Start by marking “After” as Want to Read:
After

After

4.45  ·  Rating details ·  22 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
The dead walked. The world fell apart. But what happened after? Jenna Deluise is just trying to survive in this broken world, but after her father's apparent suicide she discovers that she didn't really know him at all. How was he connected to the zombies? Why is his former boss so sure he is alive? What else was he hiding?
Published May 31st 2014 by J Ellington Ashton Press

Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Imagine a world where zombies exist. Yes they are scary looking and do try to kill you. Then the New Alliance, a powerful military group swoops in with a vaccine and now all the zombies are dead. With aiding us with the vaccine, the New Alliance has taken control of the country. Jenna lives with her mom in a crappy apartment and they try to live life as best they can. After her dad died, Jenna's mom hasn't been the same. Out of the ...more
Rachel Tetley
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A real cracker! This book has so many appeals. It is a dystopian YA book in essence, however it is completely unique in that it is based much further along the line. Meet Jenna, who has only known life since the apocalypse and therefore the regime that was borne from it. She lives with her mother after her fathers death, however, when his old colleagues break into her flat, her mother and her realise that things were not quite as they thought. This book is very well written, the characters are b ...more
Sam Writeright
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After is a great book with elements of resident evil but for a YA audience. Jenna lives with her mom in former Manhattan. The country is ruled by the New Alliance, a group of ruthless soldiers who have complete control over the inhabitants.
It's an interesting take, the real threat here is the Alliance while the zombies are practically 'everyday' to people because they have lived with the threat of them for so long. Definitely worth reading whatever age you are.
Alexandra
Nov 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
You find my full review for After in all its formatting glory on my blog SleepsOnTables.

Actual rating: 3.5

After follows the point of view of two people. The first is Jenna who’s just trying to get by after her father apparently committed suicide. A few chapters in we meet Wesley who is just a couple years older than Jenna and is the former research assistant to her father. These two live in a world where the fear and panic of an outbreak of zombies is a very real thing. Jenna gets a surprise vis
Bob Platypire
Dec 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*I received an ecopy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

This book, man! I was unsure about it starting out, not knowing this author and having read some rather awful zombie books in the past few months (don't look for reviews, they would have been one star and I won't leave those unless I agreed to an honest opinion; I had bought those on my own). But, while it took me a little bit to get into the story due to my trepidation, once it sucked me in, I was hooked.

I know this book is mean
Yasmine Hamdi
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After is a great book! It’s compelling read, and not just your typical zombie story. It had me hooked from the first page and the action does not stop throughout the book. Fans of Legend by Marie Lu and Divergent by Veronica Roth will enjoy this book.

This book is hard to review without giving away spoilers but it takes place in dystopian America. The main character Jenna is still grieving over her father’s death. He was the most important scientist working a cure for a deadly plague. The plague
Kat Gracey
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great zombie novel. Doesn't overdo the zombies and focuses more on the main character and her plight. Jenna's dad has supposedly killed himself but when his boss kidnaps her, she realises that everything isn't as it seems. Her dad was a top scientist for a company called Gene Pharm. he helped come up with the vaccine against zombies.
Trapped in an underground cell, Jenna has no choice but to team up with her dad's old lab assistant whom she hates.
Told in dual prospective this novel is a must re
Riley Amos Westbrook
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given a free copy of this book to review. Truth to tell, I was worried when she sent it to me, I've read some bad zombie stories. But as I thoroughly enjoyed Daemon Persuasion when I reviewed it for her, I thought I'd give it a chance. I am happy I did. Now she just needs to finish writing the others so I can finish reading them.
Olivia Wildenstein
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a riveting story. Gregory's take on zombies is original and her storytelling is fast-paced. There was action, there was intrigue and there was love: the three key ingredients to creating the most memorable stories. And the ending... Wow! What happens next?!
Michael-owen Jeffries
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
i loved the book from start to finish after is a book i would read over & over again and the cover is well drawn
M.L. Sparrow
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! The main character Jenna was great, unlike so many characters she doesn't start out strong but rather develops her strength as the story goes on and she has to handle all the awful things that are thrown at her. Also, I thought Wesley was a great character too and I liked that they didn't instant fall in love, rather they pretty much hated each other to begin with and love and trust developed as they were thrown together.

Also, this isn't your usual zombie novel, there was act
Brenda Fryland
Jan 25, 2018
lynne stone
Feb 09, 2018
S.K. Gregory
Jun 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Csimplot
  • Psych Ward Zombies
  • The Memory Tree
  • Influenza, Nebraska
  • Kinglake-350
  • Compis (Five Tribes, #1)
  • More Than Rivals: A Championship Game and a Friendship That Moved a Town Beyond Black and White
  • The Flower Eater
  • After the Darkness
  • Keeping It Civil: The Case of the Pre-nup and the Porsche & Other True Accounts from the Files of a Family Lawyer
  • S.U.M.O. (Shut Up, Move On): The Straight-Talking Guide to Creating and Enjoying a Brilliant Life
  • The Island of the Skog
  • The Iron Necklace
  • LIMITLESS
  • The Copy
  • The Lady Lies
  • Vacation (Jack Murphy, #1)
  • The Summer is Ended and We Are Not Yet Saved
  • How It Feels
Samantha Gregory grew up in Lisburn, Northern Ireland. She has been writing since she was a child. She writes primarily in the horror/fantasy genre.
Daemon Persuasion is the first book in the Daemon series, published by Mockingbird Lane Press. The sequel Daemon Madness is due for release soon.
After is the first book in the After zombie series from J. Ellington Ashton Press. The sequel Before will b