Start by marking “Resist (Resist, #1)” as Want to Read:
Resist (Resist, #1)

Resist

(Resist #1)

Allegra Maxwell is sick of the monotony of life. It's all work and no play, and right now she wants to play. She shows up at her company's yearly meeting with one goal in mind: have a one night stand with a stranger. What she doesn't count on is Devlin Pierce walking through the door.

When Allegra first met Devlin, she knew he would be nothing but trouble. After he proved h
Published August 26th 2014 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc. (first published August 8th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Resist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resist

Shurrn
Short, Sweet, & Steamy!
"...I have a love-hate relationship with relationships. I want one, but I hate the dickheads I keep finding. Because of this, I'm in a perpetual horny state. And a girl can only rely on her vibrator for so long. It's not the same as the real thing, not remotely."
I know this looks like an office hook-up romance, but that's not quite accurate. Devlin and Allegra work for a large company, but nowhere near each other.

This entire book takes place over the course of on
Patty
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
**Originally posted on Bookish Wanderlove.**

★★★. 5!

Opening Lines
"This is a mistake.
Not pairing the silver stilettos with y brand new blue dress-no, that was genius. The mistake is coming here tonight when I should have stayed in my hotel room. It's not like I couldn't come up with a believable excuse. I'm relatively good under pressure. Not to mention the fact that lounging in nothing but a robe and watching from my window as the sun sets behind the Manhattan skyline sounded exceptionally better
Juletta Gilge
Nov 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
*Copy provided by author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

Check out the full review at Bookaholic Raves

The plotline, a gif summary.

newgirl gif photo: tumblr_lvuwpllRtv1r203gf.gif

newgirl gif photo: tumblr_lvuwr6hsmA1r203gf.gif

jess new girl gif photo: new girl cookies_zps07f48572.gif

The end.

But really, this novella was great. It was pretty much non-stop sex, but when has that ever been an issue. I loved Allegra and Devlin both. It was interesting to watch them interact. With the way Allegra left things, I feel bad for Devlin, and look forward to the second part of this story.

I look forward to reading the next one, and other t
Keep Calm Novel On
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
*I received an ARC eBook from the author in exchange for an honest review.*

We meet Allegra Maxwell at an annual company dinner in New York City. She is professionally successful and has worked hard to climb to the top of the company she works for. But with all her success in her career she is feeling a personal void.
Allegra would love to find the ‘ONE’ to share her life with but tonight she will settle for a one-night stand. This is not usually her style but she needs it in so many ways.
What Al
Heather
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
*I received an arc of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Allegra is on a mission. It's been way too long since she's had sex and she's tired of waiting for the right guy to come along. So she plans on having a one night stand with the first hot guy she sees. However, Devlin finds her first. Allegra caught him cheating, a year ago, and has refused to speak to him since. After a very sexual tension filled conversation she decides he's perfect to fulfill the mission. And boy, does he! Over
Mandy
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, love-love-love
I loved this! Allegra is on a mission - she wants one night of passion and sex with no strings. It's been a year and two months since she was sexually satisfied. Devlin caught Allegra's attention last year but because of a misunderstanding, she got upset and left before they could explore the chemistry between them. Devlin is determined to not let that happen again and he wants to help Allegra accomplish her mission and give her one not of hot sex in every position. This novella was incredibly h ...more
Rob
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have to totally disagree with my co-reviewer on this! Michelle thought this book was over cheesy but I didn’t. I thought the author did a great job at making Devlin sound like a man. Yes he was more of thoughtful man, a man who actually wore his heart on his sleeve and if that what makes him cheesy then so be it! I felt he had the right amount of romantic gestures coupled with a healthy arrogance/control to be a great character.

Allegra had decided she needed a night of unadulterated passion wi
Lilly Avalon
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Oh, hi there lovely people!

Resist is my second release (August 26th!!!), and one I'm extremely excited about. I love love loved writing this one. It's steamy with a hint of sweet. Allegra and Devlin had me fanning myself more than once. Those sexy little troublemakers...

What do you have to look forward to if you pick this novella up?

(Possibly some of this...)

(Definitely a touch of this...)

Oh yeah...

Can YOU resist?

XOXO,
Lilly Avalon
Dirty Dayna
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this via netgalley and the publisher for an honest review.
5 Elevator Sex Stars!
Allegra is on the mission to kill her 1 yr sex hiatus and she wants a random hookup.
Devlin is her bosses nephew and shes had the hots for him since they met.
Devlin propositions Allegra for one night of sex without strings and what occurs is a sexy mix of hot action… However Allegra is developing feelings for Devlin so when he falls asleep she escapes out of his room packs and gets on the next f
Diana
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
** Received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review**

A really fun and sexy book.

