Start by marking “A Demon and His Witch (Welcome to Hell, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Demon and His Witch (Welcome to Hell, #1)

A Demon and His Witch (Welcome to Hell #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  4,801 Ratings  ·  443 Reviews
Burning alive is nothing compared to the heat of his touch.

There are better ways to break up with a girl than having her roasted at the stake as a witch. Is it any wonder Ysabel has trust issues? She got her revenge, though, and it only cost her a slightly tarnished soul.

Working for Lucifer isn't all bad, until her ex-boyfriend escapes the bowels of Hell and she's forced t
Published June 4th 2012 (first published June 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Demon and His Witch, please sign up.
Anastasia No, this Remy is half demon and the other Remy is a wolf shifter.

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

🎃 Read for the Unapologetic Romance Readers Halloween 2017 Reading Challenge for the category of: a romance with a demon 🎃

I needed a romance novel about a demon for a reading challenge, and this book was free (this is becoming a familiar refrain from me). The summary sounded intriguing but it had one of those horrible cartoony covers (not pictured here), and I always side-eye my acquisitions from the freebie section because while I have u
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
3.5 stars. Okay, I have to admit this grew on me. At first Remy's constant sexual comments grated and the sexual innuendos and banter were so ridiculously bad it kept me reading for the sheer laugh at not with factor. By the time the actual romance started, where Remy began to admit he had feelings for Ysabel, I was hooked.

The story was funny when it wasn't trying too hard and Langlais's Lucifer was hilarious if a bit weaker than expected. But his evilness was proven in this technically funny b
Laurie Garrison
A Demon and His Witch is a laugh your butt off sexy romance. Eve has always been known to lift reader’s spirits with her hilarious sexy novellas and she doesn’t miss a beat in this new series.

Remy is one egotistic demon that lets anything fall from his mouth, most of which irritates Ysabel to no end but yet she just can’t help having a crush on him all the while she is firing right back at him with everything she’s got.

I enjoyed the addition of Lucifer the Princess of Hell’s dad in this book,
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
I found this book fun and entertaining. Ysabeland Remy were a fun pair. Lucifer knew what he was doing when he was putting them together to collect the escaped souls. There banter was great. Even the banter between Ysabel and Lucifer was fun too. I can't wait to continue this series.
Stacie
Oct 28, 2017 rated it liked it
3+ Stars!

Pretty campy, but entertaining. Happy reading!
Not Now...Mommy's Reading
A Demon and His Witch is my first read by author Eve Langlais, but it is definitely not my last! I absolutely loved this book!

The story opens with our heroine, Ysabel – I love the name! – being burnt alive after being accused of being a witch. I purposely omitted being falsely accused because…well, she IS a witch. However, she has used her abilities mainly for the good of those involved and although her lover’s mother leads the crazed mob, Ysabel knows that her beloved will come to her rescue at
Renee Nicole
Man... I don't like to give bad reviews. I appreciate any and everyone who can write a story and then toss it out to the world for consumption. I know I can't do that. But I didn't like this book.

The premise was cool, I'll say that. I love stories that explore the devil/Lucifer character. I'm sure he's a fun one to write! What happened to Ysabel really sucked, so I got the selling-of-the-soul-for-revenge thing. I probably would have, too.

But, it just wasn't executed well. I rolled my eyes and/or
Raine
Too funny!

This book was funny as only Eve Langlais can write. Ysabel is in hell because she has asked Lucifer to exact revenge on those that burned her at the stake. However, some of those souls have escaped from Hell so Ysabel has to find them and bring them back to Hell. Remy is a soldier in Lucifer's army and is tasked to help Ysabel with her tasks. They fall in instant hate, but also lust and it is cute to watch the two together.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Eh, Is this a 3 or 2.5 star book? I'm not sure. The story was enjoyable so I guess I'll leave it at a 3 star review. The plot was completely predictable. There are no surprises whatsoever in this story. We know why the witch and the demon are thrown together. Ysabel is a bitter old witch with a body of a 20 year old. Remy is a hot half human/half fire demon who gets under Ysabel's skin.

The set up is cute and the characters were actually kind of fun. Remy is a sweet guy. I liked him. He's snarky
Iza
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A perfect little story for the week-end, when it's snowing outside and you're so very good under the duvet with a cup of hot tea nearby.
There was everything I've come to expect from Eve Langlais : lots of fun, steaminess, wicked banter and a fast paced story. Delightful !

