Start by marking “Just Listen (Public Lives, #2)” as Want to Read:
Just Listen (Public Lives, #2)

Just Listen

(Public Lives #2)

Caution: Just Listen contains explicit sex scenes between an alpha hockey player trying to begin a new life and an ambitious reporter who will do just about anything to get her story … Conflict of Interest doesn’t even begin to describe the trouble these two get into.*

Aspiring reporter Casey Scott knows it was unethical to get involved with retired hockey star, Finn Daley
Published June 23rd 2014 by C.J. Books (first published June 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Just Listen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Listen

Lindsay
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
I've seriously been dying for this book since reading Talk to Me. So when this came out, I dived right in!

Once I started, I couldn't put it down. I had to know what Finn's secret was! And when it was revealed, I was slightly disappointed. I had figured it out but thought I was wrong. I wasn't disappointed in the secret itself so much as that I had guessed it. But it played out in an interesting way that had me laughing at times with the lengths Casey was willing to go to, to get information abou
Amy
Jun 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Just Listen picks up right where Talk to Me left off. When we last saw Casey and Finn, we were left with an agonizing cliffhanger, wondering what the heck was going on with Finn!

In Just Listen Casey will find out that things are not always as they seem. When she finally uncovers the truth behind Finn's secret, it turns out to be anything but what she anticipated it to be. Now that she knows the truth, Casey is on a mission to set things right. But, it may be too late to fix the damage that she's
Karen
Jun 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Just Listen - Part 2 of Public Lives was such a fun and satisfying conclusion to this series. The drama built in the part one continues between Finn and Casey and questions are answered.

I loved the interview on the set of Good Morning U.S.A. at the beginning of the chapters told in Casey's point of view, and the hockey definitions beginning Finn's chapters. I found it to be a great hook to the story and a highly entertaining way to tell the story. I applaud Clare James storytelling skills as Fi
Reckless Readers
Jun 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Gifted copy from author in exchange for honest review

HOLY HOTNESS!!!!! I need me a sexy dominant hockey player. Finn Daley is it. It picks up right where Talk to me left off. This book was full of drama and some hot sexy steamy sex. It kept me intrigued and mot wanna put it down. I read it in one whole day. It's a great series for a beautiful day in the sun. It won't disappoint go and meet Casey and Finn. You'll love it.
Clare James
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Um, yeah. MUCH steamier than TALK TO ME.
Coming very soon!!!
Elizabeth
May 04, 2019 rated it liked it
The completion of Finn and Casey story from Talk to Me. While sexy times are still steamy the play out of how everything is revealed was blah. The press conference situation was weird and doesn’t really fit in how it all went down. Emotions were a little wish-washy. I was left a little unsatisfied.
Casey
Jun 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

Just Listen is part 2 in the Public Lives series by Clare James and is the conclusion to Casey and Finn's story. This one should only be read after you read Talk to Me and continues where that book left off. I was ready for this one right after I finished Talk to Me because I had to know what happened after the cliffhanger. I needed to find out where Casey and Finn were headed, so I started this one as soon as I got my hands on it. There is an
Lustful Literature
Jul 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
** Shanyn's 4 Star Review **

This book starts where “Talk to Me” leaves off. After reading “Talk to Me”, I sat there holding my kindle, comtemplating throwing it at the wall. I absolutely LOVED “Talk to Me”, but couldn’t believe the cliffhanger of an ending! I was so glad when I got my hands on “Just Listen”, and I couldn’t wait to start it. And………it did NOT disappoint!!!

“Personally, I didn’t want to rehash it all in front of the American public. I didn’t want to remember that night. I can’t
Cocktails and Books
3.5 Cocktails

In the conclusion to Casey and Finn's story, we discover Finn's secret and what happens when it gets out. If you haven't read TALK TO ME, you must in order to read this book.

Finn's secret is finally revealed to Casey, but it's not so much the story that front seat in their romance, but the conniving producer and Finn's ex-girlfriend that cause issues. Secrets are leaked, accusations fly, denials said but in the end it was the relationship between Casey and Finn that took the beating
Books&Dreams
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it

photo bookwormsreviewicon.jpg

Just Listen by Clare James picked up where Talk to Me left off. I was very anxious to read what the big secret was with Finn, it was a good twist, but I was expecting something bigger.

