Start by marking “Haven of Evil” as Want to Read:
Haven of Evil

Haven of Evil

After floodwaters destroyed Kevin and Sandra Wilson’s home, Kevin’s mother-in-law, Katherine Ford, referred him to Marge Crabtree, a rental agent who had a house for rent in a town called Havenville. On their way to meet with Marge Crabtree, Kevin swerved his car to keep from hitting a mysterious elderly woman who was standing in the road.
Settled in his new home, Kevin de
Published April 16th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Haven of Evil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haven of Evil

Start your review of Haven of Evil
Carrie
Sep 12, 2015 rated it liked it
When Kevin and Sandra lose their home to a flood they are forced to stay in a motel. Sandra's mother gives them the name of a friend in real estate to try to find a new place to rent. Having lost his job also due to the flood, Kevin tells Mrs. Crabtree that they will take whatever she has available. The couple soon find themselves in Havenville in a home that seems to have more issues than a little handy work can take care of.

Having read a lot of horror novels and watched a lot of horror movies
Ron
Sep 13, 2015 rated it liked it
The battle of good versus evil is that classic subject that all horror writers take on during their careers. It’s the topic that we all think about at some point in our own lives, and sometimes keeps us up at night. It’s the “what if” question because we all have fears, especially of the unknown.

After losing their home to a flood, Kevin and Sandra are in dire need of a place to live. For them, it is not to be happily ever after in their newly found house because something unknown and unseen alre
Boundless Book Reviews
Kevin and Sandra move into a new house after a flood destroys their home. The new house they move into is not all it seems to be. Along with the many fix ups that it needs, comes a terrible past. This past comes to haunt Kevin and Sandra.  Bodies begin to pile up, voices are heard in the house, and they become suspects. What is the real truth about this house?

I was really excited about this book. A good scary book is what I was expecting, but sadly it is not what I got. It had the makings of a g
Dan Sihota
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I would describe the story of this book as containing elements of traditional horror, such as a haunted house, demons, the devil, etc. So when I began reading I wasn’t too sure what to expect, this could be full of clichés, or I might really enjoy it. I’m glad to say it was the latter and I really enjoyed it. It’s hard to describe, but the story manages to maintain a steady level of creepiness throughout.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good scare!
Laura Thomas
Oct 14, 2016 rated it liked it
I’m always game to read another supernatural horror story. This sounded like a good one.

A couple moves to an isolated house. They’re unaware it has a history. Something waits for them, biding it’s time. And the terror begins when Kevin goes into the basement. Guess he doesn’t know about the rules of horror.

Sounds good, doesn’t it? It is. It has an eerie atmosphere, some odd character’s to make you wonder, and a truly nasty entity up to no good.

I did have an issue with the main protagonist, Kevin
Teresa
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit this book was downright creepy and scary. I loved it!! My advice do not read it late at night.

Sandy and Kevin lost their home in a flood and have been living very unhappily in a motel. Sandy's Mother gives them a name of an old friend to check with about a house. Kevin makes the call and after basically begging and pleading she offers them a house.

Kevin and Sandy relocate 80 miles away to move into their new home. Before they even get to the house weird things start happening in
Billy
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
've been a fan of haunted house films and books ever since I saw the 1986 horror-comedy House when I was a kid. Naturally, I became interested in reading Haven of Evil. With a creepy cover art, and of course with Halloween just around the corner, I eagerly sat down and read Haven of Evil with a cup of coffee nearby.

The plot here is pretty simple with a couple, Kevin and Sandra Wilson, moving into an old house. Of course weird things occur, making them believe there's some kind of evil force in t
Danielle Urban
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Haven of Evil by Melvin Rivers is a dark and intriguing story. This book reminded me of Unfortunate Events. It seems like one destructive thing happens after another to this one family. A flood destroying their home and previous jobs. Then, there's the crappy hotel living situation they are stuck in until the husband's new job starts. A job that will start within a week. The wife is waiting and hoping that her raise finally comes in so that she can help her family's living situation. The husband ...more
Shaunta
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Faith, believing in something so much that it protects you or having the courage to face any darkness. This book has a great metaphor for Faith. I was captured by the story almost from the first. The author manages to use creative suspense to keep you on the edge of your seat and guessing what surprise is coming next. The way the chapters were numbered were off and I felt the ending could have been drawn out more for full impact but I enjoyed this story. Based on content I recommend this book fo ...more
Aly
Sep 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book gave me chills. I felt for the family a little but having to start over but I was pulled into the story and it was very good. * I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*
Lesley Williams
Jul 01, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not a very good read. In fact I didn't even finish it as I could not get into the story. The characters were very two dimensional and never came across as genuine. Sorry. Others may enjoy it, so don't let my review put you off.
Stacie Williams
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book full of danger and suspense. A must read for all who love to read suspense books.

Reading Reindeer