Start by marking “Forged in Fire (The Vessel Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Forged in Fire (The Vessel Trilogy, #1)

Forged in Fire (The Vessel Trilogy #1)

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  1,302 Ratings  ·  121 Reviews

Genevieve Drake has never been the helpless kind of girl, has never needed to be rescued. That is, not until her twentieth birthday when some dude nearly chokes her to death in an alley and a hot stranger splits the guy in half, rips a monster from inside, and incinerates it into ash.

The hot guy? Jude Delacroix—Dominus Daemonum, Master of Demons. Now her guardian, whether

Published January 27th 2015 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Forged in Fire, please sign up.

Juliette Cross
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
This fabulous series is being re-released today with a brand new publisher and a brand new cover. Isn't it beautiful?! So, if you haven't had the pleasure of starting this series yet, today is the day! Don't miss this!

photo 10342402_794618810603165_5186797449497541112_n_zpsaabc5187.jpg

Forged in Fire is book #1 in The Vessel Trilogy by Juliette Cross. If you follow me on Goodreads you may have noticed my gushing over both Soulfire and Windburn of the Nightwing series by Juliette. So of course I was ecstatic to get started on her new series. But I was not prepare
Sh3lly ✨ hates the holidays - bah humbug! ✨
I hate to do this, but DNF at about 20%. There's nothing wrong with the writing or story at all, I just couldn't connect with the main character, Genevieve (Gen). She seemed a bit immature. I know in the beginning, it's realistic she would be doubtful, but after seeing things with her own two eyes several times and experiencing vision, you'd think she would be more cooperative with Jude. But she continues to be kind of bratty and resist his help. It was frustrating. She also kept going out witho ...more
Claire Robinson
5 - "You'll be the death of me.." Stars!

I cannot seem to get enough of Juliette Cross’ writing at the moment, so when the opportunity arose to read The Vessel Trilogy, I grabbed it with both hands and went and hid with my Kindle.

Now LIVE! -

Sealed in Sin - http://amzn.eu/1BZHFnd
Bound in Black – http://amzn.eu/iQqTyXg

My love affai
Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ Martin

Genevieve (Gen) Drake is a really cool, snarky character that I liked right off the bat. She is funny, she works for her dad at his Karate dojo and she's a Vessel... a what? Yeah, seems like when you turn a certain age you might just be a Vessel. They tend to have certain gifts but I changed my mind on telling you what they are, you will just have to read the book! :) Anyway, I love her snark in the book.

Carol giggled. I wanted to slap the blonde right of
Naomi
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First Read: February 2015
Re-reading now to follow on to books 2 & 3 :)

I absolutely adored Forged in Fire!!!! Juliette Cross has created such original worlds with characters that have captivated me :) I love Gen's strength and stubbornness and the depth of Jude's love for Gen leaves me breathless... Simply just cannot wait until Book #2. Have pre-ordered Sealed in Sin :) so now to counting down the days!
Juliette Cross
Jul 08, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Super excited to get this series back on the shelves! Coming back July 31, 2017!
Sylvia
Why in the world did it take me so long to read this book?!
Time and time again I stumbled across Forged in Fire through the GoodReads feed with members rating it highly and I'm always thinking, 'this would be a great paranormal romance to get stuck into.' But, alas, I never did until now. And boy, am I glad I did. This book was everything I ever wanted from a PNR and more. It was dark, and juicy, and edgy, and sexy and sensual.

Forged in Fire is definitely a unique spin on demons and bad-ass hu
Iris (Paranormal Cravings Book Reviews)
Great start for a first book of this new Trilogy. I really loved Genevieve’s strength and Jude. There is so much more to learn about this world and luckily book 2 is already published and book 3 that will be released this July in my mailbox.

For my first book of Juliette Cross I have to say they are highly addicted. And I really have to check out the other books she has written. As soon as we finish this mazing trilogy of course.

So I encourage you to try any one of her books. You won’t regret it
Rosanna Leo
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book ticked so many of my paranormal romance boxes. Hunky hero, fun heroine, delicious villains (yes, I sort of loved Dante, as much as I shouldn't) and a fast-paced story. Throw in some wonderful biblical imagery and a nod to famous artwork and this reader is a happy camper. This was my first book from Ms. Cross but will certainly not be the last. Very enjoyable. I look forward to the rest of the series.
Melliane
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5/5

Mon avis en Français

My English review

I am always intrigued about novel with demons and this one looked really interesting with such a synopsis. Also, I did not know about the author and it seemed perfect to discover her. In the end, even if the idea is not very original for the story, and that I’ve already read another one in the same style, I spent a great time with everything and I am very curious to discover the second volume now.

Genevieve has always been a girl like the others although
Beth
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thrust into a world of good and evil, Genevieve Drake was ill – prepared to face the creatures that will be hunting her...Demons. Little did Genevieve know she was going to become a vessel. Now she must do all she can to choose light over darkest, when the road to the light is much harder and has never been successful before. Oh, of course some have chosen light, but it always leads to their death.

