Start by marking “Licentious” as Want to Read:
Licentious

Licentious

Josephine:
I lost my life when I turned eighteen. Well, not technically. Technically, I'm still alive. My heart beats, and blood continues to pump through my veins. But my dreams destroyed my family, which ultimately, destroyed who I was.

Happiness. What is happiness? Helping others? Making sure I have a smile on my face, especially in the moments when all I want is to die?
364 pages
Published August 27th 2014 by Jen Cousineau

To ask other readers questions about Licentious, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Licentious

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TITLE: Licentious
AUTHOR: Jen Cousineau
GENRE: Dark | Romance | New Adult
RELEASE DATE: August 27th 2014
MY RATING: ★★★★★

I freaking loved this book, I guess for me it ticked all the boxes, it had the dark gritty, tough heroine, emotionally raw, hard to read elements which I really loved about this book add in the hot mafia fella and I was head over heels in love with this book!!

My dream broke everything, it destroyed my family, my best friends, it destroyed me. It tore me down.

When twin sisters
Sara Waldvogel
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I know my friend Jen is a talented writer, but she really blew my socks off with this book. I was captivated right away with the sisters and after the dramatic turn of events in Joey's life, I really felt I knew who Joey was and understood why she felt the way she did during certain situations. Hands down one of the best books I've ever read (besides A Deadly Bet). I have recommended this book to many of my friends. One friend said she can't seem to get anything done because she can't put the bo ...more
Lelyana
*****STRONG MAJOR SPOILERS*****

If you're a fan , you don't want to read this. I suggest you to ignore my review.

---EDITED---

Sebetulnya males sih nulis ripiu soal buku ini lagi. Tapi berhubung banyak yg kebakaran jenggot gara2 ripiu gw yg parah (menurut mereka) dan gw bete banget karena cerita buku ini gw gak enjoy sama sekali,malah bikin mules.
Terserahlah gw mau ngomong apa kek soal nih buku.

Dan soal bahasa enggres gw...the fuck with my english. It's not my mother's language. I'm Indonesian and
Angela Wallace
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark
'We can do anything temporarily,'

... I had to keep this in mind, while I was reading the gut wrenchingly dark, achingly raw scene towards the beginning of Licentious. I felt like I'd been ripped into shreds... I was torn and my heart was bleeding beside Joey. I felt numb.

How is it possible for someone to endure so much physical and mental pain, and come out whole on the other side?... Is it even possible? Joey herself, even gets to the point where she questions God

'Ultimately, He's supposed to
Sally
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Licentious , by Jen Cousineau
3.5-4 Stars (leaning more towards 4)
This book had SO MUCH POTENTIAL to be a 5 star book for me as it had all the elements that I love in a book. First off it’s a dark read, second it’s a mafia book, and third I loved both the main characters as well as his whole family. And lastly did I mention HOT ALPHA MALE CAPO <3 I couldn’t stop turning the pages. But I must caution you that as a dark book lover I have read some crazy ass shit and NEVER batted an eye, but this
Kelly Sloane
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING BOOK!! Best book I have read all year seriously you can't miss out don't want to give to much away but Ale is a hottie and a closet sweetheart and Joey is a strong woman who has been thru he'll can they heal each other or bring each other down?
OMG Jen is a genius! I loved this book!! Ale and Joey are so relatable and great together! This is def one of those books that you can finish in one sitting. I fell in love with this story instantly! It has everything from dramatic events that lead
Kandace
Aug 31, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 stars I really liked most parts on this story. The beginning was so heartbreaking. I loved both the MC. I did feel that about 50 more pages in the middle would have taken this story to a completely different level. I felt the story's pace was just a tad too fast. I was let down when we got to the villain. I had to push deep and just go with it.

What I did love about this story was the chemisty between the MC. I loved how a broken girl can heal with the right kind of love and support. His fam
Donna Watts
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!!
Recommended to Donna by: Jen cousineau
I was given this book as a gift!!

There is no words for this story! I was amazed the whole way through reading this!!
Josephine's life was going grwat until her eighteen birthday, on a night out with twin sister. One tragedy after another happened and Jo thought her life was worth nothing until she meets Ale who saves her.

