Start by marking “Cruel Capers on the Caribbean (A Kate on Vacation Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cruel Capers on the Caribbean (A Kate on Vacation Mystery, #2)

Cruel Capers on the Caribbean (A Kate on Vacation Mystery #2)

Trouble seems to find Kate Huntington, even on a Caribbean cruise. She and her friend, Liz, befriend socialite Cora Beall, who is having relationship problems. When Cora is found dead, her cabin locked from the inside, the ship’s captain assumes it’s a suicide.

Kate is skeptical. Her private detective husband begs her to let it go, but the evidence points more and more tow
Published June 5th 2014 by misterio press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Cruel Capers on the Caribbean, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cruel Capers on the Caribbean

Book Troll Real Escape
Jun 17, 2014 Book Troll Real Escape rated it really liked it
To start, I haven't read any of the other books in the series, but I didn't feel like I had missed a lot. However, I think some of the character interactions would have felt more developed if I had - and that is not the author's fault, as this is not the first book.

Regardless, the story picks up quickly and it's a breezy read. This is the kind of summer fun mystery you enjoy on the beach or perhaps even on your own cruise vacation! It's light, engaging, and paced well without feeling rushed. It
Ashley Martinez
Jun 13, 2014 Ashley Martinez rated it really liked it
I received this book from the author and from Paranormal Romance and Authors That Rock.
Cruel Capers on the Caribbean is book two of A Kate on Vacation Mystery but it can read as a stand alone.
Kate, her husband Skip and their two friends set off on a cruise ship to enjoy some rest and relaxation. What should have been fun in the sun turns out to be deadly when someone dies. Cora, the woman who died, befriends Kate and the others before her death. When things start looking suspicious Kate feels ob
Sassy Southern
Jun 19, 2014 Sassy Southern rated it really liked it
Kassandra Lambs book Cruel Capers on the Caribbean is a quick, easy read about a murder that takes place on a cruise ship. Kate, her husband Skip and their friends Rob and Liz decide to go on a much needed vacation. On the first day the meet socialite Cora Beall. Cora is really nice to the couple and the make plans to spend some time together. Cora is found dead in her room and the ship rules it a suicide. Kate doesn't believe for one second Cora would do that to herself. Kate convinces Skip to ...more
Cindy
Jun 18, 2014 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
This novella is the perfect summer read! You'll enjoy a fun Caribbean cruise with Kate. Of course, you will find out that Kate's vacations usually involve a murder to make things a bit more interesting. Even if you haven't read any of the Kate books, you will get to know everyone and not feel lost. I do imagine that after reading this one, you'll want to read more of her adventures.

The author really did her research on cruising and it showed in this well developed story line. It moved along at a
Carol
Jun 06, 2014 Carol rated it it was amazing
What an enjoyable read!! For being a short novella the author
combined murder, mystery, suspense, travel experiences, cruise
ship life for the passengers & crew, international seas laws, food
dishes, fashion, humor, love in marriage plus more but divulging
any more would spoil the story for the reader.
This novella can be read as a stand along although it is the
second novella in the Kate on Vacation Novella Series.
The characters both good and bad are all interesting, colorful and
full of surprises
Kim
Jun 20, 2014 Kim rated it it was amazing
I received a ARC in exchange for an honest review. I found this book to be a quick read. This is the second of the Kate on Vacation novellas, a parallel series to the Kate Huntington mysteries. This can be read as a stand alone. I do recommend this book and I do want to read book one. Love how Kate goes on a cruise with her husband Skip who is a PI and they end ups trying to solve a murder. This book does remind me of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum cause where there is trouble it sure finds Ka ...more
Nancy Reynolds
Aug 08, 2014 Nancy Reynolds rated it it was amazing
Mystery solved in the time it takes to take a cruise. What a fun read - all compacted into a short story. WOW. I've had the Kate mysteries on my TBR list for a while - but haven't actually read any yet. You can be sure I am now about to rectify that omission. This mystery was satisying and complicated and yet all solved in the time it took to vacaction on a cruise ship. Way to go. Lots of action and mystery solving in such a short time. I would definitely recommend this book to mystery readers.
Vicki
Jun 14, 2014 Vicki rated it it was amazing
I received this from the author for an honest review. Kate Huntington, her husband/PI Skip, and their good friends Liz and Rob, all hit the cruise ship for a much needed vacation. Where Kate goes, murder is sure to follow. This is a novella based on the Kate Huntington series. I really enjoyed it and came away from it wanting to go on a cruise like never before. It's a quick read and quite enjoyable. Definitely would recommend!!!
Paula
Jun 21, 2014 Paula rated it it was amazing
What fun! Cruel Capers on the Caribbean (A Kate on Vacation Mystery 02) makes you want to go on a Caribbean Cruise right this minute and hope that your room is near Kate and Rob or the Franklins. It a short one evening read but has all the ingredients for a good mystery that I have come to expect from Kassandra Lamb. It’s a perfect read while on the beach or traveling since the story line is easy to follow and the characters are memorable. I enjoyed this one!
Theresa Sivelle
Mar 19, 2015 Theresa Sivelle rated it it was ok
It was just okay

