Start by marking “Point Blank (Alex Rider, #2)” as Want to Read:
Point Blank (Alex Rider, #2)

Point Blank

(Alex Rider #2)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  46,849 ratings  ·  2,058 reviews
MI6 assigns Alex Rider, 14, undercover at an elite prep school for teen rebels after two fathers are assassinated. Principal Dr Grief and vicious cigar-smoking Mrs Stellenbosch are the only teachers. All the students act studious, perfect - and identical. When Alex finds the plot, the villains find him, and the mountain peak has only a black ski run escape.
Published 2001 by Penguin Puffin

To ask other readers questions about Point Blank, please sign up.
Beatrice Chapter 9 is one of the best chapters in this novel. Good luck with reading !
Stormbreaker by Anthony HorowitzI'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterFledgling by Mark A. CooperPoint Blank by Anthony HorowitzScorpia by Anthony Horowitz
Spy Kids
274 books — 608 voters
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterHeist Society by Ally CarterCross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally CarterOnly the Good Spy Young by Ally CarterDon't Judge a Girl by Her Cover by Ally Carter
Best YA Spy/Mystery Novels
526 books — 1,513 voters

More lists with this book...

·  46,849 ratings  ·  2,058 reviews

Lola
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: espionage

Seriously loved the turn of events at the end. And the suspense!

However, this reminded me a lot of an episode from Totally Spies called ''Dolphin Drama'' in which Alex is enrolled by her parents in a fancy boarding school where scientists extract people's wits... although in this case it's more about the body than what is inside of it.
Ahmad Sharabiani
Point Blanc = Point Blank (Alex Rider, #2), Anthony Horowitz
Point Blanc is the second book in the Alex Rider series, written by British author Anthony Horowitz. The book was released in the United Kingdom on September 3, 2001 and in North America on April 15, 2002, under the alternate title: Point Blank.
تاریخ نخستین خوانش: روز دوم ماه مارس سال 2010 میلادی
عنوان: نقطه سیاه، در آلپ مرگ منتظر الکس رایدر است؛ نویسنده: آنتونی هوروویتس؛ مترجم: تینا فلاحتی نوین؛ مشخصات نشر: تهران، ایرانبان، 1389، در 250
Lola
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
In this new mission, Alex Rider has to infiltrate a secretive boarding school for spoiled teenage kids of rich parents who need a little bit of etiquette.

So Alex Rider takes on a new identity… and personality! Indeed, he is required to blend in – act spoiled, wear dirty clothes, be unpolite, etc. I must say, if spying as a career does not work out in the end for this young man, he could surely become an actor.

I mean, he is really, really good at making people see what they want to see and not wh
Ryan Buckby
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
The worst time to feel alone is when you're in a crowd.

I really enjoyed the second book in this series much more than i did the first one, it just stepped itself up from the first one. I now have more of an understanding of this world and the main character Alex Rider.

Plot: this book picks up a couple of months after the first book ended and Alex is trying to live a normal life and attend school, however this doesn't last long when MI6 needs his help and he is soon going undercover in a priva
Skip
Feb 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, thriller
Liked this better than Stormbreaker, because the involvement of a 14-year old spy seemed more credible, but perhaps it just took a second book? Alex Rider is coerced to masquerade as a hell child of a magnate to enter a prestigious school, where miscreants are re-educated. When two parents die under unusual circumstances, MI6 decides something is wrong there. Alex is sent to a mountaintop in Switzerland, where he is basically on his own to discover what is rotten there and uncovers a devious plo ...more
Jerry
Apr 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Synopsis: After completing his first mission with MI6, teenage spy Alex Rider is sent on another quest: to discover the truth about Point Blank, a school for troubled youth. Posing as the son of a wealthy businessman, Alex goes to the school, only to be weirded out by what he sees. What secret could the director of Point Blank be hiding?

The Good: Anthony Horowitz's writing is great, as usual, and there was a real sense of menace and suspense throughout the novel.

