Start by marking “Shopping for a Billionaire (Shopping for a Billionaire, #1)” as Want to Read:
Shopping for a Billionaire (Shopping for a Billionaire, #1)

Shopping for a Billionaire

(Shopping for a Billionaire #1)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  6,216 Ratings  ·  661 Reviews
When mystery shopper Shannon Jacoby meets billionaire Declan McCormick with her hand down a toilet in the men's room of one of his stores, it's love at first flush in this hilarious new romantic comedy from New York Times bestselling author Julia Kent.
Published June 2nd 2014 (first published June 1st 2014)

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog

Would you consider meeting the love of your life in the men's room—your hand in a toilet—as a meet-cute? Because that's exactly how mystery shopper Shannon Jacoby met almost billionaire Declan McCormack. The second meeting isn't exactly the best either, but despite the weird encounters, Declan seems to be incredibly into Shannon. And the feeling is mutual.

This series definitely has some OTT antics that either make me laugh out loud or cringe my soul out of my body, but I know I had to r
Jay Bee
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
I found this book on Amazon as one of their "free books" and decided to download it onto my Kindle as I usually find Chick-Lit to be perfect as a quick read when out and about. However, I'm surprised I made it through the book.

I'm actually very surprised by the high reviews this series has gotten. Personally, I found myself skimming through some parts, especially at the beginning. It did get better towards the end and that's the only reason I finished the book. And, imagine my surprise when the
Paige
2.5 Stars

Shopping for a billionaire is a novella that can be read on it's own but does have another story that follows the same characters. While I did laugh out loud a couple of times, I mostly found myself getting a bit bogged down in the heroines inner ramblings. I found myself skimming parts and in such a short book, things get missed that way. I did stop and go back but just couldn't find a way to connect. I also wanted to like the hero but since he barely talked at all, I was really unable
Jen
So freaking cute! On to the next one.
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Oct 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
Really cute and fun story. The narration was five stars. I'm super interested in moving on.
Els
Aug 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF.
One star for effort.
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4 Stars *****

A quick fun rom com. I loved it! If you enjoy awkward situations, pick this up!

As a secret shopper, Shannon has so get involved with some odd shops... Like examining the men's bathroom. When Declan catches her in an questionable position, he can't stop thinking about her.

This book had me giggling, and I will definitely be read the next book as soon as possible.

description description description description

description
Ginette
Oct 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Cute..... funny read
Amy
Jul 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Book: "What shall we toast to?"
"To...shopping for a billionaire!"

Me: ROLL CREDITS

Fluffy fun with a bit of zing. Great hook at the beginning. I particularly enjoyed the little blip at the end where it replayed some of the scenes from Declan's POV. He's kind of insufferable but the book isn't. I like what a short amount of time actually passes.
MarytheBookLover
My Opinion:

This book is hysterical. You will laugh all the way through. I really enjoyed it. Two words "toilet girl"- enough said! Julia brings Shannon to life in this romantic comedy. I enjoyed Shannon and Declan together. This tale starts off with Shannon being a secret shopper and she is evaluating a coffee shop when she spots Declan, in all his sexiness, stops in and then everything starts to fall apart for Shannon. I totally enjoyed this book. I love Shannon's snarky attitude and quick wit
April
Wow!! I totally underestimated this book! I walked into it thinking it was a humdrum smutty serial. I was so very wrong!! To my utter shock this is a fun witty romance, with only a couple kisses!!! It is a serial, but I am willing to forgive that, because all the parts have been released on audio already. So, no nasty waiting time for me! Hooray!!!