I felt sick reading the first part of this story but then my heart really hurt for Jo and was glad that Ale was there to mend her again.
There are a few twists and turns in this
Megan Asmus
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW WOW....what can I say about this book ???This book that hooked me gutted me from the very beginning I cried my eyes out I laughed..I blurted out a couple of what the f**ks..but I couldn't put his book down so many twist and turns you don't see coming start to finish this book will reel you in! ABSOLUTELY HANDS DOWN one the best books I have read in along time. Beware it will take your on a emotional rollercoaster ride! So get on and take the ride!! ☺
S.l. Schiefer
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
From the very first word this book had me engaged. Joey overcame things that would have broken me. Her strength and resilience in life is something that I wish I had. Ale, man we all wish we had a man like him. He's tough in all the right places, and soft in all the right places. The emotions this book brought out are a tell of a great author. Jen is an amazing author, this book is probably tying in the number one spot for my favorite book of all time.
Lisa Omek
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading Licentious, but as I fell deeper and deeper into the story, I fell in love with it. The development of characters, the angst, it was truly heartbreaking and beautifully told. Bravo Jen on a phenomenal read
Chris Murray
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What would you do for True Love?

This is truly an excellent book that will play with your emotions. It is a romance that will have you questioning even what you would do for love. The main character Josephine or Joey is a sassy and clever woman who suffers tragic losses among other things. On Joey's 18th birthday her whole life changes for the worse as she leaves a bar...and it doesn't get better.

Then nine years later, we find Joey is living a somewhat normal life. Really? How? She has her
Desire
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Licentious is a gut wrenching, heartbreak, soul stomping ugly cry kind of book. This book will have you balling your fists in anger, rooting for Jo to kick some major arse and praying for a kind of peace that can only be found by picking up every broken shard of ones self and trusting enough to put it all back together. I won't lie and say there weren't moments i found my feet spontaneously kicking the air in a need to reach and fight in an all consuming way that getting locked into a great book ...more
Maria Lazarou--Obsessed by Books Blog
I received this arc in exchange for an honest review

Oh wow, reading the first part of this book was emotional omg tears are not the word for it.

Tragedies, loss, gain, love all in one book.

This book was really well written, the characters are strong and loveable.

I really enjoyed this book and hope to see more from this author
Lori Lovesbooks
Aug 31, 2014 rated it liked it
I was really enjoying this one up till around 80% and then the execution just lost me!
Christine
DNF...many will probably love this, but it was tough to read in the beginning. After that, it still went downhill for me.
Ginger
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!!! I am not sure where to start. I am not one who writes spoiler reviews so no worries there. I will tell you this book packs quite the punch. It takes you into a world that is intense, heated and down right dirty. My heart broke at times and then some how began to heal while reading. I laughed, I gasped and I even cried. But in the end, I learned that sometimes it may seem like we are irrevocable broken, but with the right combination of love, revenge and self preservation we are just dama ...more
Stephanie Gresham
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
This book will tear you apart. If you are wanting a soul sucking, get pissed off then turn around and cry, throw your kindle and cuss type of read. BUY THIS BOOK. Joey will be your best friend and at the same time you will want to kick her in the ass. Ale, well there isn't much I can say about Ale other than HOTT DAMN. I want me an Ale. :) Jen did an awesome job with Licentious!!!!
The Kara B
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 2014
Holy HELL this was an excellent book! If I could have given this more than 5 stars I would! The writing was extremely descriptive, the plot was a PERFECT mix of romance and mystery, that left you constantly wanting to read more! WOW!
1-Click Addict Support Group
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is one of most f*cking amazing books I have read so far!!! The story grabs you right from the beginning and won't let you go until the last page!

Eve & Joey are identical twins, best friends till the end, and are getting ready to celebrate their 18th birthday. This one night will be forever engrained on Joey's mind and body. As she learns to live her life, Joey becomes emotionally dead and just tries to survive one day at a time. That is, until Alessandro walks into her life.

Alessandro i
RelentlessBookChic Ramblings & Reviews
There is no way that I can give this book anything but 5 incredible stars. Everyone will not love this story but I did. It is a true tale of the Phoenix rising from the ashes. It is a story of healing from a devastation so brutal that you pray to God to take you because in that moment you cannot fathom how you will ever, EVER, be able to recover.

"Please. Please, God take me, too. Don't leave me here....Please take me, too. Please. Please end this nightmare."

Joey has a close family, excluding
Catarina Swartz
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What can I say, every now and then you read a book that just blows your mind and Licentious is just one of those books.

Jo is broken and damages, her 18th birthday her would fell apart and she blames herself. Jo thinks her dreams destroyed her family and for nine years she live with the guilt, noone knows what she has been through, she hasn't told anybody.

Alessandro has secret of his own but when he meet Jo he knows he want her to be his, he has nothing but unconditional love for her.

Their lives
Chicks Looking For A Book Fix
Sep 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Licentious is about two people, Joey and Alessandro that have troubled past that have left them lost and broken in this world.

