Start by marking “Love on the Lifts (Follow Your Heart)” as Want to Read:
Love on the Lifts (Follow Your Heart)

Love on the Lifts

Pick your path to find the perfect guy in this personalized romance set on the ski slopes! A book version of The Bachelorette!

What better way to spend your vacation than on the slopes? In this unique romance, the reader’s in the driver’s seat—creating her own path through the narrative and ending with one of eleven different guys. By making selections at the end of each c
Published January 22nd 2015 by Speak (first published January 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Love on the Lifts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love on the Lifts

Stacee
Jan 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
I've always loved Choose Your Own Adventure books and this was a cute version and a quick read.
Brandy
Dec 17, 2016 rated it did not like it
This style of "you choose" does not work for me. :( I wish I could have liked it more.
Laurie Brumbaugh
This "choose your own romance" book is fluffy and fun, as long as you don't take it too seriously. It's a very quick read, even if you want to go back through all the scenarios. I appreciated the fact that you could reach a non-romantic ending if you wanted. The premise is silly (you're kissing guys you literally just met, after all) and the plot is shallow, but that's kind of the point. The act of making decisions for your character is fun, so it's a decent read if you take it for what it is. T ...more
Sarah Valerie
A short, cute, choose your own adventure type story of finding the perfect guy for you.

The endings were all really short. Especially the one with the guy who likes Harry Potter.

I appreciate that the option of not getting a boyfriend was there, too.
Jacquelyn
Feb 22, 2015 rated it liked it
I thought this was a very cute choose your own adventure type story. I feel bad marking this as "read" since I only read my adventure and found my perfect guy (which ended up being Charlie) but I mean, I did read it. ;)
♫ gabi ♫
Jul 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
i checked this book out from my library thinking it would be cool to do a choose your own story book......... i sat down & got to my “happy ending” within 20 minutes. i don’t think this format is for me.
Asheley
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read my full review HERE at Into the Hall of Books.

When I was young, I used to love to read Choose Your Own Adventure stories. I'd read them over and over, making sure to arrive at the different endings each time. I wanted to see what adventures were possible within the book. One just wasn't enough. The concept of this type of story was so exciting to me, one where I was in control of how things turned out. This is what Jill Santopolo has done with Love On The Lifts, except we're not choosing ad
Samantha Kretschmer
Mar 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: teen-realistic
An extremely quick and easy read! Very little by way of quality but good, light-hearted fun elevated it to 3 stars. Maybe a little nostalgia for the choose your own adventures that I loved as a kid helped a bit too.
Beth
Apr 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 7th-grade
LOL! Such a cheesy, fun, good time! I love choose your own adventure books...one about finding love is a hoot! My teen girls are going to love this!!!
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
review to come
The Book Nook Blog
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Love on the Lifts" is a fun little read about a teen girl, who has recently broken up with her boyfriend and is trying to mend her broken heart. She and her sister devise a plan to find a new love while on a family vacation in the mountains at a ski lodge.

This book is unique as it presents you with different scenarios where you can select a young man to date and has you jumping to different pages throughout the book as you continue to read. "Love on the Lifts" is unlike any story I have read be
Arielle
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I kind of want to downgrade "Summer Love" so I can tell you how much better this one is. It's SO much better. My only complaint is her overuse of the phrase "love on the lifts," which, come on, really? In most cases, you have multiple exit points from each scenario, and they're better written and more interesting with some people that just don't pan out. It's still a choose-your-own-adventure romance novel - it's nothing deep - but it's exactly what I hoped it would be.
Elizabeth
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
I have never read the choose your fate kind of stor6 before so I have nothing to compare it to. However, I did not like the second person point og view for it and really did not like any of the guys that much.
Skylar
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a choose you own adventure book! I took two of the adventures and they were both really good!
Mehsi
I absolutely adored the first book and I was so delighted to see a second book coming out. This time instead of a warm and hot summer romance, which means snow + warm and wonderful love.

