Start by marking “Tarot: The Magician” as Want to Read:
Tarot: The Magician

Tarot: The Magician

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  11 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
After discovering an ancient tarot deck, Kassandra Troy's life takes a thrilling and frightening turn. She triggers The Magician card and releases the mysterious and captivating Luke Rykell.
Luke has a dark secret. He wants the magical deck for himself. To save herself and her friends, Kassandra is forced to journey into the Tarot cards. But can she find a way out of the de
243 pages
Published May 26th 2014 by Midnight Frost Books

To ask other readers questions about Tarot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tarot

Tara
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I’ve always been a big fan of paranormal fiction, and this YA Paranormal Fantasy fits right in with the books I first discovered as a younger reader. I still enjoy revisiting the YA paranormal genre, and Tarot: The Magician is a great addition to my collection. If you’ve ever read any of Lois Duncan’s paranormal YA novels, this book has the same type of feel.

Kassandra has had a rough year; she’s starting a new school year in a new city with little more than the clothes on her back. Her mom isn’t
Sally Felt
Jun 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
As both a writer and a professional Tarot reader, I'm always eager to see more Tarot-positive fiction enter the market. Tim Kane's "Tarot: The Magician" rewarded my cautious optimism with a likable heroine and a wonderfully original take on the Tarot.

Through the first third of the book, I wasn't so sure. It seemed Kassandra let the story happen to her rather than actively participating. But once she grasps how powerful the cards were, the book really picks up.

By the 3/4 mark I even wished for mo
Jany
Jun 12, 2014 rated it liked it
My rating:3.5 out of 5 Stars

My Review:
This book has taken me through a journey with Kassandra... that I may or may not forget. Nonetheless, I was happy I got to go.

Starting with positive, the events in the book were very memorable. They are slightly creepy, although it might just be me. But if you are very easily scared (like thou) then you should take this into consideration. I haven't read a book dealing with a Tarot deck (that is, if The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones doesn't count). So f
Carra
Jul 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I found this story to be a unique tale, nothing like I've read before in the YA paranormal genre. It takes the idea of a tarot deck and basically brings it to life when a teenage girl (Kassandra) comes across it-though not necessarily in any kind of way you might expect.

The characters are interesting and quirky (I love Kassandra's Auntie Jo), but don't assume you have them figured out when you first meet them. My favorite was Gabriel, I found him to have the most depth and the most interesting
Letitia
Sep 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I'm not usually one for teen fiction, but a journey through the tarot cards, how could I resist!?

It took me a bit to get into this, but once the action picked up, it got me in.

There were quite a few grammatical errors, this book could have definitely used some editing, but the story made up for it, and overall, I enjoyed it.
SnoopyDoo's Book Reviews
Jun 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This was one of those “don’t judge a book by its cover” kind of book. Looking at the cover I didn't expect much but I was pleasantly surprised by the book.

You can find my full review here:
Mihaela
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. The review will be uploaded during the blog tour.
Leo Jr.
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
I fell in love with Kassandra's voice from the first chapter. Following her through her trials and self-journey was a pleasure. This is a YA book that adults can enjoy.
Tim Kane
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
C.E. Smith