Start by marking “The Lakeshore Evil” as Want to Read:
The Lakeshore Evil

The Lakeshore Evil

The small town of Lakeshore was always quiet until the tourist season hit in the winter. That was the only reason for media attention...until now. 10 year old Katie Elkton was a sweet child, in spite of the mental and physical abuse she suffered at the hands of her father. One fateful day Katie was found dead at the bottom of the stairs in the basement with almost all of h ...more
Paperback
Published June 29th 2014 by K.C. Harper (first published June 28th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Lakeshore Evil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lakeshore Evil

Maari
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WoW!!
Every chapter is full of surprising twists & turns, many times leaving you breathless! This story is not to be missed!
Sarah Reads "Reading in Sarah's Corner"
Those of you that know me know that I am a big fat chicken when it comes to Horror books. With that said, when K.C. Harper submitted her book to me I knew that I had to try. The synopsis intrigued me. I wanted to know more about this hunted house. I even told K.C. Harper she might have to hold my hand. She promised she would if I needed it. Or she would provide me with a nightlight.

This story is well written and complex. It is full of twist and turns that will keep you on your toes all the way u
Ashley
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: horror fans, mystery fans
Recommended to Ashley by: The Paranormal Bookshelf
Shelves: own, kindle
I received this E-book from the author for an honest review. I am a part of the Review Team @ The Paranormal Bookshelf.

Category: Horror, paranormal, ghosts, mystery
Spoilers: NONE

This is the first book I have read from this author. Not a huge "horror" fan but I'm not going to lie. I enjoyed this book. There were some issues with the editing as there are in most books. The one thing that made this book so enjoyable for me was the fact that I couldn't figure the plot out before being told. As a fa
Christina Boronkas
Speechless.....

Speechless.....

this is one book you have to pay attention to. when you think you know what's going on, the book adds another layer you weren't expecting. I really thought it was Katie through the whole book but you will find out that's incorrect. it is a freaky book for sure and if paranormal is your thing, you will not be disappointed. looking forward to book 2 to see what the author has in-store.
Ry Whiddon
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! The descriptions and back stories are wonderfully written so that the reader can fully understand every aspect of the story the author is trying to portray. There are a lot of characters to meet and you will find yourself trying to place pieces together way before the punchline actually hits. So cuddle up with a nice warm blanket, a cup of tea and this book, just make sure to leave your light on and shut your closet door.
Annie B.
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great Story that sucks you in right from the Start ! Loved it I highly recommend and plus there's a second one !! If you love horror Paranormal books, This one is for you! Thank you Patricia Annette for giving me this great book and making me discover this awesome author. Loved it !!
Tina
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
Started out so so. But quickly took a left turn to awful.
Roxanne Davies
Worth a read if you like horror

I enjoyed this book. I like Griff/Jason's character as I think he's funny. Certain parts of the story didn't really add up for me but I loved how towards the end things make sense and I love how it doesn't have a predictable ending. Also I think the doctor is cool and has a dry sense of humour. I will be reading the 2nd book.
Kim Bishop
*A Paranormaly Yours Book Club R&R*

**Book provided by the author for an honest review**

This story takes place in a small town, with small minds...Kinda reminds me of somewhere, hmm. Anyhoo, the story is mainly about Deidre and this old house. The man that owned it when Deidre was young, was very fond of Deidre and had asked her to try and sell the home to a family since he never had kids and this house was built for them. Deidre was a pretty sound teenager who I thought was going somewhere,
Barbara
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG this should be made into a movie. The Lakeshore Evil by K.C. Harper is a fascinating, spellbinding horror story. The story takes place in the town of Lakeshore. A town known for it's winter tourism, non existing crime and it doesn't take to new residents moving in to their town. This changes when Jacob Reilly dies and leaves his home on 2782 Sedgewood Drive to the town. In April of 1994 the Elkton's, Jonathan, Andrea and their children Griffin and Katie move into this house. Jonathan is an a ...more
Yvonne Davies
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-read
Set in a little town called Lakeshore, this story is about a house and the families that resided there.
Lakeshore survives on winter tourism and it was rare for outsider to move into the community. However a family moves into 2782 Sedgewood Drive, domestic violence was the norm in the family, after one heated argument Katie the daughter fell down the basement stairs and died.
The house went empty for 20 years. The only visitors to it were ghost hunters wanting to see the ghost of Katie. As the t
Leah
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you are squeamish... Give this book a miss. I am not squeamish, so had no problems.

