Start by marking “Beneath This Mask (Beneath, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beneath This Mask (Beneath, #1)

Beneath This Mask (Beneath #1)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  13,499 Ratings  ·  1,113 Reviews
He loves me, and he doesn’t even know my real name.

The limelight that follows him could expose everything I’m hiding. But even knowing the risks, I can’t force myself to stay away.

I’m going to break his heart, but mine will shatter right along with it.

Will we lose it all when I reveal what’s beneath this mask?
Published September 29th 2014 by Meghan March LLC (first published September 4th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Beneath This Mask, please sign up.
That's What She Read
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Tracy I read them out of order. They are not sequels, more like companion books.

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky, and B*tchy ⚓️ Steamy Reads
3.75 - 4 Stars

A new to me author, I liked this a lot.

Simon was yummy with his confident, straight-forwardly sexy ways...although I have to admit I was a lot more drawn to Constantine in this book...

description

...and yet, I'm not sure how interested I am in his actual book - which is the next installment in the series - being that he's fucked pretty much all of the female characters from this book except for Harriet the token "cool grandma" character.

description

Apparently it's "Constantine," Abigail Breslin.

Charlie
Maddie
Jul 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cr, favorite, hot
This is currently free on Amazon might link below :) enjoy!

NOT FOR under 18

According to me a Prologue or the 1st Chapter of a book is THE reflection - SO it must capture my attention from page 1 I will continue a few more chapters to give the Book a fair chance to change my mind!

Herewith my review!

5 Golden Swooning “Simon” Stars ****

Simon……He picked up my hand and traced the tattoos up on my arm “just like you’re more than the sum of your ink. I want to
Catarina
4,5 Enigmatic Stars.

Charlie is running away. Her father is facing jail time for fraud, after stealing millions from innocent people, and he’s probably one of the most hated men in the US. Not wanting to be associated with her family and their actions, she decided to run away.
Now, a year later, she is living in New Orleans under a fake ID and working at a tattoo parlor, when one night she meets Simon. They immediately hit off, but she knows she can’t have him. Simon is the son of an important po
Candace
After her father is sent to prison for defrauding investors out of billions of dollars, Charolette flees New York City and the life she's always known, rather than live with the humiliation and shame for her father's actions. She relocates to New Orleans, starts going by the name Charlie, and changes her appearance. She'd hardly recognize the prim and proper socialite that she used to be.

Other than a "friends with benefits" that she has with her boss, Con, she's avoided relationships with men. B
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Charlotte Agoston has found herself smack dab in the middle of a fraud scandal. All thanks goes to her infamous father. Being hounded by press and the FBI about her involvement leads to her fleeing New York City and the public eye.

description

One year later and Charlotte has dyed her hair, covered her body with tattoos, and goes by Charlie Stone. She’s living in New Orleans and has kept her identity quiet and her walls up until war vet, son of a congressman, Simon Duchesne walks into her shop.

Simo
Sleepless Readmore
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
4 I-WANT-YOU-BENEATH-ME STARS

Charlie and Simon .. ♥

I wanna provide
this loving that you're giving
I ain't frontin' in this love
.. ►♫

description

Took me long ENOUGH! I hate putting books down .. I prefer to read in one sitting. Unfortunately, I couldn't .. nonetheless this novel was enjoyable even after putting down. Although .. it was quite short (SIGH)! Despite it being short .. it worked: the story wasn't rushed and went steady through out which I liked. A good read, nothing negative to say which brings
Sabrina
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

♫Listened to on Audible 11/27/17♫
I enjoyed this audio but I much preferred the female narrator. For me the male just sounded like he was trying to imitate Batman or something so those parts were a little meh for me. Still great though.

4 'Tatted Up' Stars

Charlie is on the run from the FBI as a person if interest in her father's embezzlement case, and more importantly, form the media who wants her to burn along with her family for her father's sins. For a year she
Georgina ☽ 2greekgirlsreading
4.5 **Unmasked** Stars

In Beneath this Mask we see Charlotte Agoston daughter of Alistair Agoston, being involved in one of the biggest fraud scandals cause of her family. Her father stole billions of dollars from innocent people. So she decides to run away, leave her rich life and name behind and become Charlie Stone .

