Jump to ratings and reviews

Reed's Reckoning

Reckoning- Noun
" the time when your actions are judged as good or bad and you are rewarded or punished "

Arianna 'Ari' Williams thought she experienced the depths of true love until the man of her dreams dismissed her with no explanation. Heartbroken and humiliated, she found herself changing the course of her life and picking up the pieces of her shattered heart. Now four years later, she has a successful career, amazing friends, and a young son with crystal blue eyes that reminds her every day of the love she imagined. Emotionally she has moved on but the wounds never healed.

Reed Matthews has it all. Playing professional football was always his dream. Being one of the most successful wide receivers in the league comes with money, fame, and all the women he wants. Even with all his wishes coming true, he never stops thinking of the one woman that owned his soul four years ago.

A chance encounter brings Reed to the realization that Ari Williams not only hid a life changing secret from him, but also things weren't as they seemed all those years ago. He's determined to get her back and build their lives together.

When the truth behind their deception is revealed- friendships are tested, families are torn apart, and the one person behind it all is relentless.

Can Reed protect those he loves and build the future he dreamed of?

*Due to graphic language and explicit sexual situations, this book is recommended for readers 18+.

304 pages, ebook

First published August 26, 2014

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Ahren Sanders

31 books1,636 followers
USA Today Bestselling Author Ahren spent her formative years living in an active volcano. There her family made collectible lava art. She studied rock collecting at the Sorbonne in France. There she met the love of her life-her pet pig Sybil. She returned to the states and started writing. She is happily married to a guy who used to live under a bridge and she met while pole-dancing.

Now, meet the real me. I grew up in the south and consider myself a true “Southerner”. Most of the special locations mentioned in my books are reflections of my favorite places. Living on the Florida coast, my family spends a lot time at the beach which is where I usually can be found with a book in my hand.

Visit me online:
Facebook➜ www.facebook.com/authorahrensanders
Twitter➜ @Ahrensanders
Instagram➜/Ahrensanders
Amazon➜http://amzn.to/1eejSKy
mailing list➜ http://bit.ly/1RrWAR4
Website➜www.ahrensanders.com

FB Fan Page➜ https://www.facebook.com/groups/14405...
Bookbub➜https://www.bookbub.com/authors/ahren...

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 30 of 392 reviews
Profile Image for Jessa.
1,104 reviews282 followers
December 5, 2014
I should have DNF'd this book at 10%. Instead, I powered along hoping for it to get better. I let the high ratings and reviews trick me yet again. I hate when a book has all the promising elements that I normally love yet still turns out to be a disappointing wreck. Sure, let's hire a private detective to find out which mean girl ruined our college relationship. SURE, let's throw in a stalker, gunfight and a sacrificial grandma while we're at it. Dazzle me with unnecessary drama. I wish I had that exact quote from where he scraped his ding-dong on her IUD. I award this book one star for that alone.
Profile Image for Emily.
4,843 reviews517 followers
June 15, 2021
Ari Williams was the love of Reed Matthews life, a talented football player on the rise into the NFL, but then it all crumbled. For Ari she thought Reed was her happily ever after, until he left her and finding out she was pregnant with his child was a constant reminder of what they once had.

Four years later a chance moment has Reed realizing they have a son. He wants answers and when they come Ari and Reed quickly realize someone broke them up on purpose, but who? Trying to rebuild a relationship, get to know his son, and get ready for the next NFL season keeps Reeds plate full, but what he really wants is to find out who destroyed the best thing that has ever happened to him.

I loved this one, normally when you have a story like this with a break up and what seems like a betrayal your halfway through the book before the couple figures it out. Not this one, you know right away, Reed is a charmer and although initially Ari is supportive of Reed's relationship with his son, she doesn't want her heart broken again but Reed is in it to win it. I am definitely picking up more books from this talented author.
151 reviews20 followers
August 29, 2014
It was okay. I know Reed and Ari are young but still it seemed as if they (well mostly Reed) were behaving like teens and not parents. Also, leaving a 3.5/4 year old child in the tub alone isn't safe and that really bugged me. American Academy of Pediatrics recommends not leaving a child unsupervised until around 6 years.

