Start by marking “Shameless” as Want to Read:
Shameless

Shameless

Librarian's note: This is an alternate cover edition for ASIN : B00MR4SM3O.

Girls like me don’t get happy endings.

I know what I am. At worst a cliché, at best a cautionary tale. I put an international border between me and my past, only to wind up working in a low-end titty bar. Even my excuse is as lame as it gets: I’m paying for college, getting my art degree from Montrea
Published August 18th 2014

Release Date: August 18, 2014
Rating: 3.5 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
HEA: (view spoiler)

When I decided to give Shameless a go, I was hesitant and not sure if I would find it right up my alley. Reading stripper books is risky. It’s just so very easy to mess them up badly, that I tend to be careful and usually don’t even read them. Yet, something in the blurb drew me in and I thought ‘okay, I will do this!’

Now, after finishing
Beatrix
Jul 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of 'lighter' teacher/student romances
*This review is posted on Way Too Hot Books.*

3.5 STARS

I’ve been struggling with how to rate this, on one hand I liked it, it was an okay book, but then again it was nothing special, it didn’t leave me feeling anything in particular.

The story follows Hannah, who’s an American art student in Canada. In her free time, she works as a stripper to pay for school. She also meets Emmanuel, who turns out to be her Photography professor. That’s what the blurb says, but to me, this was a story about Hann
monica ♪

Cliffhanger: No
Writing Style: First Person, Female POV
HEA: (view spoiler)

MY REVIEW

Hannah is a normal art school student at noon but she is Alicia the stripper at night. She works as a stripper for living after she ran away and leave her past and moved from the US to Canada. Everything seems so normal at first, she goes to school without anyone noti
TeriLyn
Aug 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

**Shameless generously provided by the author in exchange for honest review.**

3 Stars

I’d like to start off by saying I think the cover for Shameless is amazing. It caught my interest immediately and after reading the blurb I jumped at the chance to read the forbidden love story between Hannah and Emmanuel. This New Adult Contemporary romance is well written with an interesting, forbidden-love plot full of angst, vulnerability, and emotion.

Shameless provided an enjoyable read for me. The writing
Angela
All right, here goes:

First, thanks to the author who graciously provided me with the review copy after I approached her. Normally I don’t do stuff like this, but when I saw the blurb, I couldn’t resist!

SHAMELESS didn’t disappoint.

Five gorgeous, emotional, beautifully written stars! And for five stars, five reasons why I adored this book.

One: Hannah.

description

Stripping was logical for me. One fall day last year I just bought some cheap high heels and a bra-and-panties set from the discount rack at the
Megan Martin
I may or may not have sold my body and soul for an ARC of this novel.
Either wayyyyy I did get an ARC yay!!!
STRIPPER LOVE. <3

My Review:

I don't even know where to start with this book. I just… I just have no words. It was so good. SO GOOD.

I'm seriously in awe of Nina Lemay right now. She captured me and pulled me in from the very first page. Like literally grabbed my heart and jerked it right into the pages. Kahleesi style!

Hanna
Magenta
4,5 stars, rounded up.

Shameless is a book that defied my expectations. In the best possible way.

What I expected:

What I got:

description

Hannah is not how you'd imagine a main character who's a stripper. She's not confident, she doesn't even think she's sexy, and she's not an exhibitionist by any means. She's actually very self-conscious, borderline shy. And as the story progresses you start to understand why and it's so sad. :( Especially the first time she and Emmanuel have sex... it's just...

Needless to s
Breana Newton
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Received this book for honest review

I don't even know where to start. Usually if someone tells the story about a young adult stripping to support herself I am instantly grossed out. No slut shaming I think i just have a hard time imaginign myself doing it.I loved the love story wrapped up in the dirty bits, and the confusion between being stripper/college student. Its very real - you want to hold your breath to see if she gets the happy ending she deserves. Nina, you are a gift! This story s
Tia
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Who would of thought a novel featuring a stripper would really be so good. I loved it! It was a masterpiece in it's own way that kept me scrolling the pages. Totally enjoyable and the open ending of the novel was so great because anything could happen, the sky is the limit. This novel was just so profound to me, I cannot even express it correctly!
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
This is a book that will make you feel ashamed of assuming a lot of things about people.

Shameless is one book that I'll never forget, I'm sure of it.

First off, it tackles two things.
1. forbidden relationships
2. stripping

That's a double KO if you ask me. The author is so brave as to put these two into one book. Another thing that is amazing about this is that this book doesn't hold back. It goes down until the very last dirty detail. I like this book because it's feisty, revealing and shameless (
Louisse
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
If there are two things I love when it comes to book themes, they would be strippers and student/teacher relationships. And Nina Lemay made my every fantasy come true when she decided to write a book about a stripper in a student/teacher relationship There is something about the taboo that makes it so enticing and addicting but it is also a topic that does not incite a lot of creativity in authors. Fortunately, Lemay had no problem in terms of creativity and uniqueness of her plot. And I will ad ...more
Bee

Istyria book blog ~ B's world of enchanted books

DNF at 49%

I'm sorry, I'm just not feeling it. I don't like the main character and I can't connect to her or the story. Could just be me though because others seem to enjoy it just fine. I may try again some time when I'm more in the mood for this. But for now, it's a DNF.
Yesenia Gonzalez
I'm reading this book and she puts herself down too much I had to step away from the book hopefully I'll continue it later.
Mavi
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Giving this one 4 stars because of Emmanuel, he made me had a feeling of home, I don't know why but I liked it.
Also I kind of didn't like Hannah and thennn I realized that I'm like her in some aspects so this might mean that I wouldn't stand myself maybe.
But it was good overall.
M.M. Jaye
Hannah flees her suffocatingly boring Minnesota home town to study art in a prestigious English speaking university in Montreal. With a barbed wire firmly set around her small frame because of a mistake that branded her the wrong way back home, she shuns everyone out and when finances become an issue, she becomes a cliché. She starts stripping to pay for college. She becomes Alicia. Most patrons at the club are your average gross, bald, middle aged guys who, on the one hand want to grope her (no ...more
Jen Warner
Shelves: read-to-review
*Note: I received a copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review*

The way this book was written was very captivating. The words worked well together to describe an interesting, forbidden-love story. We want what we can't have and how much are we willing to risk not only to have what we want but to believe we deserve it? I was truly sucked into this story full of angst, scared of vulnerability and spilling over with emotion.

