Start by marking “Dark Soul (The Legends of Regia #4)” as Want to Read:
Dark Soul (The Legends of Regia #4)

Dark Soul

(The Legends of Regia #4)

Thief. Murderess. Sacrificial messenger. Netriet has faced death many times but she never consented to the transformation she endured the last time her life was pulled back from the edge of death. She’s compelled to live a solitary life for fear the shadow inside her will terrify others. Lonely, Netriet longs for acceptance and friendship. Joining up with the Fair, a haven ...more
Kindle Edition, first edition, 203 pages
Published April 13th 2015 by Cold Fire Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Dark Soul, please sign up.

Start your review of Dark Soul (The Legends of Regia #4)
Shurrn
Finding light in the darkness...
The shadow moved under her skin like oil and shoved her forward from within.
This series is a favorite of mine. Long before I became a professional reader, I picked up the Legends of Regia series and fell in love with this High Fantasy/Romance/Action/Adventure story-line.

I've been with it for a few years, anxiously awaiting each new installment. These books are so intricate and detailed, and the characters so complex, that I felt compelled to create a
Jamie (The Kansan Reader)
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars
Why would you end it like that?

We get two separate stories rolled into one. On one we have Netriet and Merick. On the other hand we have Forest and the insurgents.

I like the story surrounding Forest. It stays with the other books. I wanted to know more about the insurgents and their leader who happens to call Forest 'little sister'. I wonder what he is.

With Netriet and Merick they get a tricky story. Merick has feelings for Netriet but he can't seem to express them
Alicia Batista (Addicted Readers)
AHHHHH, OMG THERE'S GOING TO BE ANOTHER BOOK!!!!!

description

I NEED IT, I NEED IT, I NEED ITTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

description
Quinesia Johnson
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-read-again
I can't give away the story, but the completion of Netriet is truly great. I also enjoyed hearing more about Copernicus and the fair and Forest's new sword. It was a nice progression in the Regia series.
Caia
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Netriet is a great character and I love the focus on her and what happened to her. This book also makes clearer the experiments and knowledge of the Runadi, and how that will blow in their faces soon enough. Especially affecting the lives of Forest and Syrius. Very curious to see how that will come to be.
Laurie Hopkins
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Good

Netriatt is an interesting character, and the fact that Shi saved her, only for the heart to manifest as something evil makes for quite the story. Makes you wonder if it can ever be pure again. And that ending, leaves me with a bad bad feeling.
Jan Hoskins
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!!!

Never fails to keep me enthralled with what is happening in their world. I finish one book only to start the next and I'm loving it. Highly recommended!
Renee
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
great character and world building
Richard Fish
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good Read

This series has a well thought out tale spun into it I do enjoy the story and find myself looking forward to the next one.
Deborah Verma
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really like this author and I am caught up in the story ... I have the whole series now and plan to read straight through!!
Clara Harding
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
We haven't heard that much about Netriet since the night she ran from Forest when she believed that the shadow within her wanted to hurt her kind saviour. Rather than take the chance she would hurt her she ran, ran far and wide in order to avoid all contact with anyone because she is not only ashamed but scared of who she has become. Living with a slivered shadow of the darkened heart that was placed within her by Shi so that she would live instead of die changed her in ways no one expected and ...more
Tanela
Oct 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Dark Soul did go dark, but not where I thought it would. I was hoping for a more streamline interactions with Forest. I wanted to see Forrest struggle a little more with the moral components of her new job. With that said, the story that was crafted nicely. Especially the Bale/Netrit relationship. That was a surprising way to include Bale, who was horrible and I am glad he got his due in the end. I disliked that man very much, but strong feelings towards a character means a good story. The ...more
SB Morales
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love this series!! The world Jayne has created is so interesting and intriguing. I appreciate how Jayne doesn't just give me one story in her world. I get to go on adventures with so many characters. Netriet's story is so unique and I can't wait to see what happens to her next! I became obsessed with Forest from the first chapter in the the first book!! Now I'm not only obsessed with her, but the whole world. Forest is an amazing character that I just can't get enough of. I have no idea where ...more
Jess
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow what an exciting book! Tenaya really is a fantastic author; anybody who enjoys fantasy will enjoy her books!

