Start by marking “New Beginnings (Winter Jacket, #2)” as Want to Read:
New Beginnings (Winter Jacket, #2)

New Beginnings

(Winter Jacket #2)

Book 2 in the Winter Jacket series:

There was something about Hunter Dyson that drew Elle to her. Maybe it was her unwavering eye contact. Maybe it was because she never took off her winter jacket in class. Or maybe it was the taboo of a student-professor relationship.

They'd overcome obstacles to be together, and now with job security and a healthy, happy relationship,
Published May 31st 2014

To ask other readers questions about New Beginnings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New Beginnings

Start your review of New Beginnings (Winter Jacket, #2)
Diane Wallace
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing series! great storytelling with the same adorable characters and the best friends anyone can have for all their support when needed..witty dialogue but also tense at times..highly recommended series to everyone
Penny
Jun 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Of the whole list of independent lesfic authors, Eliza Lentzski is one of my favorites. There's flaws, but she can entertain me with her writing style. And with her characters. What's not to like about Elle's quirkiness? What's not to like about Hunter's loveliness? And Troian, the hilarious best friend? Even Sylvia, the cat, has a likeable personality (and I'm a dog person). The descriptions are good, the dialogues even better. Also, Lentzski can write great sex scenes (true story!).

Now,
Megzz
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.5

I feel kind of guilty for not being able to finish this one. I tried, and tried, and tried, but 3/4 in and I just couldn't anymore. That says something! so close to the end and... nope.

I re-read Winter Jacket before reading New Beginnings. It was okay, as okay as an already okay book could be on second read. I was hoping the sequel would be better, since I really loved the more recent novels by Lentzski. But it only confirmed my dislike of the series.
I just don't feel the love. It's not a
Kexx
Jeepers Creepers, how much angst can a girl take?? Poor Elle and Hunter, I really don't know if they - or me - can take much more. I need to go and lie down in a dark room before I start on number 3.
Starsandsun18
Jun 12, 2015 rated it liked it
After re-reading this I still haven't changed my mind on my rating.
Elle, she's possessive and very insecure. The negativity in her is really annoying. She's also selfish. Yes, she love's Hunter but there's always a but or a what if.
Now I'm interested to read Hunter's POV. What's her say in this? Hunter is the innocent one. She doesn't have a lot of experience but she knows Elle is the one for her. I always feel bad for her. She's too good.

Natsu
Finally finished this after being so rudely interrupted by... work. :D

I really ship these two. They can be hot (le switch) and they can be sweet and sometimes silly.

Hunter's perfect, too perfect that I'm itching for her to do something... un-Hunter (or Ellio-ish if you may). Hunter seems to be someone who makes this fictional world a better place. haha! Anyway, it complements Elle's sometimes cranky personality.

Elle, the ever neurotic one, always thinks the worst of things in terms of her
Kennedy
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Elle Graft and Hunter Dyson, the story continues. Some may be bored with the day-to-day of their relationship but I am not. To me, that is real life and the difference between falling in love and being in love. Although there are some unique dynamics, the premise, characters and story is interesting enough to keep me reading.
Samantha
Apr 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Does the fact that in every book the word taunt shows up where the word taut should be bother anyone else? Or that in this one one character said she was prepositioned instead of propositioned? Other than that the stories are easy to read and pretty entertaining.
Beth Stone
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: f-f
FANTASTIC SEQUEL!!!!!
Even better sex scenes... I mean, wow.
Rebecca
A year or two ago I tried reading this book, but only got halfway through before dropping it for some reason. This time around I ended up enjoying it, so I'm slightly confused as to why past-me decided to drop it.

Anyway, I like this book better than Winter Jacket, because the plot and characters feel more believable to me. I will say that the writing feels a little too explain-y to me at times, but I'm pretty sure this is the first book sequel Lentzski's ever written, so maybe that's it.
Trish
Jun 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Nic
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I was looking so forward to reading this series as the don't call me hero series is one of my favourites, this series I'm not enjoying as much . I did overall enjoy the book and read it in a day, however I thought that the drama/angst was a bit much as sometimes for the sake of it, I also didn't enjoy the switch scene , under other circumstances it could have been good but with Hunters anger and upset at Elle as the drive for this scene left me uncomfortable. I have book 3 and 4 to read but ...more
Alex Jo
Feb 05, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the third book that I read that lesbian as the main character. One of the things that touched me is that the author left lesbian stereotypes now don't get me wrong I am just a transgender guy but being that I reviewed lgbt+ before I feel that some authors focus on lgbt+ issues to point that they outshine their own characters and in this story that definitely wasn't the case. On the other hand, I felt that Elle couldn't decide on anything and that was a bit annoying, that's why I gave ...more
Joc
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
In enjoyed New Beginnings more than Winter Jacket as it allowed me to get to know the characters better. I found the story gentle and slow-moving but I didn't mind the pace or the exploration of the relationship. The only real irritation I had is that if you're going to make your main character an English Professor you should really know the difference between 'prepositioned' and 'propositioned' but I'm going to give Lentzski the benefit of the doubt and assume it was a missed typo. I'm looking ...more
Lisa
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Much, much better than the first book, but could still use an extra proofread / edit before hitting publish. The author is talented at the most important pieces of storytelling, just needs some professional polish.
Janice
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