This book makes the reader think about the labels we place on each
maisha
Aug 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Check out my review of Shameless by Nina Lemay at Books Equal Awesomeness!

**I received an ARC from the author in exchange for a honest review.**

When I first heard about this book, I was really excited to read it because its cover was gorgeous to me and because it was from the point of view of a stripper, and I thought that the book seemed really unique. And it was! Before now, I don't think I've ever read a book like this!

The characters of the book were amazing and really well developed! The mai
DJ Sakata
Sep 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
Favorite Quotes:

“He reaches out, slowly, carefully, as if afraid to scare away a butterfly that alighted on his sleeve, and takes my hand.”

“Female friendship remains a strange and baffling thing to me. I’m thinking I might give up on the idea altogether.”

“I want to say me too. I want to tell him about all the empty hours and the mental tricks to think about something else. I want to tell him about what I saw in those photos I gave him and ask if that really was the way he saw me. But I was never
Lauren
Oct 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Title: Shameless
Series: Standalone - No cliffhanger
Release Date: 18th August 2014
Rating: 3.5 stars

I received a copy of this novel to review for Romance of Daydreams Book Blog.

From the start, I must say that it was the cover of this novel that grabbed my attention. The designer of this cover deserves 5 stars alone - I just adored all the elements that made up this cover - just gorgeous!
This is the story of a American girl, who ran from her home town to Canada to escape her past.
Jodi Burbidge
Jul 09, 2015 rated it did not like it
I have been reading romance novels since I was 16. Professor romances are my favorite. This book had so much potential. I adore Professor … forbidden romance novels.
But this had me wanting to flip through… I literally fast forwarded until near the end of the book to get It over with. Then felt bad for wasting my $4.99! If you love emotional romances… hot with passion and forbidden mystery… this is NOT your book. SPOILER: This book is about a girl literally spending the entire book treating a wo
Stacy Litz
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shameless calls itself "a new adult romance" and it certainly is! Get ready to read a book that is "real" and not some "foo foo" romance novel about a damsel in distress being picked up by a man on horseback. I very much enjoyed the sense of "real" that I got from reading this book -- you will get REAL dialogue, REAL characters and REAL interactions that happen among people when it comes to sex, drugs, partying, romance... I love books that not only use dialogue and descriptions to develop their ...more
Hillary Jenkins
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Hopeless romantics
I have never read anything by this author before, but the cover and blurb immediately drew me in. I am so glad that I went with that feeling. It was a wonderful book, about a girl that is trying to make it on her own. You have to do, what you have to do. Hannah takes on a job that will pay her bills and help her through school. She never expected to one day be dancing for a guy and the next, find him teaching her Photography class. What happens when her two worlds collide? She ends up falling... ...more
Janja K
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great read for romance fans!

I love to read good, interesting romance novels and “Shameless” is definitely one of them. This is an interesting story with great main character in the foreground – young student girl Hannah, who finds herself in an unenviable situation with secrets, double life and passionate forbidden love with her professor.
The story has compelling plot, surprises, twists and turns, it is also well written, very entertaining and what is most important, it really draws you into it
Tammy G
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was really good...had way more substance to it than just some girl working a stripper pole...first book for me by this author and I like her writing style...Hannah was talented and resilient...Emmanuel was understanding and smitten with Hannah...this book displays redemption, forgiveness of oneself, acceptance of oneself etc...I would definitely recommend!!
April
I am not sure how to rate this book. I couldnt get into for real and I kept picking it up and setting it down. I am going to hold off giving it a rating until I can process my thoughts more.
Khim Anne (someonepurpleblooded)
We all have our secrets to tell. And reasons to why we do things that are uncalled for or not sensible for others. But always in the end We just do what we can to survive in this harsh harsh world.

Jennifer (Bad Bird Reads)
So interesting.

Review coming soon.
Shannon Cahill
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
THis book is fantastic.
Katie
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
First half was good, second half got way too rapey and never came back from that at the end.
Gisell
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I found the characters to be intriguing. Emmanuel is more complex than the average man – but sweet, instead of the broken hero we often see. Hannah’s voice is realistic, a tinge bitter, and hilarious.
“He’s the freaking knight in a white Audi.”

She’s strong, she’s tough – but she’s certainly not flawless. She uses her sharp tongue to keep everyone – especially men – far away from her. She’s running away from affection before anyone gets close to her.
“And, like a weak little gi
« previous 1 3 next »

• Souls Unfractured (Hades Hangmen, #3)
  • Best Love
  • Deep (Stage Dive, #4)
  • Lysistrata
  • Hope Again (Again, #4)
  • When Summer Ends
  • Luca Vitiello (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles #0)
  • Lead (Stage Dive, #3)
  • Trust Again (Again, #2)
  • Bound by the Past (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #7)
  • Play (Stage Dive, #2)
  • La Teogonía
  • Good (Too Good, #1)
  • Better (Too Good, #2)
  • Sincerely, Carter (Sincerely Carter, #1)
  • Breakable (Contours of the Heart, #2)
  • Conclave (Devil's Night, #3.5)
  • Between the Lines (Between the Lines, #1)

News & Interviews