Start by marking “Beyond Broken” as Want to Read:
Beyond Broken

Beyond Broken

(The Bay Boys #3)

Formed by tragedy, Caleb Montgomery pushes away anyone who could care for him, as beautiful as he is devasting. Once upon a time, Maddie Ashby thought that he was the man of her dreams. But the boy with obsidian eyes that she’d once adored is long gone, replaced by a man whose broken past has molded and shaped him into someone unrecognizably cruel and hardened.

One mistake
ebook
Published March 21st 2016

Bev
I really like Kindle Unlimited - it's given me the opportunity to try books I probably wouldn't bother with, and some of these books have been gems. This is one of those. I haven't read the first two books in the series and although this in no way affected my enjoyment of Beyond Broken, I'm going to go and read them. I really liked the author's style of writing.

I had a feeling going in that Caleb was going to be an epic tool, and was he ever. I had a few of those "oh no, he did NOT just say that
Chantal ❤️
Ok I liked this book and after all the reviews on it, I was convinced it would be a keeper for me but although this book is good and it's deal with deep issues, I felt a little detached from the characters.
I can't explain it really.
Even when he was describing what happened when he was 16, I was like an observer to his recollection and not a participant.
A great story makes me feel it.
I wanted to feel it! I needed to feel it but somehow I felt nothing.
I think he is so detached from his emotio
Anja
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing

So let me start by saying that I loved every one of Emilia's books so far. There's just something about her heros that makes you fall in love with them so easily after just a couple of pages.

Beyond Broken was no exception. I fell for Caleb pretty fast.
I mean, who doesn't love a mysterious, tattooed hot as hell broken bad boy..right?! I know I do!

This book starts with our heroine's car breaking down in the middle of nowhere. Luckily Maddie is able to find a garage nearby. To her suprise the own
Libby Harrison

Cheating: none
HEA: yes with babies!
Triggers: past sexual abuse

Average score: 5/5

Best Lines: “I need you to not give up on me,” he told her. “Because I won’t ever give up on us.”

Worst Lines: H to h: “I haven’t kissed a woman in almost eight years.” Her brows drew, struggling to process his words. “But I have fucked a lot of women in eight years.”

Personal Review:
This wa
❤Sana❤
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: oh-my-god, 2016, bad-boys

I don't usually read about bad boys unless I 'm rebellious. I like my heros classy with suits and interesting jobs. Not precisely with a huge bank account and private jets but the kind of guys that give you no choice but to love them even when they are rude and ruthless. But this Caleb is just indescribable.

My Caleb

description

When her car broke down on the road, Madie had to find a way to get back home. She lost her wallet and her phone was dead and she didn't even know where she was. She had to find a tow
Sania
Standalone/Cliffhanger: Standalone
Ages of H and h: Maddie is 25 and Caleb is 28?
Multi-Luv'n/Ménages: (view spoiler)
Was There Descriptive Sex: (view spoiler)
Descriptive Sex &/Or Drama Between H/h With OW/OM: (view spoiler)
>>If So, Before or After H/h Hookup: (view spoiler)
Contains Cheating: (view spoiler)
Amount of Sex In The Book: (view spoiler)
HEA/HFN/etc
RCK
May 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindleunlimited
SOME SMALL SPOILERS

This was a pleasant surprise. I went in not expecting much and was really only going to start reading because my hubby was watching basketball and I had nothing else to do LOL

I'm glad I read it! I thought both H/h were great characters. Yes, Hero is a bit of a jerk at the beginning but once you get his backstory you somewhat understand why.

I tend to have a hard time finding heroines I truly enjoy. I find that some authors try to write heroines as sassy but they come across as
100sweet
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
DNF @ 53%.

