Start by marking “Half Wild (The Half Bad Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Half Wild (The Half Bad Trilogy, #2)

Half Wild (The Half Bad Trilogy #2)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  14,428 Ratings  ·  2,359 Reviews
After finally meeting his elusive father, Marcus, and receiving the three gifts that confirm him as a full adult witch, Nathan is still on the run. He needs to find his friend Gabriel and rescue Annalise, now a prisoner of the powerful Black witch Mercury. Most of all he needs to learn how to control his Gift – a strange, wild new power that threatens to overwhelm him.

Mean
Published March 25th 2015 by Penguin UK (first published March 24th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Half Wild, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Michelle
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Emily May
The magic is gone.

This is not the sequel I had hoped for when I closed Half Bad last year, exhilarated and excited for the next installment. I'm going to be completely honest and say I found myself skim-reading parts of the second half because it just could not hold my attention. So if you do happen to read this and discover something amazing, it's possible that it happened while I was busy not caring.

Okay. What went wrong?

We started off on the wrong foot. Barely more than twenty pages in I was
Ben Alderson
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
fav book of the year.
i have no words.
amazing.
review soon ...
 ■©atherine■
SPOILER only if you haven't read the first book :)

Who don't ship Nathan and Gabriel?

I've never read a novel where the hero ends up with the gay boy in stead of the too-perfect heroine. I hope this one makes the exception.

My actual review

I don't know how I feel about this book. I read it and I thought about the unfairness of this world. The white witches (the bad ones) remind me of sexist and racist people in real life and it made me feel depressed and mad. Out of topic and crazy I know. But th
C.G. Drews
READ #2 Nov 2017:
You know how you go back to read a book and suddenly remember how much it meant to you?? Hi. It's me right now. I seriously can't sum up my love for this series. It's complex and brutal and so so messy and bloody and MY HEART. I think it fell on the floor?? I think I am a small black hole of destructive feelings but oh my god. I love this book.

Notable Things:
• I loved it even better the second time
• audiobook is still 5000% the most perfect thing
• can British people pls read all
Darth J
1.5 Stars

A somewhat interesting plot with terrible writing, but mostly a chore to read.

The book starts off with this annoying formatting:

And then it continues at other points throughout the book too:

And it’s not just the formatting that’s bad. I’ve said previously that parts of the first book felt too much like a rough draft , the same is true here. While whole sections in this book read smoothly, others are too unpolished and amateurish. One of two things needs to happen for this series, eithe
O.R.
Mar 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.01.2016
I will try to re-read first two books before the release of third and hopefully write a more coherent review ;)

OMG
Officially best author ever.
Now I am just really embarrassed for not keeping it eloquent, though *burns* . This is what happens when you write a review right after reading a book and don't expect anyone to read it. Especially authors. I'm sorry.
But, oh my gosh, I'm so touched <3

---

I feel weird after this ending O.O it was good, just... To be upset and really WOWed at the
Josu Grilli
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-junio
POR QUÉ. POR QUÉ.

Yo no quiero sufrir tanto, Sally. Eres mala persona. Venga, ahora voy con la review.

La verdad es que tras El lado oscuro era complicado hacer una novela que pudiese seguir mostrando al personaje de Nathan de un modo tan espléndido. Nathan está muy bien construido y es complicado (muy complicado), y esperaba que en El lado salvaje hubiera más de su locura. Y vaya si la hay. Porque las cosas en esta trilogía cambian radicalmente en apenas unas páginas. Hay cosas que jamás se me ha
R4Reader
Apr 03, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
GIMMEEEEEEEEEEE
There is a cover!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyt :)
I LOVE NATHAN AND GABRIEL'S FRIENDSHIP!!!
CAN WE JUST TAKE A MOMENT TO TAKE IN THE STORY~

(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Penguin Random House UK Children’s and NetGalley.)

Well, this was another of those books that I should really have read the first in the series before requesting the second.

I honestly didn’t understand this book. I didn’t get what was going on or why, and I didn’t care. The writing was once again unusual…

“You bow your head and the rain runs off you, rivulets of red, to join the mud and the blood around
Mai
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I should probably go and wash my face. I've been crying like a baby for the last five minutes now. I'll stop crying and get back to writing this review.

Okay, so Half Wild picks up where Half Bad ended, it continues on with Nathan's life as a Half Code who is hated by pure white witches and wanted dead for being the son of the most dangerous black witch, Marcus Edge.

