Start by marking “All Kinds of Tied Down (Marshals, #1)” as Want to Read:
All Kinds of Tied Down (Marshals, #1)

All Kinds of Tied Down

(Marshals #1)

Deputy US Marshal Miro Jones has a reputation for being calm and collected under fire. These traits serve him well with his hotshot partner, Ian Doyle, the kind of guy who can start a fight in an empty room. In the past three years of their life-and-death job, they've gone from strangers to professional coworkers to devoted teammates and best friends. Miro’s cultivated bli ...more
Published July 4th 2014 by Dreamspinner Press (first published July 3rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about All Kinds of Tied Down, please sign up.
Lara Don't forget the grunting, volatile temperament and affinity to wild beasts. ;)
Thuy Sam Kage in this series is the main character from Matter of Time series with Jory.

Start your review of All Kinds of Tied Down (Marshals, #1)
Gigi
Re-read August 2015: I loved this even more the second time! The sequel CANNOT come soon enough!

As the vast majority of you reading this review already know, Mary Calmes is kind of THE shit when it comes to writing M/M romance novels. When she gets it wrong, it's a rare occasion and usually a minority group who think so, and when she gets is right, it is a wonder to behold for all lovers of the M/M romance genre. She gives her characters quirks and flaws, strengths and weaknesses, all in outstan
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Let me start by saying that if you're a big Calmes fan, you may love this book, and that's great. Mary Calmes has a certain formula that appeals to a lot of people, although it felt a little recycled and trite to me here.

We have the first-person POV (Miro's in this case); the best friend and partner who's straight/in the closet; the waiting and unrequited crush; the drama along the way (bad guys to catch, cases to solve); many secondary characters; and a cherry-topped ending.

The guys in All Kind
Corina
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Update: It’s 2020 - time for a re-read 😍

___________________________________

Update: I'm craving something awesome - so a re-read is in order (2019)

___________________________________

I don’t often have these kind of reading experiences, where everything just clicks for me, and I’m immersed in a series for days on end.

I’m not going to review each book, most of them were 4.5 stars, but the overall feel, the way I felt while reading this entire series deserves a 5 star.

At times I was grinning like a
Emma Sea
Jul 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
In which Jory finally tops!

This was really, really weird.

In this iteration, Jory is a federal marshall and is tall and muscular. That's not the weird part. The weird part is that the story starts at 53%.

In gaming, quite often there are mini-missions before the actual missions, where you are allowed to get the hang of your controls before the story proper starts. Sometimes that's written as a training camp, or maybe a Non Player Character will walk you through a simple set of tasks: crawl here,
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

I really wish I could review this one properly.....but alas I am on vacation and my internet connection is shit.

But here's why I loved it....

--the friends to lovers trope
--the dynamic between Miro and Ian
--the delicious sexual tension and chemistry
--the slow burn
--the underlying suspense/mystery
--the steam in the second half
--the intensity of the relationship between Miro and Ian

Maybe it was perfect timing but I really really loved this one!
Wendy
Re-read again...

Damn this was a good book. I loved it. But then again who wouldn't love two handsome alpha men going at it. I loved the storyline, the suspense, the hotness. It does take half of the book for the MC's to get involved (sexually), but I really didn't mind, because the built-up was nice and the story was interesting. Once they do get together...sparks are flying mmmm.

I will definitely read this one again and I'm gonna check out some more books by this author because I like her wri
Jilly
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is like a buddy-cop book with tons of action at every turn, if then the buddies turned around and realized they wanted to fuck. An action bromance with fucking.

Come on, dude. You know you wanted a piece of a young, pre-racist, pre-crazy Mel Gibson.

Our bros are Miro and Ian. They are U.S. Marshals and have been partners for a few years. Miro is the gay, yet stable, one. Ian is the "straight" one who is a little unpredictable. A wild card. You know, the kind of guy that the chief has to yell
Rosa, really

I'm relieved to say....It didn't suck!

description

After reading some early comments by reviewers I was a little worried All Kinds of Tied Down was going to be another Floodgates, which I really, REALLY, did not enjoy. But it was so much better!

Yes, Miss Mary still has a coat fetish (but would she be Mary without it?), as well as other oddities, but there is a definite lack of the overusage of ex boyfriends and adorable small children. (view spoiler)

But I didn't love it. Maybe I'm just i
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Second re-read: 28.02.2020
You know, this book is actually not so bad. There are some things that bother me, but if I look away from that, you get an enjoyable plot line, with some awesome characters, a good friendship, and a book filled with actions. But like I said, there are some things that I just can't look away from, so I won't up the rating more. That being said, I enjoyed this re-read.

⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Still doing re-reads*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Re-read: 25.03.2018
I decided to re-read this series, so
Susan
Jun 28, 2014 rated it liked it

Mary Calmes is my crack. I don't apologize for loving her stuff. Sure, it's formulaic, but once I embraced that fact, I realized the formula works for me. It's my comfort food. She's my mac-n-cheese of m/m romance.

