Start by marking “Beneath This Mask (Beneath, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beneath This Mask (Beneath, #1)

Beneath This Mask

(Beneath #1)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  17,924 ratings  ·  1,397 reviews
He loves me, and he doesnt even know my real name.

The limelight that follows him could expose everything Im hiding. But even knowing the risks, I cant force myself to stay away.

Im going to break his heart, but mine will shatter right along with it.

Will we lose it all when I reveal whats beneath this mask?
Published September 29th 2014 by Meghan March LLC (first published September 4th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Beneath This Mask, please sign up.
Maria (aquariusismymood)
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Tracy I read them out of order. They are not sequels, more like companion books.…moreI read them out of order. They are not sequels, more like companion books. (less)

·  17,924 ratings  ·  1,397 reviews

Start your review of Beneath This Mask (Beneath, #1)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
3.75 - 4 Stars

A new to me author, I liked this a lot.

Simon was yummy with his confident, straight-forwardly sexy ways...although I have to admit I was a lot more drawn to Constantine in this book...

description

...and yet, I'm not sure how interested I am in his actual book - which is the next installment in the series - being that he's fucked pretty much all of the female characters from this book except for Harriet the token "cool grandma" character.

description

Apparently it's "Constantine," Abigail Breslin.

Charlie
Catarina
4,5 Enigmatic Stars.

Charlie is running away. Her father is facing jail time for fraud, after stealing millions from innocent people, and hes probably one of the most hated men in the US. Not wanting to be associated with her family and their actions, she decided to run away.
Now, a year later, she is living in New Orleans under a fake ID and working at a tattoo parlor, when one night she meets Simon. They immediately hit off, but she knows she cant have him. Simon is the son of an important
Candace
After her father is sent to prison for defrauding investors out of billions of dollars, Charolette flees New York City and the life she's always known, rather than live with the humiliation and shame for her father's actions. She relocates to New Orleans, starts going by the name Charlie, and changes her appearance. She'd hardly recognize the prim and proper socialite that she used to be.

Other than a "friends with benefits" that she has with her boss, Con, she's avoided relationships with men.
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Charlotte Agoston has found herself smack dab in the middle of a fraud scandal. All thanks goes to her infamous father. Being hounded by press and the FBI about her involvement leads to her fleeing New York City and the public eye.

[image error]

One year later and Charlotte has dyed her hair, covered her body with tattoos, and goes by Charlie Stone. Shes living in New Orleans and has kept her identity quiet and her walls up until war vet, son of a congressman, Simon Duchesne walks into
Evgeny
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Charlotte was a daughter of a guy who managed to embezzled some serious money for his investors. The count was in billions range - think Bernard Madoff with bigger appetite.
Bernard Madoff
Just like his real-life counterpart he was not smart enough to realize that if you do it with lower and middle class people money you get a slap on the wrist; try to separate rich people from theirs and you are doomed.

After her dad was caught and sentenced Charlotte fled in shame all the was from NYC to New Orleans and
Coco.V
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
It all started with this amazing story and it's FREE on Amazon today (9/7/2017)!
Sleepless Readmore
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
4 I-WANT-YOU-BENEATH-ME STARS

Charlie and Simon .. ♥

I wanna provide
this loving that you're giving
I ain't frontin' in this love
.. ►♫

description

Took me long ENOUGH! I hate putting books down .. I prefer to read in one sitting. Unfortunately, I couldn't .. nonetheless this novel was enjoyable even after putting down. Although .. it was quite short (SIGH)! Despite it being short .. it worked: the story wasn't rushed and went steady through out which I liked. A good read, nothing negative to say which brings
Sabrina
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

♫Listened to on Audible 11/27/17♫
I enjoyed this audio but I much preferred the female narrator. For me the male just sounded like he was trying to imitate Batman or something so those parts were a little meh for me. Still great though.

4 'Tatted Up' Stars

Charlie is on the run from the FBI as a person if interest in her father's embezzlement case, and more importantly, form the media who wants her to burn along with her family for her father's sins. For a year
Georgina ☽ themalf0ydiaries
4.5 **Unmasked** Stars

In Beneath this Mask we see Charlotte Agoston daughter of Alistair Agoston, being involved in one of the biggest fraud scandals cause of her family. Her father stole billions of dollars from innocent people. So she decides to run away, leave her rich life and name behind and become Charlie Stone .