This book is a classic things always are not what they seem and Casey found that out first hand. It was a fairly short read, but was filled scandal, some hot scenes, and finally happily ever after.

Casey wanted the big story, wanted to big a big time journalists, but sometimes feelings come into play and your consc
Lesley
Shelves: read-in-2014
I received a complimentary e-copy of Just Listen in exchange for an honest review.

Just Listen is the 2nd part in the Public Lives series, and takes up just after Talk to Me ends on its cliffhanger, and I'm very glad that I didn't have to wait very long for this one to be sent to me, because I was on the edge of my seat, wondering what was going on with Finn. You'll definitely want to read Talk To Me before you read this one, just so you know what's been going on and not have to try to jump in mi
Bethany
Jun 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I couldn’t wait to get my hands on Just Listen after the ending of Talk to Me. I had to know what Finn’s secret was, if Casey would expose it once she found out and if she did, would Casey and Finn be able to have a relationship.

All my questions were answered in Just Listen. I was a little surprised by what Finn secret was when it came out, it wasn’t what I was guessing it could be. I was really disappointed in how Casey handled finding out but redeemed herself in the end.

The one thing I felt th
1-Click Addict Support Group
Dec 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Thank goodness I didn't have to wait a long time for the conclusion to this story! Clare really left me hanging at the end of Talk to Me.

Just Listen picks off where the first novella left off, so yes, you definitely have to read the first one so you know what's going on. I really loved the way the first story was set up with Finn being interviewed by a talk show host. Book 2 is done in the same style except we get Casey and Finn being interviewed in the beginning of the chapters.

This was a fun
Sassy Southern
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just Listen is the follow up book to Talk to Me by Clare James. I could not wait to get my hands on this book to find out how Finn and Casey work things out, if they do at all. As with the first, it is written as if its a TV interview you are watching instead of reading. Finn Daley is the ex hockey player that left the sport for mysterious reason, Casey is the reporter trying to find out why. Casey discoveries the real reason behind why he left and it is not what she thought it was. This could r ...more
J.
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book for an honest review.

This was a great ending to a good story. In the recent months, I have become a huge fan of novellas. Usually, they are short and sweet and just what this busy mom of two needs.

As a disclaimer, I will say (view spoiler)

Th
Rob
Jun 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Carrying on from where book 1 left off and I must say the story had a nice flow into this book. In fact this book flowed much better than the first book.

It still had it’s little dictionary ditty at the start of each chapter but I found the whole book to be much better written. The interview and the conversations and flashbacks etc were much smoother. This book didn’t jump around like the first book and so was an easier read.

I enjoyed this book, finding out what the big secret was, that we spent
Tricia
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews, series, novella
Copy provided by author for an honest review...5 stars!

I found a new favorite author!

I really loved Finn and Casey's story. This book picks up where Talk to Me left us. I couldn't wait to find out what happened between the two of them and it didn't disappoint. I really liked the writing style and how it was dual point of view as well as them being interviewed. The H/h had great chemistry and I didn't find them to be cheesy or did I find myself rolling my eyes as I so often do with back and forth
Medavis66
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous follow-up to Talk to Me. Finn and Casey, sigh. I have one thing I need to say - MORE PLEASE!!! Oh my, this can't be the end of their story. Don't do this to me! I was completely absorbed and enthralled in this sequel. It wasn't long enough, though, and I need another book, or two, or three. Now that everything is out, I need to know what happens now. When Finn retired, he was the best. I want to know...stats from his first game with the Wild, I want to know how Casey is, what Zach is do ...more
Ronda Bearden
Jul 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Complimentary Copy

Going in to this one I knew it was going to be written more like an interview with the charters going back and reliving it in their mind like the first one was. I was able to adjust better to it this time. I love the story plot behind this one and the excitement. You never sure what Finn is going to do and what has him on edge. You will find out what caused him to be so guarded and hold back from people. Casey is still the spit fire she always was but comes to terms with a few
DJ Sakata
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotic-romance
Favorite Quotes:

“Her voice was so annoying and high-pitched, I was waiting for the town dogs to come running in at any moment.”