On Joey's eighteenth birthday she had big plans, plans that would forever change her life in the best way possible, Unfortunately things happened that night that did forever change her life but in the worst way. As time passes Joey isn't the same happy go lucky girl she used to be, she is broken and trapped in the tragedies of her life.

Alessandro isn't living the life he
Katrina Alba
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another thriller by Jen Cousineau that is suspenseful, very twisted and somehow delightfully sexy at the same time! This is unlike any other book I have ever read and I was enthralled from the very first chapter! This author knows how to reel you in and keep you! I read this book, much like I read ADB, with my mouth hanging open, sitting on the edge of my seat. The characters are so well developed that you can completely empathize with them, which is both a good and a bad thing in this emotional ...more
Ashley Hampton
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book ripped my heart out initially so much so that I wanted to stop reading because I couldn't take much more heartache. I contacted the author, and she encouraged me to continue. She was right. My thoroughly broken heart was put back together slowly (because it was broken a few more times before the end). I thought the plot was well executed, and the mystery wasn't exactly predictable. Overall, I liked the story, I liked the characters, and I definitely recommend this book to you if you ar ...more
Christy French
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Did not think I would make it through this book at first due to the nature of the story. But I am soooo glad that I finished reading it. The story of Joey is one more roller coaster ride for emotions. I ugly cried about half the time during reading. But once you get to know Al'e you will have yourself a new book boyfriend. I would recommend this book to everyone who enjoys a different twist on romance, this book shows how hard love can be and how a true relationship should be!!! I am in love wit ...more
Jesk Krita
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with this book from the first page. I couldn't stop flipping and turning. It had me hooked from the first letter. I sat there blinking at the screen a few times when I was so surprised at what the characters were doing. (I hate doing spoiler reviews so I'm just going to leave out what happened). This book had me in circles and knots so tight I almost exploded a few times.
Shanda Brown
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I enjoyed this book so much. Didn't think I would be able to finish it but a very good friend told me to hold on and press on and I'm so happy I did....this book blew me away!!! I loved it and I know this book will stick with me.....
Melyssa Winchester
description

Title: Licentious
Author: Jen Cousineau
Series or Standalone: Standalone
Rating: 3 Stars ***

Review:

Licentious is a dark, gritty new adult romance that is told from the point of view of Joey (the heroine) and Aléssandro (the hero or anti-hero). It is not an easy read, so for anyone that has issues with rape, suicide and abuse may want to take caution before delving into this one. It is most definitely not for the younger set.

I enjoy books that are told from dual point of views, because you get to s
Ashleyjo
Feb 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Let me say that the first few pages of this book are very deceptive. This author takes first impressions & bitch slaps her readers.

First impression: At mention of a Coach purse, singing contest, Cinderella, a self-absorbed mama that rains hell on her female kids, and a dad that had to explain periods to his daughters, I really thought this book was headed straight to typical teenage drama - a couple of girls acting rebelliously stupid, getting themselves in trouble with badboys, and paying
« previous 1 3 next »

• Convincing Bet
  • Watch Me (Stalked, #1)
  • Toxic (Desired Affliction, #1)
  • The Twin Dragons (Golden Crown, #2)
  • Disturbed (Disturbed, #1)
  • Heart in Wire (By a Thread, #4)
  • Buried (Hiding from Love, #4)
  • Sanctuary (The Freaks MC, #2)
  • Hidden (To Love A Killer #1)
  • Edge of Obsession (SKALS, #3)
  • Dark Love (Dark Love #1)
  • Plastic Confidence (The Good Bye Trilogy, #1)
  • Rock Star (Dream Weaver, #2)
  • At Last
  • Dream Bound (Dream Catchers #1)
  • A World of Romance (ASMSG Collections #3)
  • Chained
  • Broken
Wisconsinite. Romance Author. Twin Mom. Wife. Adventurist wannabe. Fitness enthusiast. Foodie. Hunter. Dreamer. Coffee and Chap stick addict.

Website: http://jencousineau.com
Email: jen@jencousineau.com

Amazon: http://amzn.to/1Q6k2SD
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorJenCou...

Twitter: https://twitter.com/JenCAuthor (@JenCAuthor)

Instagram: http://instagram.com/jencousineau

Pinterest: http://www.p
“There’s smooth metal ball under the head of his dick, and another on top, and my mind just can’t process what the hell I do with it. “It’s called an Apadravya,” 1 likes
“touches my cave of ecstasy making me moan from the rush of pleasure” 0 likes