Start by marking “Soulbound (Darkest London, #6)” as Want to Read:
Soulbound (Darkest London, #6)

Soulbound

(Darkest London #6)

Once two souls are joined...

When Adam's soul mate rejected him, there was more at stake than his heart. After seven hundred years of searching, his true match would have ended the curse that keeps his spirit in chains. But beautiful, stubborn Eliza May fled—and now Adam is doomed to an eternity of anguish, his only hope for salvation gone...

Their hearts will beat together
Mass Market Paperback, 366 pages
Published February 24th 2015 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Soulbound, please sign up.
ARomanceLover According to Callihan's website the next book is called Forevermore but does not yet have a pub date

Jill
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it

London, 1885 and Miss Eliza May, an American arrives in England on the run from troubles in Boston. But when tragedy strikes her on England's shores her 'rescuer' comes in the form of Adam, king and creator of the GIM (Ghosts in the Machine). Recognising her as his soulmate, Adam binds her to him, wrist-to-wrist with a gold enchanted chain. But Eliza May wants to escape. And she doesn't believe in soulmates.

Three years later after she’s been rescued from Adam's grip and living with her
WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker

Soulbound is 6th in Kristen Callihan's Darkest London series and if you haven't read the previous books you will be missing out on a ton of backstory involving characters and story arcs. However, if you wanted to miss out on a lot but not feel like you are missing a lot you could just pick this book up for Eliza and Adam's relationship. The prominence of past ch
Ferdy
Spoilers

Pretty fun and entertaining, enjoyed it more than the majority of PNR novels I've read. It wasn't quite as tropey and cheesy as the rest of the genre, although it still had its fair share of tropes and cliches. I mostly liked it because the heroine had a bit of a backbone and wasn't some wide eyed twit who loved being abused and used as a doormat by her designated love interest.

-What's what: Eliza/Adam's story. Sort of a love/hate romance but not really. Insta lust. Sexy times. Bad guys
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Jun 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

Kristen Callihan has been 5-for-5 with her DARKEST LONDON series, and I’ve been looking forward to Adam’s story most of all, so when the mailman delivered SOULBOUND the pressure was on. This installment brought with it plenty of new revelations with regards to the Fae, the King of the GIM’s curse, and we finally discover what was plaguing Archer in FIRELIGHT. The writing was as strong as ever, and the author made me weep with her romantic elements, but this book had a de
AH
Initial Thoughts:
Another wonderful installment in the Darkest London series. Soulbound focuses on the enigmatic Adam and his love interest Eliza May. There's even cameo appearances from most of the characters of the previous books, too.

Update 2/25/15
Check out Badass Book Reviews where Christal and I discuss this book. If you have not yet had a chance to start this series, we highly recommend it, especially to lovers of historical and paranormal romance.

Thank you to NetGalley and Grand Central
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted at The Book Nympho

Icon TOP READ   icon well written  icon BOOKLOVE

Kristen Callihan has done it again, another 5 star read for me! Soulbound  might be the 6th book in the Dark London series but it's fresh and entertaining. There's no rise and repeat formula at play with the Darkest London series.

Kristen Callihan shared on her Facebook Page about how she wanted to make each book in the series to be different and have their on feel. She has delivered and I love picking up the next book for this fact. Yes there is a co
Jen Davis
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love these books. Kristen Callihan has rocked my world for the second installment in a row, with a fantastic new story in an already extraordinary series. She made me laugh. She made me cry. And she made me love these characters. This book is sexy, surprising, and poignant, delivering 100% on the promise of its premise. I just finished reading it and I already want to go back and read parts of it again.

This is Adam and Eliza's story, one that Callihan has already laid the groundwork for in ear
Hollis
I know the three stars is a pretty obvious sign but SOULDBOUND is easily my least favourite of the series -- so far.

"I want the possibility of you."

I was hesitant over this premise and the set-up with Adam and Eliza May from the moment it was introduced, and definitely didn't like the way things were teased in book five as we drew near to their own adventure. It took until probably 60% for me to actually be interested the events, and the characters, in this one. And I never did warm up to the he
☆★Tinja★✮ A Court of Pizza and Laziness
I loved this! It's so good, like her other books in this series. At first I thought I'd despise Adam, because of how he treated Eliza, but the opposite happened and I totally fell in love with him. The first half of the book was more like 4 stars to me but I enjoyed the rest of the book so much, that I decided to give it 5. The ending was kind of sad (at least I thought so), I'd wish there'd be another solution available but it was still a happy ending for them. I'm really devastated that this s ...more
Mei
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Another great installment!

I was curious about Adam since he appeared and I admit to loving his story! :)

I loved Eliza too, even if I found her slightly annoyingly stubborn for her own good. But I could understand her too.

Adam has treated her at the beginning of their relationship very badly: chaining her literally to himself! Obviously that didn't sit well with Eliza: being treated like a slave, like an object!

