Start by marking “Under Construction” as Want to Read:
Under Construction

Read Excerpt

Under Construction

When Lessi Decker finds her marriage crumbling as much as her house that's under construction, there is nothing to do but ask Carlos Oller, the Puerto Rican contractor, to step in. Carlos shaves his head, sports tattoos and makes her melt with his signature dimple and full lips. He is everything her husband is not.

Carlos agrees to take on Lessi's home renovation to keep h
Published June 3rd 2014 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about Under Construction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under Construction

Start your review of Under Construction
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
"Under Construction" by author Mila Rossi.
My Rating: 4 Stars

This was my first novel be Mila Rossi and I would definitely like to read more from her in the future.

Ok...truth...
I was a bit apprehensive about reading this novel after reading the synopsis. Let me explain. I am not a fan of cheating. That said let me put your mind at ease that there is no cheating among the H/h. However...the heroine Lessi was married and while she was faithful, her husband was cheating on her for a while. Lessi's ma
Coco.V
Oct 21, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on iBooks today (10/21/18)!💝
Christina
Jul 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2014
Complimentary copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Lessi is married, though not happily. Her husband Robert works long hours, and the two haven’t been intimate in months. When she begins to pressure him about their relationship, he decides that in order to make it up to her, she should pursue the home remodel that she has been dreaming about since they bought the home years ago, when they were first married.

Carlos is a contractor, taking over the family business once his
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Jul 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
**Copy from the author for an honest review**

This was a novella size book that is quick and easy to read.

Lessi is in an unhappy marriage and when remodelling of their home is taking place her husband walks out.

Her sexy contractor Carlos picks up quickly that things are not right and the sexual tension is strong. However it is only when he sees the husband kissing another woman that he starts to make his move.

I liked the fact that Lessi stayed strong to her marriage vows until she knew things we
Natalija
Apr 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Under Construction is the author's first foray into the contemporary romance genre. I picked it up on a lark and had no expectations whatsoever. I was sucked in after only a few pages into the story and each time I had to put it down I couldn't wait to return to the book. I will definitely be reading more of Mila Rossi.

P.S. There were some typos throughout the book.
Carol Clarke
Jul 31, 2014 rated it liked it
*I was sent a copy of this book for an honest review*

This novella shows a woman how she can and should be treated when a man truly likes you just for being you. I thought the flirting was cheeky and sweet and for the length of the story the tension between them worked to ensure the story stayed in the right direction. I think this is a lovely beach/garden read perfect for a sunny afternoon.

Sue
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book...the characters are funny and energetic...it is such a fun read and easy to follow..once I started reading this, I could not put it down...you will really love reading this...happy reading...
Penny Watson
Wife is still married when she gets involved with the "hero"...that's cheating. Didn't like that.
Becky
Alia Garcia
rated it it was ok
Jul 30, 2017
Mila Rossi
Jun 17, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
C. E.
Nancy
Hot Reading Mom
Lady~Lola

• Trust (Wrong, #3)
  • The Vampire's Masquerade (Creatures of Darkness #5)
  • One Little Kiss (Smart Cupid, #3)
  • Tattered Loyalties (Talon Pack, #1)
  • Right (Wrong, #2)
  • Wrong (Wrong, #1)
  • Fling (Wrong, #2.5)
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
  • The Loner's Lady
  • A Torn Paige (Hidden Kingdom Trilogy #1)
  • Love Handles (Boot Camp, #1)
  • Theo (Obsessed Alpha #4)
  • Hot Doctor
  • The Mobster's Masseuse
  • Wearing Him Down
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • Win Big (Wynn Hockey, #3)
  • The Princess Problem
Mila Rossi creates heroines who don't back down, stand up for themselves, and insist on freedom and independence until the right man comes along, then all rules are thrown out the window. The heroes must be clever, generous, and able to throw a girl over their shoulder.

If she's feeling nostalgic, she writes historical romance under the name Alice Lake.

When not typing away furiously, she goofs arou

Related Articles

“Carlos began writing in his folder. “I have eight guys working with me and a project this size would take about eight weeks.”
“Eight weeks?” she shot back. “That seems an awfully long time.”
He raised his eyebrows and actually smiled. “Yes, but I guess a rookie like you wouldn’t know that.”
This time it was she who frowned back. “Smart-ass,” she mumbled and decided to ignore the dimple in his right cheek. She shouldn’t have encouraged smiling. It was definitely not working in her favor. He didn’t look at all like the nice, safe fellow she had wished for.”
2 likes
“She opened the door in her pajamas and judging by her hair, she’d just woken up, but hell, even in the morning the little pop-tart looked good. Her cheeks were rosy and her lips were plump and ready.” 1 likes