This story has a number of interesting twists and turns. Just when I thought I had a hold of all the threads, a couple slipped through my fingers. I especially loved the final twist ;) I read 80% of this story in one sitting. It is fairly easy to follow, although in a couple of places I found myself re-reading small sections. This could have been because I was tired, or perhaps the flow was a little difficult
Kylie
Apr 05, 2016 added it
Do you believe in ghosts, spirits, the supernatural?
If yes, this book may give you the creeps...

K.C did a fabulous job building up the story from the start. She doesn't give too much away at any given point, but she definitely draws you in.

I'm not going to lie, I'm a little on edge. I believe in the paranormal, and K.C really brought it to life.

There was a short period where a character was referred to as "stalker" to hide said persons identity, but I knew who it was right away. It happens agai
Cassie Brooker
Keeps you coming back for more!

I read this and could not put it down! I wanted something different to read and picked this book out. The title drew in my curiosity and I read it.

It's a great paranormal book that keeps you turning the page. I didn't want to stop but I did to sleep and work but I came back for more.

The story is about a house, 2 families with a use and neglect in the families that create bad energy in a house that stays there for decades.

Lakeshore is a small town that doesn't like
Mindy
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
copy provided for an honest review.

I don't even know where to begin with this book. It gripped me from the beginning and kept me guessing threw out the book. Once I thought I had it figured out there would be a twist that I wasn't expecting but loved.
I love that this book has several characters. It brings the past to the present. This book has it all for a creepy thriller. The combination of mystery and gore are perfect. I did have to stop reading it a while before I went to bed because I jus
Erika
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I didn't really know what to expect when I started reading this book, but I was pleasantly surprised. K.C. rocked it!! It was suspenseful and kept me wondering what was going to happen the whole time. I would think I had it figured out and then, suddenly she would throw me a curveball. Lakeshore is a small town where everyone knows everyone, but there is something about this one one house. The house on 2782 Sedgewood Drive where Jacob Reilly used to live. When he died he left the house to the to ...more
Sue
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is an intriguing little horror story with twists and turns to keep you on your toes.
I like the way the story is laid out and this authors writing style.
Lakeshore seems like a nice little town at first glance but if you go digging into the lives of the residents you'll find a few of them are a bit dark underneath !
If you spook easily, don't do what I did and go reading it when your home alone and it's blowing a gale outside because when the lights start flickering you'll wonder if it's real
Bonny McDevitt
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Seriously WOW! This was an amazing, five star read. I honestly couldn't get enough of it! I would absolutely love to see this rutned into a movie. I am a horror fanatic, and if anyone who loves horror and is looking for a great twisted, bloody, suspenseful book, make sure you grab this in any form and read it!I am not one to give away stories at all. I can not wait for the second book, I can't imagine how amazing it's going to be. EEEKKKKKKKKK I LOVE " The Lakeshore Evil" book so much!!!!!
Paula Ferrari
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing masterpiece. I was literally on the edge of my seat. I could actually imagine what people looked like in their demonic forms. There were surprises around every corner, breathe holding suspense scenes, and laugh out loud sarcastic verbiage. This book was gifted to me from a friend, I highly recommend it as one of the next top 3 must read books. I look forward to reading more works from KC Harper!!!
C.P.
Jul 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
**This book was provided to me free of charge courtesy of GoodReads First Reads Giveaways**