A year passes by.
Charlie works at a tattoo parlor and tries to stay under the radar.
But that doesn't work out as a tall, muscular, "every-woman's-type-of-guy" comes and sweep
Coco.V
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It all started with this amazing story and it's FREE on Amazon today (9/7/2017)!
Cristina
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Later edit: I just found out that this novel is FREE for a limited period so if you want to give it a shot now's the time ;)

description

Get your FREE copy from Amazon HERE!

____________________________________________

I discovered Meghan March this summer and everything I've read by her so far I've loved :D

description

Charlie found out that her perfect life isn't so perfect and now that everyone knows her name and face (and that her father went to jail for the rest of his life) her only option is to move away, change
Jen
This was the first book in this series written by Meghan March. This is also my first time reading anything from this author, and I'm officially hooked! I did have a bit of trouble getting into the story right at the beginning; but once I became engrossed in the characters--I was hooked. I fell in love with Simon, who is a hero that is such a sweetheart; but he is no push over. I often can't stand a hero that is wishy washy; but Simon isn't that. He is a teddy bear, but he has that alpha male tr ...more
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo free neon Pu4 by sb_zpsshhyon8b.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (10/24/2015)

Book 1 in duet. Complete set.

BLURB:
He loves me, and he doesn’t even know my real name.

I’m going to break his heart, but mine will shatter right along with it.

Will we lose it all when I reveal what’s beneath this mask?

FREEBIES are often good for MORE than one day, I have gathered all my FRE
✿kawehi.reviews
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC of this book from in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!! ☆

description

Beneath the Mask was innovative, captivating, and ultra sexy!!

I had the pleasure of meeting author Meghan March through her first book, Flash Bang, after she had offered me a chance to review her book, and I instantly became hooked on her work!!

Now, a couple months later, Beneath the Mask not only solidifies my fandom for her, but, is also a step up in her writing and author craftsmanship!!

In here, we have
Dilek VT
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
I am happy to have discovered this series because it started with a promising one.

Book 1 – Beneath This Mask was something between 4 – 4,5 stars for me.

I am excited about the other books in the row 😊

The Plot & Characters:

Charlie (Charlotte) is living a low-profile life, trying to be under the radar. She has changed her hair color and hid her previous sophisticated look beneath tattoos all over now.

The tattoos had become more than camouflage to hide the girl I’d once been; they were a dec
London
description
Title: Beneath This Mask (Beneath #1)
Series: Standalone serie
Triggers?
Cliffhanger: . No.
Intolerable Heroine .No.
Über Douchebagery .No.
Taboo Subject Matter .No.
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love Triangle (view spoiler)
description

ARC kindly provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I loved this book! Charlie had every qualit
*TANYA*
Mar 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I had been wanting to read this series for a while, so far so good I'm liking it.
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐4 STARS⭐⭐⭐⭐

I should have listened to my friends earlier because I enjoyed this one so much I read it in one sitting! Less than 5 hours and I was done.
I'm already reading book 2 and can see myself binging with book 3 in tow.
Looking forward to read more from this author.
Jeannine Allison
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cover-love
**FREE**

Things I liked:
-The good-boy/bad-girl aspect, too often it's the other way around
-Con and Charlie's relationship (view spoiler)

Things I didn't like:
-Their connection felt more like lust than love, I'm still not really sure what it is they loved about each other
-How Simon reacted at the party (view spoiler)
Kate's Corner
So I’ve noticed that I need to write a review for books otherwise I become unhappy. Sad, I know.

I was really sure about this series to begin with BUT the series is amazing and this book is as well. So after reading that I automatically bought the book. I have to admit though that the blurb didn’t really sound promising and don’t give anything away. But that is what makes you want to read it.
Opening line:

‘I stepped off the witness stand feeling like I’d been skinned and gutted, my insides laid
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
4.5 Stars

I liked it a lot, maybe even loved it. It was so enlightening, I learned a little bit and loved her tattoo's. This is a really hard review, because what more can I say than I really enjoyed it. But I just love Meghan March her writing style!

There was an itsie bitsie little thingy that irritated me and that was when she see's Huck again she doesn't really say hello to him? You know what I mean, when you see your dog/baby again after a long time you give him a big hug before anything els
Pam
Jun 04, 2015 marked it as next-na-steamy-goodness
Recommended to Pam by: ♥♥Sonya♥♥
Shelves: new-adult, freebie
Recommended by ♥♥Sonya ♥♥ ~ GR isn't letting me tag you, sorry!
Princess J. Antoinette
Okay, I finally finished this book, and I must say it was a struggle because our heroine absolutely got on my last damn nerves with her stubbornness and stupidity... Geesh! How thick can one person be?

