Start by marking “Gone (Love and Loss #1)” as Want to Read:
Gone (Love and Loss #1)

Gone

(Love and Loss #1)

An alternate title/cover for this ASIN can be found here.

Rebecca Walters harbours a dark secret, and as the fifty-three bangles she wears on her wrists as a self-imposed sentence of guilt remind her, she can't even begin to consider moving on. Not after what happened on that night six months ago... a night which she can't remember and yet managed to change her life for
Published July 28th 2014 (first published July 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Gone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gone

Start your review of Gone (Love and Loss #1)
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Sep 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
description

4.5 beautiful stars

“When I am with you I forget who I am, and I guess I like it a little bit too much.”

Gitte:
You know that feeling when you finish a book and just sit there in complete silence for a while and think to yourself wow that was a beautiful story.

“I don’t want you to be anyone other than who you are.”

That’s how I felt finishing Gone. It truly was beautiful. The writing was flawless, effortless and almost poetic a times. The characters were quite simply stunningly written in their own tragedy.

“You. You taste like the sun.”

‘The boy
tragedy.
story.
stars

“When
Heather
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I might have mentioned before, but in case you don't know, Anna Bloom is my favorite NA author. I love the British humor. The flawed yet, likable characters. I am particularly fond of Bex's mouth and attitude. The chances of me and this author meeting are slim, but I would love, love, love to meet her. I have a feeling I would love her sense of humor. Her characters are full of life, bad things have happened to them. Good things are happening to them. And they screw up because of the bad things. ...more
Kim Walker
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Anna Bloom writes stories that pure gold. I have fallen in love with every story that she has written and Gone is no exception.

In this world people get broken and the pieces of their life become scattered, never close enough to be made whole again. I thought about the characters in this book who were hurting, feeling unworthy, and who seemed to be broken beyond repair. All it takes is one simple act to break someone down, but it takes the strength of a thousand men for someone to pick those sca
Risbee
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Gah. This summer has been a bit different for me in that I've been on a bit of a rereading kick and have sort of put my to-read list on "vacation mode" to let my batteries recharge and maybe figure out a few things. I definitely cut back on the number of book tours on my schedule.

But this book - it has called to me from the very first time I saw it mentioned in a book blast sign up. I love good angst and there was something about it that called to me and even though I really did intend to stay
Raj
Sep 19, 2014 rated it liked it
3 Stars!

I do like the story, though it was quite flat... it's not exciting, although I looked forward to know what's gonna happen on the last day..

I like the characters, but I don't love them. The story flow is okay but I was kind of hoping to read a more exciting scenes, something more fun.

I did cry.. like twice...
Fala Misscheeksz
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. While Blaming herself for the death of her best friend Bex looses who she is and gives into the labels. Josh Blames himself for his girlfriends death and becomes depressed and standoffish. When the two come together they both find peace in each other and once truths are revealed it changes everything.
Ann  Goubert (Driven by Books)
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
*4,5 stars*
I had a bit of trouble to getting into the story but once I did, the story kept on flowing. It was an enjoyable read and one that definitely had something underneath that comes to the surface and you can't help but feel what the characters are going through...

Rebecca and her family just moved to another town to try and escape what's happened but she won't be staying, only for two weeks. She couldn't be more further removed from her family than she already is and can'
Coco.V
Aug 14, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (8/14/2018)!💝

Blurb:
Rebecca Walters harbours a dark secret, and as the fifty-three bangles she wears on her wrists as a self-imposed sentence of guilt remind her, she can’t even begin to consider moving on. Not after what happened on that night six months ago… a night which she can’t remember and yet managed to change her life forever.

When Rebecca comes across Joshua Adams, man equally haunted by past tragedies, on a moonlit beach, both of their lives are
Dannah Leizl Alcayaga
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gone by Anna Bloom

This is a heartbreaking story which will make you believe in second chances and will teach you that you are not what others label you.

This isn’t my usual genre, and I think this will be more suitable to teens, but I liked this book just the same. I won’t be able to put a description to the characters since I can’t relate with them, but the plot is amazing, the pace is realistic, and the ending is sweet.