The best parts of the Mary Calmes formula are the over-the-top characters who love each other fiercely (MINE! MINE! YOU. ARE. MINE!) and have really really hot bend-you-in-half sex, and guns...there are always guns.

The worst parts of the Mary Calmes formula are the myriad of s
* A Reader Obsessed *
*Update - 08/17/15*

Still 5 Stars!

In anticipation for Fit to be Tied, I listened to this to refresh my memory. I'm happy to say I haven't changed my mind one bit. It's Mary Calmes so there's always a little disbelief, but it was still hot and claiming and yummy fun. I love me an alpha and when there's two - even better. Miro and Ian are perfect for each other, and I can't wait to read more about them!

------------
This was my first Mary Calmes book and I'm quite impressed. At first it read like a b
Jenni Lea
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing

4.5 big, happy satisfied stars

I loved it! I'm a true blue Mary Calmes addict. GIMME MORE!
Jan
Oct 16, 2016 marked it as did-not-finish-dnf
DNF @50%

This is one of those books where I wonder: Am I reading the same books as everyone else?

Or is it me? I guess IT IS ME because I've counted 13 friends who read it and I couldn't find a single bad review. So, don't take my opinion in consideration if you want to read this story.

My issues:
• I can take a 36 year old guy being in the closet, for whatever reason. I respect that. At least he knows what he likes: guys. He is deceiving others, but not himself. What I cannot believe is Ian, being
Ana_P
description
↑↑↑ This was pretty much me. I absolutely devoured this book. It was an entertaining, fast-paced read that I never really had any desire to put down at all.
description

These two were crazy, hard-assed U.S. Marshals who constantly leaped off balconies,
description
...were definitely not afraid to body slam a few criminals and get rough,
description
...and who sometimes went all-out, guns blazing.
description

And when these two eventually gave into their mutual attraction for one another? I don't even need to say it, but it was hawt.
Especially co
Deborah
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Re-read 11th - 13th September 2018

Loved it just as much (if not more) the second time.

Original review.

I can’t believe it’s taken me so long to read this book.
Deputy US Marshall Miro Jones is partnered with ex-Special Forces soldier and Green Beret Ian Doyle. As the blurb says Ian is the kind of guy who can start a brawl in an empty room so Miro has his work cut our for him. I just loved these two, their relationship, how it developed and everything especially Chickie.
There’s no point making thi
Natasha
Re-read Jan 19, 2017: Just as good as the first time. 5/5.

Mary Fuckin' Calmes.

You fabulous, crazy girl, you!

This is how I felt after reading "A Matter of Time 1 & 2". So high.

Because this was one wild fuckin' ride.

I get it. Trust me, I've made this same point to many people *cough* SheReadsALot, that MC is just SO EXTREME.

Okay. But get this. Come closer. Closer. Listen.

It's so campy, and now that I can finally sit back and appreciate it FOR its campiness... I'm all up in the hizouse. It took me
Otila
Jun 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-lendable
This book was ridiculously entertaining!

There's shootouts...

Chasing bad guys off buildings...

Shit blowing up...

Hot smexin'...

And everything that makes a Mary Calmes book awesome like pies and peacoats and everybody and their mothers love and adore the MC, etc., etc. I loved it!

Thanks to Rosa and everyone who joined us on this BR!
Susan
Re-read April 2019
Can I have an Ian and Miro and live in Mary-land forever and ever?

----------------

God, how I love Mary's writing. All her characters are so intense, I love them all.

Both Marshals, Miro and Ian have been working together as partners for the last 3 years. Miro is convinced Ian is straight, even though he himself is out and proud.

When Miro starts to question if Ian is indeed as straight as he thought, he decides to take a chance.

It was almost scary to realize that if I was read
Karla
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars!

I'm so glad I read this book even though I was a bit scared I wouldn't like it since some of my GR friends loved it and some didn't I wasn't sure how it would be for me, but I'm glad I followed my book instinct and gave it a go.

"All Kinds Of Tied Down" is the story of deputy marshal's Miro and Ian who are not just partners at work, but also best friends. Miro is attracted to Ian, but things are complicated since Ian is straight but Miro can't help being close to him anyway he can.

I
Erth
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
.I love action/adventure, Alphas, cops as heroes, friends-turned-lovers, and m/m romance so this really did it for me. And holy hotness, the scene on the airplane was so erotic, and they never even took their clothes off and nothing really even happened!
Barbara➰
Reread November 2019

Wow...what a difference 2 years can make. Even though I have already read this, I was not bored this time and I loved them together. All the things that bothered me the first go round didn't this time. It's still OTT because, hello, it's Mary Calmes, but that's one of the things I love about her books. There were plenty of swoon-worthy moments between them as well.

