Start by marking “The Science of Attraction (Expats, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Science of Attraction (Expats, #1)

The Science of Attraction

(Expats #1)

Kate Ramsey is at the top of her game.

She’s the hot new recruit at the most prestigious research institute in Germany, and she’s determined to live up to the hype — even if it means working day and night. Stress relief comes in the form of a no-nonsense affair with her neighbor, who also happens to be the director of the institute. Who says sex should be anythi
ebook
Published May 26th 2014 by Verity Jacobs

To ask other readers questions about The Science of Attraction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Science of Attraction

Genre –Romance
Type – Stand Alone
Cliffhanger - No
Rating – 3.75 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy generously provided by the Author in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts - Story
What a cute and sexy read…from the beginning to the end, I found myself constantly squirming in my seat with the need and want to find sexual satisfaction. To be honest though I found myself getting frustrated at Kate for letting Rob take advantage of her and putting work ahead of everything.

Book – The Science of Attraction
Cliffhanger - No
Rating – 3.75 out of 5 Stars

My Thoughts - Story

Re-Cap
Tom is the hot, new recruit in the lab located in Germany. Kate is trying to keep her hormones under control because above all else…her job is the most important thing.  While having a secret relationship with her boss, how the hell is she going to keep her attraction to Tom under wraps?

Tom doesn’t give up though and continually tries to get Kate to say “Yes”

Will they get caught? Will Rob find out? And what will Kate decide—the man or the career?

Reason for Reading – Author request
Content Flow – 4 out of 5 Stars
Told In – Kate POV
Heroine/Personality – Kate – frustrating at times, but cute and independent
Hero/Personality – Tom – dedicated and knows what he wants
HEA (Spoiler) - (view spoiler)
Would Read More from Author? Yes
Recommend To – anyone who loves a cute romance
Michelle
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Copy provided by author in exchange of honest review

[image error]

Attraction is all about CHEMISTRY!!! So when you come across a book that finally that made SCIENCE SEXY...the inner nerdy science lover in me was thrilled to read The Science of Attraction by Verity Jacobs. A sexy, witty, funny, and smart romance that takes place in a lab. Bonds are forming, chemistry is heating up, and two sexually attracted characters are thinking of each other periodically.

#TheScience of Attraction

Kate is a scientist based in Germany working and running a resreview
[image
Rebecca Waldron
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was sent this book after reading a snippet that I thought sounded good. As I started reading, it took me a lttle bit to get in to it. So glad I stuck with it! Most books I read start with sex and love or lust instantly. I was soo glad that though there was anitial attraction, it took time for things to really develope. You get with this, a love triangle that is so wrong, but so good! This book is worth the read! I laughed, got mad and wanted to cry while reading! The story was incredibly well ...more
Lisa Mccrey
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
That's the question I need answered! Between hot nerds and hot teachers I'm starting to realize that I need to remain in fiction-land because they definitely aren't that hot in the real world dammit!!

Kate is a Biologist from London but based in Germany running a team of two scientists, Margot and Tek. Everything is going swimmingly until a new scientist shows up threatening her comfy lab space.

Tom is smart, sexy and southern. His southern charm is getting the ladies in th
Abi
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, romance, adult
This was a very fun and fast read. Tom and Kate were both on fire. Their relationship was very hot, intense and romantic. Both of the characters were smart in their respective professions and pretty entertaining. Thank god there was no love triangle or major drama. I would love to read a sequel if there is one :D.
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Copy received from the author for an honest review

I read book 2 of this series (The Music of Temptation) before I read The Science of attraction, so I was already curious about Kate and Tom.

And I was so glad that I went back and read book one.

The Science of Attraction is one sexy, smouldering read. I am not one for the insta-love relationships. Insta-lust, yeah, we have all been there, but I loved the burn of Kate and Tom's relationship.

I gotta say, Kate's "friend with benefits" and boss Rob is a douche. I could not like a thing
C
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica, favorites
++Copy Received for Review++

Have you ever started reading a book and when you HAVE to put it down to attend to real life duties it just drives you nuts until you can get back to the chapter where you left off? Yep, that was this book. I was writing the rest of the story in my head until I could get back to reading it. Thankfully, my story was no where near as good as Ms. Jacobs. This is a fun read, an enjoyable story that is well written.

What a refreshing story plot in th
Renita
Dec 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
*copy received from Author in exchange for an honest review*

(full review over at http://booknerdianworld.blogspot.com/...)

