Start by marking “Poppy (Behind the Words, #3)” as Want to Read:
Poppy (Behind the Words, #3)

Poppy

(Behind the Words #3)

*This book contains adult situations and explicit content/language*

ebook
Published November 10th 2014 by Createspace (first published November 8th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Poppy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poppy

Mel Shank
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Poppy by Savannah Stewart
*was generously provided a copy of POPPY in exchange for a honest review

Poppy by Savannah Stewart is the 3rd book in the Behind the Words series and although it is a stand alone, I would recommend reading ARIANNA and JAYDE first so you understand all the little details.

I have always liked Poppy. I thought she was the one girl in the group of friends that really knew what she wanted, and even though she loves her friends, was not scared to go after what she wanted. Poppy
Ruthie Taylor
Nov 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads."

This is the third book in the series, and I would highly recommend that you read the previous two first, as there is a lot of interlinking plot lines. It was a while since I had, but it all came flooding back, and made it even more enjoyable to read.

These are all stories where love does not come easily (which is after all generally the case!) but over a number of months, and even years, events unfold to show how sometimes
Erika Eck
review to come
Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~
POPPY is the third and final book of Savannah Stewart’s Behind the Words series and an absolutely wonderful conclusion. While the first two book featured the two ladies of the rock duo Daughters of Darkness – Arianna and Jayde – this book centers on Poppy, the duo’s talented hair stylist.
Although it can be read as a standalone, I highly recommend to read the other books first for a better understanding of the whole plot. I loved that events of the previous stories – especially Jayde’s, as their
Angela DeMarco
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A copy of the book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Poppy Taylor has everything in life she could possible want, she's a successful hair, make up, and clothing stylist, to the elite list of musicians, actors, models, celebrities. But the one thing she is missing in her life is the love of a man. She's had her doubts about starting a relationship because of her hectic work schedule, sometimes in life you have no control over what your heart feels and wants.
Meeting Rile
Books&Dreams
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

photo bookwormsreviewicon.jpg

Poppy Taylor is a successful hair, makeup, and clothing stylist with a client list packed full of elite musicians, actors, and celebrities. After months of touring with the bands, The Daughters of Darkness and the platinum selling rock group, From Yesterday, one final night changes everything. Will love evade her, as always, or will she find it in the least likely of places, in the arms of a rebellious rocker she never expected?

Riley Huntington is the bass guitar player for the rock band, From
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

Poppy is the 3rd book in the Behind The Words series by Savannah Stewart, and though it could be read as a stand alone, I would recommend reading the other two books first.

I just gotta say, I love Poppy! She is a one of a kind lady, smart, successful and knows what she wants.

And what she wants is Riley. But she can't have him and it is killing her inside, a little each day. When she finally gets her chance with him, she blows it.

I could understand why she did wha
Dayreader Reviews
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given this ARC in exchange for a honest review (thank you).

Poppy by Savannah Stewart is the third book in the Behind The Words Series. This book can be read as a standalone but would be enjoyed more if you read the other two books first.

Poppy is an amazingly talented stylist to musicians, actors and celebrities. She is beautiful and caring, she loves her friends like family. After touring with The Daughters of Darkness and the rock group From Yesterday that's exactly how she felt about th
Casey Peeler
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Poppy is a one of a kind lady. She’s up on fashion and everything that goes along with it. She’s also the most independent people I’ve ever seen. She knows that a relationship is out of the question due to her schedule and way of life, but the first time she met Riley. She knew that her feelings for him couldn’t stay buried forever. There’s just one problem… Alexis.

Riley has had his on and off again fiancé/girlfriend for YEARS! She has her career and he has his, but he’s completely fed up. When
Catherine
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Poppy is an independent hair stylist / makeup artist. Her current job has her working for the band, From Yesterday. These band members have become good friends with her. One in particular though she had a major crush on, however Rileys on again off again relationship with Alexias kept her from acting on it. When one night during an off again he says it's for good, they end up in bed together, so she when she wakes up she panics and leaves before he wakes and runs to Los Angeles to her next job, ...more
Tanya Vought
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is another book in the BEHIND THE WORDS SERIES that I adored.
I wanted Poppy's book so badly!
I was thrilled to learn she was getting her book and couldn't wait to see what would transpire between her and Riley!

Poppy is a great girl and an phenomenal makeup artist/stylist. I loved her so much! She's not a player, not a whore or one night stand kinda girl! I loved that about her so much! She's amazing, unbelievable and scared. She has a reason to be scared... well deserved one.. but does s
B. Maddox
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I received a complimentary copy of this book for an honest review.

Poppy is the third installment in the Behind the Words series, but it can be read as a standalone. Savannah Stewart hits it out of the park with another homerun. If I could give this book more than five stars I definitely would. This book is filled with love, friendship, drama, music, and so much more.