Then there was the tedious trope where

I also thought Reed was over the top jealous and while that might seem so sweet now, it doesn't bode well for long term.

Profile Image for Anna Jackson.
134 reviews14 followers
February 3, 2016
5 I LOVE A GOOD SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE STARS!

This is my first book I have read of Ahren Sanders, & it certainly will NOT be my last! I wish her more amazing and wonderful stories ahead.

I'm a sucker for a good second chance romance. I just can't help it, any and all things second chance I will for certain pick it up. This was a really enjoyable read, it hit all my buttons making me a very happy reader.

We have the two mains Reed Matthew's and Arianna (Ari) Williams.
These two were just amazeballs! Not only did Ahren Sanders make you want these two amazing people to be together, she made you need for these two to be together. Not only did we get two great mains, we also get so many amazing out characters as well. Everyone really played such an important part at certain points of the story, which really made you get a sense of the importance of family and having a great support system on your side. Which was a very big factor in this book.

What I loved so much about the two mains, were how grounded they were. Every thought or decision that was made I could totally understand and except. There was some outside drama going on, because what would a book be without that, but what I will say is that there wasn't drama within the two mains. Basically, they dealt will the outside drama, but as a couple they handled it and were able to more forward together.

Really an all out great, sweet, & swoony read.

Profile Image for Nicla.
414 reviews296 followers
July 1, 2015
Loved it. Second chance romances aren't my favorite genre but Reed's Reckoning was awesome. Very addictive read. I didn't want to put it down. Reed was an awesome hero. He loved Ari so fiercely. Ari was a sweet heroine. I do think their college breakup was a bit unbelievable and that both of them could have tried harder to talk to each other back then. But I love how now they talk through their problems and once they get together they stay together.

HEA
Cheating/OW
Angst Level: 4/10
Steam Level: 8/10
Profile Image for CC.
1,680 reviews233 followers
June 16, 2015
re-read 3.5 stars. Super sweet story. Reed is an awesome hero. Except for being a total d-bag by giving up Ari without trying to keep her 4 years prior. Their breakup was just so unbelievable to me. And frustrating. I wish she had made it harder on him because he really handled the event. BADLY! Not that Ari handled it well either. But she did not turn into a whore weeks later! No matter how awesome Reed was, i felt so betrayed by his past behavior, it clouded by like of him.
Profile Image for Heroesinbooks.
1,035 reviews267 followers
July 20, 2017
3.5 Reed and Ari Stars

If you love a second chance romance then you absolutely should pick this book up.
Ari and Reed were college sweethearts but something happens to divide them and their relationship is torn apart. Fast forward 4 years and they reconnect with Reed realising just how much he lost but danger is lurking in the shadows .....

This book was enjoyable with romance, sexy stuff, humour, friendships, forgiveness and family.

HEA ? Yes
Cheating? No
Profile Image for Jac K.
1,923 reviews193 followers
October 18, 2020
3.5 Sporty-Trainwreck Stars
Re-read Oct. 2020
I have a weakness for whacky trainwrecks plots; they're my go-to when I need a mental reset.
Reed's Reckoning is a second-chance sports romance with a secret baby for college sweethearts Reed and Ari. I read this about five years ago, but I always remember it because it has almost a lifetime movie/soapy feel to it. The conflicts are far-fetched, and the villain is like a HP wannabe evil OW level of crazy. I also like when outsiders split the couple up, so I get the 2nd-chance angst without one of them fucking things up. I enjoyed it this time around too, but it’s not serious at all, and won't be for everyone. The domino effect that broke the couple up was improbable, and the twist/turns are OTT dramatic.

The book starts out with a heartbroken Ari giving birth with her friend Luke. Then it FF’s 3 years forward where Reed and Ari cross paths again. The couple broke-up because of an unrealistic, multi-step maneuver orchestrated by some mean girls to tear them apart before Reed was drafted into the NFL.