The sexual tension between Kate and Tom is almost tangible from the very moment they meet, which gives such a steamy buildup that had me eager for them both to finally just give in to it already! It wasn't unnecessarily long and drawn out though which was such a relief. The entire span of them fighting and ultimately giving in felt natural. There was humor and genuine humanness that made Kate so
Susi
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Here’s a fun and sexy read that I really enjoyed and know you will too. This debut by Verity Jacobs was a treat. I’m a sucker for romance and especially when the romance takes place in the workplace. Workplace romances always deliver lots of sexy tension between the characters. The Science of Attraction has that tension, humor, science talk, and romance.

The heroine, Kate is an intelligent and well regarded scientist. I love her. Reading about a brainy scientist was a refreshing chang
Leslie
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Who knew science was so damn sexy?! I mean to me science is the horrible drudgery that you had to snooze through in school. If my science teacher was as hot as Tom Baker, I may have passed. ;)

So we have Tom and Kate two scientists that have the hots for each other and have to deny their instincts. So yeah that lasts for like 2.5 seconds!! They have instant chemistry that made me want to drag Tom off to a corner....

Ahem! Anyway... After they finally give into their attract
Spunky N Sassy
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
~~~Dee's Review~~~

Kate and Tom are strongly attracted to each other at first meeting. But they cannot, MUST NOT act on those feelings for it would endanger both of their careers as researching scientists as well as the future of the lab. Despite denial and good intentions, the magnetic pull overrides all self control and plunges them into hiding their affair.

As head of research, Kate is responsible for the fallout if their actions are revealed. The skillful writing portrays those fe
Sherry
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I had mixed feelings as I began reading The Science of Attraction by Verity Jacobs. I mean I have quite a few friends who have obtained the PhD in some science or another. They have and are still conducting research in their various areas. However, each of them have a weird quirky sense of humor and plain ole everyday weird tendencies. I am forever grateful I met them before they got too awkward and a can appreciate their beautiful minds. Nevertheless, I find their research admirable but unless ...more
Moon Love
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
First of all let me tell you how much I enjoyed this subject matter. It's not often one reads about a brilliant heroine, or even hero for that matter. Attractive, yes, but smart, no. To have a romance take place in the settings of a lab was brilliant. It felt like the environment was fresh and so hopefully what happened in the story would be fresh too.

I can certainly say the romance between Kate and Tom was hot. As in I needed to fan myself to calm myself down. They started mentally
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-arcs
Who knew that so much heat could be generated in a lab without Bunsen burners? Who knew that science could be so much fun? Kate Ramsey has made great strides professionally and is one of the youngest biologists to lead a team of her own. She’s also involved in a secret relationship with her much older boss, but she is satisfied with her life.

Until Tom Baker arrives. Tom with the face and body of a cover model. That Texan drawl. And brains. The first time their eyes meet, it’s instant
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is not your typical boy loves girl. The story is about an incredible and beautiful young woman that is working with PhD students to achieved their doctoral in Science. So what happens when you put in a story a hot scientist with a very hot and very gorgeous scientist? Well you will have to read to find out.

Kate Ramsey was happy with her life, she had a great job, but her relationship with her boss was not what she had hoped for. Being secrecy about their romance was somethi
Lita Thomas
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC for an honest review.This is the story of Kate a very accomplished scientist at a research facility in Bonn Germany. She is the head of her own lab at a young age but she is also having an affair with the Director of the facility. Rob is a well know scientist and the head of a very prestigious research facility in Bonn Germany and his having an affair with an employee Kate which is not allowed. Kate is Rob’s dirty little secret because at this point all she really is is a boot ...more
Allison
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it

My 4 star review of The Science of Attraction

This is my first Verity Jacobs book, and it won’t be my last. It was well written, and super witty. I really enjoyed the plot and the development of the characters was great.

Kate is a scientist at a research facility in Germany. She is actually the head of the lab, which is uncommon for someone so young. But I really enjoyed her spirit. She is actually having an affair with the director of this facility, which is totally taboo
Autumn
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2015
Kate Ramsey is all about business. She has worked so hard to gain a foothold in the competitive world of research. Even her love life has taken a back seat to her ambition. She keeps a comfortable (but secret) relationship with her boss, Rob and everything seems to be right on track. Until the arrival of Dr. Tom Baker.

Tom is gorgeous, talented and far too sexy for his own good. He is a distraction that Kate can hardly afford. Now neither of them can deny their overwhelming attraction
Lisa
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, blog-reads
The Science of Attraction by Verity Jacobs is a quirky, steamy, well-paced romantic story of complicated situations, work ethics, secret lovers, hidden desires, and finding your way to what your heart truly wants.

