Start by marking “Creativity For Sale: How I Made $1,000,000 Wearing T-Shirts and How You Can Turn Your Passion Into Profit, Too” as Want to Read:

Successful entrepreneur Jason Surfrapp (formerly Jason Headsetsdotcom and Jason Sadler) shares his hard-earned advice on how to use out of the box thinking to turn passions into profits. Creativity For Sale is the story of how Jason took a crazy idea (IWearYourShirt) and turned it into social media marketing empire that generated over $1M in revenue in just a few short yea ...more
Published May 26th 2014 by The Rebel Within Us

To ask other readers questions about Creativity For Sale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creativity For Sale

Aman Mittal
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
I read a lot of business books these days and many a times I come across success stories of various entrepreneurs. But few of them talk about or share their story and how they got started from scratch. Jason Surfrapp's Creativity for Sale: How I Made $1,000,000 Wearing T-Shirts and How You Can Turn Your Passion Into Profit, Too is a one of those few people.

Tim Fargo
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Part story, part instruction, Jason SurfrApp does an excellent job of providing both inspiration and insight for business newbies and veterans alike. Moreover, the book, much of which chronicles his journey from employee to t-shirt wearing employer, is an enjoyable engaging read.

As someone who built and sold a business, I can confirm Jason's story as being accurate, and his instructions as valuable. In spite of my prior experience, I too found some great "nuggets" which I have already incorpora
Sue Caulfield
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-52in52
I absolutely love this book! Not only does Jason's personality shine through his writing style, he offers candid advice, solid tips and a genuine viewpoint of the lessons he has learned from being an entrepreneur. This book left me with all the feels, but mainly a sense of encouragement and excitement to start working on my own projects! Highly recommend.
Maddie Cochere
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Highly motivating with an engaging style of writing. A super read for anyone trying to launch or grow a business. ... I sponsored page 105 in this book!
Elsa
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: a-must-read
Newness Overload

Jason packed me with crystal clear inspiration to do things differently. He planted new seeds I am scared yet excited to water. My brain is digesting it all. My heart is in love with his heartfelt out-of-the-box creativity. I have no idea where I am heading but after reading this book I know one thing — the unknown tastes better as never before. Thank you Jason for gifting me hope on the road less traveled.
Maria Pascual
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book to any entrepreneur or freelancer. The creativity of the author to create a business is amazing. And he shares with you how he thinks out of the box, how those crazy ideas came up.

He also shares with you useful tools as well as useful lessons he has learnt during his entrepreneurial trip. Really good knowledge & tips to follow!
Matthew
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I'm one if the sponsors of the book.

Ok, I wanted to write this review after I read it. As a college business professor I read a lot of business books and I was setting my bar pretty high reading this one. After knowing what Jason has been through with his company the past few years, this book give an amazingly intimate account of Jason's experiences from a behind the scenes perspective of the hard work, dedication and practical business competences that are necessary to start and ru
Ignas
Jun 19, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inspiration
Just finished the book and have two type of feelings about it. On one hand it was inspiring and gave be kick in a butt to start working on one of my ideas. On the other hand sometimes it was boring to read and sometimes Jason gives tips, but those are very basic and you really want to get more details on it, but there are none. There were few moments when I got annoyed because of that. Like telling "start collecting the mailing list" is ok, but this is really not enough... Tips like how to get p ...more
Jenny DiOrio
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great, quick read full of insight into going about business in an "out of the box" way. Nothing to overly heavy, but a few groundbreaking ideas on social media and what not to do, which was refreshing since there is a ton of information out there about how to, but I really enjoyed reading about Jason's mistakes. The Klout one was rather comical. I've been following Jason for sometime, and although I haven't any sort of interaction with him, I've stalked his twitter feed and blog for some time. I ...more
Sep 25, 2014 rated it liked it
After hearing Jason's inspiring story about iwearyourshirt.com on a podcast, I loved it and it enticed me to purchase the book. His success and stories are "out of the box" and I love that, but the book is sort of elementary as far as actionable tips for entrepreneurs. Also, he is a genius with the sponsorships, particularly how he sold $75K worth in the book.