Bottom Line- I enjoyed this, but much the same as I enjoy the whacky “Dynasty” style HP’s. If you have zero patience for soapy/telenovela storylines…. Then, skip this, because it’s unrealistic and non-serious. Both mc’s were innocent, but played, and both are pretty mature/likable when the re-unite. The secondary characters are great, especially Ari’s 2 BFF’s. This is rare for me, but I can honestly say none of the “good guys” annoyed me, which is always a ➕. Epilogue two years later.
Profile Image for Stephie Walls.
Author 50 books1,681 followers
July 30, 2014
Ahren Sanders has done it again. I didn't think I could love a character more than I loved Declan in the Surviving/Surrender books but Reed topped him. You can't help but love both Ari and Reed and hurt for the misunderstanding that tore them apart years ago. As a reader, I rooted for Reed and wanted to beg Ari to cut him some slack and open her heart to open. When she finally does, holy hell at the connection that jumps off the page. And Davis, oh my gosh, little Davis. I heart him so big but even more, I love what Ari and Reed go through to love him. From start to finish I was captivated by this couple, through the twists and turns, the ups and downs, I never stopped rooting for them as a couple and loved that they stayed true to each other. Reed is devoted beyond a shadow of a doubt and thinks Ari hung the moon. The story is well written, captivating, and at times will rip your heart out but so worth the read! Another fantastic read from Ahren!
Profile Image for Maida.
1,048 reviews
September 1, 2015
I should really make an effort to post reviews immediately after finishing a novel (as opposed to my current method of jotting down thoughts & ratings in the "Notes" application of my phone). I read this novel back in March, & to say that I was left unimpressed is a HUGE understatement.

Notes for Reed's Reckoning ==>> read March 4, 2015:
"Cliche & predictable. I predicted approximately 90% of the novel’s plot twists very early on. The writing was amateurish…. I’ve read this type of storyline before on a multitude of occasions."

Needless to say, I wouldn't recommend this one. The book's blurb makes the novel sound intriguing; but in reality, it was anything but.

A Very Disappointing *2/5 stars*
Profile Image for Bookish.Midnight. and. black.
943 reviews44 followers
June 28, 2021
Dnf at 10%
Went in blind without reading the blurb, reviews , seeing the cover or the ratings. I found the book and I thought to give it a try. This is the second book by this author that i try to read and it is , certainly, the last
April 25, 2016

Amount of Sex in The Book:
Overall Steam Factor/Chemistry:
HEA/HFN/etc Ending:
Any Triggers/Warnings:

My thoughts: This is one of those times where technical ability to write a book surpasses the authors story telling ability. I am going to guess that most of the good reviews are because she does know how to write a book. The start was spot on, the climax the ending etc. I felt like I was reading an English paper and should be marking it up for a grade.

The majority of the plot felt contrived like she started out with an outline of what was going to happen and just plugged the details in to formulate a story together with little cohesion or thought about how character/dialogue would flow. I know we all like to think we are individual but that is not being realistic. We all fit a mold, our personalities all follow certain patterns.

So let me give you over top example to show what I mean. Imagine I create a male character that is dark, brooding, he likes a little BDSM and one weekend he decides that his driving force in life is to be a clown. Nothing wrong with it right? Absolutely not but WHAT? That doesn't fit the character at all.

That is what I mean when I say she had little thought to her characters, they didn't follow her mold. She was constantly shifting her personalities to fit her outlined book rather than fit the book to her characters personalities.

To summarize it was Ok but I didn't love it which is sad. Even after the Reed trigger during the breakup which just made me think uber douche; he could have been an amazing alpha character. I never connected with the story. I was to busy going OK where did that bus come from???? How did you react this way but then turn around and react totally the opposite way the next???? Or you seriously just said that?

Overall Rating: 2.75
Do You Recommend This Book: Maybe
ReRead: No
Would You Read More Books By This Author: Probably not
Profile Image for Astraycat.
920 reviews74 followers
October 18, 2014
3-3.5 stars. Although I constantly mention I often skip second-chance stories, I choose to read this story because I like Ahren Sanders's Surrendering too much.

I can't help but compare this story to Ms. Amy Muscat's Enticed By You: Both heroes and heroines are separated by misunderstanding that caused by certain villain's scheme; both heroines have to raise child by themselves, and both heroes have no idea the heroines' pregnancy. Both the heroines have only been with the hero even after they break up.

The part I dislike this story more: I can't endure hero becomes a man-whore right after he believes the heroine breaks up with him.

