Start by marking “Robbed of Sleep: Stories to Stay Up For (#1)” as Want to Read:
Robbed of Sleep: Stories to Stay Up For (#1)

Robbed of Sleep: Stories to Stay Up For (#1)

3.48  ·  Rating details ·  52 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
If you're the type of person who takes the phone off the hook when sanity calls, then you simply can't do without these eighteen short stories from some of the strangest dark fiction authors out there. From the deepest jungle to an endless loop, from a cracked boss to a dying man, the places and people you will meet between these pages strain credulity, inflame the imagina ...more
Kindle Edition, 1st, 212 pages
Published June 10th 2014 by Troy Blackford Publications

To ask other readers questions about Robbed of Sleep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Robbed of Sleep

David Eccles
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
As I'm one of the authors, this is not really a book review; my rating is based on how much I enjoyed reading the stories penned by the book's co-authors.
Zakk Ex Libris
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"Where were you on the night you were at home, cutting that head out of your toilet with the shards of mirror?"

"Robbed of Sleep" is eighteen doses of caffeine and narcotics. A miscellany of kaleidoscope dreamscapes, vivid theta waves set to print leaving you, the reader, with an enjoyable collection of lingering nightmares, whimsical fancies, future premonitions, and mind!#@% acid trips (or at least it's how I would imagine acid trips playing out). Pound for pound, a fantastic anthology of "Stor
Matt
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: media-ebooks
Nine chefs* invite you to an 18-course meal of the special kind.

On the menu card are (among other things): rotted head of cabbage and addled meat of the heart, Birdshirt, Zonkey, Succubus and Dryad, lemon cake surprise and snake eyes as dessert.

A delicacy for gourmets and lovers of fine literary haute-fiction you don't want to miss. Those guys surely know how to carve and cook their pufferfish.

The party will be come as you are and bring an appetite for the strange and dark, twisted and stark.

Robert Bose
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, dark
Fun reading. I enjoyed some stories more than others but well worth the time. I loved M.C. O'Neill's inclusions especially 'One Evening with the Midnight Company' (great to find a new author that mirrors the sort of writing I prefer) and of course Troy's 'make you think' insanity.
Michelle
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Highly entertaining and disturbing collection of stories. highly recommend
Claudia
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed almost every story in this crazy anthology! Look forward to a Volume 2!
Kerry
Aug 10, 2016 added it
Impressive collection. Mercedes Yardley's story was my favorite.
Shadira
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First let me explain why it took me so long to finish read this book, I was busy multi-tasking .
just completed the book and let me tell you I loved it the combination of bad ass authors that collided together and the stories I loves , yes scary I was already planning the scenarios in my head .
I also learned a not new words.. like "the succubus is like some sort of sex demon"there as a bit humor and that is what I loved.

I can not really explain but all the stories collided with each other .. so i
Arturo De Tuoni
Nov 29, 2016 rated it liked it
This is the first time I've read a book because it started following me on Twitter (or rather the agents responsible for its existence started following me on Twitter).

It's a veritable mix in quality and in types of horror. It has a homespun feel which may or may not be off-putting for some.
Catherine Cole
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very imaginative horror anthology. Some stories were so intricate, I had a hard time following them, and some had very adult language where it was not really needed, but I guess that is a peculiar type of writing style.
Bill Herman
Jan 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Slept fine

Some interesting stories but nothing detrimental to sleep. Three stars is all I could do to assign a rating that will not hurt the book. It may be that I just wanted/expected more.
Roger Nicholls
Feb 08, 2017
Brian Mcclain
Mar 30, 2015
Goodreads Librari...: Incorrect author attribution 7 34 Jun 22, 2014 02:39PM
Troy Blackford lives in the Twin Cities. He has nineteen published short stories, and eight longer works available for Kindle and in paperback.

He's right behind you!
More about Troy Blackford
“Listen, we have a rule where I come from: always look forward. Never mind what happened. It’s in the past so let it stay there,” 0 likes