I was very scared I'll end up hating this book because it seems like sequels are always worse than the first book. However, I prob
Julie

Shelves: 2015
Increíble
majo
THIS BOOK WAS EVERYTHING I WANTED AND MORE

I loved the brutality of it.

I loved the tough decisions the protagonist has to make, and that he's not afraid to make them.

I loved that the main character, Nathan understands that in times of war you have to kill, you have to be cruel, vicious, bad. Because in war it is you and the ones you love or the others, and a lot of times in YA books, protagonists don't understand the importance and the necessity of being selfish and harsh and cruel and bloody. T
May
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: estantería
-- UNA SEGUNDA PARTE TAN FASCINANTE COMO LA PRIMERA --
SALLY DAME YA EL TERCER LIBRO. POR FAVOR.

El lado salvaje es una novela sumamente complicada de reseñar. Es la continuación de El lado oscuro, una novela que me fascinó por la manera en la que estaba escrita y cuyo protagonista me dejó sin palabras. En esta segunda parte la autora sigue pisando fuerte y nos lanza una trama mucho más interesante que la que teníamos en El lado oscuro.
Si hay algo increíble sobre Sally Green es la manera en la
Elena Salvatore
Nathan has finally become a true witch. His father gave him his three gifts and he healed him.
But still Nathan is alone.
His meeting with his father wasn't the one he was anticipating and he didn't got the chance to ask him all the questions that he wanted. More than that he wasn't able to kill him so that he can free Annalise. He knew that he wouldn't, couldn't do that to his father no matter how cruel he was or that he never rescued him from his tragic life.
None of that matters now. What's impo
Ylenia
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars*

It's really hard to write a spoilers-free review when all you want to do is yell (view spoiler) extra loud.
I normally don't talk about stuff that could spoil the book because I want everyone to be able to read my reviews. BUT I SO WASN'T EXPECTING THAT ENDING, FOR SURE. HOLY CRAP.
Kenchiin
Aug 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sally's writing is very special. She can write complex characters in a very few words, which can lead either to pleasure or boredom, depending on the reader.
In my case, it led to pleasure, so Im looking forward to reading the last part.
Lo9man88
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cool ending, it's always like that : the ones you surrender your heart to often end up stabbing you in the back or at least hurting you , i hope the next book gets better....
Luis Moller
May 15, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I'm all for a gay protagonist as it is missing from mainstream YA literature but I don't think having Gabriel and Nathan end up together would be the greatest of choices. My reasoning is this: We are told the story in Nathan's perspective but we are never told of any occurrences were he has had either homosexual thoughts or urges. We meet Gabriel who is gay and yet we still do not get any information if Nathan might actually lean that way. We just know that he has been in love with Annalise sinc ...more
Martu Barimboim (Booksofcoffee)
OMG. El final. Dios, que manera de cerrar el libro.
Iba a ser 4 estrellas pero los últimos 3 capítulos hicieron que me replantee la puntuación final
Sarah Churchill
3.5ish stars maybe... I really loved book one and its darkness, from the uncomfortable confusion of the beginning to the fear and adrenaline later on. I know it was a Marmite book, but I really loved it! This one just didn't have the substance.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Half Wild. I liked the 'animal' development and the shift in relationships with Gabrielle, Annalise and Marcus. It all makes sense and probably needed to happen. It's just that on the whole it felt a little 'filler'. Compared
Claire (Book Blog Bird)
I received a copy of Half Wild in exchange for an honest review, courtesy of Penguin Random House UK and Netgalley. A copy of this review is also on my blog: www.bookblogbird.weebly.com

I finished the first book in this trilogy a couple of days ago. It’s a wild, gruesome ride and I loved every minute of it.

This book, not so much.

I want to start by highlighting the good parts. Some scenes were great. There are a couple of scenes with Gabriel and Nathan that almost had me in tears, they were so bea
Krbo
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
hm, da

Kako sam i rekao ranije u kraćem komentaru nešto nije u redu s ovim nastavkom - spisateljica je neiskusna, a urednik uopće nije ni pokušao uraditi svoj posao.