His reasons were for his own good, but ther're still wrong!

What was good is that he ak
Joanna Loves Reading
3.5 Stars — rounding down because the ending was somewhat disappointing to me.

Buddy read with Sam!
Melliane
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mon avis en Français

My English review

I do not know if you know Kristen Callihan, but one thing is for sure, she manages every time to delight me with her novels. Oh yes, this author has an incredible gift and she carries us every time with her stories featuring some new really fascinating characters. Of course, as always, we find many former protagonists and we learn more about the secondary’s. Here, we therefore find Eliza and Adam discovered earlier.

In the previous volume, our young heroine El
Melindeeloo
There was a lot that I liked about Soulbound. Adam, the king of of the GIM, believes Eliza is his soul mate but keeping her chained to him because of his his fear of losing her, earned him her hatred. Coming into the story now though Eliza has been freed, and when Eliza runs into Adam again the balance of power between them has shifted, which gives a plausible reason for taking their relationship in a new direction and gives us readers chance to learn more about Adam and his curse. Transitions i ...more
Sam (AMNReader)
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
RTC, maybe...

Highlights for now.
-I didn’t have as many issues with this as anticipated
-loved Adam and his backstory
-Eliza was compelling but didn’t have the presence of some of the better heroines in this series
-a lot going on, but not to detriment, though I would’ve like more between the main characters.
-4 stars. Not my favorite but not as weak as some of the reviews led me to expect. Also, I’m a fan girl so there is that.
Stephanie  G
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Eliza May just wants to be free. Free to make her own choices and not forced into servitude to survive. She thought escaping Adam would earn that independence but all it did was put her in more danger than ever before. With the Fae queen looking to use her as a pawn in her game for power, Eliza must trust Adam and hope she comes out alive and with her heart intact.

Adam has been a mystery up until this point. Popping in to create a GIM and then disappearing again. It wasn't until the previous boo
Sunny
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. ARC Review

Originally posted at Love Affair with an E-Reader

Review:
Utterly compelling and soulful. These were my first thoughts after I finished Kristen Callihan’s Soulbound, Book 6 in the Darkest London series.

This series is one of my favorites because of the Ms. Callihan’s creativity. Her characters standout in a crowded field of paranormal and mythical characters. She brings a special twist to each of her stories and this one is a prime example of that.

Adam is a reoccurring chara
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

With book six in the Darkest London series, Kristen Callihan once again pens a highly detailed, tautly-written book for her readers. It’s apparent that Callihan cannot write a bad book. With her eloquent writing and talent for dishing out clever dialogue, it’s easy to fall in love with Adam and Eliza’s story.

Eliza is a strong-willed woman and in the face of powerful Adam, she will not falter. So even when he is cursed and only his soul mate can save him, Eliza flees, unwilling to surre
Kate's Corner
It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. –Descartes
3.5 ‘My impatient dove and wicked tease’ Stars
Once a Templar Adam is the King of the GIM. As he wouldn’t bow down to the Queen of the Fae he was cursed to wander the earth to find the other part of his soul. That was seven hundred years ago. He has not been able to feel, to love until he finds the other part of his soul. It is a very lonely existent. But he has created his children but it still isn’t the same.
He had a saving grace when it
Farrah
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Darkest London series continues with another fantastic book. Soulbound was dark, thrilling, and wonderfully romantic. I loved this book and I thought it was an excellent read.

Eliza was a heroine who wanted nothing more than the freedom to make what she wanted of her life. She was strong, often stubborn, but also smart enough to know what to do in just about any situation. She had her flaws, sharp tongue included, but that made her seem like a more real character. I really liked her.

Adam was
Ursula
I hate to say it but this series has started to lose me a bit. It's still strong, and the world is amazing, but it has become so complex, almost over-complicated, that I am struggling to believe in it anymore. I probably need a guide to the beings that inhabit this weird world of werewolves, demons, vampires, angels, GIM with clockwork hearts, fae etc.!!
Adam intrigued me in the last book and I was looking forward to his story, but it was very dark, even depressing, (his curse was horrific and re
Alison
Please take the mediocre rating with a pinch of salt as I have started and dropped sooo many books this week, including pre-ordered books by favourite authors, that the fact that I actually managed to finish this book is a monumental achievement.

From my POV this book suffered with most of the tension having occurred between the main characters in previous books - if you started the series here I feel you wouldn't really understand the tension.

A recap of what happened in the previous books. So Ad
Bubu
Nov 15, 2018 added it
Shelves: pnr, ocd
I have to reread this one.
Beth
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
One soul separated by lifetimes is finally reunited. But after years of searching, Adam mishandles his soul mate reunion creating what would seem an unbreachable chasm with Eliza.

