Start by marking “Shopping for a Billionaire (Shopping for a Billionaire, #1)” as Want to Read:
Shopping for a Billionaire (Shopping for a Billionaire, #1)

Shopping for a Billionaire

(Shopping for a Billionaire #1)

When mystery shopper Shannon Jacoby meets billionaire Declan McCormick with her hand down a toilet in the men's room of one of his stores, it's love at first flush in this hilarious new romantic comedy from New York Times bestselling author Julia Kent.
Published June 2nd 2014 (first published June 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Shopping for a Billionaire, please sign up.
Terrie There are some funny parts. A friend of mine said she laughed out loud so I picked it up and read it in a day. It's very very light reading and she's…moreThere are some funny parts. A friend of mine said she laughed out loud so I picked it up and read it in a day. It's very very light reading and she's a bit obsessed with the billionaire to the point of it being too much. But all that said.. it's a quick, easy read if that is the mood you are in.(less)

Start your review of Shopping for a Billionaire (Shopping for a Billionaire, #1)
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog

Would you consider meeting the love of your life in the men's roomyour hand in a toiletas a meet-cute? Because that's exactly how mystery shopper Shannon Jacoby met almost billionaire Declan McCormack. The second meeting isn't exactly the best either, but despite the weird encounters, Declan seems to be incredibly into Shannon. And the feeling is mutual.

This series definitely has some OTT antics that either make me laugh out loud or cringe my soul out of my body, but I know I had to
Jay Bee
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
I found this book on Amazon as one of their "free books" and decided to download it onto my Kindle as I usually find Chick-Lit to be perfect as a quick read when out and about. However, I'm surprised I made it through the book.

I'm actually very surprised by the high reviews this series has gotten. Personally, I found myself skimming through some parts, especially at the beginning. It did get better towards the end and that's the only reason I finished the book. And, imagine my surprise when the
Paige
2.5 Stars

Shopping for a billionaire is a novella that can be read on it's own but does have another story that follows the same characters. While I did laugh out loud a couple of times, I mostly found myself getting a bit bogged down in the heroines inner ramblings. I found myself skimming parts and in such a short book, things get missed that way. I did stop and go back but just couldn't find a way to connect. I also wanted to like the hero but since he barely talked at all, I was really unable
Alaina
I was hoping for something along the lines of shopaholic vibes.. but again, I keep getting freaking 50 shades..

WHEN WILL PEOPLE STOP WRITING OTHER VERSIONS OF THAT HORRIBLE BOOK?

I feel like I need wine.. is it too early to drink? It's 5 pm somewhere I believe.

Shopping for a Billionaire was a very short audiobook that pleased me to no end. I was so happy that I was flying through it because I couldn't stand it for another second. I didn't like 5o shades the first time.. and if I knew this was
Jen
So freaking cute! On to the next one.
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Oct 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
Really cute and fun story. The narration was five stars. I'm super interested in moving on.
MarytheBookLover
My Opinion:

This book is hysterical. You will laugh all the way through. I really enjoyed it. Two words "toilet girl"- enough said! Julia brings Shannon to life in this romantic comedy. I enjoyed Shannon and Declan together. This tale starts off with Shannon being a secret shopper and she is evaluating a coffee shop when she spots Declan, in all his sexiness, stops in and then everything starts to fall apart for Shannon. I totally enjoyed this book. I love Shannon's snarky attitude and quick wit
Els
Aug 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF.
One star for effort.
Sheryl
May 27, 2015 rated it did not like it
This book is only a little over 100 pages and 2-1/2 hours long (audiobook) and I couldn't even bring myself to finish it. I got through a third of the book and just couldn't do it any longer. The 5 minute audio sample was cute and the book is billed as a "romantic comedy" so I was looking forward to it. I had the kindle version (free, thank goodness) and the audio book was only $1.99 (a good deal, I thought). Do not waste your time or your money on this. After the 5 minute sample the book goes ...more
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4 Stars *****

A quick fun rom com. I loved it! If you enjoy awkward situations, pick this up!

As a secret shopper, Shannon has so get involved with some odd shops... Like examining the men's bathroom. When Declan catches her in an questionable position, he can't stop thinking about her.

This book had me giggling, and I will definitely be read the next book as soon as possible.

description description description description

description
Amy
Jul 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Book: "What shall we toast to?"
"To...shopping for a billionaire!"

Me: ROLL CREDITS

Fluffy fun with a bit of zing. Great hook at the beginning. I particularly enjoyed the little blip at the end where it replayed some of the scenes from Declan's POV. He's kind of insufferable but the book isn't. I like what a short amount of time actually passes.
Becca
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
This a great little read. Not something I would usually pick, but I needed something light to read after some really good, but intense, thrillers.

It was funny and easy to read. I laughed out loud at bits of it.

Shannon is a mystery shopper, who meets a handsome guy whilst she has her hand down the men's toilet in a bagel shop.... Read the book and you'll find out why.

I'd recommend for a quick bit of light relief and a laugh.

Www.thebeautifulbookbreak.com
April
Wow!! I totally underestimated this book! I walked into it thinking it was a humdrum smutty serial. I was so very wrong!! To my utter shock this is a fun witty romance, with only a couple kisses!!! It is a serial, but I am willing to forgive that, because all the parts have been released on audio already. So, no nasty waiting time for me! Hooray!!!

Shannon is a sassy, snarky curvy gal!! Just the sort I adore!! I loved her from the very start. How could you not!! I found my self laughing at her
Moon Love
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is hilarious and so hot! Why am I just now discovering it?
Dani
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
I read this book and the second installment as part of an anthology called Valentines Days and Nights that was offered for free on Amazon around Valentine's Day.