The part I like this story more: The villain's aids in this story are more difficult to figure out. And the heroine is able to find a more decent job to raise her son.

If you like a second-chance story with many spices and some dramas, you may enjoy this story.
Profile Image for Rhella.
79 reviews4 followers
January 5, 2015

***This Review May Contain Spoilers***

This was my first read of 2015 and let me just say that the ONLY reason this book didn't hit my 'dnf' shelf was because one of my many resolutions is to finish every book I start. Do y'all see my pain? To say that I was in agony while reading this book is actually an understatement, but it's done, I've managed to finish reading this and now it's time to move on to something that will completely erase every memory I have of this book.

On to the actual review! --->

My biggest problem with this book is the POTENTIAL it had. Boy meets girl, falls in love with girl, something crazy happens and they break up, meet up later and there's a kid in the picture? Those books scream my name when I see them. All I hear is "Rhella, come read me" and I literally drop everything for a plot like that. Crazy? Maybe. This book just didn't cut it for me for so many reasons. First of all, the writing was choppy as HELL! I felt like I was reading off of a to-do list or something; Every page screamed OTT. (That stands for over the top, right?)
Profile Image for Vieira.
658 reviews1 follower
September 3, 2014
I really enjoyed this book! I'm a sucker for second chance romances and especially with a kid. The big secret in the book is actually kind of easy to spot but I wasn't bothered by it. Reed oh God I want one he was the best. He was darn right sexy with Ari and so sweet with Davis. I really liked the supporting cast. I wonder if Luke would ever get a book. Mmmmm well anyway I am going to check out this author and see what else she's got going on because I was really into this!
Profile Image for Lisa.
244 reviews19 followers
December 30, 2019
This was a wild, wreck of a story. Every possible scenario you can thing about in a twisty book is here from manipulation to secret kid to kidnapping to murder to raids to psychos. I���m not exactly sure what the point was especially since this second chance romance happened in like one second after seeing each other again. I looked up and we were at 10% and I though the book was over since they forgave and were in love. This is a loooong read. Oh and there was non stop crying. So annoying.
Profile Image for hugsandcookies.
944 reviews70 followers
May 16, 2017
This one is another reread and I'm just writing my review.

Now I had mixed feelings for this one but I felt it deserves the 5 STARS cause I felt like that everything was going too fast for Reed and Ari, but what it didn't do was take away the boredom I thought I'd feel from it cause I have to say after how many years has passed Reed redeemed himself this time round and yes he was an asshole but you didn't get it that much from him but I was annoyed at how he'd rather listen to what others were saying than finding out himself since he claims that he was IN LOVE with Ari. However, I totally love the writing style of Ahren Sanders cause she really brings her characters to life and you just cannot help but love them.

This book had me at DL and he was the link that connected Reed and Ari and I totally swoon when second chance love comes around with baby in tow.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Lu Bielefeld .
3,971 reviews432 followers
November 22, 2022
3 ⭐⭐⭐ - OK decent reads.
=======================
Why does Zero always only return to Zeroine when his career goes to the toilet and he can no longer practice sport?
Zeroine is an afterthought who is frozen in time as he enjoys life.
Zero is a piece of shit and Zeroine has no backbone.

“Yes, Davis Luke Williams.”

“Ari, we’ll fill out the birth certificate for your records. Who should we name as the father?” Not looking at Luke or my grandma, who is watching me across the room in her wheelchair crying, I answer. “There is no father. Just me.”

“Honey, the draft isn’t just another weekend. Every year you sink into a depression and it worries us. We know it brings back memories.” “Jesus! He screwed me and then screwed me over! Why can’t I let it go? We all know I was a stupid twenty-one year old.” “ARIANNA!” “I’m sorry, Grams, he’s off limits. I want to enjoy the weekend, I really do.”

I was living the life. I had everything I’d ever dreamed of, providing for my mom and sister after the draft, a huge house near the beach, fucking endless women who wanted me. But what happened when the star went down? One hit—that’s all it took—one hit, to dislocate my shoulder and tear my ACL.

“I had to change my number. Your girlfriend threatened me, she threatened Luke, she tried to pull my scholarship!” My mind races to figure out the fucking shit she just said. My girlfriend?