Shannon is a sassy, snarky curvy gal!! Just the sort I adore!! I loved her from the very start. How could you not!! I found my self laughing at her an
Sheryl
May 27, 2015 rated it did not like it
This book is only a little over 100 pages and 2-1/2 hours long (audiobook) and I couldn't even bring myself to finish it. I got through a third of the book and just couldn't do it any longer. The 5 minute audio sample was cute and the book is billed as a "romantic comedy" so I was looking forward to it. I had the kindle version (free, thank goodness) and the audio book was only $1.99 (a good deal, I thought). Do not waste your time or your money on this. After the 5 minute sample the book goes d ...more
Siv30
בהתחלה הספר נראה כעוד אחד מהספרים בסדרות הבלתי נגמרות על בחורה צעירה וקצת קלולסית שננטשת ע"י ארוסה רק כדי ליפול כפרי בשל לידי המליונר הבא. לפעמים אותו מליונר גם נושא תכונות אופי ממש מדכאות ושרוטות שהן תוצר של ילדותו העשוקה וחסרת אהבת אם.

אבל זה לא המקרה עם שאנון ודאקלן. שאנון טיפוס עם אינטרוספקטיבה מספיק כנה כדי לראות את עצמה ואת משפחתה ההזויה באור בהיר. הסצנה של הדייט הראשון פשוט מצחיקה במיוחד הקטע אם אמא שלה שמלווה אותה לדייט העיסקי ומתנהגת כאילו הם חתן וכלה.

גם דקאלן לא סובל משריטות עמוקות מידי
Moon Love
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is hilarious and so hot! Why am I just now discovering it?
Shabana Mukhtar
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shopping for a Billionaire (Shopping for a Billionaire, #1)
Non-review rant
I read this in April. I don't know how I missed to review it here. I am sure I have reviewed somewhere, but can't find it and have to write the review again. I could be finishing my novel instead you know. But I am a reader first, so here goes.
Review
Some of the things I really adored.
1. The writing is funny - my kind of funny. Very sarcastic and internalized talks in Shannon's head makes it a good read.
2. It is clean. The
Apr 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ammp-challange
It was ok..... I honestly found the character a bit shallow and not very likeable..... it says she has OCD, if that was truly the case a person with OCD would not stick their hand down a public men's toilet for a phone in the first place, and definitely wouldn't make a coffee before showering.

But ok i like the fact a normal looking girl gets the guy for once, and some bits were really funny.

Jamie
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Listening to the audio version

Maree Repa
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it

Tale of the Mystery Shopper

I was completely thrilled to receive this first brand new wonderful book. Written by brand new exciting author, Julia Kent. I simply adored this first series the sexy and romance series, Shopping for a Billionaire. Both hilarious and brilliant for the first time I just adored this fun and extraordinary new romantic story I just so thoroughly enjoyed.

After Shannon Jacoby, has now arrived at work early this Monday morning work as Mystery Shopper . Just the happiest job t
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a pleasant surprise this little beauty was.

Shopping for the billionaire is quite the funny read. The main characters first encounter was absolutely hilarious and seriously embarrassing, I actually hid my face for her, That poor girl. Let’s not start on how embarrassing her mother and friend are, good god.

This is my first read by Julia Kent and I’m excited to say it was this book, it was fun, short and sexy, I loved it.
Margaret
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book had me laughing from the very beginning. Shannon is a riot.
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Jun 23, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a nice short story. It was interesting how they they met. I was glad to that I read the last bonus story. It was nice to see things from his side. Her mother was real interesting. I'm not sure if I like her yet or not. I do have the next part of the story so I will definitely have to check it out and see how things go.
Melissa Rose
May 30, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2018, nope
After seeing Shopping for a Billionaire on Audible for a good price through Whispersync, I decided that it couldn't hurt to give this series a try; after all, I do love a good chick-lit novel.

I was extremely disappointed with the results.

It isn't that the novel was awful per say, it was more the fact that the story lacked perspective; I felt like most of the plot took place in Shannon's head, where she spent much of her time objectifying and mentally undressing Declan - it got tiring and hard t
Katie
Fun! I'm not sure if this would trigger people's secondhand embarrassment, but I appreciated that the heroine deals with embarrassment the same way I do: basically shrugging and saying, "Oh well, that happened."

