Start by marking “Look Behind You” as Want to Read:
Look Behind You

Look Behind You

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  11,430 Ratings  ·  722 Reviews
This is a new release of a previously published edition.

Look Behind You is a chilling, edge-of-your-seat psychological thriller.

Chloe Benson wakes up kidnapped and bound in an underground tomb with no memory of how she got there.
She escapes through deserted woods with her life, but no one believes her story.

And when she suspects her husband is lying to her, Chloe is force
Published June 10th 2014 (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Look Behind You, please sign up.
Juan You should look on Amazon.
I got my copy free with Amazon Prime. The aubible is only $1.99.
April
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

pdbkwm
May 16, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'll start by saying that Look Behind You does first person present tense in the right way. The writing was smooth and the story was fast paced, which is perfect for this particular style.

Look Behind You, other than that it never really comes together. The story could have been an interesting one, except the readers are hit over the head about what is happening right from the get go. Once Chloe, the main character, leaves her prison and talks to someone other than herself, you already know what
Sue
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free download of "Look Behind You" directly from the author, Sibel Hodge, in exchange for a honest review. All I can say is WOW! This is a stunning psychological thriller that keeps you turning the pages till the very end. There is a psycho on the loose!

Chloe Benson, the twenty seven year heroine, is a teacher who at the start of the novel is trapped, bound and gagged in a dark chamber. She wakes up and doesn't know where she is, pain surging through her body, restrained, and a lump
Ghazaleh
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
به عنوان یه رمان جنایی، کتاب خوبی نیست چون همه چیز از اول قابل پیش بینی هست. ولی به عنوان یک رمان که به مشکلات زنان میپردازه قابل توجهه و ارزش خوندن رو داره، حداقل یک مشکلی از مشکلات زنان رو بازگو میکنه که قابل تامله و این حقیقت بازگو شده به شکل یه رمان باعث میشه از حوصله خارج نباشد و در عین حال ذهن ادم رو درگیر موضوع کنه!
Jules
I absolutely LOVED this!

Look Behind You is great in audiobook format, as there are so few characters, making it really easy to follow the story. I started this yesterday and got through almost 70% but had to stop. I found it so hard to switch it off last night, and was dying to find out how it finished today.

I really enjoyed the mystery of what actually happened to Chloe, after she woke up kidnapped and tried to piece together what had happened to her over the last couple of months, while also s
Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
Chloe wakes up underground, bound in a room that she has no memory of being taken to. After she manages to escape, a stranger finds her on the side of the road and brings her to a nearby hospital. Chloe surmises that she was kidnapped, but has no memory of the last 6 weeks.

After her husband brings her home from the hospital, she is told that she's previously been institutionalized for mental illness when she had a negative reaction to antidepressants that she was on. Her husband tells her that s
Marie Rutland
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic book by Sibel Hodge. I have also read Duplicity which I equally enjoyed and which was also unputadownable so definitely check that one out too.

I literally read this book within a 24 hour period. I just could not put it down. I love the author's style of writing in that it is so easy to follow, flows well and you just get immersed into the story so much so I constantly had my Kindle in my hand reading it.

This is a mystery, suspense, thriller with a dash of romance.

It focuses on
Lisa
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Chloe Benson is 27 a teacher & wakes up in a chamber with her hands tied & feet bound she gets out & is in a psychiatric hospital but she cannot remember what happened to her Her Neurologist Dr Traynor told her she was hallucinating & was told she took sleeping tablets. She tells the doctor she was kidnapped But no body believes her.

DI Summers & DS Flynn help her discover what happened to her what they unravel is a chain of events that sends her mad especially as she last rem
Elahe
Dec 22, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
یک کتاب خوب درباره خشونت خانگی و یک کتاب جنایی بد.
پشت سرت را نگاه کن داستانی قابل پیش بینی دارد، بدون هیچ اتفاق غیر منتظره ای پیش می رود و به پایان میرسد. حتی به عنوان یک رمان روانشناسانه هم نقص هایی جدی دارد اما چیزی که در مورد این کتاب توجه ام را جلب کرد، تعریف دوباره خشونت خانگی بود.
«وقتی کلمات می تونن مثل چاقوی جراحی درون انسان رو بشکافن چه نیازی به مشت زدن هست؟»
نویسنده از زبان شخصیت کلو بنسون نوعی از خشونت خانگی را به تصویر می کشد که معمولا به آن توجه نمی شود یا به عنوان مشکلات معمولی زوج
Myrna
May 04, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-ebook
3.0 to 3.5 mysterious stars!