This story follows Allegra and Devlin....
Allegra, successful and driven, is still quite unsuccessful in the 'love' department.
She yet decides to give in to the temptation of a one night stand, just one, only to get over this dry spell...
But, as we can all guess, one night is never going to be enough for either Al or Devlin...

The plot was quick and hold a lot of promise...!
Can't wait for the second insta
Tracy Ehlers
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a ARC ebook copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Well from start to finish I completed this novella in one sitting. Story was captivating and held my attention a real page turner.. The writing was descriptive and entertaining.

Allegra a woman on a mission, find a guy for a one night stand, hopefully easing the frustration from over a year with out sex! After a one night stand the hunt would begin for the ONE! What Allegra wasn't expecting was the entry of Devlin Pierce.
Colleen
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I really love this book!
The two characters hit it off great.
I hope for a second one and can't wait!
I really love this book, although I just hate a cliffhanger!
I highly recommend this book.
Krista Jenks
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgalley
This was a really awesome book to read. This was the first time i read this author. Allegra was sick of tired of being alone and being celibate. She had not had sex with anybody in over a year. So Allegra was determined to attend her annual company meeting and have a one night stand that will satisfy her and not make her feel uncomfortable. As Allegra is scouting out her options at the company dinner she notice the one man she never wanted to see again it was Devlin. He broke her heart the last ...more
Debbie Hanson
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this ARC in exchange for a review. happy to say I loved this book although despite the small size of it. if you are looking fire a quick, fun, hot read this is it.
we meet Allegra Maxwell at her company yearly meeting, and she 1 goal for the night. find a man to rock her world in a one night stand. she struggles with the whole relationship thing so a one night stand is the perfect senario.... until one Devlin Peirce makes his appearance.
Allegra and Devlin have a history that didn't e
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
ARC provided by publisher through NetGalley for an honest review.

3.5 ONE NIGHT STAND STARS

Allegra is at her company's annual dinner in New York, when she runs into Devlin Pierce. Her bosses nephew and the guy who ticked her off at last years even. It seems that after a night of flirting, Allegra later found Devlin kissing some blonde. Now he wants to explain what really happened, but Allegra wants nothing to do with him. Actually her only intention is to have a one night stand with some strang
Claire
Feb 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book in return for my honest review

I really liked this book, so 4.5.stars from me

I was hooked to the story from the first paragraph, and read the book in two short sittings. Both characters had likable features, I thought Allegra was strong and self assured and Devlin was smart, sexy, and honest.

