Start by marking “Renegade (Silver Blackthorn, #2)” as Want to Read:
Renegade (Silver Blackthorn, #2)

Renegade (Silver Blackthorn #2)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  325 Ratings  ·  64 Reviews
Silver Blackthorn is a fugitive from the law.
Silver Blackthorn has committed treason.
She is dangerous. Do NOT approach her.
A large reward is on offer. Report any sightings to your nearest Kingsman.
Long live the King.

Silver Blackthorn is on the run. She fled Windsor Castle with eleven other teenagers, taking with her something far more valuable than even she realises: knowl
Published July 5th 2015 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published May 7th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Renegade, please sign up.
Kerry Wilkinson Hello. It'll be out in May 2016 (UK, Australia) and July 2016 (USA). Thank you for reading.
Kerry Wilkinson Hi, Abby. Sorry - I didn't see this question. No, Resurgence will be the third and final book. Renegade is part two. Thanks for reading and asking!

…more

Kerry(less)

Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
You know I was thinking to give this either a 4 or 5 star rating. The more I thought about the book the more I found that I really liked this sequel. Even when I was near the end, I didn't want it to end just yet. You know you found a good book if you want the story to keep going. Haven't said that about a book in a while.

Anyway, this one I saw the cover at the library and found it was book two and well, looked for book 1. The cover is what drew me in and the summary as well.

Story takes place r
Liz Barnsley
I was a HUGE fan of the first novel in this series, so to say I was happy to get to read the next one a little early is putting it mildly. And for me it was worth every second of the wait.

Silver and friends have escaped the immediate clutches of the King and are on the run. Decisions have to be made and everyone is looking to Silver to make them, she however is not sure she is the right person for the job.

Renegade is very addictive – whilst Kerry Wilkinson expands and deepens the mythology he ha
Shelley
**I received this book for free from St. Martin's Griffin in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.**

*Genre* Young Adult, Dystopian
*Rating* 3.5-4

*My Thoughts*

Renegade is the second installment in the Silver Blackthorn series picking up right where Reckoning left off. Silver Blackthorn and her friends, Imrin, Jela, Hart, Faith, and Pietra are fugitives from the law after escaping Windsor Castle. At said castle, they were considered
Michelle (Much Loved Books)
I have loved this series from the moment I first read Reckoning. When I listened to the audiobook for Reckoning I loved it, and went onto Renegade with Kat's voice in my head as Silver. When I got the chance to review an audiobook of Renegade I could not download it fast enough.

I really don't want to repeat myself too much with this review for Renegade, you can see my full review of the book in the link above. Going into Renegade I already knew what was going to happen in the end, but hearing th
Michelle (Much Loved Books)
Renegade has been on my to-read list since I finished Reckoning, and when the day finally came for it's arrival to my house I could not have been more excited. I could not wait to jump back into this world and see what Silver and the rest of the Offerings are up to, are they safe? Have they found their families yet?

Renegade picks up with Silver and the Offerings as they have escaped the castle, but their escape wasn't so easy, and the Kingsmen are out searching the woods to find them all and tak
Stacy
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
RENEGADE kicks off at the same point book one, RECKONING, ended. Silver and her friends fled Windsor Castle and are now searching for the rebels. Little does she know, they know who she is and they want her to spearhead their campaign.

Everyone now knows who Silver is and they all have their expectations of what she should do, but she just wants to keep her friends and family safe which is a difficult job all in its own. There is a lot of character development on Silver's part in RECKONING. I enj
Bobbie
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dystopia, ukya
It's not always easy to immerse yourself in a dystopian novel, simply because the landscapes and communities can be so different to what we're used to, but Wilkinson does a bang-up job of creating a world that is utterly believable and imaginable. He includes exactly the right level of description and feeling to take you right into Silver's world, and you'll be right there with her, trekking around the country, hiding from Kingsmen and camping out with the group of escapees. The only thing that ...more
Christina
Extremely enjoyable and fast-paced. It is unfortunate that it is quite derivative of other books in this genre, and that a big twist at the end is written in a way that feels like a huge easy way out. I'm still really excited to read the third book!
Tiffany
I took the reckoning test at the end and I got Elite. Yay!

