Start by marking “A Time to Mend (Safe Harbor #1)” as Want to Read:
A Time to Mend (Safe Harbor #1)

A Time to Mend (Safe Harbor #1)

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  261 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
An unopened gift. A broken vow. A tragic fire. Sometimes there are wounds that even time can't heal.

Max and Claire Beaumont seem to have the perfect marriage. They live in a beautiful home, have four wonderful children and everything else that success and money can buy. Yet beneath this picture-perfect exterior, Claire's life is falling apart. She can no longer hold her pe
Published January 8th 2008 by Thomas Nelson (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about A Time to Mend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Time to Mend

Lola
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was too good. Couldn't put it down until it was finished. A lot of lessons in there. Made me think.
Jen
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book brought me to tears so many times.
Elaine
Nov 24, 2008 rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the characters and story of this book. I did not like that it had a ton of religion thrown in - if it wasn't in the last third of the book, I may have put it down and not finished to find out what happens.
Kimberly Lewis
May 16, 2008 rated it it was ok
The message regarding marriage and how partners need to provide emotional safety was good. The vehicle was altogether way too sappy for my personal taste. I like my literature to unfold and I like to figure things out for myself. This one is preachy and is akin to being hit over the head with a frying pan. I am consoled by the fact that it was a gift, not something I picked out myself. If nothing else, it drives home my preference for character development and a compelling plot. Everything was s ...more
Cindi
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Max and Claire's marriage falls apart and Claire moves out. This is a good story that reflects on how many couples struggle.

The difficulties are realistic. The characters certainly have their flaws. I liked how the perceptions of a situation are so different between men and women. This story has depth that digs into the root of how a marriage can collapse and how it affects the whole family.

I'm looking forward to the second book in the Safe Harbor series to see what the Beaumont family will fac
Natasha  Briggs
Jan 06, 2014 rated it liked it
From the outside Max and Claire are living the perfect happy life with a great marriage. On the inside Claire feels like she has been swallowed whole. She is in search of a safe place as home doesn't feel the same to her anymore.

She goes on a life searching journey trying to rediscover who she is and where she came from.

This book tells you all about marriage and real life situations that people face everyday.
Vicki Lanzendorf
Jul 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Read this one quickly, due to sitting in hospital waiting room and being on vacation. Started second in series as soon as I finished this one! Makes one think about complacency and "settling" in a marriage and family.

Anita Scholtens
Feb 19, 2008 rated it it was ok
This was an ok book. I would not recommend it. It was about a couple and their midlife crisis. You know - man works and it is his life line and woman stays at home and feel neglected... blah blah blah - get a hobby.
Mcw
Mar 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
At the end of the day, it was a good read. I usually love and devour all that Sally John writes, but this one was really sloooow to get through. The characters were all not likeable and I just couldn't get in to it at all.
  • Waiting for Daybreak
  • The Living End
  • Into the Deep (Rock Harbor #3)
  • Gardenias for Breakfast
  • Reconstructing Natalie
  • Flies on the Butter
  • Tears in a Bottle
  • UNIX for Dummies
  • The Resurrection File (Chambers of Justice, #1)
  • Nothing But the Right Thing (Spirit and Soul #2)
  • Days & Hours (Rachael Flynn, #3)
  • Auto da Fay
  • Math Magic: The Human Calculator Shows How to Master Everyday Math Problems in Seconds
  • Eyes of Elisha
  • The Complete Humorous Sketches and Tales of Mark Twain
  • A Perfect Love (Heavenly Daze #4)
  • Hunting the Corrigan's Blood (Cadence Drake, #1)
  • The Kindly Ones
Sally John is the best-selling author of twenty novels, including the Side Roads series, the Safe Harbor series (coauthored with Gary Smalley), The Other Way Home series, The Beach House series, and In a Heartbeat series. A three-time finalist for the Christy Award, Sally writes contemporary stories that offer hope to readers in their own relational and faith journeys. She enjoys teaching writing ...more
More about Sally John...

Safe Harbor (3 books)
  • A Time to Gather  (Safe Harbor #2)
  • A Time to Surrender (Safe Harbor #3)