Savannah Stewart takes you back to moments that occurred through both of her previous books in this series, Arianna and Jayde. Popp
Annie
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m going to keep this review short and sweet since I am afraid I will get run of the fingers and start tossing out spoilers to the wind and since I’m not one to do something like that, it is how it has to be! This is the third book in the Behind the Words Series and yet again Savannah Stewart has hit a home run!! I loved the first 2 books Arianna and Jayde but there was just something about Poppy that just sucked me in from the get go. I also found Riley to be quite addictive …. Hello hot rocke ...more
Katie Silvi
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Poppy is Beautiful

I've never wanted to read about a character more than I did with Riley, add Poppy into this mix and bam you got gold at your fingertips.

When I was first introduced to Riley, in Arianna, I instantly wanted to know more about him. He is the one that always seemed so cool, calm and collected. I could just tell underneath it all there was a complex and broken man. I mean seriously the ones that seem so put together are usually the ones with the most issues.

Poppy and Riley come toge
Cheryl
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review of Poppy (Behind the Word #3) by Savannah Stewart

Review done for Hooked on Books

4 out of 5 stars

Poppy Taylor is on top of the world; at least in her professional life. She is a successful stylist to the stars. On assignment with the band, From Yesterday, Poppy meets Riley Huntington, the bass guitarist.

Poppy has to admire Riley from afar because he is taken.

Hooked On Books
Nov 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review done for Hooked on Books

4 out of 5 stars

Poppy has to admire Riley from afar because he is taken.

Riley is a bad boy rock star; at least that is what he lets people believe. He is a rocky relationship that is off more than it is on. He isn’t the one-nightstand type of guy.

During on of h
Michelle Sneed
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book! I was excited for this release because I knew the story involved Riley and I have been curious about him since I read Arianna. I loved that Poppy's story gives you her point of view (and Riley's) during events that happened in Arianna and Jayde.

Poppy introduces the reader to Riley and Poppy's story. Poppy appears to be career oriented, and definitely not interested in a relationship, until Riley becomes available. Riley's complicated relationship status seems to th
She Hearts Books
Oct 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Poppy and Riley share a night of passion right before she is getting ready to leave for LA. He was supposedly broken up with his on and off again girlfriend/fiancee, but after Poppy leaves he goes back to her. For months both of them go on with their lives and miss each other terribly. It takes something pretty scary happening for Riley to get his head together and seriously pursue Poppy.

I so loved Poppy and her friends. She and her besties share quite a banter that definitely flows out of thei
Soraya A Bejar
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Love this author & the (Behind the Words ) series. The characters are warm, strong & real. The storyline is gut so breathtaking beautiful & the sex scenes have you holding your breath & sighing. This being the third in the series I want to say how much I loved the Riley from the very first book. He is so tortured but so perfect for Poppy ( & truthfully he would be perfect for anyone). If you like stories with some depth I recommended you read this story.

I hope to see
Mary Bailey
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Savannah Stewart has done it again with the thrid installment of The Behind The Words Series. Poppy is a very strong independent woman who career is going to the top, but then Riley Hunnington (who is so yummy) comes into the picture and turns her world upside down. Can they both get it together to get there happy ever after? This book puts you through the ringer with all the ups and downs and I loved every minute of it. Savannah is an amazing author and I recommand everyone of her books. Defint ...more
Kelly Pullen
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Poppy is great.

I never realized how truly big her part in these stories were. Without her they would fallen apart quickly. She was a great back character that needed her own story. You ave her a beautiful one that was worth the fight. Her and Riley were the perfect match. Any love story that makes me laugh and cry is considered fantastic in my book. I think everyone will love. Just read the whole series so it all makes sense. It's well worth the few bucks. I just adored it.
A Ngela
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Savannah Stewart hit this out of the park. Poppy is the third in her "Behind the Words" series. This can be read as part of the series , but it is also a stand alone book. It is full of Love, friendship and angst. I absolutely recommend this if you are looking for a love story that will keep you turning the pages. Cannot wait for Savannah's next bool.
Amanda Huth
This is a wonderful book. Savannah Stewart did a great job.
Chelly Peeler
Oct 28, 2014
Jessica Raley
Jul 20, 2014
Oct 27, 2014
Ariel
rated it did not like it
Mar 27, 2015
Supermom
Mar 08, 2015
Lori
Apr 07, 2015
Susan
Feb 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
From the Bourbon Capital of the World, Bardstown, Kentucky, Savannah likes to dabble in multiple genres.

She's a jack-of-all-trades and book-a-holic who loves music, films, photography, binge watching series, and traveling.

One of her favorite quotes is
"Love is the beauty of the soul."

She loves to hear from readers, so be sure to email her at: savannah@authorsavannahstewart.com

Behind the Words (3 books)
  • Arianna (Behind the Words, #1)
  • Jayde (Behind the Words, #2)