Start by marking “Sierra” as Want to Read:
Sierra

Sierra

Alternate Cover Edition for ISBN: 978-1475187960

TOP FIVE FINALIST FOR THE KINDLE BOOK REVIEW'S 2013 BEST INDIE BOOK AWARD (In the Romance category)

Alyssa Fontaine’s life, loved ones—everything familiar and dear—are brutally taken from her.

Taken captive by two men, she endures a horrific nightmare. A new life is forced upon her and even a new name.

Just when it appears th
Published June 13th 2012 by Create Space

To ask other readers questions about Sierra, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sierra

Start your review of Sierra
Athena
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Sierra is a story of survival, loss, second chances, renewal and above all...LOVE!

Alyssa has a happy, good life. She has a husband that she loves and adores and a 2 year old son that is the apple of their eye. While on a road trip Alyssa is abducted by two men and her life as she knows it is ripped away from her.

Alyssa is taken to the Sierra Mountains and what these men have planned for her is something out of her worst nightmare. Days have past since she has been taken and she is in bad s
J
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars I'll round up to 5 stars. A wonderful read that starts out very dark. Alyssa is on a family vacation with her husband and young boy. The family is kidnapped from a rest stop by some really bad "Deliverance" types. Their purpose is to use Alyssa as the younger one's "Eve" to his "Adam" and start a new community in the desolate mountains. Alyssa is forced to watch them destroy her family and then is brutally taken hostage.

By chance she and her captors come upon a cabin in the middle of n
Sherry Fundin
As I open the book, I can hardly wait to see what taylor dean has in store for me today. A pretty cover and the book blurb make me eager to begin.

Riveting from beginning to end. Be prepared to read straight through.

Adam was born when his Pa told him they had found their Eve at a rest stop in the Sierra Nevada Mountains.

Alyssa's life was changed forever at the same rest stop.

The saying, your life passes before your eyes, ran through her mind, as she thought of all the wonderful memories she had,
Kathleen
Sep 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sierra is an unforgettable story of loss, hope, survival, love and second chances.

On the way home from a family outing, Alyssa Fontaine's world is turned upside down when her husband and son are brutally taken from her and she is abducted by two mountain men, who take her forcefully into the Sierra Nevada Mountains to start a new life with a new name, Eve.

Alex Kendrick has had a lot of tragedy in his life, and in order to get rid of the ghosts from his past, for the past three years he has calle
Ruth Hill
Oct 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Let me begin by saying that any review I leave here will never do this book justice. Not since "Hunger Games" has a book so captivated me and taken me on such an emotional roller coaster! I thought I had read romances before, and books like "Jane Eyre" and "A Tale of Two Cities," I had always considered the peaks of romantic literature. Let me say this. This is the most romantic book I have ever read in my 38 years on this planet! In case you have not guessed by now, I loved this book!

When I beg
Laura Thomas
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Taylor classifies her books as love stories.

There is romance in all of her books, but I classified some of them as horror and thrillers.

Sierra starts out with your typical happy family on vacation.

Then it turns dark in a hurry.

Two maniacs abduct Alyssa and Sam and their son Clay, forcing her to drive them deep into the woods.

Pa and Adam had found their Eve. They had no use for the man and the boy.

Sam and Clay are gunned down right before her eyes and Alyssa succumbs to the shock.

When she
Laurie
First off, I really liked the cover of this book – the snowy tranquility gave me a warm, cozy feeling. Then, after reading the blurb, I knew this would be an enjoyable read for me. One thing, the cover beguiles you into thinking this is a light romantic suspense story. That really is not the case. Even though there are a few scenes that capitalize on that homey feeling, many more are positively gut-wrenching. After the first few pages my attention never wandered; eager to find out what would hap ...more
Andrea Guy
If you look at the cover of this book, you may think you are getting a light hearted winter tale. That's definitely not the case here.

This is the kind of story that grabs you from the first page and makes you hold on until the last page is turned.

I always find books like this hard to review because of that whole spoiler thing.

So rather than try to sum the book up, I'll tell you this. When I first saw the cover and saw the genre as romantic suspense, I almost dismissed it. The cover gave it a kin
Amy
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful story about finding love again after a tragedy. The story of Alex saving Alyssa and them falling in love touched my heart. The author wrote a beautiful love story that was intelligent (so many romance novels are too graphic and not true love).