My Review:

Just Listen was a quick and steamy read that kept me guessing and more than a bit anxious until the end. The story squeezed my heart and although I continued to have a love/hate relationship with the leading lady, I felt satisfied by the conclusion. I was enjoying the characters by the end, something that I totally did not expect to happen. This series was smar
Chantel Cervantes
Jun 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Gifted copy from author in exchange for honest review

Joy Pantorillo
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-release, arc
Full review can be found at: http://bujoijoi22.wordpress.com/2014/...

The conclusion, the finale — every question was answered, any mystery was solved and every secret was revealed. Just when you thought that the story is great, it gets better with this second story.
Maria
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Don't remember when I finished reading this, but I know it was amazing! It wasn't as good as the first book, tbh, but I really wanted to know how this story ended.

Clare James is a really good author, and she's slowly making her up the ladder to being one of my favourite authors. Her work is really funny—the perfect blend of hilarious to serious, usually.
Kristin
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book continues with Casey and Finns friendship growing. There both trying to gain the others trust . The strict has you intrigued and guessing what's going to happen next. The author keeps you hooked.

How far will Casey go to keep her job and then will it come between her and Finn?

I really hope The author writes another followup, I need more
Kelly
Shelves: kindle-read, sports
It was a good ending for Casey and Finn. I couldn't wait to see what happened after Talk To Me and this didn't disappoint, except it was WAY TOO SHORT! Especially for $2.99. Kind of mad I didn't wait to see if it hit $.99. Finn getting back into hockey could have been expanded on and how it impacted these two.
patty
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
One would have been enough

I gave this author only two stars because what she wrote in two books could have easily been done in one. Hope it wasn't all about getting more money. The story line gets five stars. Loved that she brought mental illness out of the closet. Kudos to Ms. James
Lewlin
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was actually much better than the first book. Probably because, I think in the first book, there was so much time spent setting up the big secret and then resolving the conflict of interests between Finn and Casey.

All in all, a very enjoyable story that I would definitely recommend. The person who recommended it to me gets a high five lol.
Downward dog
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports-romance
Clare James writes about Finn, a hockey player dealing with some issues and Casey, an up and coming reporter trying to uncover Finn's issues, while fighting her attraction to him. This is an engrossing story with strong characters. Fun and sexy story!
Tahsin
Sep 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
i'll be honest, i did not see it coming even though it was brutally obvious. i liked it. it was an unexpected but pleasant revelation. i haven't read too many stories about it though, and both that i did read, i really liked.
Luetta
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was honestly tempted to give it a 3 but that's so unfair. I loved the story, but the end killed me. It just ended and left lots left unanswered. An epilogue would have shot this book to a 5 star for me, but I had to settle on a 4 for that fact alone.

• Unable to Resist
  • Follow You Down (Reflect Me, #2)
  • Second Chance (Running Into Love, #3)
  • The Mean Girl Apologies
  • Break Me (The Summer Series, #1)
  • Only One (Southern Comfort, #3)
  • Tainted Desire (Desire Series, #1)
  • Making Waves (Perfect Kisses, #3.5)
  • City of Champions (A Gateway to Love, #2)
  • Time of Possession  (Seattle Lumberjacks, #5)
  • In Bed with the Competition (Bad Boy Bosses, #1)
  • Release (The Boys of Winter, #2)
  • The Reality of You
  • Trust Me: Matty and Kayla - Book One (The McDaniels Brothers, #4)
  • Carrier (The Line, #1)
  • Too Much (All or Nothing, #1)
  • Playing the Field (Hot-Lanta, #2)
  • Tapout (Wayward Fighters, #2)
Clare James is the author of steamy contemporary romance and new adult novels: BEFORE YOU GO,MORE, DIRTY LITTLE LIES, TALK TO ME, and JUST LISTEN. A former dancer, Clare still loves to get her groove on—mostly to work off her beloved cupcakes and red wine.

A fan of spunky women, gorgeous guys, and super-hot romance, Clare spends most of her time lost in books. She lives in Minneapolis with her two

Public Lives (2 books)
  • Talk to Me (Public Lives, #1; Impossible Love, #4)