I've read book 5 (first), and books 1 and 2. I can't wait.to read books 3 and 4. I am enjoying this series, and I love the author's other books that I've read, as well. Her characters are so compelling.
Kace
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
That was kind of boring.
Gwen
Jun 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I truly enjoy Ms. Lentzski's writing style and story development. I'm very pleased she wrote this sequel, as my thought when I finished book one was "this can't be how it ends!".

I love the various relationships; the best friends, the lovers and the family dynamics. We get to know the main characters better and new ones are introduced. My one and only gripe is with Elle (love the nickname Ellio by the way). I don't like that she is so insecure that she is not fully honest with her girlfriend by
Katherine Murray
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked this book as a follow on from Winter Jacket it was interesting to see how Hunter and Elle dealt with all the stuff that happened to them in the last book. I liked the fact that they stayed together throughout this book because if they had broken up one more time I think I would have punched their imaginary faces and told them to jsut call it quits. There is a limit to how many times you should go back to someone. But anyway it was pretty good and I think that the ending could lead to ...more
Steve Going
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Get on with it!

Shouldn't Elle had developed by now. When is going to grow up? Damn, at 30-something I didn't feel old, I felt the pull of family. Hell, at 60-something I don t feel old. Your character has been hung up on the age difference for two damn books. My grandparents were married for over fifty years and were thirteen years apart. My partner after my first partner died was ewe,veg years younger than me and didn't think a thing about t. Are young people and yes I think of thirty as young
Kimberly
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
How I love the love between Elle and Hunter!! I love how this relationship just keeps blossoming. We get to see how they deal with the unexpected and come out more in love. There is so much we can take from the mistakes they make, how they correct them and move forward. Another journey, more hurdles and the excitement of finding the one person who will stand by your side through it all. Can't wait for book 3.
Loek Krancher
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved it!

I love the characters more and more. It's awesome how the main characters develop and I'm very curious what surprises will give their future. I'm looking forward to the third part of the series. I highly recommend this series to everyone.
Jasmin Sveum
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love this series!

Definitely read this in order! I love these characters and the small town setting. Couldn't put my Kindle down and had it read practically the whole series to me at work. Love Ms. Lentzski's work, and can't wait for more!
Ana
Jul 21, 2014 rated it did not like it

Awful sequel to a book that didn't need one. Ends on a sequel hook, too. In between all the wasted time treading water that makes the majority of this book when it doesn't just piss over the last one, there apparently wasn't enough space and it had to be a trilogy instead. Bleh.

Joshua Garrison
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awesome sequel

This was a great follow up to an already great story. I really hope there is a third book in this series.The first book left you feeling ad if the story was done but this one leaves you wanting more
Adrie
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Winter Jacket #2 awesome

It was a wonderful book, I was expecting more drama for some reason, but I enjoyed the story. I love the characters!! Can't wait to read number 3 in the series.
Alena
Jun 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, queer
Liked it better than the first one. The conflicts were more relatable to me. Definitely something about those characters.
Alicia
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Elle and Hunter saga continues and now I must wait for the next one to come out to see what happens next. ;)
Heinerway
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: college
I've found this book significantly less interesting than the first one. And I'm convinced that there will be a third book!
Joelenne
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great sequel, I love Hunter and Elle!!

• Hart & Stocker
  • Living
  • The Red Files
  • Casting Lacey
  • Forget Her Not
  • Being Hers (Irresistibly Bound #1)
  • Tricky Wisdom: Year I (Tricky, #1)
  • In Development
  • The Arrangement
  • The Brutal Truth
  • Ask, Tell
  • Tricky Chances: The Clinical Years (Tricky, #2)
  • Rabbit
  • The Music and the Mirror
  • Point Two (Four Point Trilogy, #2)
  • Gold
  • Breaking Character
  • Turbulence
Eliza Lentzski is a historian with a passion for fiction. She writes love stories filled with angst, miscommunication, and the struggle to balance love and an ambitious career. Her characters are not without flaws, but despite these imperfections, they ultimately find their own happy endings.

Eliza calls the Midwest her home, which is often the center of her novels, along with her partner and their

Winter Jacket (5 books)
  • Hunter (Winter Jacket, #0)
  • Winter Jacket (Winter Jacket, #1)
  • Finding Home (Winter Jacket, #3)
  • All In (Winter Jacket, #4)