Start by marking “An Inner Fire (Grayce Walters, #1)” as Want to Read:
An Inner Fire (Grayce Walters, #1)

An Inner Fire

(Grayce Walters #1)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  94 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Grayce Walters, animal acupuncturist, harbors a secret. She hides her intuitive gifts from the world until she becomes embroiled in arson on Seattle’s waterfront.

As a key crime witness, Grayce must convince the attractive, logical, by-the-numbers fire investigator, Ewan Davis, that the fire she witnessed is part of a larger criminal conspiracy. Grayce embarks upon a missio
Published June 6th 2014 by Doe Bay Publishing (first published October 27th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about An Inner Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Inner Fire

Marti
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very different thriller mystery. Macho man Davis, a fire investigator, is in terrible danger and Grayce knows it. But then, Grayce is a acupuncture veterinarian who “hears” animals’ thoughts so Davis will never listen to her. Will he?
Brandy L
Jun 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply amazing, I was not expecting all that was an inner fire. Grayce is a vet who has the ability to not only heal animals but to communicate with them as well. When grayce finds herself in the wrong place at the wrong time she becomes a witness for a fire that she was not intended to witness. When she goes to turn in what she know about the fire she was not counting on running in to davis. He’s is the hot fire fighter that will have every one wanting to light their house of fire. Davis ends u ...more
Kelsey
I won this book through a Goodreads book giveaway and thought I would give it a shot -- there are three generations of firefighters in my family, so over years I have become more interested in reading stories about firefighters and fire investigators. The author wrote and signed a personalized thank you note inside the cover of my copy.
The chapters are quite short, with alternating points of view between Grayce and Lt. Davis, which at times could be confusing and only a slight annoyance. The inv
Dolanite
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book because it was assigned by my book club, but was really pleasantly surprised by it. This was my first Romantic Mystery, so if Romance/Mystery is your bag this is a great read for you and even if Romance/Mystery isn't your usual read this is great for lovers of Animals, Hunky Fireman and Seattle alike.
Rosemary
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was a beta reader on this charming mystery, and it's the first that I've ever read with an animal acupuncturist as the detective! If you like dogs, cute firemen, and a plucky heroine, you'll like Grayce's adventures.
Heike
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Veterinarian Grayce tries to hide her special abilities when she meets fire investigator Davis and gets pulled into the solving of an arson case.

The story has it all - cool alpha male, mysterious veterinarian, cute animals, case to solve, funky sidekicks. Thus, the read started out very nice and exciting, but soon began to fall apart. When Grayce acupunctured the fifth pet I was ready to poke my own dog with needles.

Unfortunately the alpha male turns out to be a one-dimensional controlling whine
Lilmissmolly
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Inner Fire by Jacki Delecki is an engaging and enthralling story set in modern day Seattle. I believe it is ideal for anyone who enjoys procedural dramas with a bit of romance thrown in. The story centers around Grayce who is an extraordinary veterinarian. She possesses great intuitive gifts and studied martial arts from a master. After witnessing a suspicious fire on Seattle's waterfront, she meets Ewan, the handsome by-the-book fire investigator and his dog, both of whom immediately takes a ...more
Patty
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Romance, mystery, comedy and animals, you cannot go wrong with a combination like this! Jacki Delecki has started her Grayce Walter series with a bang! Grayce is an animal acupuncturist who has an ability to speak to animals and heal them. When she witnesses a fire, she meets Ewan Davis, the fire investigator. And the sparks fly..pun intended. This mismatched couple is endearing from the start. Davis is a facts man, an investigator who relies on certainties. Grayce struggles with her relationshi ...more
Suzannah
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I purchased this as a box set but I’m going to leave my review on each individual book. “An Inner Fire” is book one in the Grayce Walters Romantic Suspense Series. I don’t normally read contemporary romance. But I found this story to be quite compelling. Grayce Walters is a veterinarian who uses acupuncture to treat her animal patients. When she stumbles upon a suspicious fire down by Seattle’s waterfront, Grayce must explain her presence to handsome arson investigator Ewan Davis.
When I saw tha
Bernadette
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I do like a good mystery and this is a good mystery. I did work it out correctly before I finished, but it didn’t diminish my pleasure in the ending. The characters in this story have baggage from their past which stops them from trusting their true feelings for others.
A veterinarian that uses acupuncture on animals and senses their pain is not someone you come across every day. I think the unusual nature of her gifts and her caring nature makes Grayce a character you want to know more about an
Jan Miller
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"I LOVED IT!!!"
Overall
Performance
Story
Wow!!! Romance, mystery, suspense and pets all in one! This book was so good and had many of my favorite criteria in one story. I really thought this book was well plotted and the characters developed. The imagery in this book was so good too! I was pulled into this story from the very beginning. I am a pet owner of multiple dogs and cats, so this book really appealed to me. I would love to find a veterinarian like Dr. Grayce Walters. The narrator did an exc
Deb Diem
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
An Inner Fire by Jacki Delecki is a contemporary romance with a paranormal twist. Ms. Delecki has delivered a well-written book. The characters in this book are fantastic and so well done, I didn't know who the bad guy was until the reveal. Grayce is an animal acupuncturist with extra sensitivities. Davis is a fire investigator searching for an arsonist. Their story is packed with action, drama, humor, sizzle, suspense and a dash of supernatural. I enjoyed reading An Inner Fire and look forward ...more
Nati
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
A gripping thriller and a love story all at once. Grayce, a very special veterinarian meets Ewan Davis, a firefighter investigator as a witness in a fire. They connect in a very powerful way. Davis is in danger and Grayce will everything in her power to protect him, even risking her life. She has a very unique gift that will help her in her mission. A very interesting story. Looking forward to read more about Grayce's aventures
Chanelle
May 09, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Nothing wrong with the writing or story. I just couldn’t get into it.
Caroline
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun, interesting book with some twists. Grayce could have been a bit less private and Davis could have been a bit less overbearing, but all in all a good mystery.
Jillian (NetGalley Addict)
*The author provided me with a copy of this book for my honest review*
3 1/2 stars

