Start by marking “His Trouble in Tallulah (In the Line of Duty, #2)” as Want to Read:
His Trouble in Tallulah (In the Line of Duty, #2)

His Trouble in Tallulah

(In the Line of Duty #2)

When faking it takes on a whole new meaning…

In the Line of Duty, Book 2

Tallulah Duncan is excited about her brother’s upcoming wedding in Louisiana, but what she’s not looking forward to is facing the man who will undoubtedly be waiting for her. Years ago she and an old boyfriend made a pact. The next time she comes home, if she’s still single, they’ll get engaged.

He’s a n
Published August 12th 2014 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about His Trouble in Tallulah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Trouble in Tallulah

Start your review of His Trouble in Tallulah (In the Line of Duty, #2)
Lexy
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thought that this book was good
Victoria
Oct 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.25 RATING- A well written, sexy, steamy, contemporary romance with characters I liked and a story that was fun to read. I'm excited to have found this series and look forward to reading more!
 Abril Sol
I really enjoyed the first half, I mean, fake dating trope. Better, fake engagement!
But the second half? Too rushed, too over the top, too cheesy.
Nerdy Chic
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ladies, before I begin, let me just give a word of warning. Be sure that while you're reading, have some ice, maybe a pleasure toy or maybe your man, not too far away. I was riding the train the other day and at about 30% in and my kindle was steaming. So much so that my cheeks were red and unknowingly, I was fanning myself. To the point that the guy across from me, a total stranger and not to shabby looking, leaned over to me and said "They should really crank on the AC in here, right?"..... I ...more
Kame
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing

His Trouble in Tallulah by Cathryn Fox

4 1/2 stars

Tallulah is on the way to her brother's wedding and she is dreading it. She loves her brother but she does not want to face her parents or her ex-boyfriend. They all want her to abandon her dreams in the city and come back to the small town. Garrett is also on that flight and also going to the wedding. Tallulah's brother is marrying his sister. When he gets home he must convince his boss that he is stable and the right man for the promotion. Maybe
Missy
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
description

Cathryn Fox has me swooning over these men from the In the Line of Duty series. Woah. Garrett was the ultimate heartthrob! I love the whole "fake relationship" trope because we all know that the line of pretend and reality eventually blend. There was so much chemistry between Garrett and Tallulah and watching it all play out was so exciting.

Tallulah is dreading going home for her brother's wedding after agreeing to marry her ex due to the clause that if they were both still single they would w
Cyn Mistress Kitty
I really liked this story and the characters until the end. The things Garrett says to Tallulah were really cruel and my opinion of him dropped. That kinda ruined the book for me but I had to remember the other parts of the book were good and he did finally pull his head out of his ass.
Sheryl C. Nash
ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!!

Will write my review soon...

*ARC courtesy of Netgalley and Samhain Publishing*
Darsey
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: listen-to, audiobooks
Bette Stanek
Nov 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Once again, I’m in the minority here with only a 3-Star rating. The plot of the story is nothing new, there are a few twists that are. The writing is average and the character development is OK, but nothing extraordinary. The book is easy to read, goes quickly, and is entertaining. It isn’t anything you can’t put down and while there isn’t a sigh of relief at the end, I’m not sure you’ll wish there were a hundred more pages, either.
Darcie
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh so sweet!

Tallulah and Garrett were such a sweet yet feisty couple. I loved watching them love one another without realizing the love they shared. Watching Garrett struggle through his demons and almost lose everything he always dreamt about but thought he could never have nearly broke my heart.
Kat
Feb 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Mallory
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good book! I really liked it!
Michelle Fond
Apr 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Not done reading
LJT
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
His Trouble in Tallulah is a passionate and emotional romance by talented author Cathryn Fox. I find that each book she writes is just as good or even better than the previous one I have read. This book is wonderful, complete with desire, well-defined characters and a compelling storyline. Engagement or marriage of convenient stories are one of my favorite tropes and this one does not disappoint.

I loved Tallulah. Ms. Fox does an excellent job of evolving her character from a sort of wallflower i
Jimnlori
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Security Specialist Garrett Andersen finds himself stuffed into an overcrowded plane heading to his sister and friend's over-the-top wedding in Tallulah Louisiana. So far he was running late, had to help a mother calm her child down and realizes that someone is in his seat. A gorgeous someone, but still she is in his seat.
Tallulah is on her way to her brother's wedding and finds herself seated next to the bride's brother. She can't seem to hide how anxious she is. He assumes it is all about the
Erin
This was enjoyable, but subtle it was not.

(view spoiler)

For the most part, I liked Tallulah other than the constant repetition mentioned above.

I also liked Garrett. However, the man has issues. And it never actually made sense as to w
Gemma Timson
Aug 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
At the beginning of the book I found it difficult to get into it I found the start of the story a 'cliche' and unrealistic - that 2 people who are going to be brother and sister in law would meet on a plane and agree to be engaged to each other for separate reasons to each other. However after carrying on reading and getting to chapter 3 the book got so much better!!! The development of the characters got much more interesting and as we learn more about them the more attached you get to them and ...more
Michelle
Aug 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Tallulah Duncan is flying home for her brothers wedding. Her family is very protective and wants her to move home and marry an old boyfriend. But she is happy in Austin and doesn't want to leave. Can she convince her family that she is already engaged to Garrett Andersen, her brothers comrade who just happens to need her help in showing his company that he is not damaged.