Great cover! Creeps me out a bit...the red hair, the red dress, and she's not looking at us. Maybe someone is behind her! Plus, it looks like someone I know!
screaming photo: screaming agh_zpse8e4cea8.gif
Ok, let's get to the plot...Chloe Benson wakes up in an underground tomb and escapes or did she?
girl running photo: Military Girl running Military_girl2.gif
No one believes her so she is forced to do a lot of her own dective work to find out what really happened.
detective photo: detective detective_searching_clues_lg_clr-1.gif
Ooops, forget to mention that she has amnesia so finding out what really happened is not an easy task.
dizzy photo: dizzy monkey20134.gif
The a
Liz Barnsley
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Publication Date: Available now.

Thank you to all concerned for the netgalley review copy.

And when she suspects her husband is lying to her, Chloe is forced to retrace her past, following in her own footsteps to find the truth and stay alive.
But who is following Chloe?

Gosh I rattled my way through this one, such a grea
Carol
May 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This psychological mystery-thriller has a super creepy and terrifying beginning that immediately grabs your attention and keeps it throughout. (It kind of reminded me of the movies Sleeping with the Enemy, Enough, and Kiss the Girls all rolled into one). Even with a couple of twists here and there, I still felt it was kind of obvious as to who was trying to drive Chloe off the deep end, BUT, still a worthwhile read at a great bargain price!
Arash
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
کتاب #پشت_سرت_را_نگاه_کن داستان زنی به نام کلو بنسون هست که از خواب بیدار میشه و متوجه میشه که توی دخمه ای زندانی شده و ربوده شده. کلو برای پیدا کردن حقیقت دست به کار میشه و به اطرافیانش از جمله شوهرش مشکوک میشه.
داستان تقریبا از همون اول قابل پیش بینی هست و در سیر داستان هم اتفاق غیر منتظره ای نمیفته و در پایان هم وقتی همه چیز مشخص میشه خیلی زود همه چیز جمع و جور میشه طوری که اصلا انگار اتفاقی نیفتاده و به قول خودمون فرمالیته میشه.
Joseph - Relax And Read Reviews
Someone wants Chloe Benson out of the picture, she's sure, but who? and why? Or is she being paranoid and just imagining everything? This is a psychological journey into her mind as she tries to put together all the pieces that will give her the answers she needs.

The story starts with some very claustrophobic scenes. Chloe wakes up and finds herself bound and in complete darkness. She has pains all over her body. She doesn't know where she is and doesn't remember how she finished there. After a
Evelyn
Glad I only paid 77c for it on Kindle - writing ok but story very predictable and repetitive. I'm reasonably intelligent and hate being told the same things over and over. It's an easy quick read though, might while away a plane journey. Didn't live up to the blurb and publisher hype - as per. I did say I was reasonably intelligent didn't I? H'mm might have to rethink that comment!
sue
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley, mystery
Just where do I start with this book.

I was granted this to read as an advanced copy from Sibel Hodge via Net Galley.

Just look at that cover, how could you not look at it and wonder what this story is about!

Read the blurb, don't you think it draws you right it?

Well, let me tell you this, once you open that first page you better have done everything you need to have done, because this book just keeps on giving out more and more as you turn the pages. Without realizing, the hours had gone by and I
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: four-star
This was an interesting take on the psychological thriller and mystery genre; when Chloe wakes up bound and gagged in an underground hideaway, she is determined to survive and begins plotting her escape. Miraculously she is able to escape, but then the real nightmare begins - no one, not even her husband or the police, believe she was kidnapped in the first place. Slowly, Chloe begins to question her sanity. So what did really happen?

I thought the writing was good, it kept me hooked without bein
November Is Nyarlathotep
REVIEW: LOOK BEHIND YOU by Sibel Hodge

Is it pharmaceutically-induced psychosis--
Or is it a gaslighting husband?

Chloe Benson is a happily-married Englishwoman, a university instructor, married to an older man who is manager of a pharmaceutical firm. Recently he has been irritable and difficult, and Chloe has been... well, what and where depends on who you believe.
Hubby Liam says: psychotic episodes, allergic reaction to medication, grief and depression.
Chloe thinks: kidnapping, underground impris
Nikki
Jun 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read most of Look Behind You very late at night in the darkness of my bedroom. Books rarely scare me so that didn’t seem like a mistake at the time. The hour or so I spent lying awake in bed panicking about every tiny creak of my house suggests I should probably have left this one for daylight.

The story begins as Chloe Benson wakes up in an underground bunker. She is tied up, confused and quickly realises she’s been kidnapped. Terrified and determined to find a way out before her abductor retu
Lisa
May 01, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
M.A. Comley
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read and enjoyed all of Sibel's books, they're all must reads. This one is totally different to the normal genre she likes to write in but that isn't matter a jot, Sibel's wonderful 'voice' is still there for all to see and enjoy.

Right from the outset the reader is gripped by the throat and rooting for Chloe when she escapes from an underground tomb. Nobody cares or believes her when she informs them that someone is trying to kill her.

