Start by marking “Little Blue Truck” as Want to Read:
Little Blue Truck

Little Blue Truck (Little Blue Truck)

4.46  ·  Rating details ·  9,455 Ratings  ·  587 Reviews
Beep! Beep! Beep! Meet Blue. A muddy country road is no match for this little pick up--that is, until he gets stuck while pushing a dump truck out of the muck. Luckily, Blue has made a pack of farm animal friends along his route. And they're willing to whatever it takes to get their pal back on the road.
Filled with truck sounds and animals noises, here is a rollicking hom
Published May 1st 2008 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Little Blue Truck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Blue Truck

Jessica
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books, own
My toddler is obsessed with this book. We have to read it every morning as soon as he wakes up. He's three, and he's been going through that phase where they won't sit still and you can't read to them, and then suddenly WHAM he loves this book and can't get enough. I usually have to read it, then Little Owl Lost, Sheep in a Jeep, and then Little Blue Truck again. And that's okay! All the rhymes scan, I love the art, and it's not annoying! Hooray for board books that a mommy can read over and ove ...more
Kathryn
Mar 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What a treat! I love the blend of farm animals, vehicles, and rhymes--all popular with little ones; when combined in such a winsome and skilled fashion, with Schertle's fine text and McElmurry's adorable, expressive illustrations, they make one great story about friendship, compassion, humility and staying true to yourself. This would make a superb read-aloud!
Crystal Allen
Feb 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone who likes kids books
I LOVE this book. It has such wonderful rhythm and rhyme making it the perfect book to read aloud.

"Horn went 'Beep!'
Engine purred.
Friendliest sounds
you ever heard."

Little Blue Truck is friends with all of the barnyard animals, he is always nice to everyone. Meanwhile big, mean Dumptruck has no time for anyone smaller than him and thinks he's the biggest, most important thing around. Then Dumptruck gets stuck in the mud and since he's been so mean no one wants to help him out...

"His heavy-du
Kimberly
I don't know how I missed reading this one before today! This book is adorable. Fantastic rhythm, great sound effects, and a lovely story to boot. I suspect this will become a favorite in our house.

Used in "Cars and Trucks" storytime 5/23/17.
Big Max
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beep, Beep Beep! With the help of all your friends anything is possible.
Marcus
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My favorite book to read to my daughter at bedtime. Of all the board books, I never get tired of this one.
Jack
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Trucks, animals and learning about friendship. Beep, beep, beep!!
Traci
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful illustrations and a fun story.
Mattingly Swistock
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this is such a good book! I have read this so many times to my little brother and likes making all the noises.
Diana Murray
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Catchy! Kids will love doing the sounds.
Refrigerated vans 1 1 Jun 07, 2017 08:56PM
  • My Truck is Stuck!
  • Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site
  • Otis
  • Roadwork
  • Where Do Diggers Sleep at Night?
  • The Goodnight Train
  • Charley Harper ABCs: Chunky Edition
  • Hello, Day!
  • 1-2-3 Peas
191218
Alice Schertle has written more than 40 books, mostly for children. A mother and former elementary school teacher, Ms. Schertle is a graduate of the University of Southern California. Many of her most famous works are poetic in nature, though she writes about a wide variety of topics.
More about Alice Schertle...

Little Blue Truck (5 books)
  • Little Blue Truck Leads the Way