Start by marking “Gateway to Hell (Duke de Richleau, #10) (Black Magic, #10)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Gateway to Hell (Duke ...

Dennis Wheatley

Gateway to Hell (Duke de Richleau, #10)

(Duke de Richleau #10)

31 Dec 1953 - Feb 1954
The Duke de Richleau and his friends had faced many dangers in Russia, Spain and Nazi Germany. Now a new and unexpected menace confronts them: the fourth, Rex van Ryn is missing – and he has made off with more than a million dollars from the Buenos Aires branch of his family bank.

Behind the conventional courtesy of Argentinian society lies a conspirac
Audible Audio
Published January 24th 2014 (first published January 1st 1972)

To ask other readers questions about Gateway to Hell (Duke de Richleau, #10), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gateway to Hell (Duke de Richleau, #10)

Irene
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
Review on Audible com
Seth Skorkowsky
Jun 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audio
I really wanted to like this book more than I did. After enjoying The Devil Rides Out, I was excited to “read” (I listened to the Audible Audio Edition) this sequel.

Set in the late 1950’s out heroes from 1934’s Devil Rides Out have again found themselves tangled with a cult of Satanists. However, unlike the first book, that spends the first half primarily following the Duke and Rex racing across England, Gateway to Hell spends the first half following Simon and Richard, who are by far the weakes
Christopher Henderson
I'd forgotten how odd Dennis Wheatley's books are. You go in expecting horror but instead find yourself in a rip-roaring Boy's Own-type adventure with the Devil leering in the background and our decidely un-PC heroes dashing around the world as they get seek to foil the dastardly forces of evil. It's like reading Ian Fleming with the part of James Bond played by Doctor Strange. Dated but fun!
Christian Flores
A man a head of his time.
Stuart Pope
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book meet up with old friends who I haven't read about for an out 20 years
Jim Dooley
Many years ago, I was an avid fan of the DR. STRANGE comic book series, and the interest in occult stories has never gone completely away. Because of this, folks often recommended the Black Magic and Occult books of Dennis Wheatley to my attention. Although I have seen the Hammer movie versions of two of them, this is the first one I've read.

The writer's style is...not to put too small a point on it...perplexing. It opens as an intriguing mystery thriller. Then, it has the feel of an Ian Fleming
Titus Hjelm
Wonderfully opinionated and politically incorrect, as always with Wheatley. This time he has an axe to grind about the Perons (the beginning takes place in Argentina), the civil rights movement, and the godless design of the new Coventry Cathedral! The storytelling is wooden at best and I think might be worse than the other Satanist books. Good for aspiring writers as an example of what _not_ to do. But, entertaining still, in it's own way.
Peter Jochinger
Book 10 in the series.
Probably the least entertaining of the set.
How our heroes defeated these villians and survived is stretching beyond the scope of miracles.
Charles J Kilker
Gateway to Hell

Good flow and plot not allowed to drag. Good descriptions of Satanic material. An interesting book I would recommend to read.
Velvetink
  • The Rampa Story
  • House of Cthulhu
  • Ice
  • Disciples of Cthulhu
  • The Ultimate Weird Tales Collection - 133 stories - Clark Ashton Smith (Trilogus Classics)
  • Red Tape and White Knuckles: One Woman's Motorcycle Journey Through Africa
  • The Great God Pan and The Hill of Dreams
  • The Complete Pegāna: All the Tales Pertaining to the Fabulous Realm of Pegāna
  • The Necronomicon: Selected Stories and Essays Concerning the Blasphemous Tome of the Mad Arab
  • The Book of Iod: Ten Tales of the Mythos
  • Rider On Fire
  • Torpedo Run
Dennis Yates Wheatley (8 January 1897 – 10 November 1977) [Born: Dennis Yeats Wheatley] was an English author. His prolific output of stylish thrillers and occult novels made him one of the world's best-selling authors in the 1950s and 1960s.

His first book, Three Inquisitive People, was not immediately published; but his first published novel, The Forbidden Territory, was an immediate success when

Duke de Richleau (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Prisoner in the Mask (Duke de Richleau, #1)
  • Vendetta in Spain (Duke de Richleau, #2)
  • The Second Seal (Duke de Richleau, #3)
  • Three Inquisitive People (Duke de Richleau, #4)
  • The Forbidden Territory
  • The Devil Rides Out (Black Magic, #1)
  • The Golden Spaniard (Duke de Richleau, #7)
  • Codeword - Golden Fleece (Duke de Richleau, #8)
  • Strange Conflict (Duke de Richleau, #9) (Black Magic, #2)
  • Dangerous Inheritance (Duke de Richleau, #11)