Start by marking “Terror Train (anthology)” as Want to Read:
Terror Train (anthology)

Terror Train

(Terror Train #1)

The train rides, from city to city, from village to village, through states, across rivers and mountains. If only it could tell its tales of grisly murder, of demonic pacts, black holes into different dimensions and portals to other realms where the ghosts of train robbers hunt in perpetuity for that elusive bullion filled carriage that cost them their immortal souls. ...more
Published June 15th 2014 by James Ward Kirk Fiction (first published June 11th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Terror Train, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Terror Train

Start your review of Terror Train (anthology)
Stuart Keane
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
First, a disclaimer. I wasn't sure if I should review this book because my short story, 'Fool Aboard', is included. Seems a bit big-headed of me, huh? Well, no. Being part of the selection process for this book was an eye-opener and one thing I do know is that every single author and poet in this book worked their backsides off to take part. Thus, my review will be about the other stories in the book. The rating does not include my effort - but feel free to check it out anyway.

With that out of
Lisa Sandberg
Jun 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
A very good anthology of horror stories/poems. I liked how the poems were put in between the stories to make the transition from story to story.

This is a very good group of authors, with many good train themed stories.

Some of my favorite stories were: Charie D. La Marr, Shuffling off to Nowhere; Jim Goforth, Training the Unfortunate; Stuart Keane, Fool Aboard; and A.P. Gilbert, The Meat Wagon, along with several others.
M. Robertson
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I got this book because I read somewhere that William F. Nolan had a story in it and I am a fan of Logan's Run His story was really good. He didn't disappoint. So was the rest of the book. It got off to a very surprising start. Charie D. La Marr's story Shuffling off to Nowhere story was nothing like I was expecting in this book. It came out of the gate like Secretariat and really got me hooked. Nice way to start an anthology. Warning: it may be a horror book but this story will make you laugh ...more
Christoph Fischer
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"Terror Train" is an inspired and greatly diverse anthology of horror stories. As with most collections the style varies enormously and anything from short poems to fairly lengthy (short) stories is included.
And as varied are the subjects: From subtle psychological terror to ghosts to gory meat grinding horror, "Terror Train" has a lot to offer.
My favourite stories included an adventurous excursion by a few boys exploring an abandoned train station, a transcontinental train journey that ends at
Brian Barnett
Recommends it for: Horror Fans; Train Enthusiasts
Shelves: anthologies, horror
As a contributor, perhaps it's not "proper" for me to leave a review; however, I only had a small part in this massive tome (a few tiny haikus).

Terror Train is brimming with talent. I'm always happy to share space with E. S. Wynn, Mike Jansen, Lori R. Lopez, Stuart Keene, Rie Sheridan Rose, William Cook and Mathias Jansson. Of course, no one can ignore the legendary William F. Nolan.

This anthology should appeal to most, if not all horror fans and/or train enthusiasts. Even better, you may just
Jeff
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
From the mind of A. Henry Keene The Terror Train is wonderfully twisted anthology of train inspired horror short stories and poems by various authors. From the departure call we are brought into a world where demonic steel dragons ride the rail carrying cursed souls to suffer through the fates in store for them. You will spends hours absorbed in each story and poem as they conger up vivid imagery of ghost doomed to relive a nightmare of their own creation, murderous creatures and demon-possessed ...more
Tony Bowman
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
A disclaimer before I begin: I have a story in Terror Train. However, narcissist that I am, not even I would have the audacity to award myself five stars. My review is for the other 95% of the book, which is a wonderful mix of excellent short stories and exceptional poetry, masterfully edited by Grabowski and Keene. Each piece is tied in beautifully to the Terror Train theme, and together they weave a tapestry of horrific beauty.

It's very hard to pick favorites, but the stories I connected with
Michael Benavidez
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indie-self-pub
One of the downfalls I was expecting from this anthology was the limitations of what could be done on the topic of trains. However, there is no repetitions between stories. Each is unique in plot, length, style, and (despite dealing with trains)the settings. There was futuristic, old style, subtle, absolute gore and terror.
Not only that, but the anthology even puts sets of poems (long-story types as well as short haikus) that creep eerily into the next story.
A definite must-read for lovers of
P.S. Winn
Jul 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked this book with its collection of artists. I did like some stories more than others, you will have to read this book yourself to see which ones are your favorites,I know you will find some. Although I must say that the poems were especially great for me. I like the various artists writing style and feel as a collection they fit well together.
Samie Sands
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow what an amazing collection of terrifying horror stories from a selection of very talented authors. They are all so great in their own way – I couldn’t possibly pick a favourite. From murder and revenge to mystery and monsters, this book really has it all. A must have for horror fans.
Tamara
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome Antho!

This is a huge collection of ironic, poetic, terror-ific darkness from some of today's coolest horror fiction story masters. They won't let you down!
Jason Brock
Zola
Jul 28, 2014
Aug 20, 2014
A. Henry
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
karen hilton
rated it it was ok
Jun 11, 2018
Anything Terror Train 22 22 Jun 27, 2014 07:28PM

Terror Train (2 books)
  • Terror Train Two
“As a kid, Sloane was fascinated by trains. He loved them, was absolutely entranced by them. He always envisioned them as gigantic steel dragons, albeit land ridden ones who were spellbound by the tracks they rode on, consigned to remain flightless and locked in thrall by the steel they slithered along. They transported people from place to place, but they weren’t allowed to freely roam, they were cursed to remain on the same route eternally, back and forth, their steel wings clipped.-Training the Unfortunate” 1 likes