Overall, this is a very good book and I
J.R.
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Things that make my heart hurt and my heart swoon for this story and these characters:

The bangles that Bex wears just kill my heart, every time. This girl is so broken and guilt ridden when the story begins. I was swept away into her world from paragraph one.

Then there’s the double meaning of the title (I won’t spoil this one for you).

The way Bex heals through Josh-u-a and visa versa.

How she blames herself for things she doesn’t even fully remember
Katie Jones
For me, Gone was hard for me to fully get into until about halfway through. It just didn't grab my attention right away, but once it did it kept it there. I'm glad for the outcome of everything with Bex and Josh-u-a.
Bin Blogs Books
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-ebook
Two young people, struggling to grieve and find forgiveness, living day to day feeling half dead, find each other. As they grow closer, their mutual grief and attraction sets them on a path to heal and find a home in each other.

I enjoyed the book mainly as a whole, looking back over the whole story rather than any one part. I think a lot of young people will identify with the choices they made. Not a book I'd normally want to read but pretty good however.
buzy_reading
May 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary
The story is written from a high school perspective and will be an appropriate read for a high school girl.
Rebecca is going to play the misunderstood girl who is artistic and colorful. Rebecca wants to wear clothes that people wont judge. Rebecca has been labeled a bad girl all from one bad decision she made one night after leaving a party.
Two POV's in the story. Josh too claims to be a troubled teen with issues. The story is written in London jargon. Josh is a surfer and an artist. Rebec
Carrie Elks
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic. I bought it in the morning and couldn't put it down, despite the fact I was supposed to be working. From the start, I was pulled into Bex's and Josh's world, entranced by their interactions and the obvious pull between them. Both broken souls, they were beautiful characterized, with nuances and details that made them feel very real. And as the relationship between them grew--naturally and beautifully--I found myself holding my breath, hoping they would find redemption in ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Bex and Joshua, who are both broken souls. These two lead totally different lives, which is defined by their painful pasts. Will these two heal each other? You really need to read this for yourself to find out.
This is a beautifully touching and emotional storyline, which hooked me from the very beginning, and I was enthralled throughout. I recommend Anna’s work for all, and look forward to reading more of her work.
Annie
Sep 18, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Nice story. Didn't quite hold my attention the way I wanted it to. I just wanted a little more of something.
Amanda (Good Choice Reading)
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Yes, that's correct, I DID just rate a book 5 stars for the first time since 2012.

Full review to come during blog tour.
Maco
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book.
The characters were nicely written and the 'big secrets' were played out nicely!
The ending had me wanting more!
Cassandra
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
53 Sins & No Goodbyes
This is a newer author for me. I read the prequel to this, Lost, which I highly suggest reading first. It is a novella, so you can get through it quickly and then jump into this book right away! It may not make a lot of sense, but it will as soon as you start this book. I mean that in the best way, as you will find out right in the beginning. This book is told in dual POV's by Rebecca Walters and Joshua Adams. Rebecca's family have just moved from London to a small coas
Chanah Dickson (The Book Whisperer)
New to me author Anna Bloom bring us a fabulously written ya book with characters that aren’t always widely written about. The dark girl that locks herself away because she feels the weight of this world on her shoulders and the popular but artistic boy that although he fits in with everyone really just wants to be left alone!

I loved the wit and backbone that Rebecca showed throughout the story the fact that although her family didn’t always have her back but she still lives them fiercely, her
Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog'
Gone is an honest and beautifully weaved story of young love found in the aftermath of tragedy.

A feast of guilt, loss and self-loathing, that manifests into a destructive tone for our heroine.

Redemption is just around the corner in the broken young man who knows what it feels like to live in a shroud of guilt and darkness. Two broken kids find one another on the sunlit shores of Cornwall in this heartfelt tale of second changes and self-discovery.

Josh-u-a and
DrivenbyBooks
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
*4,5 stars*
I had a bit of trouble getting into the story but once I did, the story kept on flowing. It was an enjoyable read and one that definitely had something underneath that comes to the surface and you can't help but feel what the characters are going through...