Quote :
"Tsking as she approached, Jallayna's eyes lit up with a violent madness that Ysabel found endearing. Now here was a mother in law she could grow to love."
Chelon
Nov 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action, demon, sci-fi, sexy, wolf, own
Cute, fast pace read. I didn't find it funny at all and Ysabel had to much attitude that which I think is the norm for this author but sometimes too much is too much.
Ollie
LOL this book was so much fun to read! Not only was it funny with all the banter between the two characters but the sexual tension and the delicious way Remy got Ysabel all hot and bothered was great!

This is a new series by Eve Langlais that is an off shoot of the Princess of Hell series as we see familiar secondary characters such as Satan and details about his family.

Ysabel was burned at the stakes during the Middle Ages for being witch and upon her death she sold her soul to the devil in exch
CaroleDee
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eve Does it again!
In this wonderful new spin-off of the Princess of Hell series we're reintroduced into Eve's quirky version of hell where everything isn't fire and brimstone. Well, there is heat, but of a different variety ;)

The story revolves around Ysebel who was burned at the stake for witchcraft. While being trussed up by the villagers she's sure of the fact that her lover will ride in on his white horse and save her. Needless to say it turns into a really bad night when he shows only to wa
Emily
Jeanny
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars. I really enjoyed the humor & story. The h was so much fun, the H was genuine. I think the idea of Lucifer playing Cupid ripe with opportunity for some epic comic relief. I plan to follow the series.
Gary
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
while only a short story a really enjoyable one and funny
Amber I. (AwesomeSauce Book Club)
I LOVED this book! Eve Langlais always delivers an amazing story. Remy is a half demon, he is hilarious and full of sexual innuendos he is also sexy and known as a ladies man. Ysabel is a witch who was burned at the stake, betrayed by a her lover and made a deal with the devil to get her revenge. She is also pretty much a bad ass and has sworn off men. But the devil with his evilness has other plans for these two!

Now these two are teamed up to get the souls who broke out of hell back. Ysabel nee
Melanie
'A Demon And His Witch' is classic Eve Langlais fare - at least when it comes to her "traditional" relationship stories (I haven't read any of her mènage-flavored tales as that isn't my thing). A zaftig, snarky (anti)heroine meets a hunky, player (anti)hero and they trade barbs laced with sexual innuendo until he decides she's the one and the heroine finally succumbs to his considerable "charm". The end.

These stories are cute, definitely fluffy and often fun, but there wasn't anything new broug
Marianne
"You can call me Remy, but, when I get your thighs around my neck, feel free to call me God. It totally pisses off Lucifer's brother, which means brownie points for me."

OMG, Remy was so adorably crude, I mean, cute;-)

Really enjoyed this little story, psycho mother, demon eating hellcat with a secret, frigid witch, devious, match making ruler of Hell and all. Bring on the next installment.

HOWEVER: I did NOT approve of Lucifer's hotdog! At.All!!! Dachshunds are little angels, not food for the prin
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
Jul 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Eve Langlais fans + erotica fans
Quick, hilarious and hot read! Welcome to Hell indeed *grins* the way Lucifer is described is so funny, and the way he is trying to be a match-maker is out of this world!

Full review can be found at Risque Reviews

Claudia
This was Fun ... And hot. Definitely a series to continue :)
Mel
Yeah, it is finally out in Audible format!
Tami
Sep 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: langlais-e
Burned at the stake, she sells her soul for revenge. After nearly 500 years in hell she is almost free. The book is about the demon Remy and his witch Ysabel.
Franjessca
Review also posted on Book Lovin' Mamas

I had the pleasure of reading an advance copy of "A Demon and A Witch" and now I'm hooked onto this series that Eve Langlais has created. This is my first actual book written by Eve that I've read, but I actually had several of her books on my TBR on Goodreads. I'm now going to spend this summer diving into the other books from Eve Langlais so I can wait patiently for the next Welcome to Hell book.
Ysabel was burned at the stake 500 years ago while her suppo
Shelby
This was good light-hearted fun. I enjoyed this more than I expected to actually. The first couple of chapters I wasn't that impressed, but once I sunk into the writing style I found myself giggling internally. I particularly liked this depiction of Lucifer. I made me want to read the other related series.