A year passes by.
Charlie works at a tattoo parlor and tries to stay under the radar.
But that doesn't work out as a tall, muscular, "every-woman's-type-of-guy" comes and
Jen
This was the first book in this series written by Meghan March. This is also my first time reading anything from this author, and I'm officially hooked! I did have a bit of trouble getting into the story right at the beginning; but once I became engrossed in the characters--I was hooked. I fell in love with Simon, who is a hero that is such a sweetheart; but he is no push over. I often can't stand a hero that is wishy washy; but Simon isn't that. He is a teddy bear, but he has that alpha male ...more
Cristina
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Later edit: I just found out that this novel is FREE for a limited period so if you want to give it a shot now's the time ;)

description

Get your FREE copy from Amazon HERE!

____________________________________________

I discovered Meghan March this summer and everything I've read by her so far I've loved :D

description

Charlie found out that her perfect life isn't so perfect and now that everyone knows her name and face (and that her father went to jail for the rest of his life) her only option is to move away, change
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo free neon Pu4 by sb_zpsshhyon8b.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (10/24/2015)

Book 1 in duet. Complete set.

BLURB:
He loves me, and he doesnt even know my real name.

Im going to break his heart, but mine will shatter right along with it.

Will we lose it all when I reveal whats beneath this mask?

FREEBIES are often good for MORE than one day, I have gathered all my
Dilek VT
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
I am happy to have discovered this series because it started with a promising one.

Book 1 Beneath This Mask was something between 4 4,5 stars for me.

I am excited about the other books in the row 😊

The Plot & Characters:

Charlie (Charlotte) is living a low-profile life, trying to be under the radar. She has changed her hair color and hid her previous sophisticated look beneath tattoos all over now.

The tattoos had become more than camouflage to hide the girl Id once been; they were a
✿kawehi.reviews
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC of this book from in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!! ☆

description

Beneath the Mask was innovative, captivating, and ultra sexy!!

I had the pleasure of meeting author Meghan March through her first book, Flash Bang, after she had offered me a chance to review her book, and I instantly became hooked on her work!!

Now, a couple months later, Beneath the Mask not only solidifies my fandom for her, but, is also a step up in her writing and author craftsmanship!!

In here, we have
London
description
Title: Beneath This Mask (Beneath #1)
Series: Standalone serie
Triggers?
Cliffhanger: . No.
Intolerable Heroine .No.
Über Douchebagery .No.
Taboo Subject Matter .No.
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love Triangle (view spoiler)
description

ARC kindly provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I loved this book! Charlie had every
*TANYA*
Mar 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I had been wanting to read this series for a while, so far so good I'm liking it.
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐4 STARS⭐⭐⭐⭐

I should have listened to my friends earlier because I enjoyed this one so much I read it in one sitting! Less than 5 hours and I was done.
I'm already reading book 2 and can see myself binging with book 3 in tow.
Looking forward to read more from this author.
Kate
So Ive noticed that I need to write a review for books otherwise I become unhappy. Sad, I know.

I was really sure about this series to begin with BUT the series is amazing and this book is as well. So after reading that I automatically bought the book. I have to admit though that the blurb didnt really sound promising and dont give anything away. But that is what makes you want to read it.
Opening line:

I stepped off the witness stand feeling like Id been skinned and gutted, my insides laid out
Jeannine Allison
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
**FREE**

Things I liked:
-The good-boy/bad-girl aspect, too often it's the other way around
-Con and Charlie's relationship (view spoiler)

Things I didn't like:
-Their connection felt more like lust than love, I'm still not really sure what it is they loved about each other
-How Simon reacted at the party (view spoiler)
Kendall Ryan
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm coming to love Meghan March's books.... Beneath This Mask is extremely well written, with engaging characters, and hot, HOT romance!!! :)
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
4.5 Stars

I liked it a lot, maybe even loved it. It was so enlightening, I learned a little bit and loved her tattoo's. This is a really hard review, because what more can I say than I really enjoyed it. But I just love Meghan March her writing style!

