Start by marking “Abuse Your Illusions: The Disinformation Guide to Media Mirages and Establishment Lies” as Want to Read:

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  202 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
The third of Russ Kick’s bestselling Disinformation Guides gathers another all-star line-up of exposés.
Juries have ruled in recent trials that Watergate was really about a Democratic Party prostitution ring.

Ignored in the U.S. and distorted elsewhere, the Milosevic tribunal hasn’t gone the way authorities were anticipating. (We present exclusive first-hand reporting from
Published May 1st 2003 by Disinformation Company

To ask other readers questions about Abuse Your Illusions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Abuse Your Illusions

J
May 08, 2008 rated it it was ok
Not nearly as good as "You're Being Lied to..." This edition fluctuates between "so? what's your point" (e.g., US chemical and biological weapons development, Panama was created for profit, etc.) and "wow, I hope this author finds counseling or someone with an MRI machine." It's a good read if you got a lot of time in a padded room.
Ippino
Apr 29, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: saggi
Ridondante.
In questo libro sono contenuti buona parte degli articoli già presentati nel primo volume: se già avete acquistato il primo quindi, non comprate questo "numero 2". Risparmiate i soldi.
Per quanto riguarda il contenuto, alcune cose sono interessanti, altre un pò meno, in quanto riguardano argomenti circoscritti alla realtà degli U.S.A.
Alcuni argomenti risultano un poco pesanti ed eccessivamente prolissi, altri sono ben trattati.
Shadhili
Apr 23, 2012 rated it it was ok
Some good some bad. That's what you get with a book that consists of various authors. I felt some of the stories where extremely biased while others were objective. The reason I thought some were biased is instead of giving you the information and letting you make up your mind it seemed to want to tell you what you should think and I just don't like that crap at all.
Roberta
Storie che conoscevo e storie che non conoscevo; articoli ormai sorpassati e altri ancora attuali. Interessante davvero
Raelana
Aug 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: eye-opening
It just completely blows my mind how I never even questioned half the stuff that I am now realizing I have had "spoon-fed" to me through the media. We need to be incharge of our own opinions.
Gary
Nov 09, 2013
Evan
May 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Underground! The Disinformation Guide to Ancient Civilizations, Astonishing Archaeology and Hidden History
  • Book of Lies: The Disinformation Guide to Magick and the Occult (Disinformation Guides)
  • Coercion: Why We Listen to What "They" Say
  • Jealousy
  • The N Word: Who Can Say It, Who Shouldn't, and Why
  • Inventing Reality: The Politics of News Media
  • Know What I Mean? Reflections On Hip Hop
  • Global Brain: The Evolution of the Mass Mind from the Big Bang to the 21st Century
  • 50 Facts That Should Change The World 2.0
  • Pimpology: The 48 Laws of the Game
  • Above Top Secret: Uncover the Mysteries of the Digital Age
  • Becoming Batman – The Possibility of a Superhero
  • The Deviant's Pocket Guide to the Outlandish Sexual Desires Barely Contained in Your Subconscious
  • Rebels and Devils: The Psychology of Liberation
  • The Gaslight Effect: How to Spot and Survive the Hidden Manipulation Others Use to Control Your Life
  • A Blazing World: The Unofficial Companion to the Second League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (The Unofficial Companion to the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, #2)
  • Into The Buzzsaw: LEADING JOURNALISTS EXPOSE THE MYTH OF A FREE PRESS
  • Desire: Where Sex Meets Addiction
Editor of the website The Memory Hole which publishes and archives hidden US government documents, including scientific studies and reports, civil rights-related reports, intelligence and covert action reports.

He is also editor-at-large for The Disinformation Company, where he has published several books including The Book of Lists and 50 Things You're Not Supposed to Know.
More about Russ Kick...