“Motherfucking hell! I’m such a jackass! You have to know she didn’t mean anything to me, I wanted to make you hurt. As soon as you walked in, all I could think about was you and Luke.”

“I have to tell you, I was surprised it wasn’t Bailey considering she was your girlfriend.”

After Ari and I broke up, I was never into kissing. Shit, most of the time I could fuck and duck without ever touching the woman’s lips.

“Then why would you assume he’s going to see me with other women?” “Because I know your lifestyle.”

“Reed, I need to tell you something.” “Anything, baby.” “I haven’t been with anyone since we broke up.” “What?” I ask in disbelief.

I stare at her for a few seconds trying to let the words sink in. My gut clenches with regret thinking about all the women I’ve had over the years. While Ari was busy putting her life on track and raising Davis, I was playing ball and whoring around.

I feel sick thinking about him in this house with the barrage of women he’s had over the years. “It’s nice,” is all I can get out.

“I guess that’s why Tina had such a bitch fit last night. She heard Reed not only had a girlfriend, but a son.” “What do you know about Tina?” Shani spews.

“That bitch cornered Ari in the bathroom last night and told her all sorts of lies. Then she accused her of trying to lock down Reed with a kid that didn’t belong to him. I’d already decided I liked Ari, so I stepped in and told her to back her skanky ass up. I threatened to tell all the rookies she had an STD and have her banned from any other player party. Then I told her that player pussy never becomes wife material and her days were limited since she insulted a player’s woman. She tried to back talk but Sassy stepped in and explained that if she didn’t shut up, she would tell Reed everything.”

Sure, I’d fucked her once and let her suck me off a few times, but she never saw the inside of my car or my house. I didn’t even ask for her phone number.

“You don’t understand, I had to. Besides, I was doing it to protect him. It wasn’t like he was serious about her. His career was about to take off and she was still going to be in school. I couldn’t let her use him.”

“You know how many woman I’ve been with over the years? Too many to count.”

“You wanna know how many men Ari’s been with? Me; only me. I was fucking my way to forgetting her while she sat around carrying my child. Then when he was born, she did the best she could. She dated a few guys, but the assholes couldn’t take coming in second. So she put her personal life on hold. That’s not all, knowing what I do now, I can’t get the image of a broken Ari out of my head. It’s fucking with me. So yeah, I need a few minutes to think.”

A spoiled, rotten bitch manipulated you into playing the part of my girlfriend to breakup with the woman I was dating. Instead of talking to me, you believed a bunch of lies and hurt a lot of people in the process. I sat around miserable and you watched me suffer so you could join the popular sorority when you transferred. Then you let me go on a dark and dangerous path of drinking and partying right before the biggest event in my life because I was trying to outrun the pain. Does that about sum it up?” “You make it sound so sleazy. I really thought I was doing the right thing. Alex—” “Don’t—don’t mention that cunt’s name to me. And the reason it sounds sleazy is because it was.”

“Fucking A’, I was in that woman’s dirty ass bed. What a bitch.” Luke says referring to Sarah. “Me too, years ago.” Jack adds.

Today at four thirty-six pm, thirty hours after taking a bullet to save my son, Katherine Anna Williams died.
Profile Image for Tasnima.
238 reviews
January 4, 2019
Still don't like Cara but at least I stopped hating her.

Don't like the fact that for 4 years Ari was cellibate whilst Reed was well... fucking around.

The fact that Ari is so damn forgiving kinda gets on my nerves.

But I LOVED the fact that Reed is SO understanding about Ari. The fact that his love for her was never questions. Hell reading this book j knew one thing for certain and that was that he, no matter what was always in love with Ari.
Profile Image for Lustful Literature.
1,822 reviews324 followers
September 2, 2014
** JOSIE'S 4 STAR REVIEW **

Reeds Reckoning by Ahren Sanders was an enjoyable read. I could feel the connection between the characters and could feel what they were going through. I truly was taking on an emotional roller coaster. I was happy, mad, sad and downright crying so much so that I had to regroup at times. I was completely hooked after reading the prologue right up until the very end.