I have to be honest that I didn't like the story at first. The beginning was dark, but that didn't bother me. I thought the author was too choppy in telling the story at the beginning. Once they arrived at Alex's cabin, the story comple
Lauren
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Alyssa is returning from a family vacation when the unthinkable happens. She's kidnapped by a couple of men, who do what they have to do to get here away from her husband and son. They driver her around until she has not a clue where they are. For days she is drug through the woods, tortured a bit, and on the verge of giving up. Then she sees something that just may be what she needs to escape.
I was hesitant to start this book- it's not i never read dark reads, i just try to time them to at lea
Helga Rambler
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing!! I love Taylor Dean and this was my favorite of hers so far!
Krista Fee
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Seriously one of the best books I have read in awhile.
ysar
Nov 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I noticed this book the week it came out, but after reading the summary, I wasn’t sure I could stomach it. Taken captive by two men, she endures a horrific nightmare… I’m sure I don’t have to tell you what I assumed. However, over the past couple of months of watching reviews pop up, I noticed that not a single one of them mentioned the subject matter I was trying to avoid. Surely someone would have brought it up, right? So I took a chance, and it was worth it.

Alyssa is on vacation with her fami
Christy
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sierra is the 4th book I've read by Taylor Dean, and I love it just as much as I've loved her other books. She draws you right in and keeps you entertained throughout the whole book. Her books are always so well thought out and don't contain any unnecessary characters or scenes. I love that! It always makes me feel like I'm wasting my time when authors throw in extra stuff just to make their books longer. I, as a reader, do not appreciate it when authors waste my time! Taylor's books are concise ...more
Charissa
Alyssa seems to have a perfect life--married to an amazing man who adores her and her 2-year-old son, Clay. They are her world. At a rest stop in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, her life changes forever when Pa and Adam (despicable nasty evil villains) abduct her small family. Forced to endure horrific abuse and tragedy, Alyssa finds herself alone in the wilderness with her 2 evil captors as they make their way towards their community where she will become Adam's "Eve."

Born a fighter, Alyssa escape
Kat (Why Read)
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: epic
This is quiet frankly the best clean romance novel I've ever read in my whole entire life. Finally a “love story” I can recommend to my mom without blushing or her thinking I'm some kind of freak. This was such an emotional read. Sierra tells the story of a woman targeted by madmen on a mission. Her family is brutally taken away and she is held captive in the wilderness. In the mist of her suffering she finds a hero. I was outraged. I was hopeless. I cried along with the main character, Alyssa. ...more
Englishrose
This was not what I expected with this read. With a rather light touch of the dramatic, most of the story covered a slow and meticulous story that I found less than believable. I actually grew to dislike Alyssa. I found the romance, though sweet, to be unrealistic due to the timing. Alex is a good character, both strong and sweet. Their story is heart-wrenching and sweet and sad all at the same time. Though fairly well written, I couldn't get past the disregard for the recent tragedy that Alyssa ...more
Rachel
Nov 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Sierra" is the first novel I've read by Taylor Dean, after having received so many recommendations from a dear friend of mine to try a novel of hers.