The H was so mean. He deliberately said such cruel things to the h and she just put up with it. I got so tired of his mood swings. By the way, he wasn't a possessive H either. The first sex scene was awful and not hot or romantic. Then the way the H responded afterwards and when the h told him the big news was really bad. I don't understand how a guy treating a girl poorly is considered romantic.
jordan
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ceki
Jun 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dropped
Nicole
I loved this book! Maddie is a character who always sees the good in people, even when they try to hide who they are, but she's also got quick wit and a great sense of humor. Despite Caleb's initial impression that Maddie is irresponsible, she proves to be anything but. She's definitely got her goals and plans for her life, but a mistake involving her car is all it takes to change the course of her life.

I will say that you might have the strong urge to choke Caleb out during the first half of th
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
3 stars. This book was only okay for me. This is Maddie and Caleb's story. Maddie has liked Caleb since high school, but he doesn't remember her when she ends up with car trouble in his mechanic garage. He is a jerk to her and she can't afford to pay her car repairs so he has her work off her bill by doing bookkeeping in the office. She continues to pine after him even though he treats her like dirt. Then (view spoiler) ...more
 B.E.Love
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 stars, I loved this one. Crazy possessive hero, and a sweet, smart heroine. I love a "jerk" hero (and don't get it wring ladies he is a jerk)who turns it all around is brought to his knees when the heroine comes into play. Now don't get me wrong the hero has to change and grovel, and the heroine can't be a doormat but there's nothing like it to me. This has a really great story and it was written really, really well. I didn't want to put this book down once I started it. This book is safe ...more
The Smutbrarians
Tissues-2
Overall Rating-4
Kindle eARC
Reviewed by Stephanie

This is book three in the Bad Boys series by Emilia Winters but can be read as a stand- alone. Maddie has had a shitty night and to top it off her car breaks down in the middle of no-where and she doesn’t have her wallet or her cell phone to even call anyone to come to help her out. So what’s a girl to do? The only thing she can, suck it up and start walking in her super high heels. Like a light in the
Beth
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

So it was a long wait for this book but it was definitely worth the wait! This is the third book in the series (although really it's the fourth because the Rebound series is the first book) and we finally get women hating Caleb's story, and I have to say it was amazing. I loved the story and the fact the with Caleb and his problems the author has addressed an issue in society that is rarely brought up because surely it couldn't happen that way. So while we often see the reverse of Caleb s
EgyptDiva
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amanda Rose
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: downloaded
This book was EVERYTHING! I absolutely fell in love with Caleb and Maddie, and I must say they quickly became my favorite couple in the Bay Boys series. I truly loved seeing both of the character's personalities blossom as the pages turned and it made it seem like I was growing along with them. One of my favorite parts of this series is the true friendship that this group has, both the men and the women. It is very hard to come by a book that can prove the true meaning of friendship and this ser ...more
Julia
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
When I read about the hero of this book in Electric, I was interested. Hero into bondage/kink? Sign me up! But he was a asshole with a terrible past, and while that helped understand him, he was still an ass. And I guess I've read too much erotica, because waiting until more than halfway before we get to some light bondage was too much. Nearly DNF, I just ended up skimming most if it.
Ariana
May 13, 2018 rated it liked it
A very meh 3 stars.
Kryska14
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love a story that has a hot alpha male, lost of angst, twists & turns, that tests your emotions; makes you FEEL!

Caleb’s past is dark, he trusts no one but a few of his close buddies. He’s angry, bitter and hurt by those he’s loved, crushed and overcome with the recent loss of his uncle who left him a business to run and a house; the house he hated to be in.
Driven by his sordid past, Caleb has no interest to be in any relationship, all sexual conquests are bound so as to not touch or kiss
Almarz Zulficar
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Best book of the series!
Wow it was emotional rollercoaster ride.....loved it
Princess Alyssa
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
hero's a major jerk though I understood where he's coming from but he's still a jerk!
StephanieThe BookHooker
Tissues-2
Overall Rating-3.5/4

Anna
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book fell between I really liked and it was amazing so I gave it 4.75 stars and rounded up. There are so many authors that even those I like I sometimes forget about. I forgot about EW and one of my favorite geeks, Alex, from The Fifth Lesson (The Bay Boys, #2) by Emilia Winters.