Help comes in one very hot package, but Genevieve isn't sure she can trust it when he is shrouded i
Rachel
Yes it was just as awesome as expected. Bought this on a whim for $1.99 and love it. I freakin love new adult fantasy when it is done right and this is it. There are no explicit scenes just some steamy makeup sessions and a few creepy encounters with the villain. The story was completely captivating and I totally caved and already bought the next book... My tbr shelf just keeps growing larger and larger.

Before Reading: OMG this sounds awesome!
Wanderlust
An almost insta love which I never grew to understand, an annoying protagonist who I never liked, a stupid & too easy ending and it seems YA to me though I think its meant to be new adult or adult paranormal = not winning ingredients for a good book.
I recommend that you give it a miss.
*~*Lauren from Saints & Sinners Books*~*
Genevieve Drake has been thrust into the world of darkness and light. Genevieve has always been a self resilient and all around badass chick. That is until the fates aligned her with a sinister plot to kill her while celebrating her 20th birthday. She’s saved by a sexy as sin stranger. This particular stranger just happens to be Jude Delacroix. Jude isn’t your typically innocent bystander turned savior, he’s a Master of Demons who’s set on protecting her. She’s become the target of a demon princ ...more
Kira
DNF @56%

I tried but I just can't do it anymore. It's taken me a few days just to get half way through. It's not horrible, but it's not good either. Genevieve is special because she's a vessel. Demons are constantly after her because they either want to use or kill her. Literally every time she leaves the house a life or death situation occurs. Jude, her protector, insists that she let him go with her whenever she goes anywhere for her safety. Gen blows him off and endangers her life over and ove
Rhenna Morgan
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have a new favorite author!!! I can't tell you how giddy I was to stumble on to this lovely book and can hardly freakin' wait to get my hands on the next in the series. The heroine is younger than I normally read, but the way she was written I truly didn't care. The hero is oh-my-freakin'-God hot, and the angst/struggle the two of them have to face together is just perfect. It's going to be an on-going story between the same couple for 3 books, so obviously everything isn't sweetly tied up in ...more
Stacy
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, requested
I have found that you can't go wrong with anything from Juliette Cross. I have enjoyed her characters, her writing and the great worlds that she has created for her stories.

I really liked Gen. She had a great personality, is easy to like and really stepped into her new life. Jude is a bad boy and very protective of his new charge. You can definitely feel the romantic connection between the two.

The secondary characters are just as important to the story. There is a great pace set from beginning
Juliette Cross
Jun 05, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Greetings, paranormal readers. What can I say about Gen and Jude? Other than the fact they are both near and dear to my heart, I have a wish or two for you when all is said and done.

While filled with sinister demons, otherworldly creatures, and one too many trips to the underworld throughout the trilogy, I hope this story resonates with you on the most human level. One where redemption is possible, where forgiveness is given with an open heart, and where love--true and unconditional love--can a
Cheryl La Pa
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: demons
Loved it! I was lured into Genevieve's world where she has to balance trying to live a normal life while dealing with demons and demon hunters. And Jude is smoking hot! I'm so ready to dive into Book 2.
Megan
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book too me out of my book slump! I loved everything about this book. I couldn't put it down. Gen is sassy, a smart mouth, funny...and Jude is domineering, funny, sarcastic etc...and the supporting characters were great also. I can't wait to read the next one!
Julie Reece
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow and double wow. The writing is romantic and picturesque with a romance that leaves you begging for more. Loved this, so glad there's more to come!
All Things Urban Fantasy
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-by-kate
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy.

FORGED IN FIRE sounded intriguing from the first time I heard of it, so I was delighted to be able to review it here for All Things Urban Fantasy. Unexpectedly, FORGED IN FIRE felt similar to other books I've read, with a girl coming into special powers that make her completely unique, and all the men subsequently want her. Luckily, the New Adult tone and the mythology manage to set the story apart from other similar stories.

Though hot, FORGED IN FIRE
Cherie
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!!! Just finished reading this amazing book!!! I see many more great stories to come. Juliette creates a world that blends in seamlessly with the great city of New Orleans. The details let you know the author has spent much time there herself. The many references - cultural, pop, contemporary, historical, mythological all blend perfectly just like a perfect pot of gumbo. The heroine, Genevieve is sassy and smart and I am pleased to say not a woman who waits around for a man to save her. Jude ...more
Heather andrews
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jude is the type of man who seems to always have an answer to Genevieve, "oh, Genevieve," he rumbled, making something tighten low and deep. "I never mistook you for anything but a woman." As the book starts to grow so does Genevieve's lady balls and this really amused me:
"Genevieve, what are you doing?"
"Exploring." My hand flattened across a pectoral. Did he just growl?
Obviously I enjoyed many scenes where Genevieve would rile Jude but my favorite had to towards the end of the book:
"I thoug
Tia
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

I was in shock and awe as I read this novel and must admit, it's my new favorite. I love the idea of heaven and hell and all that's in between even though, I'm not a believer myself. This novel takes you on an adventure of good and evil, that you just can't put down.