Great read worthy of a place on anyone's virtual bookshe
Hollie
I am going through a bad book spell apparently. I was hoping this book would break the "bad streak" but no such luck. For a thriller this book was easily predictable from the very beginning. Very cliché and overly predictable. Not one I would recommend. The only thing I liked about it was the book cover :(
Elizabeth
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: stb
Wow! Just wow! I just finished reading this book and am still reeling from the ending. Even though, I thought I knew it and wasn't really surprised, it overtook me so quickly that I'm stunned. This book is amazing from start to finish! The action and character development is excellent and the storyline is fabulous! No missing threads (at least for me). Highly recommended!
Pat
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. That was really, really good. I've read a few of these 'young wife wakes up after some trauma with amnesia and ends up being suspicious of the version of reality she is told by her nearest and dearest' books and I think this is one of the better ones.

This happens to Chloe Benson. She escapes from being tied up in an underground bunker and, on finally reaching a road, she flags down a car and gets taken to hospital. The problem is she can't remember the last seven weeks. She suffered d
Tannaz
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
وقت خواندن، میخکوب می شوی!
Eva
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chloe wakes up bound in an underground tomb with no memory of how she got there. She manages to escape but nobody believes her story. She is forced to retrace her steps and to find out the truth of what happened to her. But who can she trust? And why does she feel like someone's following her?

Look Behind You has been on my to-be-read list for years and is the first book I'm reading for my Beat The Backlist Challenge. While the story is a fast-paced and suspenseful mystery, I think I expected a l
Beadyjan
May 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When we first meet Chloe she awakens in the pitch dark, her hands and feet bound, with no clue where she is or how she got there but she knows something is VERY wrong, her life is in grave danger and she must escape!

I don't think I'll be accused of spoilers when I tell you she does manage to get away from her prison - what follows is a nightmare of confusion and terror. She is hospitalised, reunited with her husband yet still her memory remains a blank with complete amnesia of the past few weeks
FoodxHugs
May 02, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was originally going to give this two stars because it was easy to read, but throughout the story, I was getting restless, so I thought why give it an extra star when I struggled to get through it? Anyway, a lot of information was repeated and the main character was irritating and lacked personality. You could say that that her husband Liam made her that way, into a trampled wife, but I was given no clue as to what she was like before meeting him. All in all, the characters lacked depth. Altho ...more
Janet
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not much to say really about this one. It is another twisty psychological thriller that I didn't really find that thrilling. The premise being Chloe Benson wakes up in the dark, realises after a while she's in some kind of bunker, escapes and spends the rest of the novel trying to piece together the whys and wherefores. That's pretty much it. It's a bit twisty in parts but the clues are definitely there and you'll realise them when you get to the end.

An enjoyable read for many I'm sure. For me
Sarah c
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was quite obvious who kidnapped her they just put a few more characters in near the end to think it was them.
Judy Collins
LOOK BEHIND YOU, a twisted, mysterious psychological suspense by talented Sibel Hodge — Chloe Benson wakes up in the dark; a journey-- as we explore how and why she has arrived in this dangerous chilling unknown place.

Chloe knows she is in danger, when awakening with her feet and hands bound. She is confused; however, afraid for her life and knows she must escape. Appears she is somewhere in an underground tomb, and no memory what so ever how she arrived in this dark place.

She finally escapes
  • Up Close
  • Can Anybody Help Me?
  • Cry Baby (Callum Doyle #4)
  • The Thornthwaite Inheritance (Thornthwaite, #1)
  • Stolen (Gardner and Freeman, #1)
  • X
  • Guantanamo Boy
  • Bird Brain
  • The Story of Us
  • Someone to Watch Over Me
  • Sleep Tight (DCI Tom Douglas, #3)
  • The Wronged Sons
  • Stalkers (DS Heckenburg, #1)
  • Love...Under Different Skies

Sibel Hodge is the author of the #1 Bestsellers Look Behind You, Untouchable, and Duplicity. Her books have sold over one million copies and are international bestsellers in the UK, USA, Australia, France, Canada and Germany. She writes in an eclectic mix of genres, and is a passionate human and animal rights advocate.

Her work has been nominated and shortlisted for numerous prizes, including the H
“Why does anyone stay in a relationship that deep down they know isn’t right? You don’t know why until it happens to you. It’s easy to fool yourself. To stuff things under the surface where they can’t hurt you. To persuade yourself it’s all just normal. Make excuses. There’s a fine line between craziness and love.” 4 likes
“Your confidence and self-esteem have withered away, but the very person you want to get away from is the one you rely on most. And you don’t know when it happened. Can’t pinpoint an exact day, week, or month, because it’s a gradual, subtle process. It creeps up on you slowly. So slowly that you don’t realize you’re bending, breaking, and becoming a different person. A woman who’s not happy, not living her own life, but the life her husband wants instead.” 3 likes