This book and this hero, Caleb, make you take a deep breathe here and there because there are some dark, painful moments. Caleb and Maddie have that auto-repair, car broken down at night, meet although they met years ago in high school but Caleb doesn't remember. Ma
Wit & Wonder Books
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
** ARC PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **

I have to start off by saying that Beyond Broken is one of those reads that will consume you until the end. You will be drawn into the story so fast your head will spin.

This is the first novel I have ever read by this talented author and it will not be the last. Book 3 in The Bay Boys Series, Beyond Broken follows the story of one special woman and a man so broken that even you will begin to doubt if he will ever be repaired.

Maddie is a rea
Amy Neighbors Senethavilay
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When the Maddie Ashby breaks down a couple miles out of town, she never expects to find herself indebted to the one man who had captured her heart long ago. Gone is the caring, quiet man who had given of himself in such a simple act; instead, Caleb Montgomery’s cold, hardened heart makes an unfriendly appearance when he ends up helping Maddie get her car to his shop. Not having the funds to pay for repairs and seeking a way to maintain her independence, Maddie quickly thinks on her feet and offe ...more
TXBookLover
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given this book in exchange for a honest review and that what I'm going to give ya. This book was actually pretty good. I have never read any book by this author and I fall in this series late. I haven't read the previous books so I was kinda nervous starting in the 3rd one. Looking up in Amazon it can be read as a standalone. So I was happy cause it looked good.

Maddie is a grad student and find her self in need of some help. She is broke down and has to rely on her feet to find some help.
Caroline F
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“They barely knew each other. Every exchange between them had ended in insult or hurt. Yet, something about her was magnetic.”

When Maddie’s car breaks down, she never expects to come face to face with her high school crush, Caleb. Unfortunately, he is far from the kind boy who comforted her when she was upset, one day, at school. She’s sweet and innocent but pragmatic and strong.

Caleb has lived through terrible trauma, loss, and nasty rumours. A short temper and dark personality resides beneath
Lisa
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"I can't fight for you when you don't even want to be won."

I have been waiting for Caleb's book. When we were first introduced to him, in previous books, I just knew his was story I wanted to read. Emilia definitely did not disappoint.

"Sometimes all you need is someone to sit silently with you and not say anything at all."

Caleb is a tortured soul. He lives with his demons and trusts very few people. Women are just a thing he uses when necessary, but he mostly keeps to himself or his small group
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Maddie Ashby has been in love with Caleb Montgomery since she was in high school. He was the only person who helped her get through her father’s death.

Maddie hasn’t seem him seen he graduated. She has always wondered what happened to him. There were rumors but no one really knew.

When her car brakes down on the side of the road, she ends up at a garage owned by none other than Caleb. Maddie can’t believe her eyes. Caleb is still gorgeous but he is very cold and mean.

Caleb knew letting Maddie work

• Marriage by Necessity (Bravo Family, #2) (Conveniently Yours, #2)
  • Better Than Revenge
  • Rouse Me (Rouse Me, #1)
  • Nine
  • Jack's Baby
  • Never Kiss a Bad Boy
  • The Marine's Baby (Always Faithful #1)
  • Her Best Friend's Baby (Family Matters #2)
  • Racing for Freedom
  • Stripped
  • Storm Front (Charistown, #2)
  • The Dark Side of Desire
  • The Rose Queen (Missing Persons, #1)
  • Locked and Loaded (The IMA, #3)
  • The One
  • Still the One
  • A Marine for Christmas (Diamond Dust Trilogy, #1)
  • Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation

The Bay Boys (3 books)
  • Electric
  • The Fifth Lesson
“And I need you to give me time to get over you.” “So,” he said, voice guttural, “you’ve already made up your mind?” “I was prepared to fight for you, Caleb,” she whispered, wiping her cheeks.  “But even I can see that this is a losing battle.  I can’t fight for you when you don’t even want to be won.” Her” 0 likes
“I’ll feed my cock between your lips and let you drink me down.” Helplessly,” 0 likes