This is a great read. Steamy hot guy you're going to want to wish he was yours, steamy hot sex that will have you fanning your
Shari
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book from the very beginning. A incidental meeting on the way to their siblings wedding, results in a fake engagement between Tallulah and Garrett. It will benefit them both at the time. It was fun to watch these two grow together emotionally and really find out that they both want the same things. It took Garrett a little longer though. The chemistry they shared in and out of bed was sizzling off the pages.
I highly recommend this book. I have not read the first story in The Line of D
Karen
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
You can always depend on Cathryn Fox to deliver a story that is sexy, fun, and steamy. In the second novella of the IN THE LINE OF DUTY series, you meet Tallulah who is returning home for her brother's wedding, and Garrett. They both discover that it's his sister that is marrying Tallulah's brother as they share their flight. Tallulah reveals that her over-protective parents want her to move back home and marry an old boyfriend, but its not what she wants, so Garrett offers to be her "fake" fian ...more
Melanie
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book for an honest review and I have to tell you, I was hooked from the minute I started reading it. I did not want to put it down. The way that the characters hit it off immediately held my interest the whole way through the book. This is a very well written, steamy story that will keep you longing for more. I was wanting this not to be a business deal the whole time. I loved how the story unfolded and ended!! Thanks for the great read! I will be reading more of your b ...more
Romantic Reads and Such
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
They are not kidding when they say this one is hot, but it also has a good amount of heart to go with the steam. While Tallulah and Garrett definitely have no problem setting fire to the sheets, they also get under each other’s skin. Sweet, sassy and sexy as all get out, Trouble in Tallulah is a whole lot of fun.

Full review available at http://romanticreadsandsuch.wordpress...

(Complimentary copy provided in exchange for an honest review.)
Nicole Smith
Aug 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this one and it got a thumbs up from the male ushers at the ballpark. It's very steamy just how I like them. Garrett is a very yummy alpha hero. These two are going to have a pretend engagement, but what happens when their feelings no longer feel pretend? Garrett does/says something that made me want to smack him upside the head, but boy does he redeem himself. I loved the ending the humor in the tender moment was a great way to end this book.
Niki Driscoll
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
This is the second book in Ms. Fox’s “In The Line of Duty series" and it was simply fantastic. It was well written, genuine, entertaining, and funny; keeping your attention through the whole story. The characters were easy to like and the storyline moved along quickly. It was a great read and I am going to have to go back and read the first book as I started with the second. Add it to your book shelf, you won’t be disappointed.
Griffinyarn
Aug 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Rating: 3.5 stars

Based on the title, I was expecting a corny, trashy romance. What I got was a sexy, well-paced story with great characters. Yeah, there were some clichés, but the author hooked me in from the beginning and made me care about the characters.

The conflict was well-written (not overly drawn out like some a lot of books) and the resolution made me tear up.

I read this as a standalone novel.
Loz
3.5 stars.
Say it with me now.... aaaaaawwwwww. Garrett the tough-guy-turned-sweetheart.

It's immediately obvious the 'business deal' Garrett Andersen and Tallulah Duncan reach whilst flying out for his sister's/her brother's wedding, is hardly going to stay just that.

If you're not into clichéd predictability, keep moving on. But if you're after a light, cutesy romance, step on down! This sexy little read will keep you smiling.

Amy
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Hell yes
Recommended to Amy by: author
LOVED this book!!It was a gift from author for honest review. GARRETT and Tallulah meet on a plane on the way to her hometown for her brother's and his sister's wedding. With issues and drama they forge a business deal to fake an engagement to each other to further their careers.What a great story, with well written characters, will Kat and Brad 's be next PLEASE?!?!
Taylor
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Needed something light and sweet before I dove into my next book.
This one hit the spot.
I loved the brothers comrade angle and the fake engagement too. It all came together nicely.
I just felt it should have been stretched out some more. Too fast for me.

I really wanted an epilogue although I'm sure we will be seeing more of them in book 3.
Gina
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!!! Garrett brings out the best in Tallulah and helps her see what an amazing person she is….and how hot they are together! HOT HOT HOT and It’s fun to see them fall for each other under the guise of their ruse *snicker*….fake it til ya make it! Fantastic read!!

• Something About Lorelei
  • Taken By The Alpha (Timber Valley Pack #5)
  • Hard as Steele (Timber Valley Pack, #3)
  • Purr For The Alpha (Timber Valley Pack, #2)
  • Lynx On The Loose (Timber Valley Pack, #4)
  • The Bastard Billionaire (Billionaire Bad Boys, #3)
  • Down and Out (Hawks MC Caroline Springs Charter, #3)
  • Her Dad's Friend
  • Caught Together
  • Living Without (Hawks MC Caroline Springs Charter, #4)
  • Bound by Family (Ravage MC Bound, #1)
  • The Billionaire and the Virgin (Billionaires and Bridesmaids, #1)
  • Take Me Fast (Bridgewater County, #3)
  • Black Out (Hawks Motorcycle Club, #3)
  • No Way Out (Hawks Motorcycle Club, #4)
  • Hold Me Close (Bridgewater County #4)
  • Climbing Out (Hawks Motorcycle Club, #2)
  • Finding Out (Hawks Motorcycle Club, #2.5)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Cathryn Fox is a wife, mom, sister, daughter, aunt and friend. She loves dogs, sunny weather, anything chocolate (she never says no to a brownie) pizza and red wine. Cathryn lives in beautiful Nova Scotia with her husband, who is convinced he can turn her into a mixed martial arts fan. When not writing, Cathryn can be found Skyping with her son livin ...more

In the Line of Duty (6 books)
  • His Obsession Next Door (In the Line of Duty, #1)
  • His Taste of Temptation (In the Line of Duty, #3)
  • His Moment to Steal (In the Line of Duty, #4)
  • His Best Friend's Girl (In The Line Of Duty, #5)
  • His Reason to Stay (In the Line of Duty, #6)