Eliza is kept as a slave to Adam. When she is broken free, she soon discovers freedom is not always what it seems, even when its family. Eliza quickly questions the motives of her fae relatives. When she discovers a brutally beaten dog, she knows this is a place of agony and must find her way to break free and take the
RachelW (BamaGal)
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a nice surprise and a lovely addition to the series. I highly enjoyed this, and it was especially sweet after my slight disappointment with Evernight. Now this was a good fantasy read. The ending threw me for a loop, even though I knew it had to be that way.

Very good story, harkens back to the quality and readabilityof the early books of the series.
Deniz
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
4,5 Stars

You can find a Q&A with Kristen Callihan, an excerpt and a giveaway on Closet Geeks and Slow Mo

Review:

The other day a Friend of mine pointed at my Darkest London Books and said: "These looks so beautiful, what kind of books are they." This actually stopped me in my tracks. I've got the series on front row display for two reasons, first the eternal coverslut in me adores the way they look. And second I adore the series. But what kind of books are they? I answered: "Really good ones,
Hackmops
3.5 but rounded down to 3 stars.
Soulbound is totally fine but definitely not as strong as previous installments of the series. The author is beginning to lose me with the constant add-ons to the mythology and I found myself skimming a bit towards the end. The lead couple works (despite their less than auspicious start) and I was actually surprised that Adam managed to redeem himself from his previous actions towards Eliza - prior to reading their story, I was actually unsure how this would work
Valerie
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I've been in the mood for paranormal books lately and so when I was given the opportunity to read this book, I took it.

It's a series but I was able to jump in with this one and enjoy this paranormal romance. Definitely can be read stand alone.

These two soul mates get off to a rocky start. After seven hundred years, Adams not willing to let Eliza get a way from him. He does a stupid thing. A total guy thing. Eliza doesn't really take it so well, even though Adam saves her life. They have an inter
Samantha
Aug 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Soulbound is Kristen Callihan’s 6th Darkest London book. It’s also, unfortunately, the second to last book in the series.

Adam, the GIM King, has spent centuries searching for his soul mate. When he’s called to make Eliza May into one of his GIM, he knows he’s finally found her. Eliza is the one person who could lift the curse Queen Mab placed on him all those years ago. Panicked at the thought of losing her, Adam makes the mistake of chaining Eliza to his side. After months locked in a silent b
Douglas Meeks
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I had to think overnight about the rating. It was never in doubt that it was a great book but the last book was SO good it kinda spoils you for this one. I finally decided that comparing it to Evernight was really unfair so when I compare it to almost anything else it is around a 4.5 Star (rounded to 5)

Adam and Eliza made another reluctant couple since she was still more than a little mad at him for chaining her to him for months (we DO get to find out why he did it).

Coming up with a villain was
Marcela (BookaholicCat)
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Soulbound is the sixth book in the Darkest London series by Kristen Callihan.

Soulbound starts couple of months after the events in Evernight (fifth book). Eliza is living with her aunt Mab and her Fae court; but what on the beginning was a shinning and exhilarating life, it soon has become crude and cruel. So much, Eliza is wondering what Mab is hiding. Some days she even wonders if being slaved to Adam was better and safer than living with Mab. Things only get worse when she discovers Adam chai
Romance Book Budd...: July 8- Darkest London, Soulbound 36 9 Jul 21, 2018 05:38AM
The Challenge Fac...: Paris & K-Terror ~ Soulbound 19 10 Sep 06, 2015 04:15PM

• Of Silk and Steam (London Steampunk, #5)
  • Grim Shadows (Roaring Twenties, #2)
  • Wicked as She Wants (Blud, #2)
  • The Miss Education of Dr. Exeter (Paranormal Investigator, #3)
  • Mina Wentworth and the Invisible City (Iron Seas, #1.5)
  • Dragons & Dirigibles (Gaslight Chronicles, #7)
Kristen Callihan is an author because there is nothing else she'd rather be. She is a RITA winner and three-time nominee and winner of two RT Reviewer's Choice awards. Her novels have garnered starred reviews from Publisher's Weekly and the Library Journal, as well as being awarded top picks by many reviewers. Her debut book FIRELIGHT received RT Magazine's Seal of Excellence, was named a best boo ...more

Darkest London (7 books)
  • Firelight (Darkest London, #1)
  • Moonglow (Darkest London, #2)
  • Winterblaze (Darkest London, #3)
  • Shadowdance (Darkest London, #4)
  • Evernight (Darkest London, #5)
  • Forevermore (Darkest London, #7)
“Ah, now,” crooned Adam, “here we are, then.” With infinite care, as though he were handling a babe, he lifted the sword out, and a sigh seemed to go through him. “Ah, my lovely, it’s been far too long.”

“Shall I leave you two alone, then?” Eliza’s lips twitched. She’d never seen such a look of reverence mixed with old familiarity. It was nearly indecent.

Adam spared her a glance. “Quiet woman, a man’s relationship with his sword is a sacred thing.”

“So I’ve heard.”