This book ended up being a nice horror/mystery novel. Great for a cold afternoon. The characters were good, plot was interesting. At the end when I finished it wasn't super memorable. It reads like I've read it somewhere before or saw the movie. Not a bad book by any means, definitely worth the time. Just not my favorite.
Dawn
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: free-books, 2014
Looks like I need to actually pay for a well-written book, as a palate cleanser for the free/self-published ones I've been reading lately, if only to get away from the terrible editing. This book reads like it was written by an over-excited teenager who is just CONVINCED someone will want to make a movie out of it. Nice twist ending that I didn't see coming, but that's about all this book has to offer.
Leigh Baird
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
well this book was so far from the smut that I usually read but in no way was that a bad thing. Even though this book freaked the hell outta me I loved it. It was one of those "just one more chapter" book's because you just had to know what was gonna happen next. There were that many twists and turns in this book it kept me intrigued and not wanting it to end.....thank goodness there's another book ;)
Jen
Sep 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not my usual type of book... But my friend was the editor and gave it to me to read.. It was a good story and made me hope it didn't happen in real life and if it did I am glad it didn't happen to me :) One of my favorite lines was "play with me bitch"... Lol... I would have liked to read more about the haunted tours and if they saw Katie.. I will be reading the next in the series... This author has made me a fan!
Meaghan Royce- Love Infinity Book Blog
So, horror books are not really my thing, but I received this from the author and finally got up enough nerve to read it. I am so happy I did because it was such a great book. I love the story and all the different characters. You really never know what is going to happen next, so it's definitely a page turner. Great job, K.C. Harper!!
Marsha
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
The Lakeshore Evil by K.C. Harper took me completely by surprise. From the beginning, I was caught up in the depth and descriptions of the characters. It provided very necessary background information to this really creepy mystery. I loved it. I was on the edge of my seat for the last half of this book. I cannot wait to see where Harper takes me next.
Gloria
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh this booked had me hook, line and sinker from the first page. Every chapter had me guessing what was happening, never did I ever imagine what the end would hold. KC Harper definitely knows how to keep her readers interested and keep you guessing. This is a definite read for everyone. I am so looking forward to the next installment Lakeshore Sanitarium. Wow is all I can say!!!
Chelsi Davis
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given this book in exchange for a review.
I was extremely excited to read this book and thought it had a lot of potential. It was a light horror read. I enjoy horror so it's a little harder to pull me in than most. I did find it entertaining just a little forced at times. I did enjoy the read and feel it was a good plot. I gave it 4 stars. I am looking forward to reading the next one.
Kristin
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, audio, glass-city, series
The Lakeshore Evil was a good book. Slow at the start of the book, but quickly picked up and became a fast pace, page turner. The story was very creative, imaginiative and detailed. It made you think you were there with the characters, living this horror with them. I don't read horror books very often, but I definitely plan to pick up the next book in this series.
Amanda
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
oh my god this book is brilliant, full of twists and turns and scary as hell, I'm not ashamed to say this gem gave me nightmares. So go ahead and read it IF YOU DARE xx. A must read for horror fans x
Lisa
Oct 12, 2014 rated it liked it
This book was a little short for my liking it only took 4 hours to read. I liked the idea of the evil manifesting through the anger and hatred. The story was a little slow to begin with but started to gain my attention eventually.
« previous 1 3 next »
Paranormaly Yours...: Starting The Lakeshore Evil 2 2 Jun 03, 2015 07:29AM
  • Haunted
  • The Reaper Within
  • An Extraordinary Haunting
  • The Cold Room
  • The Lavender Witch
  • First Impression (Shadow Maven #1)
  • Witch Island
  • Song of The Red Wolf
  • Manchester House
  • The Bell Witch
  • Shifted For Love (Pepper Valley Shifters, #1)
  • Healing my Heart (My Heart #2)
  • The Queen of Swords
  • Liv, Forever
  • The Disembodied
  • Layern (The Draglen Brothers,  #3)
  • Sunset Vibrations
  • Don't Turn Back
Born and raised in Seattle, Washington, K.C. Harper is an avid reader of murder/mystery and horror embarking on a journey into the horror genre with "The Lakeshore Evil" as the debut novel. You can follow K.C. Harper on social media.