With a riveting opening and enough suspense to keep the pages turning, "Sierra" is sure to be a favorite for folks who enjoy a suspense/thriller/romance. I love how God is brought into the book in a real way, with people who are genuine and struggle in their spiritual lives! I also appreciate the romance - steamy but still within appropriate bound
Megan Tiscareno
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
When I scrolled through the list on Amazon and picked Sierra, I did so without reading an synopsis or a blurb... so I had absolutely NO idea what to expect when I delved in deep. Last night, as my house work was neglected and my children climbed on the reading tower of mom, I couldn't put Sierra down. I was utterly enthralled by the story telling.
When a small family is headed on vacation, Sam, Clay, and Alyssa's life as they know it suddenly changes. Tragedy strikes and Alyssa learns to be a su
Barbara
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Get the tissues ready. This is a story of love and loss. I only give 5 stars to books I can't put down. Fell asleep reading it. Thank goodness for ereaders. You don't lose your place. Continued reading this morning and just finished. Ms Dean provides a clean read that doesn't bury you under Christian morality. Alyssa and her family are kidnapped on the way to a conference for Sam. They are forced to drive into the mountains, where the older man shoots her family. Alyssa is now forced to hike fu ...more
Nancy
This had all the elements I love to read: suspense/thriller, love, and a little romance. Don't let the horrific event that opens the book deter you, it is shocking yet it shapes the story and characters in such a way that you can't help but root for them. You soon forget what horrible thing brought Alyssa and Alex together and get totally swept into their love story. There were a few areas where believability got very thin, but overall this was a sweet love story.
Melanie
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, romance
Wow...this book was amazing. It was recommended to me and I highly recommend it to others. Such a wonderful story that I could totally see happening in real life. I can also see this as a great movie. I was hooked in just the first chapter, which makes you feel love and despair in such a short time. The rest of the book is so well written that you will find you can't put it down. A definite must read!
Deborah Blanchard
I absolutely loved this book! It is a story of loss, of horror and of hope and of love. You will laugh and you will cry. This is a story with many facets to it. Some characters you will hate, some you will love. This is an amazing story written by a wonderful storyteller. I am so happy my friend recommended Taylor Dean. This is the first book I have read by this author, but I guarantee it will not be the last. Highly recommended read!
Martha
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I've read by this author and won't be my last. I'm so glad that a friend recommended this book to me.
The story pulled me in from the start. I don't want to give anything away, but there is a kidnapping, murder, creepy bad guys, healing, friendship, romance, love, hurt, sadness, depression, surprise and coming to terms all included in this story. I highly recommend this book filled with lots of emotions and a great storyline. Thanks Taylor Dean for a wonderful read!
Paul Triegaardt
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Talk about a traumatic read! This book reads like the worst nightmare imaginable.
Until prayers are answered in the form of a reclusive mountain man.
This book while traumatic, was hard to put to put down. Did I put it down? No, I read until 3am.
Loved that the proper epilogue was included, I don't think I would have awarded 5 stars if it hadn't been.
Well done Dean, I recommend this book it's well written and reminded me that we always have to be on the look out and guarded.
Christine
Jun 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a GOODREADS win, and I loved it, I just recieved the book and starting reading before I went to sleep. I didn't want to stop. Their was fear, sadness, my heart broke for Alyssa, it was horrible what happen to her, I loved Alex, doing whatever he could do to avoid the pain in his life. Great love story...Thank you Goodreads and thanks to the author...great story :)
Tina
Oct 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourite-books
This was a beautiful book to read.

I felt every emotion.

What Alex and Alyssa through was horrifc. But I think the outcome was beyond amazing. It brought us hope. The love and care that they had was overwhelming.

I loved this book. It was a great journey to go through.

Brilliant work Taylor Dean.
Theresa Duignan
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This had me grabbed from the first page! Not your typical boy meets girl story.....Alyssa witnesses horrific scenes and is taken against her will! This story made me gasp....cry ......laugh , so many emotions. Oh and thank you for the epilogue......it was needed ! This is a first for me from this author and will not be the last!!
Roseana
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have to say this book had me going through so many emotions; it was sad, terrifying, suspenseful,heartwarming, happy and romantic all in one book! I have to say this book was a remarkable read and highly recommend it... Oh and I have to say the version with the added epilogue was genius because it made a great ending to a fantastic story.
Michael
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense-mystery
This book surprised me. I thought I was reading a cheesy romance novel but instead was met with a nightmare.

I feel that and description I give will be a spoiler. The shortest review? I really enjoyed this book. Suspense, love, honor, trust, fear... It's all there and I feel it was well written at that.
« previous 1 3 next »
Free Books, .99, ...: Ebook, Sierra by Taylor Dean 2 14 Oct 02, 2012 12:21PM

• Room-maid
  • You Deserve Each Other
  • Playing the Enemy (The Trouble with Tomboys, #1)
  • Facial Recognition (Serenity Spa, #1)
  • Girl at Heart
  • Where the Lost Wander
  • Would Like to Meet
  • Rules are made to be Broken (The Rules Series #1)
  • The Kissing Tutor: A Standalone Sweet Romance (Sweet Water High, #11)
  • Return to Sender (Pine Falls, #1)
  • Kissing the Boy Next Door (Sweet Water High, #3)
  • If the Summer Lasted Forever
  • Doctor Dearest
  • Spare Room
  • Baiting Him (How to Catch an Alpha #2)
  • A Man Worth Shaving For (Shaped By Love #1)
  • Stay with Me (A Misty River Romance, #1)

Taylor Dean lives in Texas and is the mother of four grown children. Upon finding herself with an empty nest, she began to write the stories that were always wandering around in her head, quickly finding she had a passion for writing, specifically romance. Whether it's paranormal, contemporary, or suspense-you'll find all sub-genres of CLEAN Romance in her line-up.