Ari was deeply in love with Reed and thought he felt the same way until he shattered her heart. Where she was left to pick up the pieces. She had her dream job, 2 great friends and a beautiful son but has never been able to mend her heart. Reed is a professional football player and has it all. All but the woman who he has never been able to get over. 4 years later their paths cross and Reed realizes Ari kept a life changing secret from him. Reed goes to confront Ari and by doing so the two find out that everything about their breakup was a set-u. The question is who set them up?

Ok, so this when things get ugly. The author takes us to the past and present in the story and we are given dual POV’s and sh*t was ugly. I mean I wanted to throat punch a couple of slurry troll moles so much so I almost threw my kindle.

“The note said we were over, our dreams weren’t the same you changed your mind about following me wherever I was drafted.”

“I would never do that. I loved you! You were my world. You, Sophie, Luke and my grandma were the only people I had. Why didn’t you come to me?”

“Ari, I did come to you. I called and your number was disconnected. I went to your campus housing trying to find you.”

“What the fu*k?”

Reed is still in love with Ari and wants to spend time with her but for 4 years is a long time. She can’t get passed the last image of Reed disappearing with another woman into his room out of her mind. Time and life has changed Ari. She is stronger and more focused. She has things that are more important to her, her son, her family and her job. She isn’t willing to rehash their past so easily. Reed thinks it should be simple. They were manipulated, set-up and he wants to kill the people that conspired to keep them apart. He is not going to give up this time. No one is going to take away what they took away from him 4 years ago, not even Ari’s head.

“I wanted you with me every second of everyday. When I was injured last season the first face that floated into my head was yours. I’ve never forgotten how much I loved you.”

“This isn’t about you and me anymore. We’re over. I can’t allow myself to feel anything again for you. It broke me.”

“Over four years. That’s how long I’ve gone without your perfect kisses. Four fu*king years.”

“Shh, Reed. That shouldn’t have happened.”

“Yes, it shouldn’t have.”

“No, it was an emotional reaction.”

“Tell yourself whatever the hell you want. But it’s going to happen again, soon.”

Reed is patient, the more he learns about what Ari has done over the last 4 years, the more he falls in love with her. He’s determined to find out who is responsible for all their years away apart. The author does a good job with showing the two taking time to rekindle their feelings for each other. It is not rushed but it is intense, natural and beautiful.

“I did slow for four weeks, I only told your four days ago. I’ve known from the beginning I wanted you back in my life. Now, I’m moving onto Operation Matthews.”

“What is that?”

“Well in an effort not to scare you off, it’ll be on a need to know basis. Now come back here and kiss me again.”

When Reed finds out the truth about who did this to them, will he be able to have the love of his life? Will knowing the truth be too much for Ari and will that be the final straw for her and Reed? The author throws some twists and turns into their story, as well as some danger that I did not see coming. I loved this story line. It was fast paced, never boring and I was anxious to find out what will happen to the couple. Reed is a possessive man with Ari, especially since he lost out on the 4 years with her, so when things go wrong he steps up his game. Ari is a special character, she is sincere and loveable but when push comes to shove, Ari becomes a Diva and starts to fight back. Definitely a great read that I don’t doubt a lot will enjoy.

August 29, 2021

Can Reed protect those he loves and build the future he dreamed of?

Gosh, the story captivated me from the first page. When I started with the prologue I was like Luke what? Luke who? I thought this book would be about a guy named Reed, and it is.. and what a guy he is

Reed and Ari met in college, she lost both parents and relied on her two best friends Sophie and Luke for everything. Then she meets the hottest guy on campus Reed, and she has no idea who he is. He is this big deal in football, however Ari has no idea about football and that drew Reed right in. They got serious fast, and you could feel the love both shared and then something happens and BAM both hearts are shattered.
Now this book has a lot of nice twists and a lot of secrets come out.. Reed finds out he has a son, a beautiful 3 year old boy named Davis that he and Ari conceived.. However you would expect him to flip and go bat shit crazy when he finds out, but no he doesn't! Surprise number uno.
The rage and betrayel Reed feels is focused on finding out what happened those four years ago and who betrayed both of them that caused him to miss out on his love and his son's life. You would never believe who it is. I loved it, and finished in one sitting, couldn't put the sucker down!
Profile Image for Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog.
3,645 reviews111 followers
August 29, 2014
5 SECOND CHANCE STARS!