Kate has a secret relationship going on with her boss but the new guy in her lab is driving her crazy in his pursuit. She can't give him a real reason to turn him down and doesn't want her boss to see his flirting.

What happens when your heart wants something that seems impossibl
Mags Pereira
Nov 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
You know those dirty thoughts you have when you see a really hot guy? The things you say in that dirty little head of yours and the very graphic images that cross it? Well, Kate is just like that! She shares with us her thoughts about the very hot new scientist Tom! Those were some hot fantasies she was having and I couldn't wait until they became a reality for her.
***full review coming to smibookclub.com***
Night Reader
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My full review can be found here.
Iza
Aug 30, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
I really didn't like her. I read the book until the end, but really, I often thought about DNFing it.
She's making her life more complicated than it is, she's cheating on her boyfriend. Said boyfriend is conveniently away from the country when her new affair begins, he's conveniently not so good a guy as it seems, he turns from a rather normal guy at the beginning (she's sleeping with his boss, the boss doesn't want it to be known, I can understand it, but it doesn't make him an awful guy).
Just another reader
Feb 02, 2015 rated it liked it
I was provided with a digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

The story revolves around Kate, an ambitious London-based scientist in Germany, running her own lab. Kate is someone who can't let get anything between her and her career goals - even her love-life. She has a secret affair with the director of her institute, and has morals lose enough that she didn't bat an eyelid in doing so. Her life is going according to her calculations. Except, she didn't count for
Tamara
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Kate and Tom are extremely likable characters that have great chemistry – not only in the work environment, but sexually as well. These two could not keep their hands off each other and at times I was comparing them to minks or rabbits, because they were constantly having sex – All.The.Time. In between all the hot sex, the conversations were witty and very entertaining.

The synopsis may lead you to believe that there is a love-triangle in this story, but really, there isn't. The relationsh
Silvia
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on my blog, Darkest Sins.

I discovered this book thanks to a review of another blogger and I got instantly curious about it. So, when the author contacted me asking if I wanted to review her novel, I couldn't really resist. Now I'm not just happy I read it, I also encourage other readers to try this book because it's not just good but original, too!

Who said smart people can't be sexy as well? I didn't and, if you did, this novel will prove you wro
Mae Wood
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Note: I bought this book. I was not provided a review copy.

I highly recommend this to any fan of contemporary romance/ romantic erotica who is tried of the female lead tripping over her own two feet or being naive.

Kate is smart and pulled together and comes unglued when she meets her match in Tom. They are hot together, no doubt, but I like how he fell for her -- seeing her give a paper at a conference. I love it when a man becomes smitten before the woman even knows of his existenc
Andrea
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Science of Attraction was such a fun read. Lately it seems that hot, nerdish, scientists are the new black. Or biker/rockstar, as it were. Not gonna lie, I think I can get behind this trend because you know what, smart and focused is HOT. Especially when the attention to detail is trained on you, amirite?

Ahem. So what we have here is a fun, sexy workplace romance between Kate and Tom, more than mildy complicated by her sometimes-but not serious boss/lover Rob. I know what you're
JG
Feb 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Verity Jacob's The Science of Attraction is all out sexy, steamy erotica which was almost comedic but definitely still a love story between a woman at the height of her scientific career and the man who tempts her to toss out all sensibilities for their secret affair. This was quite fun to read especially when its the woman who is the boss and juggling one affair with her own boss and definitely falling for her junior. Kate's confusion and all out drooling for Tom while trying to keep it secret ...more
Stacy
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was given to me in exchange for an honest review. When I first read the details of this book, I thought it probably wasn't for me. Scientists and Science didn't seem like it would be my type of reading. I am glad I gave it a chance because Kate is a hot mess. Kate is the lead scientist in a lab in Bonn, Germany. She has been secretly dating her boss Rob for over a year (no one could know). Neither Rob nor Kate wanted to jeopardize their job or their work with an affair of the heart. Ro ...more
Ivy
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was gifted this book in exchange for an honest review.

Spoiler Free

I'll be completely honest it took a couple chapters for me to get into this book BUT when I got into it, I was INTO it. It's an adult book. You have a couple that is in (what I would consider) a mutually beneficial relationship. You have a employee getting involved with a boss, and a boss getting involved with an employee. The main players are intelligent, sexy and sassy.

I loved the interaction between the two, wel
Verity Jacobs is a reformed scientist, who left the lab when she fell in love with writing about love. She lives with her husband and baby girl in London, where she dreams by day and writes all night long. She is addicted to the heart flutters and stomach flips of the fictional romance world.

Expats (2 books)
  • The Music of Temptation (Expats, #2)