I enjoyed the plot line, which was fast paced and easy to read, my only critique would be that I didn't fully get what happened between them at the previous years event. I understand that
Spunky N Sassy
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
~~~~~~~~~~Dee's 5 Star Review~~~~~~~~~~

This prequel is the beginning of a delectable series. It's all about the resistance of Allegra's attraction to Devlin. Reading the conversation between the two as he seduces her is very entertaining. Her off the cuff replies are amusing. Ms. Avalon certainly has a way with words making the dialogue both interesting and realistic. The inner debate of Allegra's mind is also enlightening. The majority of the pages covers the raging fire ignited between the two
Brandi Reeves-Pearson (Saints and Sinners Books)
What an amazingly written novella! I really enjoyed reading this hot and steamy romance. What can I say? I love short and to the point novels, and this is exactly the kind of book I enjoy the most. Allegra is one tough cookie. She speaks her mind and isn’t afraid to work for what she wants. Unfortunately she hasn’t had the best of luck with men, and when Devlin walks into the room, she isn’t sure of what she wants. I was jumping for joy when the two hit it off finally!! They had passion and of c ...more
Rebecca Waldron
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC free and here is my review.... As I am one for not re telling a story, I will give a full honest review. Allegra is looking for a one night stand to appease her sexual parts. It's been over a year for her. Here is where the sexy assed Devlin comes in.... They met a year before, and there was for sure attraction! A miss understanding happens, and well, nothing came of that. Until now! Devlin reads Allegra very well, and makes her an offer. After a little... persuasion, the sex ...more
Azahara Arenas (Living in Our Own Story Blog)
Even though Resist is kind of a short story, it will capture your attention from the very first moment. The story is sexy, addictive and it will leave you wanting to know more about Allegra and Devlin.

Truth is I felt it was kind of short but in reality Lilly Avalon managed to describe in just some chapters what other authors need to tell in 200 pages. Her writing style is passionate and real, and her characters are believable and interesting.

All in all I have to say that I really liked Resist an
Heather andrews
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love these characters especially Devlin, he's just so cocky and full of confidence, "he sits down casually on the stool next to me. "I'm just here for a drink. Oh, and to talk about that almost kiss in front of the elevator." Allegra that girl knows how to go after what she wants, "I rip off his belt, then swiftly unbutton and unzip his pants. My fingers wrap around him through his boxers. "S***," he mumbles, cupping my cheek. "You're going to be the death of me." I can't wait to see what happ ...more
Irish
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ngnr-reviews
A business woman who has set her career as her main priority which became the main reason why she hasn't have the chance to get out and meet someone to set her needs off. At a gala she met him, her boss's nephew, and all the smart ass remarks, sass and teasing sparked a hot night of no strings. Flirty and lots and lots of foreplay, this book exploded in one hot romance. The first book I've read from the author and I was not disappointed.
Dragonglimer
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Received an advanced reader copy for an honest review
Ok I went into the review knowing that there was a part 2,and I SO need to read it. Lilly created very well written characters. I loved the fact that the sex scenes were steamy but not so graphic that it will pull you out of the story. I was drawn into the story immediately until the end. I think that Devlin sounded so sexy in the story and makes me want to go find my own Devlin..
Barbara
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotic, short-read
Resist is an amazing read from Lilly Avalon. I loved the story, the characters, and the author's writing is first class. I love Devlin, he's my new book boyfriend, he's smart, sexy, love his dirty mouth, not too dirty just enough. And Devlin knows how to dance salsa. He's perfect!!! Allegra is smart, beautiful, sexy, and she wants Devlin. Their foreplay is Hot!!! I can't wait to read more from this author.
Rafeeee
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*This was ARC*

I really liked this book.
There was chemistry between characters, and I liked both of them. He was confident, but not cocky (which is a big turn off for me). Perfect male character.

I only didn't get why she was so upset with last year, and what really happened between them.
Also, this story was too short. I want more, ASAP!!!
Medavis66
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Resist? Heck no! Allegra knew Devlin was yummy last year. He's at the meeting again this year...and he's still delicious. Last year something happened. Was it a misunderstanding? He sure is persistant. One night. That's all she was looking for anyway, but with Devlin, it may not be enough.

ARC provided in exchange for honest review.
Christy Tyler
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Hotter than hot! Resist is the perfect title for this could not put it down tale. They met a year ago and the sparks were off the charts but before anything could happen, Devlin proves to be a douche and not worth Allegra's time. A year later, they run into each other again and the sexual tension is too hard to resist. A real page turner with a WTF ending. Great read.
Stacy
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC rebook copy in exchange for an honest review...

Allegra is on a mission to have a one night stand with a stranger. Unfortunately, Devlin has different ideas and the sexual tension is off the charts. Will their past get in the way? You'll have to read and find out.

This novella is a fun and steamy read. I can't wait to see what happens next with Devlin and Allegra!
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I received this as an ARC. Although short, it's well written and entertaining. I love the chemistry between the characters, as well as their playfulness. I look forward to hearing more of Allegra & Devlin's story
Paula Moore
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received an arc of this book in exchange for an honest review

i loved it and i can't wait to see what happens next
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Chasing the Dream (Dream, #3)
  • Brit Boys: On Boys
  • Momo: My Everything
  • In Another Life & Eight Days
  • The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
  • Essentialism: Bridgette & Troy's Story (Life. Destiny. Fate., #3)
  • Bishop's Angel
  • My First, My Last
  • Gay for Pay (All Cocks #1)
  • Hooked On You
  • I am Not Your Melody
  • Baring It All
  • Parker's Passion (Tryst Island, #6)
  • Theirs to Play (Billionaire Games, #1)
  • Somethin' Dirty (Country Fever #4)
  • Crave (The Devil and the Diamond, #1)
  • Rain on Me (Shelter From the Storm, #1)
  • Bound by the Buccaneer (Pirates of the Jolie Rouge Trilogy, #2)
Lilly Avalon is the thirty-something author of the RESIST series and other romance books. She started to pen her first erotica at twelve years old, but her mom found the "dirty story" and threw it away, which was just as well because it wasn't that good. At all. Luckily, she continued to write stories for years until she rediscovered her love of sexy tales in her late twenties.

Lilly currently resi