I loved this book. This is a new author to me and I am a sucker for second chance romances so I knew I would enjoy this book. What I did not expect was to fall in love with it as much as I did. This was a beautiful second chance love story about two people who were torn apart by lies and secrets. I will have to say this book is full of ups, down, twists, turns, romance, sexy times, and has one delicious football player who will stop at nothing to reclaim his one true love.

This is Arianna "Ari" and Reed's story. They were college sweethearts. Reed was going to enter the draft and Ari was going to follow him. He was ready to propose and make her his life. But secrets, betrayals, and lies tore them apart. Four years later, Reed runs into Ari at the beach. What he doesnt expect is the feelings he still has for her or the little boy she has that he just knows is his. As Ari and Reed clear the air, they realize that nothing is as it seems and now they are questioning everything. As they try to rekindle their love and romance, someone is still determined to keep them apart. Will Ari and Reed be able to reclaim their love and get their happy ending?

I will have to say that while I did figure out who was one of the people involved in their break up, it definitely did not take away from the story. I loved how dedicated Reed was to getting Ari and his son back. I loved him. The man did not have one flaw and seriously, that is hard. I also liked Ari. I didn't like her stubbornness at times but I admired her strength and determination.

While the epilogue was into the future, I really really want Jack, Luke, Sophie, and Cara's stories too! I am hoping this author makes this into a series! :)

Review Post---> http://reneeentress.blogspot.com/2014...
July 31, 2016
 photo 165164271_zpsaikfkqtp.gif

photo So Good......_zpsnjkxz0ec.gif

This was a great read, Usually when I start a second chance romance book with a relationship like this one with a break up and what they think is a betrayal I'm almost through the book and the couple hasn't figured their shit out yet but not this book. Reed was going to do whatever it takes to get her back I knew right away that he wouldn't give up. Reed was sweet and was a great guy I just love how he was with his son Davis. Ari wanted Reed to have a relationship with there son, but she was very gun shy and she didn't want her heart to be broken again. When I first read about Luke I wasn't a fan of his I Thought that you wanted Ari for himself but i'm glad I was wrong.

{MY LIKE SCALE}
description
Romance: 5/5 (LOVE REED AND ARI TOGETHER)
Drama: 3/5 (NOT SO MUCH THAT CRAZY BITCH BROUGHT THE DRAMA)
Cover: 5/5 (YUMMY COVER)
Ari: 5/5 (HAD HER ANNOYING MOMENTS BUT SHE WAS A GREAT HERION)
Reed: 5/5 (HE MADE MY HEART FLIP)
Writings: 5/5 (GREAT WRITING)
Humour: 4/5 (JUST ENOUGH)
Hotness: 5/5 (STEEEEAAAAAMMMMYYYY)
HEA:
Profile Image for Bing.
346 reviews23 followers
September 12, 2014

Once upon a time, a guy met the love of his life. He was at the cusp of his dream career as a pro football player. She was willing to follow him anywhere. It was a love meant to last a lifetime. But manipulation & deceit got in the way, crushing the fairy tale.

Four years later, their paths crossed again. With an added bonus in the mix.

What I love about this book was the straight-up confrontation of what went wrong. They didn't avoid each other and the issue too long, which can get frustrating. The book was really about second chances. It wasn't about the difficulty of reconnecting or too many obstacles for the couple. The author didn't write majority of the book with the couple dancing around each other and dodging hurdles thrown their way. It was simply about second chances. About rebuilding memories. And it was beautiful. Refreshing.

Even the best of fairy tales had their rising action, the part where evil characters came into play. Fortunately, Reed and Ari held on to each other. Whatever challenges they encountered, they faced it together. Like I said, refreshing. It can be frustrating when couples turn on each other and lose faith when outside forces try to tear them apart. But not this pair!

"Operation Matthews" - Reed's way of winning back his family and making Ari feel special and loved - was sweet & swoon-worthy. He tackled it like how he was on the field.. determined to set new records. And he did set the record of best boyfriend and father!

Did the fairy tale end with a happily-ever-after? Read and find out!

There were other amazing side characters, and Luke was on top of that list. I hope he gets his own book.

Displaying 1 - 30 of 392 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.