This story isn't complicated and the action bits were a little over simplified for my taste but overall it was a cute little romp. Ysabel was burned at the stake as a witch in life by her lover
Vanessa theJeepDiva
I now have a new favorite Eve book. Remy is hilarious. The majority of the things that come out of his mouth should offend. Remy somehow makes crude sexual innuendos at the most inappropriate moments consistently. He does this in a manner that it’s funny and he never presents himself as obnoxious. Ysabel has a snarky retort for everything he says. The banter they toss back and forth had me laughing throughout the entire book. A Demon and His Witch needs to be added to your must read list, immedi ...more
Tracy T.
Sep 20, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Bad, just bad. UGH! Sigh. SMH. Oh geez. Really?! (audible review)

Wow this book started out funny and interesting. Then went down hill from there. As soon as the Hero Remy entered the picture it got really bad. The whole of the rest of the book and ALL the conversations were nothing but crude sexual innuendos. I am not even exaggerating a little. It was pretty bad.

There were some funny moments and I did enjoy Lucifer quite a bit.

The story line would have been good, it even started out good. But
Merve Özcan
İçinde lucifer'ında olduğu çok eğlenceli bir kitap.(Luci deyince akan sular durur) Aslında Lucifer biraz yumuşak ve zayıf çizilmişti. Ben kırarım dökerim be kral'ım tarzı bir lider değildi.

Remy ve Ysabel süper bir ikili. Kendi aralarında sürekli tartışmaları beni çok güldürdü. Kendimi hikayeyi bir çırpıda bitirmekten alıkoyamadım. Üstüne üstük Ysabel tam bir çetin ceviz!

Remy önüne gelen kadınlar birlikte olan bir şeytandır. Ve Ysabel 500 yıl önce sevdiği adamın ihaneti uğrayıp yakılan bir cadı.
Renégade ♥
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 to 4 stars

This naughty, often quirky and funny tale involves a nasty curse, the desire for vengeance, one hellish contract & a sacrifice made for love. Ysabel & Remy made me laugh at points with their battles and banter. The story doesn't shy away from the blunt or the sometimes crude and though there was lots of heat between the witch and her demon (they live in hell after all), there were also some very sweet, even touching moments between them amidst the crazy...

• Daughter of Lust (For the Love of Evil, #1)
  • My Demon Saint (Shifting Reality, #2)
  • The Perfect Score
  • Bewitching You (Bewitching Women, #1)
  • Destiny Bewitched (Shadows of Destiny, #4)
  • How Beauty Saved the Beast (Tales of the Underlight #2)
  • Eye of the Beholder (True Destiny, #2)
  • Mating Claire (Sea Island Wolves, #1)
  • Love Revealed (The Market #1)
  • Demonically Tempted (Frostbite, #2)
  • Ties That Bind (The Bellum Sisters, #3)
  • The Bond That Ties Us (Eternal Bond, #1)
  • Fangs, Fur and Mistletoe (Mystic Isle, #1)
  • Demon Hunting in the Deep South (Demon Hunting, #2)
  • Surrounded by Woods (Woods Family, #1)
  • Last Dragon Standing (Dragon Kin, #4)
  • The Nasty Vamp
  • Wicked Road To Hell (League of Guardians, #1)
~ New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author

Hello, my name is Eve Langlais and I am an International Bestselling author who loves to write hot romance, usually with werewolves, cyborgs or aliens .

I should warn you, I have a twisted imagination and a sarcastic sense of humor something I like to let loose in my writing. While well known for my shifter stories, I am also extremely partial to ali
More about Eve Langlais

Welcome to Hell (6 books)
  • A Demon and His Psycho (Welcome to Hell, #2)
  • A Demon and Her Scot (Welcome to Hell, #3)
  • Hell's Kitty (Welcome to Hell, #4)
  • Hell's Geek (Welcome To Hell, #5)
  • Hell's Bells (Welcome to Hell, #6)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“I know all about insanity. It's not that bad once you beat up everyone who teases you about it.” 12 likes
“what is your type? No wait. Let me guess. Hard, plastic coated and jammed full of big D batteries.” 11 likes