As other readers have commented, calling these installments full-length novels seems a bit of a stretch. They are just new episodes of a continuing story. I think a lot of readers enjoy a story being released this way as long as it is labeled as such.

My feeling about the content is mixed. While I enjoy snappy banter between a hero and
Shabana Mukhtar
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shopping for a Billionaire (Shopping for a Billionaire, #1)
Non-review rant
I read this in April. I don't know how I missed to review it here. I am sure I have reviewed somewhere, but can't find it and have to write the review again. I could be finishing my novel instead you know. But I am a reader first, so here goes.
Review
Some of the things I really adored.
1. The writing is funny - my kind of funny. Very sarcastic and internalized talks in Shannon's head makes it a good read.
2. It is clean.
Apr 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ammp-challange
It was ok..... I honestly found the character a bit shallow and not very likeable..... it says she has OCD, if that was truly the case a person with OCD would not stick their hand down a public men's toilet for a phone in the first place, and definitely wouldn't make a coffee before showering.

But ok i like the fact a normal looking girl gets the guy for once, and some bits were really funny.

Melissa Rose
May 30, 2018 rated it did not like it
After seeing Shopping for a Billionaire on Audible for a good price through Whispersync, I decided that it couldn't hurt to give this series a try; after all, I do love a good chick-lit novel.

I was extremely disappointed with the results.

It isn't that the novel was awful per say, it was more the fact that the story lacked perspective; I felt like most of the plot took place in Shannon's head, where she spent much of her time objectifying and mentally undressing Declan - it got tiring and hard
Paganalexandria
Jul 31, 2019 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: deal-and-steals
Dnf too early to rate. I'm not a fan of this type of humor. It is super popular so it might work for you.
Danielle
May 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
Sounded cute but not something I could really get into
Kimberly
Dec 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
12/26/14 - free on Kindle
Jamie
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Listening to the audio version

Maree Repa
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it

Tale of the Mystery Shopper

I was completely thrilled to receive this first brand new wonderful book. Written by brand new exciting author, Julia Kent. I simply adored this first series the sexy and romance series, Shopping for a Billionaire. Both hilarious and brilliant for the first time I just adored this fun and extraordinary new romantic story I just so thoroughly enjoyed.

After Shannon Jacoby, has now arrived at work early this Monday morning work as Mystery Shopper . Just the happiest job
Cyndi
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a sucker for romcoms. Give me a good romantic comedy and a cup of tea and I'm set. So this series has kept me so happy.
Our heroine is living a life of chaos. She is an upper echelon worker in a secret shopper company. One day she is forced to take over for one of her workers and meets one of the most eligible bachelors in the city. Unfortunately she also has her hand stuck in the toilet while trying to retrieve her phone.
This is the first story in the series and the beginning of an
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a pleasant surprise this little beauty was.

Shopping for the billionaire is quite the funny read. The main characters first encounter was absolutely hilarious and seriously embarrassing, I actually hid my face for her, That poor girl. Lets not start on how embarrassing her mother and friend are, good god.

This is my first read by Julia Kent and Im excited to say it was this book, it was fun, short and sexy, I loved it.
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4 Stars / 2 Steam Fans

Video review available in Week 51 Dec 15 21 weekly book reviews.

For other video book reviews check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk
Margaret
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book had me laughing from the very beginning. Shannon is a riot.
Bree Hill
Nov 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Listened over on Audible Escape. Really fun, quick romantic comedy.
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Jun 23, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a nice short story. It was interesting how they they met. I was glad to that I read the last bonus story. It was nice to see things from his side. Her mother was real interesting. I'm not sure if I like her yet or not. I do have the next part of the story so I will definitely have to check it out and see how things go.

• P.S. It's Always Been You: Part 1
  • P.S. It's Always Been You: Part 2: A Second Chance Romance (PS: It's Always Been You)
  • P.S. It's Always Been You: Part 3: A Second Chance Romance (PS: It's Always Been You)
  • Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words
  • Scrooged
  • The Christmas Pact
  • Make Mine Magic
  • The Pretending Plot (Caught Up in Love, #1)
  • Catch Me When I Fall (Falling Stars, #2)
  • The A.I. Who Loved Me
  • Valentines Days & Nights
  • Only Trick
  • Instant Attraction
  • Hot for the Holidays: Thirteen Naughty & Nice Novellas
  • Remedial Rocket Science (Chemistry Lessons, #1)
  • Sweet on the Greek (Just for Him #3)
  • Pucked (Pucked, #1)
  • Special Delivery (Always Satisfied #5)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Julia Kent writes romantic comedy with an edge. Since 2013, she has sold more than 2 million books, with 5 New York Times bestsellers and more than 21 appearances on the USA Today bestseller list. Her books have been translated into French and German, with more titles releasing in 2020.

From billionaires to BBWs to new adult rock stars, Julia finds a

Shopping for a Billionaire (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire 2 (Shopping for a Billionaire, #2)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire 3 (Shopping for a Billionaire, #3)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire 4 (Shopping for a Billionaire, #4)
  • Christmas Shopping for a Billionaire (Shopping for a Billionaire, #5)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire's Fiancee (Shopping for a Billionaire, #6)
  • Shopping for a CEO (Shopping for a Billionaire, #7)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire's Wife (Shopping for a Billionaire, #8)
  • Shopping for a CEO's Fiancée (Shopping for a Billionaire #9)
  • Shopping for an Heir (Shopping for a Billionaire #10; Inheritance #9)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire's Honeymoon (Shopping for a Billionaire, #11)