There was an itsie bitsie little thingy that irritated me and that was when she see's Huck again she doesn't really say hello to him? You know what I mean, when you see your dog/baby again after a long time you give him a big hug before anything
Pam
Jun 04, 2015 marked it as next-na-steamy-goodness
Recommended to Pam by: ♥♥Sonya♥♥
Shelves: freebie, new-adult
Recommended by ♥♥Sonya ♥♥ ~ GR isn't letting me tag you, sorry!
Princess J. Antoinette
Okay, I finally finished this book, and I must say it was a struggle because our heroine absolutely got on my last damn nerves with her stubbornness and stupidity... Geesh! How thick can one person be?

Okay I'm getting ahead of myself here.. First, I want it on the record that I love Maghan March. I love her writing skills and her storytelling and if her intentions were to convey that the heroine was to be irritating and annoying then damnit she won me over again. If not, I still will give her a
Minx
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this story!! What a great romance filled with intrigue and an element of danger. Soooooo good!!!! Highly recommend this book and I cant wait to read Cons story next! ...more
Talltree
Apr 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Sexy romance(with a bit of suspense) between former debutante, now dirty-talking tattoo artist h and all round good guy H. I ended up liking the h a lot, she was original, wasn't a victim and was good to the H. The H seemed too good to be true at times, like a knight-saviour or something - more of a caricature than a real person. 3.5 stars.

Safe romance.
Holly
Mar 19, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a good book that could have easily been a lot better. Charlotte is an interesting character, as a good girl turned tattooed independent woman, but Simon is a little too good to be believable. I liked the dynamics of their relationship, but their declarations of love for one another came way too soon with no real basis as they had only gone on one real date at that point I think? The fall out of the revelation of Charlotte's identity was a bit anticlimactic.

As an aside, the audiobook
Fran
Amber J
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Adults Only
I might not have any right to your love, and it might be stolen, but its mine and its precious and you cant have it back.
Meghan March, Beneath This Mask

I try to express only my most honest opinion in a spoiler free way. If you feel anything in my review is a spoiler and is not already hidden in spoiler brackets please let me know. Thank you.

After Charolettes father is convicted for scamming people out of a HUGE amount of money. She becomes Charlie and starts life over in New Orleans. There

MissDemeanor
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

A bad girl/good boy romance is not as popular as a good girl/bad boy one so this definitely grabbed my attention. I consider this as just a sort of bad girl/good boy romance though. I say "sort of" because while the heroine (Charlie) might look the part, with her tattoos and piercings, I don't consider her as a "bad girl". She's not even that rebellious. What she has though is a shameful family secret that could ruin anyone's image so I suppose she's bad in the sense that she's not the
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
Audio book edition

Im not a huge fan of audio books. The narrators voices tend to grate on my nerves, my mind wanders so I have to constantly rewind, and the pacing frustrates me. I can read a book in half the time it takes to listen to one, and if I increase the speed the voices sound even more annoying. Color me surprised then that I enjoyed the Beneath This Mask audio book so much. The story held my interest and the voice actors are phenomenal.

This is the first full-length Meghan March novel I

• Inappropriate
  • Throttle Me (Men of Inked, #1)
  • Dirty Letters
  • Maneuver (Men of Inked: Southside, #1)
  • Merciless (Merciless, #1)
  • Bittersweet (True North, #1)
  • Pucked (Pucked, #1)
  • Rebel Heir (Rush Duet, #1)
  • Rebel Heart (Rush Duet, #2)
  • Playing for Keeps (Hot Jocks, #1)
  • The Deal (Arranged Series #1)
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Playboy Pilot
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • Stuck-Up Suit
  • Badd Motherf*cker (Badd Brothers, #1)
  • Park Avenue Player
Making the jump from corporate lawyer to romance author was a leap of faith that New York Times, #1 Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author Meghan March will never regret. With over thirty titles published, she has sold millions of books in nearly a dozen languages to fellow romance-lovers around the world. A nomad at heart, she can currently be found in the woods of the Pacific ...more

Beneath (7 books)
  • Beneath This Ink (Beneath, #2)
  • Beneath These Chains (Beneath, #3)
  • Beneath These Scars (Beneath #4)
  • Beneath These Lies (Beneath, #5)
  • Beneath These Shadows (Beneath, #6)
  • Beneath the Truth (Beneath, #7)

News & Interviews