The story was okay but I didn't think the imagery was there. I needed more detailed descriptions. Without out that I just couldn't get I to the story or any of the characters.
A. McCarty
Jun 21, 2014 A. McCarty rated it really liked it
When I was reading I thought something was missing. I haven't figured it out. It could be that I haven't read the others in the series, but I don't think that was it. Other than that it was a great read and I recommend it for anyone looking for a fun summer read.
Vinnie Hansen
Jun 21, 2014 Vinnie Hansen rated it it was amazing
I've never been on a cruise, but I've been to Cozumel, New Orleans and Key West, all ports of call in this mystery. I enjoyed the memories of these places evoked by Cruel Capers. Psychotherapist Kate Huntington offers insights into people as she unravels a mysterious death aboard the ship.
Dwayne Keller
Oct 15, 2014 Dwayne Keller rated it really liked it
A fun short murder mystery that takes place on a cruise ship.
Heidi Vanderwalde
Heidi Vanderwalde rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2016
Christine Ayre
Christine Ayre rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2016
Sally E. Knight
Sally E. Knight rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2016
Rosie Connolly
Rosie Connolly rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2016
Teresa Robinson
Teresa Robinson rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2016
SUSAN K. CARLSON
SUSAN K. CARLSON rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2016
Debra
Debra rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2015
Pasquale Pittore
Pasquale Pittore rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2016
pam manley
pam manley rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Terry
Terry rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2017
Paula Estevez
Paula Estevez rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2015
Mark Levine
Mark Levine rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2015
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2014
Suzy
Suzy marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Rebecca M Stevenson
Rebecca M Stevenson marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Kassandra Lamb
Mar 17, 2015 Kassandra Lamb added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Kim Robertson walker
Kim Robertson walker marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
ci
ci marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Brenden Thompson
Brenden Thompson marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2015
Laura Reading
Laura Reading marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2016
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
loisa
loisa added it
Feb 18, 2017
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2017
Psychology and writing (or writing and psychology) have always vied for the number one spot on my list of greatest passions. I am now a retired psychotherapist and can afford to spend as much time as I want on my writing.

I am in Heaven! (Well, actually I live in Florida now.)

Some people have asked me if my protagonist, psychotherapist Kate Huntington, is me. I wish! She's much more consistently ki
More about Kassandra Lamb...

A Kate on Vacation Mystery (4 books)
  • An Unsaintly Season in St. Augustine (A Kate on Vacation Mystery, #1)
  • Ten-Gallon Tensions in Texas, A Kate on Vacation Mystery (#3)
  • Missing on Maui: A Kate on Vacation Mystery (The Kate on Vacation Mysteries Book 4)