I also appreciated the lowkey serious observations, specifically the lack of women the heroine tends to interact with in meetings.
Danielle
May 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
Sounded cute but not something I could really get into
Kimberly
Dec 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
12/26/14 - free on Kindle
Terry Odell
Sep 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
A fun read for a rainy afternoon. A down-to-earth heroine with a good sense of humor, and a hero who sees the real woman inside.
Beth
Apr 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
A fun, easy, no thoughts required, funny read. Not spectacular, but not a waste of time either. Decent entertainment for a couple hours.
belle ☆ミ (mybookcastle)
chanced upon this book while i was on goodreads and decided to give it go. wanted something short and sweet, and this was it (it was extremely short though, barely over a 100 pages).

i liked the chemistry between shannon and declan. i loved shannon's sarcasm, her wit is amazing and she's so weird too. her awkwardness made the book a really fun read. her first encounter with declan was hilarious, i couldn't help but burst out laughing.

this is my first time reading anything from Julia Kent, but i
Caro
Feb 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, own
This was pretty good. I liked the characters and their personalities. Emotions, snark, funnies, a little steaminess, but....Cliff Hanger!!!! I didn't like the cliffy. I was really enjoying myself til then and it definitely disappointed me. It was fun while it lasted though and got me into it and turning pages because you just have to see what could possibly happen next. ;) Enjoy
Rapid Results Keto Reviews: waight free suppliment 1 1 Jul 31, 2018 12:40AM
Sexy Looks Can Be Found in Tankini Swim Tops 1 1 Feb 20, 2018 09:42PM
Things to Keep in Mind When Looking for Proper Ballet Shoes for Children 1 1 Jul 22, 2017 02:21AM
Best wholesale dealers in India 1 3 Sep 08, 2016 04:47AM
Voucher Codes For Online Shopping 1 2 Jul 31, 2016 11:31PM
  • LOL Romantic Comedy Anthology, Volume 1
  • By Design
  • LOL Romantic Comedy Anthology - Volume 2 - Even More All-New Romance Stories by Bestselling Authors (LOL, #2)
  • Alpha's Heir (Bear Shifter Billionaire #1)
  • The Sweet Second Life of Darrell Kincaid
  • Born & Bred
  • What a Duke Wants
  • The Seduction of Lady Phoebe (The Marriage Game, #1)
  • Found (Assassin's Revenge #1)
  • The Fifth Lesson (The Bay Boys, #2)
  • One Broke Girl (Edgewood Falls, #1)
  • Operation Cinderella (Suddenly Cinderella, #1)
  • The Normans: From Raiders to Kings
  • Courting Claudia
  • The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne (Sydney Dovedale, #2)
  • Lingerie Wars (Invertary, #1)
  • The Redwyck Charm (The Three Disgraces, #2)
  • Nobody Comes
Start with my free books here: http://www.prosaicpress.com/jkentauth...

New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Julia Kent writes romantic comedy with an edge. Since 2013, she has sold more than 1.5 million books, with 4 New York Times bestsellers and more than 16 appearances on the USA Today bestseller list. Her books have been translated into French and German, with more titles releasing

Shopping for a Billionaire (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire 2 (Shopping for a Billionaire, #2)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire 3 (Shopping for a Billionaire, #3)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire 4 (Shopping for a Billionaire, #4)
  • Christmas Shopping for a Billionaire (Shopping for a Billionaire, #5)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire's Fiancee (Shopping for a Billionaire, #6)
  • Shopping for a CEO (Shopping for a Billionaire, #7)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire's Wife (Shopping for a Billionaire, #8)
  • Shopping for a CEO's Fiancée (Shopping for a Billionaire #9)
  • Shopping for an Heir (Shopping for a Billionaire #10; Inheritance #9)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire's Honeymoon (Shopping for a Billionaire, #11)
“People who think animals have expressionless faces are like people who can ignore an open package of Oreos. Not quite human.” 6 likes
“You snitch!” It’s 6:45p.m. and I am being held hostage by terrorist extremists with a list of demands that make Al-Qaeda look like preschoolers playing pirate.” 3 likes