Grayce is a bit unusual she, she has certain talents that allow her to help her help animals, when she senses an animal hurt while trying to find a parking spot and gets out to help she becomes a witness in an arson case. The more things start to happen, the more Grayce is sure there is more going on, and she needs to convince the hot fire investigator Ewan Davis. With the help of her friends and her gifts she tries
JoAn
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Inner Fire by Jacki Delecki is the first book in her Grayce Walters series and was a great introduction to this series. I had previously read MEN UNDER FIRE via NetGalley and enjoyed it so much that I knew I wanted to start at the beginning.

Dr. Grayce Walters is a vet who does animal acupuncture. She has a strong intuitive ability which helps her in her healing of the pets who come to her. Her intuitive skills grow during this book which leads to a touch of paranormal throughout the book. Lt.
Scottica Rapp
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good evening! Good Morning

An inner fire

I give a 5 star

I really really enjoyed this book

Grace is a vet who loves to help animals. But she has a secret she is an empath with animals and people around her. She helps animals heal and come to peace.
One evening while helping a injured animal hurt on a pier. Upon helping the dog. She senses a evil. She sees someone walking with a bag.. then an explosion happens. She must meet the fire inspector Lt. Davis. Together they go on a journey. Someone close t
Conny
Sep 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this book as a free download and was really hoping I would just love it, since it had everything I like in a book. A location I know, mystery, pets and of course some hunky firefighters and a promising heroine with paranormal skills. It started off at a good pace and some action but I found myself getting more and more irritated at the interactions of the two main characters. They seemed to run hot and cold, which normally would work except he was acting like such a jerk that I would have ...more
Mina Khan
I love books with animal characters and the premise of this book hooked me: firefighting hero with his ex's poodle Mitzi, a gifted heroine who works as a animal acupuncturist and a mystery!

Unfortunately, I liked Mitzi way better than the hero who came across as an Alpha-jerk. Otherwise, it was an interesting story.
Nancy
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: pnr, never-read-again
Dr. Doolittle. That is what Gracie reminds me off. Though she makes a lot of stupid choices in this story. If you really like animals, and like to read about them this is the book for you. If you are looking for a sweet romantic mystery skip this book. The mystery was not great and the romance was bland.
Michele bookloverforever
arson leads to animal poisoning, attempted murder, more arson....good mystery and a psychic who communicates with and heals animals plus has prophetic dreams...finds love with an arson investigator in the midst of danger and turmoil. good start to what I hope will be a great series.
Julie Powell
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This crime novel is somewhat different due to the supernatural element, giving it an unusual slant.

I am not sure if the characters are developed enough, however, for those who enjoy this genre with a twist, this story is for you.
Christine
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Arc review For honest review. Grayce is a vet acupuncturist when she witness a arsonist. Davis is a fireman investigator . Who is trying to figure out the mystery of the arson .This has action, adventure, mystery, and love .Very very good.
Pat
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful veterinarian with amazing acupuncture skills, among others, an Alpha fire investigator with a poodle called Mitzi.......include the Russian Mob, fires, suspense and a sexy romance. I couldn't put the book down!
Michael Sigler
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Animal whisper with a touch of love

If you like animals, paranormal and a dash of romance then this is a book for you. Based in Seattle
Jan 04, 2016
sara j gill
Apr 23, 2018
Sharon
Mar 19, 2018
Melissa
rated it did not like it
Apr 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Dane Curse (Black Cape Case Files, #1)
  • Shitake Happens (Shitake Mystery, #.5)
  • Primitive Fix (Primitive, #1)
  • Conquest (Off-World, #3)
  • The Ghost Pirate's Treasure: Mystery of the Jaguar Warrior (Paranormally Yours, #1)
  • Dark Star: Confessions of a Rock Idol (Rock Star Chronicles, #1)
  • The Sound Of Footsteps
  • The Waking Moon
  • Of Noble Birth / Honor Bound
  • A Stranger in Wynnedower
  • Mark of the Loon (Gen Delacourt Mystery, #1)
  • Bearly Ever (Arcadia Knights, #1)
  • Twelfth Moon (Legend of the Pantera, #1)
  • August (Prairie Grooms, #1)
  • In the Arms of a Stranger (Shadow Heroes #2)
  • Rainy Nights 4
  • True Nature
  • Savage Retribution (Savage Australia, #1)
Romantic Mysteries ~ Extraordinary women who love and heal.

Heart-pounding adventure filled with danger, intrigue and romance from Jacki Delecki, award-winning author of the Regency suspense series “The Code Breakers” and the contemporary mystery series “Grayce Walters.”

****************************************

Descended from a long line of storytellers, Jacki spins adventures filled with mystery, he

Grayce Walters (4 books)
  • Women Under Fire (Grayce Walters, #2)
  • Men Under Fire (Grayce Walters, #3)
  • Marriage Under Fire: Grayce Walters Mystery Series 4

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
  • You and Me, Always
    $14.99 $2.99
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Every Little Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Girls of Mischief Bay (Mischief Bay, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Devil's Cut (The Bourbon Kings, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99