This is the 4th book in the series, the story bases around Netriet and Merick (don’t worry Forest and Syrus are still heavily in the book) and how they need to overcome the shadow living inside of Netriet before it is to late…..can love save the day?! Or is the darkness to strong?!

Now the ending was a killer! I’m hot-footing for the next book; bring on autumn when it is released!
Debbie
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Never disappointed in Tenaya Jayne. I have been anxiously waiting for Dark Soul since finishing Forest Fire. Loved getting Netriet's story AND Merick's history. My only complaint would be that it was over too quickly...loved the way she left it with Netriet, and the cliff hanger took me well by surprise.
Ieshia
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW

This rating is greatly deserved. Loved how all characters are put together. There's the height, the downfall, and for some the redemption. Everyone deserves a second chance and I enjoy how these play out. So excited for book 5!!
Melissa Ward
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Captive

The story of Regia and its characters is intriguing as well as fast paced. Nefriet has a journey not unlike our own. She faces her inner demon and through gained confidence, with love of others, is set free. Lovely.
Country Goose
Jun 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Well.....

It was good... Merrik and Netriet were cute, in a goofy kind of way. The horrible attempt of the love triangle was hollow and not very satisfying. The first two were better.
L L Smith
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh my

When is the next book coming out? Oh my I am simple on pins and needles....oh Lord this was the best yet of Regia books...UGH I CANT WAIT!!! Write faster
Chriscilla Quintana
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
LOVE IT! Can't wait till this Fall for the next book. Enjoying this series immensely.
Lacey Acree-wilkins
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Great book wish it was longer can't wait to find out what happens next I'm a sucker for sappy endings
Lori
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Nicole
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love it but hate the massive cliff hanger
Arienne
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a good continuance. I wasn't really sure where the story would go after the last, and now there is a new villain. 3.5 :)
Kristy Hill
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is so dark, I had to put it down twice, but then I had to read more. Addicting and scary, the perfect mix. Add in an unlikely romance and I was beyond hooked.
Natalie
Nov 07, 2019
Brooke Laine
Jul 14, 2018
MEGA 200 Romance Novel Giveaway 1 2 Mar 15, 2015 03:10PM

• Mark of Truth (Wicked Kingdoms, #1)
  • Gravity (Mageri, #4; Mageriverse #4)
  • Twist (Mageri, #2; Mageriverse #2)
  • Vortex Visions (Air Awakens: Vortex Chronicles, #1)
  • First Moon (Lovin' the Coven #1)
  • Influential Magic (Crescent City Fae, #1)
  • Intoxicating Magic (Crescent City Fae, #3)
  • Irresistible Magic (Crescent City Fae, #2)
  • One Second (Seven, #7; Mageriverse #14)
  • Five Weeks (Seven, #3; Mageriverse #9)
  • One Savage Crown (Battle for The Dark King Book 3)
  • Three Deadly Trials: a King of the Fae Romance (Battle for The Dark King Book 1)
  • Two Vicious Kingdoms (Battle for The Dark King Book 2)
  • Chosen (Curse of the Draekon #1)
  • Stolen by Darkness
  • Possession (Curse of the Draekon #2)
  • Running from Darkness: The Dark Fae Trilogy Prequel
  • The Vampire Hunter's Daughter, Part VI (The Vampire Hunters Daughter, #6)
Reading my bio, huh?
Real life sucks. I bet you feel like that sometimes, maybe even right now. That’s why I write fantasy. I need to escape depression, bitterness, bills, illness…I could go on, but you get it. In the pages of fiction, I can slay the dragons, triumph over the bad guys, be immortal, and never struggle with love handles. For a short time, I can let it all go, and be everything I can

The Legends of Regia (7 books)
  • Forbidden Forest (The Legends of Regia, #1)
  • Forest Fire (The Legends of Regia, #2)
  • Verdant (The Legends Of Regia, #3
  • Burning Bridges (The Legends of Regia #5)
  • Blood Lock (The Legends of Regia, #6)
  • Lightning Flower (The Legends of Regia, #7
“It's beautiful," Netriet said. "It's scary," Merick added. "Damn straight," Forest agreed.” 0 likes