I can't remember exactly what I thought of the other book's endings, but I am delighted with this book's endings. We got both friendship and romance endings. So if you don't want to go for a hot date, you can just make friends with a lovely guy. Which is a wonderful option. Of course I read the book for the hot g
Tina
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
When I was a kid I lived for the choose your own adventure books. I read every one I could get my hands on. First I'd go through and read it as if I was a big chickenshit, taking all the running scared options I could. After I died my cruel and horrible death that way (it always ended in death or tears), I'd go back and be the fearless hero, taking all the risks I could and getting an entirely different story. By this time I'd read at least half of the physical book, so I'd go through and play a ...more
Stacie
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Love on the Lifts is the perfect teen choose your own romantic endeavor story. I remember the "choose your own adventure books" when I was growing up and always enjoyed the numerous choices I could make to create my own unique ending. Love on the Lifts is similar to those stories with a romantic twist.

You find yourself with a broken heart, courtesy of your cheating boyfriend. Your family is headed to the slopes for a week of skiing. Your sister challenges you to meet and kiss a boy hoping it wi
Olivia
Ahhh, this book was too cute to handle. I loved the choose-your-own-adventure type books as a kid, so it's no wonder I like to pick up a choose-you-own romance book once in a while nowadays.

However, I refuse to read these like a normal person. I read it once, making my own decisions, but then I have to go back through and experience every single choice.

Yup, you read that right. EVERY. SINGLE. CHOICE.

I'm aware this will probably make me seem slightly neurotic, but I don't care. It was way too muc
Ali (Ali's Bookshelf )
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved these kind of books as a kid and honestly they're still kind of fun to read. longer review coming soon.
Kayleen
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a book about a girl who just went through a rough brake up with her jerk of a boyfriend Nate who cheated on her with a freshman. What better way to get over him than to find another guy to kiss on the slopes. While she is out on winter break skiing with her family on Galaxie mountain. In this book the reader gets to chose the guy and if there is a happy or sad ending . In this book she goes through eleven different guys to chose from and many different situations and endings. You chose t ...more
Tabitha
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
A fun book/ collection of stories that's great for reading on a snow day! I read through all the different options - all of them are fun, but I might read through my favorite again - an I marked which option I took with sticky notes so I knew which path to take to see my other options. This method sounded good, but putting it to practice didn't work that great for me. Overall, a very fun book with many great options! Just maybe don't read through all of them at once...
Nicole Johnson
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
I didn't care for this book at all. I felt that the adventures were very silly and rushed. I think that if this book was longer it would be much much better. I felt no feels for this book at all. I was excited for this one because I had never read anything like it before. Very disappointing and not worth the read in my opinion.
Magic Shop
I haven't read a choose your adventure book in years. I loved the cover of this book and then I saw what it was like and I was more excited to read it. It was really cute and sweet. When I'm reading a book sometimes I want to steer the characters my way and in this book I was the main character making the choices and finding love. It was great and I really liked it. Enjoy!!!
Magan
Jan 08, 2015 rated it liked it
This is one of those "you create your own story" books. Apparently I'm a very simple person because my story was so straightforward and short. Cute story. Fun to read this kind of book to mix things up.
Missie Kay
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
What is the point of a Choose Your Own Adventure with no unhappy endings? I ask you! The only reason I gave it two stars instead of one is because of the "Who needs a boy? Sister power!" ending.
Lily
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
it was really cool how you could read it several times and get a different ending every time.
Misty
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Cute idea, super short.
☾ Rachel
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
You can't really review this book, but it was very fun to play.
Michael
Nov 03, 2016
The Lost Lola
rated it it was ok
Jan 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Jill Santopolo is the author of the The Light We Lost, the Alec Flint Mysteries, the Sparkle Spa series, and the Follow Your Heart books. She holds a BA in English Literature from Columbia University, an MFA in Writing for Children from the Vermont College of Fine Arts, and a certificate in Intellectual Property Law from NYU. Jill is also the Editorial Director of Philomel Books, an imprint of Pen ...more

Follow Your Heart (2 books)
  • Summer Love