Can't wait until the second one, which should make an appearance some time in April, 2015.
GothicMom'S Reviewers
Who doesn't love a chick who can fight and a hot protector and if that doesn't sound great throw in an ancient prophecy between good and evil? That's a good start for a series and for an urban fantasy reader like me that is Nirvana. However, I would like to see a new twist on this trope. This series did not do that. The author even starts the story in a dance club, just like a lot of books. The author has a great idea for this book and the rest of the trilogy, but I just felt like the story lack ...more
Colliding Worlds
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Von Forged in Fire hatte ich mir etwas ganz anderes erwartet, als das, was ich bekommen habe. Daher war ich überrascht - glüchlicherweise positiv. Cross hat eine sehr interessante Urban Fantasy-Welt erdacht, die mich überzeugt hat.

Worldbuilding
Im New Orleans dieser Welt begegnet der Leser Flamma - übernatürlichen Wesen, die entweder zu den Guten oder zu den Bösen gehören. Die einen sind Engel und Dämonenjäger, die anderen Dämonen. Und sie kämpfen seit Anbeginn der Zeit gegeneinander.
An ihrem 20.
ChattyKat
Dec 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
The star of this book was definitely Jude... dark, mysterious, powerful, attractive... a really great character. In fact, all of the male characters in this book were very intriguing... in particular the demon Dante. All of the scenes between him and Gen were edgy and had me glued to the pages.
On Gen's twentieth birthday she is awakened and quickly realizes that she is now being hunted by demons to claim her as a vessel. Jude is a demon hunter and her protector... he hopes to teach her to prote
Christina
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars - 2 Flames

My oh my. Is it too much to ask that I be able to live in this world for just one day so that I can see Jude with my own eyes? The way he's described through the eyes of the author is probably in no way how incredibly awesome he truly is (no offense to the author, but of course my imagination has taken hold of the possibilities).

Genevieve "Gen" is thrust into a world that she had no idea existed one night while celebrating her twentieth birthday. A world that consists of demo
Sophie Morgan
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
How much did I love this book? Let me count the ways.

It begins with the characters. Gen is awesome, a spunky, completely sympathetic character who falls into a world she didn't know existed. Her witticisms made me constantly chuckle, her vulnerability made my heart clutch. And she is a perfect match for the hero of the story, the gorgeous, fierce, ever-so-delectable Jude. *sighs* The man's got more sides than a Rubik's cube, and all are equally heartbreaking. Both characters are very real in the
  • The Last Guardian Rises (The Last Keeper's Daughter, #2)
  • Lady Of The Knight (Knights, #3;  The Brocade #4)
  • Blood Moons (Blood and Shadows, #1)
  • Trancing the Tiger (Chinese Zodiac Romance, #1)
  • Ambrosia (Nectar #2)
  • Gargoyle Addiction (Otherworlds Summons, #1)
  • Explicit Detail (Explicit, #2)
  • Equal Parts (Supernova, #1)
  • Buy Me 2 (Mistress Auctions, #2)
  • Echo in Time (Echo Trilogy, #1)
  • To the Princess Bound (Terms of Mercy, #1)
  • Blood of the Sorcerer  (The Kingdom Chronicles #2)
  • Fighting
  • Edged Blade (Colbana Files, #4)
  • Eternal Darkness (The Amagarians, #1)
  • Burn (Dark in You, #1)
  • When Silver Moons Rise (Lost Immortals, #2)
  • Bittersweet Blood (The Order, #1)
JULIETTE is a multi-published author of paranormal and fantasy romance. She is represented by Rachel Brooks at BookEnds Literary Agency. She calls lush, moss-laden Louisiana home where she lives with her husband, four kids, and black lab named Kona. From the moment she read JANE EYRE as a teenager, she fell in love with the Gothic romance--alluring settings, persevering heroines, and dark, sexy he ...more
More about Juliette Cross...

The Vessel Trilogy (3 books)
  • Sealed in Sin (The Vessel Trilogy)
  • Bound in Black (The Vessel Trilogy)

“I want you in my arms. I want you in my bed. I want to bury myself deep inside you and feel you shatter beneath me, again and again. I want you daily, nightly, repeatedly, constantly, forever. And when I know it’s safe to take you, you’d best be ready. If you’re not, you’d better run and hide, because it will take a legion of angels and demons to keep me off of you.” 8 likes
“A man,” he said, deep voice like velvet, warm breath caressing my cheek, “knows when to take action and when to be still, knows his strengths and his weaknesses, knows control when it is necessary and release when it is essential. And a man”—his voice had dropped deep, throaty, close to my ear—“knows when a woman wants him and how to please her.” 3 likes