The Bad: It could have used a lit
সালমান হক
টিনেজ উইজারড, ডেমিগড, ভযামপায়ার এসব এর কাহিনী পড়তে পড়তে আসলেও একটু বোরিং বোরিং লাগছিল। একটু রিয়েলিসটিক কিছু পড়তে ইচছে করছিল। তখন ই মনে হল পয়েনট বলযাংক এর কথা। আমাদের টিনেজ জেমস বনড। :)
এবং নিরাশ হতে হয়নি। বরং সিরিজটার পরতি আগরহ আরো বহুগুণে বেড়ে গেল। বই এর শুরু থেকে শেষ -পুরোটা মনোযোগ ধরে রাখতে বাধয। আদরশ সপাই থরিলার। শুরুতে পলট টা হয়ত তেমন কিছু মনে হবে না, কিনতু একটু পরেই একদম মাথা ঘুরিয়ে দেয়ার মত পলট বের হয়ে আসবে। লেখক আসলেই অনেক ভাল লেখেন।
একশন, সপাই গযাজেট, ধাওয়া-ধাওয়ি মিলিয়ে পারফেকট একটা ব
Nov 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the book that got me hooked on the Alex Rider series. Anthony Horrowitz was so clever in making up this story. How he made it sound realistic but I also think it was a bit science fiction-ish but I liked that about it. When a crazy scientist makes clones of himself and replaces sons of multimillionaires with them it sounds impossible right? But not for Anthony Horrowitz.
Hayat
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Kick ass stars

I read this book a long time ago and enjoyed it a lot especially because the main character is a fourteen years old male devoid of the usual teenage angst. This book is the second in the Alex Rider series where Alex is a spy in training for MI6. During the course of his training Alex learns more about the world and uncovers a potentially deadly secret which leads our hero into a daring adventure. This was a fun and entertaining book with likeable characters and fantastic action
Clive Harrison
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great story, I really love the Alex Rider and Jason Steed series.
If you want to escape read a teen spy novel. Anthony Horowitz is a brilliant author.
This book we see Alex go to Switzerland, where the worlds richest kids or kids or rich and important parents go to school but are brainwashed.
Fatima TM
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such as fast-paced suspense-filled book! I loved every page of this book!! Alex is such a funny and witty character and, this is such an interesting series that I think I will never get bored of. Can't wait to read the next book!
emi
Sep 18, 2016 rated it liked it
These are addicting. I think I am gonna read the third one before I go to bed.
Nikki
Feb 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars. Part young Bond, part MacGyver and totally awesome! I love Alex's dry wit, and his reluctance to be a super spy. It sets the series a part and makes it so fun. This one was a tiny bit predictable, so not quite a 5 star read for me. But this is probably the 5th or so time I've read this book since I was a teenager, and I love it every time.
Lila Kims
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spy-fiction
It took me 27 days to read this not-even-300-page book. BUT I REALLY LIKED IT, I PROMISE. IT'S NOT THE BOOK'S FAULT AT ALL.

I really like the action - I swear, there's never a dull moment. If you want a break from slow-burning plots, pick up Alex Rider.

Alex has a dry sense of humor. Alex is smart. Alex is super brave - or maybe he's super stupid, who can tell?

Either way, Alex is awesome.
Angie
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: YA fiction fans, spy adventure fans
Recommended to Angie by: I'd read the first.
I loved this one even more than the first. Alexonce again is thrown into a dangerous situation by the increasingly nasty and hateful Alan Blunt. This time he is sent undercover to a school in the French mountains.

The story is exciting and I think that both adults as well as kids will love it. I like the character of Alex, so resourceful and thinking fast on his feet. I've already got book 3 on its way.
X-Emilia-The-Witch-Lover-X
A throw back from years ago and definitely by far the best book in the Alex Rider series!!
Bridget
Feb 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who like teen spies
Recommended to Bridget by: My guts
Shelves: spies
That ending was badass. I'm just saying.

Point Blanc stepped up one notch from Stormbreaker. Where in Stormbreaker Alex Rider started out being innocent and just a normal school boy, and ended up as a boy interested in spy work, in Point Blanc he changes so much more. I won't say how because it will spoil everything, but it is visible, and it I am looking very much forward to see how he will change over the course of the books.

Alex started out as the same boy we left - interested in being a spy
Rose
Jul 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Mix James Bond Junior with a crazy brain-washed boardingschool in France. Add hilarious equipment and some crazy badass skills on snowboard, and then you'll have Point Blanc.

The first 150 pages was one big summary of the former book, Stormbreaker, which made me leaning to three stars. But in the end, Point Blanc was far better than Stormbreaker, because, unlike Stormbreaker, Point Blanc had a big kickass-escape-scene filled with action. I was all fired up, but this book made me hold my breath fo
Trisha
Apr 29, 2015 rated it liked it
This is the second Alex Rider book that I've read and been completely surprised by how much I like it.

Alex's initial stunt to get him back in everyone's radar shocked me! What was he thinking.

But from there, although I had reservations about how his assignment was possible to pull off, I think the story did a great job of pulling us through.

