Start by marking “DeathByte (Spies Lie, #2)” as Want to Read:
DeathByte (Spies Lie, #2)

DeathByte

(Spies Lie #2)

When someone breaks into hacker William Wing's Hong Kong apartment and steals the hard drives from his computer, it sets several intelligence services searching for the plans to a new device that could change the course of world politics forever. Wing's worst fears, that he might become hunted for what they think he knows, is the least of the issues at hand for his friend, ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 354 pages
Published June 12th 2014 by Swiftshadow Group, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about DeathByte, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about DeathByte

Start your review of DeathByte (Spies Lie, #2)
Clare O'Beara
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'd previously read a couple of the books in this series and my favourite is still Swiftshadow. For much of the present book, the perspective jumps quickly - from good guy to bad guy to intel overlord to slimeball to good guy 2 etc. and this can jar too much for easy reading. Also there's a particularly horrible murder of a woman, which is perhaps detailed more than strictly necessary to show us who the bad guys really are. Once you know that you can see all the rest is just an arms race.

Howeve
Sheri
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
DeathByte (Spies Lie, #2) by D.S. Kane

William Wing's apartment is broken into and his hard drives are stolen from his computer. William is a computer genius and also a fantastic hacker, actually the best there is. William is now being hunted by several world wide intelligence agency,and their motives are not good.

John Sommers ( who works for the Mossad) is called to help him (William). Soon it becomes a deadly mission, and a race for time. Who will get to William first? The Mossad, The American'
Cath
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book two of the Spies Lie series and I must admit it left me slightly confused, after having read book one and then getting a copy of book nine BrAInbender through Hidden Gems, as it left me with events having happened already in the last book in the series, but starting all over again with book two. I prefer to read books of a series in order, but getting a chance to read a book by an author I had already enjoyed from book one, I took the chance while I had it. This book starts with har ...more
Scott Shuppert
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is written by somebody who has lived this life... Well done. Dealing with the changing names of Israel, China, and others with an alias, I had to pay attention to. But, every bit of this is very real. The life of a real hacker can be very scary, and there is little they cannot get into if properly motivated.
mrs s durham
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review of spies lies books

Although I didn’t understand some of the technical side of the story the rest kept me enthralled.More twists and turns than a corkscrew.Thank you
DS Kane
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote

Kirkus Reviews issues their take on DeathByte, book 2 of the Spies Lie Series:

DEATHBYTE
Book 2 of the Spies Lie Series
Kane, DS
The Swiftshadow Group, Inc. (354 pp.)
$14.99 paperback, $3.99 e-book
ISBN: 978-0996059138; June 12, 2014

In the second installment of the Spies Lie thriller series, a covert agent reunites with his allies as intelligence agencies battle over a revolutionary tracking device.

Master hacker William Wing discovers that someone has broken into his Hong Kong apartment and stolen a
J.S. Luxor
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
D S Kane's insights into the world of espionage and subterfuge are truly unnerving. His main character is the consummate computer hacker whose computer hard drives have been stolen. The tale of what happens next is a fast paced, thrilling and, at times, horrifying look at the underbelly of international spy games and manipulations. Kane writes about this world with a decade's worth of experience under his belt. I was intrigued as well as dismayed to be introduced to the tactics used by various a ...more
Rhoda D'Ettore
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Although this is book two, I bought this because it was on sale. After reading this book and not being able to put it down, I now have to go back and read book one. The main character gets sucked into a world of intrigue and espionage as the readers get drawn in as well.

This is a well written novel that flows well, and has wonderfully defined characters. This is a must read for anyone who enjoys espionage, thrillers and suspense. Thank you DS Kane for a wonderful creation.
Chaplain Stanley Chapin
Too much

Know he writes from some experience, however if there is that much lying, deceit and double dealing, what's any intelligence worth. Sex plays apart, but did not offer to this story line.
Dennis
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kind of a complex plot but still a fun page-turning read. This book leads into the third book of the series so I'll read it next.
Eva Kilman
Dec 22, 2016
Yvonne
Dec 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Protocol (James Acton Thrillers, #1)
  • Pack Leader (Noah Wolf #17)
  • Sandman (The Thomas Family, #1)
  • Seaside Secrets
  • Birdsongs (Benny James Mystery #1)
  • The Journal (Jack O'Neill Mystery, #2)
  • Pushed  (Benny James Mystery #2)
  • Forceful Intent (Porter, #1)
  • The Defendants (Thaddeus Murfee Legal Thrillers #2)
  • Defending Turquoise (Thaddeus Murfee Legal Thrillers #6)
  • The Killing Code (DCI Logan Crime Thrillers, #3)
  • The Trial Lawyer (Thaddeus Murfee Legal Thriller, #9)
  • Unspeakable Prayers
  • Redemption Song (Jack O'Neill Mystery, #1)
  • The Ninth District (FBI Thriller #1)
  • Buccaneer (Dane Maddock, #5)
  • A Game of Proof (The Trials of Sarah Newby #1)
  • Blister
DS Kane is the name I've chosen to write under. I worked in the field of covert intelligence for over a decade. During that time, my cover was my real name, and I was on the faculty of NYU's Stern Graduate School of Business. I traveled globally for clients including government and military agencies, the largest banks, and Fortune 100 corporations, and while in-country, I did side jobs for our gov ...more

Spies Lie (8 books)
  • Bloodridge (Spies Lie, #1)
  • Swiftshadow (Spies Lie, #3)
  • Graynet (Spies Lie #4)
  • Baksheesh (Bribes) (Spies Lie, #5)
  • ProxyWar (Spies Lie, #6)
  • CypherGhost (Spies Lie, #7)
  • MindField (Spies Lie #8)