TLDR; Love everything he did successfully in his businesses and the inspiring stories in the book, but remainder of book is more intro to
Mubaid Syed
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Jason is a cool guy.
What this book will probably do for you is give a kick in the butt and make you realise that you can make money from even the silliest of ideas.
People usually make life so complicated and always try to do things the conventional way.
Jason has proved with his projects that money can even be made if decide to do something really unconventional like just wearing tshirts.
William M. Fogarty
Awesome book

I like reading real stories of entrepreneurs and especially those that feature failures as well as successes. There is a great deal to learn within this book. Jason really bares it all, the good, the bad and everything in between. This book inspires me and I highly recommend it.
Kelimutu Rizki
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm enjoy reading it. He's one of the most creative person I've ever heard of. Interesting story of how he make money from the way other people might think as impossible. Jason does a really good job!
Bobby Claude
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a great book, and it brought a whole new view to how I can use creativity for a profit. It was great to see that Jason didn't only include examples of what worked for him, but he also described what didn't. This is a great book and I have been wanting to read it for a while.
Omar M. Khateeb
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A fun and peculiar way to do remarkable things. A great way for entrepreneurs to get ideas for Guerrilla marketing.
Julie Baker
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Perfect for those of us needing a push to follow your dream. Engaging and informative, I enjoyed how the author told to good and stresses of entrepreneurship.
Dustan Woodhouse
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The title says it all - maximum creativity. makes me feel intellectually lazy!
Rebecca Palmer
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this little read! So snappy, creative, and interesting!
Nigel
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
A bit too autobiographical at times which makes it a little boring in a few pages but other wise interesting and thought provoking about left field business ideas and marketing.
Kevin Grzybouski
May 14, 2015
Ashley Rieflin
Jun 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Freaks Shall Inherit the Earth: Entrepreneurship for Weirdos, Misfits, and World Dominators
  • Ctrl Alt Delete: Reboot Your Business. Reboot Your Life. Your Future Depends on It.
  • Brainwashed: Seven ways to reinvent yourself
  • Duct Tape Selling: Think Like a Marketer-Sell Like a Superstar
  • The Human Brand
  • The End of Leadership
  • The Best of Guerrilla Marketing: Guerrilla Marketing Remix
  • Why Some Things Should Not Be for Sale: The Moral Limits of Markets
  • Career Match: Connecting Who You Are with What You'll Love to Do
  • Cooking Up a Business: Lessons from Food Lovers Who Turned Their Passion Into a Career -- And How You C An, Too
  • The Brand Mapping Strategy: Design, Build, and Accelerate Your Brand
  • Cold Hard Truth on Family, Kids and Money
  • Etsy-Preneurship: Everything You Need to Know to Turn Your Handmade Hobby Into a Thriving Business
  • Podcast Launch - A Step by Step Podcasting Guide Including 15 Video Tutorials
  • Craftivity: 40 Projects for the DIY Lifestyle
  • The City Reader
  • New Venture Creation: Entrepreneurship for the 21st Century
  • Daisy to the Rescue: True Stories of Daring Dogs, Paramedic Parrots, and Other Animal Heroes
Jason SurfrApp (formerly Jason Headsetsdotcom & Jason Sadler) is an unconventional marketer, entrepreneur, and speaker. Tired of living a life that felt prescribed to him by society, Jason used his out-of-the-box thinking and ingenuity to create multiple profitable Internet-based businesses.

He created IWearYourShirt in 2008, a company that used sponsored t-shirts to promote over 1,600 business
“Resist your initial impulse to immediately jump to social media websites to launch your project. Instead, start with the network you already have (and that already trusts you).” 1 likes
“hard work equals more luck” 1 likes