Izgleda otprilike kao da je napisana kompletna knjiga, nekih 1000 stranica, i onda su to dali mesaru da rasječe sjekirom na tri od oka njemu jednaka dijela.
Ne smije se rad u nastavcima cjepkati tako da se oni kojima je namijenjen osjećaju kao miš u labirintu - ne znam ni gdje mi je glava ni rep ni ulaz ni izlaz.
Pomislio sam kako me i
Anna (Enchanted by YA)
Phenomenal. I understand how this series isn’t for everyone which is the case for all books, but it’s safe to say that I loved it! Half Bad always stuck in my mind because it was original with a creative writing style that I hadn’t experienced before, and its sequel was no different – plus more.

Action was present from the start along with the development of some truly fascinating relationships. Nathan is a brilliant main character because he’s not “purely good”; yes he kills, and yes he’s not al
Jasmine
While superior to the first installment in characterization, plot, and writing, I am a little ticked off that the world building was not detailed any further. The reason why I never complained about the vague world-building in the first book was because I thought that was all the information given to Nathan about it, and I was lead to believe it would grow as the series progressed. I'll just have to hope that in the last installment Sally will take a little more time to fill in the blanks (espec ...more
Missanniev
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. Holy crap, I'm a mess
Vir
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Un 4,5 en realidad

El lado salvaje es una segunda parte que supera con creces a su predecesora. Con más violencia, oscuridad y explorando de una forma fascinante la relación de Nathan con sus poderes y también con la gente que le rodea. Una novela que se centra más en los personajes y sus relaciones pero que igualmente engancha y nos mantiene en vilo hasta el final.

Chantal
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tremendo, questo libro è una pugnalata al cuore!!!!
Sean
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was definitely a step up from the first book, and while it took me a very long time to read, I ended up really enjoying it.
Swearing/sexual references in YA fiction 3 21 Jul 05, 2016 06:00PM
Half Bad Trilogy 3 35 Apr 19, 2016 05:50AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: The Half Bad Trilogy By Sally Green - Reading "Half Wild" from the 19th of January 2016 105 142 Jan 28, 2016 12:31PM
  • Etherworld (Elusion, #2)
  • Oryon (Changers, #2)
  • Stray (Spark, #2)
  • Empire of Night (Age of Legends, #2)
  • Resonance (Dissonance #2)
  • The Awesome
  • The King's Men (All for the Game, #3)
  • A Whole New World (A Twisted Tale #1)
  • The Witch Hunter (The Witch Hunter, #1)
  • Beauty of the Broken
  • Willowgrove (Hemlock, #3)
  • The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4)
  • Razorhurst
  • Please Remain Calm (This Is Not a Test, #1.5)
  • Ungodly (Goddess War, #3)
  • Of Sorrow and Such
  • The Novice (Summoner, #1)
  • Lady Celie (Lumatere Chronicles, #3.5)
Hi - I'm Sally Green. I'm the author of the real-world/ fantasy Half Bad Trilogy, which is made up of Half Bad, Half Wild and Half Lost. Most people read them in that order but there's always a few who don't. Many people who read them are teenagers but there's a lot who aren't.

I'm currently working on a new series called The Smoke Thieves, which is due to be published in spring 2018 and is definit
More about Sally Green

The Half Bad Trilogy (3 books)
  • Half Bad (The Half Bad Trilogy, #1)
  • Half Lost (The Half Bad Trilogy, #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Blackfish City
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1)
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wormhole (The Rho Agenda, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
  • The Last Adventure of Constance Verity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Traveler (Fourth Realm, #1)
  • Ancestor
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Darkness Brutal (The Dark Cycle #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Marked (Servants of Fate, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Poisonwell (Whispers from Mirrowen, #3)
  • Rama II (Rama, #2)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Secondborn (Secondborn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Rama Revealed (Rama, #4)
  • Sacré Bleu
    $8.24 $12.99
  • The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Red Wyvern (The Dragon Mage, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Time's Edge (The Chronos Files, #2)
  • Brazen (Gilded #3)
  • Everyone Knows You Go Home
    $5.99 $1.99
  • (R)evolution (Phoenix Horizon #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Girl in the Shadows (Cirque American #2)
  • How to Train Your Dragon
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
“The point of being good is doing it when it’s tough, not when it’s easy.” 85 likes
“I can’t not be with you, Nathan. I wanted to leave you in that grave and walk away but I couldn’t. I can’t walk ten paces away from you without it hurting me. I treasure every second with you. Every second. More than you know.” 66 likes