The end wasn't a huge surprise but it was action packed and full of adventure. I look forward to reading more of the series.
Weston Conaway
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I give this book an "A" plus! This book was full of suspense, and excitement. I was constantly on the edge of my seat. I loved how the M16 spy agency sends a 14 year boy on a deathly mission. Through the story there are a lot of twists and turns. Alex faces many close calls of giving up his identity, but he might not get so lucky in the end!
Lazybee
May 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
A novel for children. There isn't an element which can capture the heart of a adult or young adult. But I am sure that the children will be captivated.
Benjamin Thomas
As much as Alex Rider would wish to curtail his nascent spy career after the high danger of his first mission, he finds himself sucked back into the vortex once again. This time he is used to infiltrate a posh school for troubled youths high up in the Alps and discover just what is really happening there. He reluctantly does so and shortly uncovers a couple of villains with as diabolical a plot as any you might find in a James Bond adventure. This mission will require all of the versatility Alex ...more
Dika
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action, young-adult
Never underestimate an young adult spy book

Second book doesn't leave behind too many trace for the first book.Alex found himself infiltrating one of the most elite and famous academy Point Blanc Academy.Alex need to figure out about the dead of two billionaires.They only found one similarity to link the billionaires,that they childrens attended the same school.

I thought Horowitz love to "alexrizing" us with the action packaged.Well,half of the book was clearly don't say that.What i most adorable
Suzannah Seerden
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So good , Anthony Horowitz really knows how to get the read glued to this series
Yulia
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
On one hand I liked this book more than the first one, on the other hand I found it way more creepy. Although that's probably just me.

So this is the second book in the Alex rider series and again, the characters are pretty cool, the adventure is awesome, and well the gadgets speak for themselves.

This book is about a mission in the french Alps, because there seems to be something fishy about a finishing school built inside a mental asylum.

***** SPOILERS *****

Ok first of all, how creepy was tha
Noella
The scene is set with the murder of a wealthy businessman, Roscoe. We watch as Roscoe is murdered. Gosh it was chilling! Next, we follow Alex as he damages police headquarters while tailing a dealer who has been selling drugs to kids at his school. MI6 intervenes with the police's charges and sends Alex undercover to Point Blanc, a reform school in the Alps, where apparently Roscoe's son goes. Alex uncovers sinister things going on within the school.
Point Blanc was an action-packed, adventurous
Bianca
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Woah, talk about suspense! This book was packed with nonstop action and I loved every single minute of it. The scenes are perfectly set up, giving insight from various perspectives to really establish the events. It was ingenious! I could really imagine everything that was going on - it was as if I was watching a movie. The whole plot was brilliant and keeps you guessing throughout. How Anthony Horowitz comes up with these original conspiracies and ideas, I just don't know. What I do know is tha ...more
Kathleen
It's 007 for children and I very much enjoyed reading it. Of course, the problem that arose was something that would cause international crisis but the plot was rather simple which is appropriate for the target age group. I think I understand why the movie did not continue on following the series but I think it would have still been a fun watch.
Kyra (Blog of a Bookaholic)
Just as good as I remembered!
Zanna
Oct 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Read with one of my students. Went down very well.
Goodreads Librari...: no cover 6 17 Mar 01, 2019 08:48AM
  • Point Blanc: The Graphic Novel (Alex Rider: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Double or Die (Young Bond, #3)
  • Rogue (H.I.V.E, #5)
  • Brigands M.C. (Cherub, #11)
  • The Stowaway Solution (On The Run, #4)
  • The White House (I, Q, #2)
  • Hunted (Alpha Force, #6)
Anthony Horowitz, OBE is ranked alongside Enid Blyton and Mark A. Cooper as "The most original and best spy-kids authors of the century." (New York Times). Anthony has been writing since the age of eight, and professionally since the age of twenty. In addition to the highly successful Alex Rider books, he is also the writer and creator of award winning detective series Foyle’s War, and more recent ...more

Alex Rider (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Stormbreaker (Alex Rider, #1)
  • Skeleton Key (Alex Rider, #3)
  • Eagle Strike (Alex Rider, #4)
  • Scorpia (Alex Rider, #5)
  • Ark Angel (Alex Rider, #6)
  • Snakehead (Alex Rider, #7)
  • Crocodile Tears (Alex Rider, #8)
  • Scorpia Rising (Alex Rider, #9)
  • Russian Roulette: The Story of an Assassin (Alex Rider, #10)
  • Never Say Die (Alex Rider, #11)
“The worst time to feel alone is when you're in a crowd.” 641 likes