Rebecca and her family moves to another town to try and escape what's happened but she won't be staying, only for two weeks. She couldn't be more further removed from her family than she already is and can't seem t
Bella
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book, which I received as an ARC. A Y.A. romance that deals with some quite mature themes, but ends with a satisfying HEA. My only small complaint is that despite a lovely story, a lot more editing is required to achieve a more sophisticated level of writing. I'm a firm believer that Y.A. fiction should be written with as much attention to language protocol as any other genre, and this fell a little short of the mark for me. But again, a great plot and nice character development, ...more
Rochelle Sumner Kroesen
This is a real beautiful story of 2 young adults dealing with loss. Bex and Joshua are both struggling to live a normal life after they both suffered major losses. Together they were able to find happiness and forgiveness. But would it be enough for Joshua to fully open up and for Bex to finally stop running? Gone is one of those books that stay with you after you finish and I plan on reading more from this author.
Jean Joseph
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bex and her family ran away from the bullying in London to Cornwall. While on the beach Bex sees some cute surfer dudes and is entranced by on. Josh has no time to waste with "holidaymakers" so doesn't give Bex the time of day. Then they both get to know each other and realize they have deep secrets. Will Bex go running back to London for school or will Josh find a way to make her want to stay??? I voluntarily received an advanced copy of this book for a honest review
Shermaine Dowling
Unique and charged with emotion

I thoroughly enjoyed this 2-book series. The web of lies buried deep within youth, rampant and confusing memories and emotions. Such love and shocks to the heart for a young coupe, flush in the newness of true and life-changing love. Msg Bloom expresses the depths of these emotions that are wrenched for fully-developed complex individuals. I enjoyed British colloquial-isms mixed amongst the story of a true and enveloping love.
Shannon Davison
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bex and Joshua have been through so much and they are having a hard time letting go of the pain and guilt they carry around. I was drawn into this story from page one and stayed up all night to finish it. A very moving story that grabs your heart. I truly can't wait to read more from Anna. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book via Quirky Blind Date with a Book.
Wendy Ballard
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this books tells how a 18 year old girl feels about labels that has been put on her and she carries around some secrets that she is scared of getting out in a new town that her family has moved to
They is also a guy that is 20 years old and he blames his self about what happen to his girlfriend 6 months before he Bec
Heather Merriman
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is about two young people who have both been through something very traumatic. What starts out as just a holiday fling develops into so much more. By finding love in each other they slowly begin the process of healing each other. A beautiful read!! This is definitely in my list of books to reread!
I received a free copy and voluntarily left my honest review.
FeeMac
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
After reading Lost i was left with many questions but Gone has answered them all and then some. Gone is a beautifully written story of Joshua and Rebecca and their journey of discovering each other and unwrapping their closely held past
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Girl Like Lilac
  • The Truro Murders: The Sex Killing Spree Through the Eyes of an Accomplice (True Crime)
  • Even Good Girls: A Murder Mystery
  • The Trouble with Flying (The Trouble Series, #1)
  • The Trouble With Izzy (A Road to Wonderland Story, #1)
  • The Trouble with Faking (The Trouble Series, #3)
  • The Trouble with Flirting
  • Broken Wings (Hidden Wings, #2)
  • Hidden Wings (Hidden Wings, #1)
  • Gilded Wings (Hidden Wings, #4)
  • Tethered Wings (Hidden Wings, #3)
  • Rebel Heart
  • The Bangover
  • Change Up
  • Player Baby Daddy
  • Unbeautiful (Unbeautiful, #1)
  • The Tip-Off (Smart Jocks, #3)
  • The Oaken Throne (Tree of Ages Book 5)
Romance without limits!
A book hoarder and coffee addict at heart Anna's main existence in life is to create beautiful words about exquisitely flawed characters. She's a slow burn Princess and all about working for that happy ever after, but she guarantees when you get it, you'll fall so hard you might never want to surface again.
Be prepared to oooh and aaah and squeal with delight as Anna t
“As we move further away I can hear the old lady say, “Remember when we were like that, Ed?” To which the old man replies, “My memory is not that good.” 1 likes