Start by marking “A Fallen Hero Rises” as Want to Read:
A Fallen Hero Rises

A Fallen Hero Rises

Three hundred years ago, a group of heroes imprisoned a dark god and his lieutenants in a hell dimension known as the Void.
Since then, the people of Maghe Sihre have lived in relative peace. Now, a secret war brews at the edge of civilization.

Tadgh Dooley, a young man from Earth, is burdened with a dangerous and impossible power. He has the ability to warp the fabric of r
Published June 9th 2014 by CreateSpace (first published December 12th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Fallen Hero Rises, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Fallen Hero Rises

Start your review of A Fallen Hero Rises
Christoph Fischer
"A Fallen Hero Rises (Sword of Kassandra) by M. Joseph Murphy is an accomplished piece of fantasy / science fiction writing and a very enjoyable read.
Set on the distant planet of Maghe Sihre seers have ominous premonitions when an earthling crashes down through the void and onto their planet. The damage to the void is seen as a threat to the planet but there is also the mystery to resolve as to why the boy has landed on their planet. A separate narrative tells us about earthling Tadgh Dooley's b
Furio
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A word of caution about reading this book (I beg pardon for the convoluted syntax):

this book is supposed to be the first in a series and that series is supposed to be part of a multiple-series narrative universe with shared characters and settings.
As far as I know, though, only three books about this universe have appeared: two belong two the "Activation" series whereas this one I am reviewing is the first -and only- instalment in the "Sword of Kassandra" series.
All of them date back to 2014. I
Andrew Peters
This book held some surprises for me, though I guess I skimmed through the blurb too fast.

It starts out in the familiar style of high fantasy, and with familiar themes. A medieval-ish world with seers and warriors and various types of magic-wielding characters is confronting a rift in the “Void,” which can only spell trouble.

Then, with the entrance of Tadgh’s story, a 17-year-old human who fell into the world out of nowhere, it takes on the tone of the classic fish-out-of-water trope, a bit like
Kutsua
Mar 22, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well, I have finished this book - so it couldn't have been THAT bad.
No, I take it back, it was that bad. It was probably even worse.
What annoyed me the most:
1) the names of the characters (i.e. the spelling), which are irritating enough in their own right (and I am going to use initials in my review instead);
2) instalove between S. and T. and the development of their relationship which was kind of cheap;
3) the superpowers: T. has soooo many superpowers that Superman would envy him. He is not o
Janeylou
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 0000-sh-recs
3. 5 stars
Helen Scheuerer
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Fallen Hero Rises follows the story and adventures of Tadge - a regular guy from Earth, who is flung through a 'void' in the existence of space & time to land on a distant planet. In addition to having to come to terms with a completely different way of life - he also finds himself adorned with a number of highly unusual new abilities, such as getting whatever he wants whenever he wishes for it, and the ability to transfigure into feline form.

The story is told from a number of different perspe
Joanie Mills
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book , I thought this story was an amazing new series into a new world where I haven't yet ventured it was a story unlike any I've read what I love most is the future hero isn't innocent he's not perfect he just a regular boy with crap luck until the god bes intervenes and gives a blessing and a curse and then end up in a world unlike one he's never seen where he has to learn to live , to trust , and to learn to help and not kill with his powers
I'm honestly eagerly awaiting the nex
Simon Okill
Ren
May 04, 2014
Chad Chambers
May 11, 2014
Joseph Murphy was born and raised in Ontario, Canada. He earned his geekdom at an early age. He read X-Men comics from at the age of 8 and it only went downhill from there.

As a teenager he wrote short stories and wanted to be the next Stephen King. Instead of horror, however, he kept writing fantasy stories. After surviving high school as a goth with a purple mohawk, he studied English and Creativ