Okay I'm getting ahead of myself here.. First, I want it on the record that I love Maghan March. I love her writing skills and her storytelling and if her intentions were to convey that the heroine was to be irritating and annoying then damnit she won me over again. If not, I still will give her a
Talltree
Apr 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Sexy romance(with a bit of suspense) between former debutante, now dirty-talking tattoo artist h and all round good guy H. I ended up liking the h a lot, she was original, wasn't a victim and was good to the H. The H seemed too good to be true at times, like a knight-saviour or something - more of a caricature than a real person. 3.5 stars.

Safe romance.
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
I loved this story!! What a great romance filled with intrigue and an element of danger. Soooooo good!!!! Highly recommend this book and I can’t wait to read Con’s story next!
Rachel
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Overall rating: 4.5 stars!!!!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love Triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)

HEA: (view spoiler)

My review:
This book had EVERYTHING I love in a romance novel! It's the story of a girl, Charlie, hiding from her past and a boy, Simon, who sees who she is "beneath her mask" and wants him nonetheless. Exactly how she is.

Simon is the kind of hero you love to read about. He is
Fran
MissDemeanor
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

A bad girl/good boy romance is not as popular as a good girl/bad boy one so this definitely grabbed my attention. I consider this as just a sort of bad girl/good boy romance though. I say "sort of" because while the heroine (Charlie) might look the part, with her tattoos and piercings, I don't consider her as a "bad girl". She's not even that rebellious. What she has though is a shameful family secret that could ruin anyone's image so I suppose she's bad in the sense that she's not the
Markéta
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars! ****

I've chosen to read this one because lots of my friends rated it really high, the blurb was interesting and I wanted to know if it's really that good as everyone is saying. And it was!

Charlotte's father stole and his a lot of money (a lot! if I had only 1% of that sum I'd be a really happy girl), she was being guestioned by FBI and after her last hearing she disappeared. Not because she was guilty, but because she wanted a fresh start.

And a freash start she did have. She completely
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
Audio book edition

I’m not a huge fan of audio books. The narrators’ voices tend to grate on my nerves, my mind wanders so I have to constantly rewind, and the pacing frustrates me. I can read a book in half the time it takes to listen to one, and if I increase the speed the voices sound even more annoying. Color me surprised then that I enjoyed the Beneath This Mask audio book so much. The story held my interest and the voice actors are phenomenal.

This is the first full-length Meghan March novel
Holly
Mar 19, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a good book that could have easily been a lot better. Charlotte is an interesting character, as a good girl turned tattooed independent woman, but Simon is a little too good to be believable. I liked the dynamics of their relationship, but their declarations of love for one another came way too soon with no real basis as they had only gone on one real date at that point I think? The fall out of the revelation of Charlotte's identity was a bit anticlimactic.

As an aside, the audiobook na
  • Stolen Course (Wrecked and Ruined, #2)
  • Searing Ecstasy (Guardians of the Realms #7)
  • Sweet Seduction Stripped (Sweet Seduction, #7)
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
  • Sleepless Nights (Wrath MC, #1)
  • The Bare Bones (The Bare Bones MC #1)
  • Gift Wrapped
  • Walk on the Striped Side (Big Bad Bite, #2)
  • The Fractured Heart (Second Circle Tattoos, #2)
  • Hardass (Bad Bitch, #2)
  • Exposed by Fate (Serve, #2)
  • A Reason to Live (Reason, #3)
  • Temper for You (For You, #3)
  • Secret Alpha (A is for Alpha Male, #2)
  • The Wife (The Professor, #4)
Meghan March is a New York Times, #1 Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author of over two dozen titles. She has been known to wear camo face paint and tromp around in woods wearing mud-covered boots, all while sporting a perfect manicure. She’s also impulsive, easily entertained, and absolutely unapologetic about the fact that she loves to read and write smut. Her past lives include s ...more
More about Meghan March

Beneath (7 books)
  • Beneath This Ink (Beneath, #2)
  • Beneath These Chains (Beneath, #3)
  • Beneath These Scars (Beneath, #4)
  • Beneath These Lies (Beneath, #5)
  • Beneath These Shadows (Beneath, #6)
  • Beneath the Truth (Beneath, #7)
“Wherever you are is where I want to be.” 8 likes