On a side note, I read this first before her A Matter of Time series and this is what got me interested in Sa
Nazanin
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014, m-m
2 Stars

DNF @ 71%

Yeah, I read that so far and didn’t enjoy it. Actually, I pushed myself to finish it. I told myself the second half would be better but no, it didn’t happen and I couldn’t keep reading any more. I got bored even the action parts couldn’t keep my focus and my mind wandering everywhere. I think it was just me so don’t pay any attention to me and read it, I hope you enjoy it!
Kat, short for Clara
Have you ever had the feeling of unbridled joy from getting something you never knew you even wanted? Well, I experienced such a feeling while reading All Kinds of Tied Down.

You see, I have a serious, serious thing for Timothy Olyphant. And that thing is especially potent when Timothy Olyphant is being Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens in Justified.

Swoon.

I also have big love for the film The Silence of the Lambs.

No swoon for Hannibal the Cannibal.

So imagine me reading a book that has Deput
Natalia

______________________
Re-read November 2016
Still 5 stars
Trisha Harrington
Um... I'm not sure what to say. I didn't love this as much as I wanted to. Maybe I'm just having an off day? Not sure. I'll probably read it again just to see, because Mary Calmes is still one of my go-to authors and I normally adore her books. This just didn't work for me right now.
SheReadsALot
How did this miss my purview? Hmm??

Of course I rectified this.

New Mary Calmes is a balm I never want to quit.

*claps* Let the Rapture commence!!!!

#TeamMaryCalmes
#FuckYes
#BookCrack&HappilySnorting
Ingie
Written January 1, 2015

3 1/2 Stars - Cozy feelgood romance in a prime good Ms. Mary Calmes style

So this went out to be my last finished romance 2014, an 9 hrs audiobook narrated by an old acquaintance by now; Tristan James. A GFY cop partners story. ~ A good last one!!

I wished for some amusing and sweet Mary Calmes M/M-time and I absolutely got just that.

If All Kinds of Tied Down had been my first book by her should I probably had loved it, happy-danced and raited it much higher.
Teal
This was the first book I ever read by Mary Calmes. In general her stuff hasn't appealed to me, so I've only read this series and may not try anything else. But this book, these guys -- I LOVE these guys.

Deputy US Marshals Miro and Ian are work partners and best friends, although gay-and-out Miro harbors a ferocious crush on ostensibly straight Ian. Did I mention that I love these guys? Would you like to know HOW much I love them? Well! I love them so much, that at the 25% point I realized I wo
BWT (Belen)
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Read 08/18/2014, 09, 10, 11, 12/2014

This is one of my favorite Mary Calmes books (oh, who am I kidding, almost all of her books are my "favorites"!) and I just love the relationship between Miro and Ian. It's a bit of a slow burn - but the payoff for that is huge.

description

The dominance and submission, without it actually being D/s, is H.O.T.

description

And the action, of which there is a lot, is really fun to read (or listen to).

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

UPDATED FOR AUDIO BOOK DEC 9, 2014, 01/2015, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 08/2
Jo
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
My hunger for Ian Doyle’s company had gone from casual appreciation and friendship to a craving for the man himself that sat like a cold, hard stone in the pit of my stomach.

Deputy US Marshal Miro Jones has been partners with Ian Doyle for three years. He’s the calm and rational one who keeps the hot-headed Ian in line. Over the years they’ve gone from strangers to teammates who always has each other’s backs, and to best friends. And Miro has been secretly craving Ian, but because Ian is st

• Fish & Chips (Cut & Run, #3)
  • Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run, #6)
  • Zero at the Bone (Zero at the Bone #1)
  • Sticks & Stones (Cut & Run, #2)
  • Touch & Geaux (Cut & Run, #7)
  • Armed & Dangerous (Cut & Run, #5)
  • Divide & Conquer (Cut & Run, #4)
  • Ball & Chain (Cut & Run, #8)
  • Crash & Burn (Cut & Run, #9)
  • Hell & High Water (THIRDS #1)
  • Catch a Ghost (Hell or High Water, #1)
  • Kill Game (Seven of Spades, #1)
  • Shock & Awe (Sidewinder, #1)
  • Fair Game (All's Fair, #1)
  • Cut & Run (Cut & Run, #1)
  • Blood & Thunder (THIRDS #2)
  • Rack & Ruin (THIRDS, #3)
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour, #1)
Mary Calmes believes in romance, happily ever afters, and the faith it takes for her characters to get there. She bleeds coffee, thinks chocolate should be its own food group, and currently lives in Kentucky with a five-pound furry ninja that protects her from baby birds, spiders and the neighbor’s dogs. To stay up to date on her ponderings and pandemonium (as well as the adventures of the ninja) ...more

Marshals (4 books)
  • Fit to be Tied (Marshals, #2)
  • Tied Up in Knots (Marshals, #3)
  • Twisted and Tied (Marshals, #4)

News & Interviews

“I’ve got you,” he whispered into my ear. It went both ways.” 11 likes
“He took a breath. “I think there’s a reason I’m shitty in bed.”

I felt myself frowning, unhappy with him running himself down. “Which is?”

“I think it’s ’cause I’ve never been in bed with you.”
9 likes