Honestly, since I read the Reckoning last year, I kind of forgot everything that happened. It took a few chapters to fill in the blanks of what happened in the last book but I eventually remembered.

Silver Blackthorn seems to be a good leader but she kind of seems obsessed with how Imrin and Opie would feel and how they react to situations because of her and each other. So all in all, she's a little self-absorbed sometimes.
When it counts
Carol Peace
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I don't give five stars often but this book was really worth it.
We once again meet Silver Blackthorn but this time after her escape from Windsor Castle and her and her friends are not sure what to do next. They know that they have put thier families at risk and also realise that there will be a reward for them. Silver along with Faith Jeta Imrin and Hart and the others try and see if their families are ok, not everything goes as planned but I won't spoil it for you.I loved that I could picture t
Cocktails and Books
Silver is one badass 16 year old. There are so many competing "evils" in this story, I'm not sure which one is more dangerous to Silver and her friends. I was happy to see her reunited with Opie, but I have to wonder what the dynamics are going to be with Imrin, Silver and Opie, especially given how the book ends. I look forward to seeing what happens in RESURGENGE and if Silver manages to come out the victor
Mirlou
May 07, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kerry Wilkinson thank you for the ability to preview Renegade.
I liked the first book some more Renegade

The book has taken some surprising turns and explores a plot line involving futuristic technology. It is sure that I will read the next book.
Carolynn
I absolutely loved the first installment, but this one fell a little flat. It took so many predictable turns! (view spoiler) ...more
*Thea 'WookieMama' Wilson*
My Thoughts On The Book:

'Outlaw. Rebel. Hero'

The Plot Of The Story:
Renegade continues straight after Silver's escape from Windsor Castle with the other escapees, they are alone and hunted but they are free, for now. Her plan to expose the truth about the King has failed to do what she had hoped and it's been turned back on her and the other Offerings meaning that now she is the ultimate enemy to the crown and is being hounded as an outlaw, hunted like a common criminal. Everyone, the offerings
VK4Life
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
TraMychael
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank for making me feel every emotion that these characters felt. Thank you for crafting such a wonderful story of loss, tragedy, hope, forgiveness and courage. I definitely recommend this series to anyone!
Shar
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-books
Continuing the story of Silver Blackthorn this is fast paced and keeps you hooked from page one.

Highly recommended.

Now where is my copy of Resurgence :o)
Sonja
Aug 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
While this book was still good, I didn't find it as engaging as the first one. A lot does happen, but so much of it seemed to be Silver traveling with others on her way to one destination or another. Through this book, she suffers losses, deals with much more than any 16 year old girl should, and struggles with just wanting flee and hide. But she also finds out how much her village supports her and that others see her as a hero.

Silver finds so many things being heaped upon her shoulders now that
Jessica
Renegade- "2: an individual who rejects lawful or convention behavior"
~ Miriam-Webster

Silver Blackthorn is a definite renegade in RENEGADE. She and other kids are rebels, and are done following the tyranical rule of King Victor. I liked this book, and I like following Silver's adventures. The setting of being in England (St George in these books,) is unique and new. I liked it a lot, and the take that Kerry Wilkinson put on it with the 4 Realms.

So, the characters in this book became even more f
Stephanie
For original review: https://holedupinabook.blogspot.com/2...

Was curious about this one especially since I had received the final book a while back; however, I think it fell a bit flat for me. It was overall pretty good but I was getting a lot of Hunger Games vibe which isn’t a good thing. I don’t mind when books follow a general theme that is similar to other books but for this trilogy, it was as if it was a poor man’s version of Hunger Games. For example, there was the yearly “Reckoning” that
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted @ https://thelast2know.wordpress.com

I was so psyched to get approved on NetGalley for this. I LOVED the first book (you can see my thoughts on it here) and imagine my surprise to find me in the ‘praise for’ section for book two! For me, as a book blogger, there’s no better feeling than seeing that. Look out for me in your copy ;)

So, let’s talk about Renegade.

What worked for me?

Silver – She goes from strength to strength. I really appreciate how she takes the lead, even when the
J.C. McKenzie
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Goodreads win. Will read and review once received.

I finished this book fairly quickly and found it enjoyable. I'm not normally a reader of YA, but I do like dystopians and am glad to have received this for a review. My biggest problem with this book, and what prevented me from really getting into the story and completely caring for the characters, was the writing style.

I fully acknowledge the writing style is not my personal preference, and that other readers might really enjoy it. It's just no
Ally
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
YABC.

The stakes are even higher now. With more than ten lives relying on Silver Blackthorne, Silver knows that she has to be good. No, she has to be better, sly as a fox. She has to avoid the Kingsmen, and she has to make sure no one sees her. Or else, she is dead. Plus, she is becoming quite a face for a rebellion.

With rising tensions, Silver is increasingly desperate. She heads towards a known location of several anti-King's-government rebels in hopes of surviving. But that is only the beginn
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
(I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review).

(This review may contain spoilers).

It was good to see this book picked up where the previous one left off. I liked seeing the effects that Silver's actions had on the outside world, but also more of the characters with her. Faith, in particular, came across as really strong... though I felt she had a lot of human qualities to her. I actually liked her a lot more than Silver and the others... although the rest of the group were intrig
Keeley
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vickie
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been very grateful and fortunate to receive an advance copy of the book.

Renegade is Kerry Wilkinson's eagerly anticipated second instalment in the Silver Blackthorn series. It picks up right after the Reckoning, with the 12 offerings trying to evade capture after escaping imminent death and torture at the hands of the king in Windsor castle.

Silver's televised portrayal of the king's true behaviour has badly backfired resulting in her becoming the most wanted person in England. Fleeing for
Vickie
Apr 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I've been very grateful and fortunate to receive an advance copy of the book.

Xepherus3
Renegade is the second book in the Silver Blackthorn Series by Kerry Wilkinson. I received this book as an advanced reader copy in June by St. Martin’s Press. It tells the story of a king’s rise to power and the sixteen year old girl who defies his cruel and unjust rule. Taking place minutes after the original book, The Reckoning, Renegade takes us on a first-person journey of survival with Silver Blackthorn as our guide.

Having survived atrocities at Windsor Castle in a futuristic, dystopian E
Stephanie
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hardcopy, 2017
This book was awesome!!! I have to say that is was not as good as book one but my reason for that is the love triangle, it's not as bad as other books have made a love triangle but since it is one of my pet peeves in books it bothered me a bit but it is the only complaint I have about this book because otherwise I have nothing bad to say.
I love Silver she is everything I am looking for in a strong female protagonist. The bonds she has created with her fellow offerings is a great part of the sto
Mariana  Nguyen
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015

If you haven’t read my review on Reckoning, Renegade’s first book, then let me repeat this: if Divergent and The Hunger Game have a kid, that would be this trilogy. However, Renegade got an extra point compare to Reckoning, because the writing was improved a lot!

I’m so glad I got my hand on Renegade. The book continued where it’s left us in Reckoning, when Silver and other Offerings escaped from the castle. After their plan to show the people the King’s true nature failed, the group of
  • Guardians (Wasteland, #3)
  • Rebellion (Extraction, #2)
  • Strange Skies (Burn Out, #2)
  • Monster
  • Where the Rock Splits the Sky
  • Boundary (Books of Eva, #2)
  • The Clearing (Outside, #2)
  • The Dark Zone (Galahad, #4)
  • The Memory Hit
  • INFECtIOUS (INFECtIOUS, #1)
  • The Girl's Guide to the Apocalypse
  • Gabriel (The Styclar Saga, #2)
  • Paper Butterflies
  • The Snake Charm
  • Beyond Happily Ever After: Closed Doors (Beyond #6.5)
  • Creators (The Lost Souls, #3)
  • Into Darkness

USA extras:
- Nothing But Trouble (Jessica Daniel 11): 9 August 2018
- Eye For An Eye (Jessica Daniel
More about Kerry Wilkinson

Silver Blackthorn (3 books)
  • Reckoning (Silver Blackthorn, #1)
  • Resurgence (Silver Blackthorn, #3)