Start by marking “Second Chance Ranch (Hope Springs, #1)” as Want to Read:
Second Chance Ranch (Hope Springs, #1)

Second Chance Ranch

(Hope Springs #1)

Sometimes love is right where you left it.

Sadie Hart has a plan: return to her small town of Hope Springs so she can regain her confidence—and bank account—before giving one more shot to her country music dream. The dream that means more to her than anything. The dream she chose over her high school sweetheart, the brooding and sinfully handsome Royce Dixon.

Royce has moved
Published September 15th 2014 by Entangled: Bliss (first published September 12th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Second Chance Ranch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Chance Ranch

Sheri (Tangled Up In Books)
Originally posted on my blog: Tangled Up In Books

I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. In no way did that sway my review or my rating!

This book. This book! From the moment I started it all the way to the very end this book was read with a huge grin on my face. Second Chance Ranch is the second book I've read by Cindi Madsen and has solidified the fact that she is now one of my must buy everything type of authors. Both books I've read so far just make
Kathy
Sep 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
This was a sweet story. I loved the setting of this book. Second Chance Ranch is a place for troubled teens but also gives Royce and Sadie their second chance at love. There was nothing really original in this story line. It's a story that has been told before and will be told again but I liked how the author told this version of the story.
The characters are really likable. Sadie has been chasing her dream to become a country music sensation for 6 years but despite getting close several times i
Sheryl C. Nash
*3.5 stars*
Jessica
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, reviewed
I love when authors join forces and create crossover characters in their books. We first meet Sadie Hart in Rachel Harris's Accidentally Married on Purpose, where she makes a very brief cameo to sing at Blue's induction to the Louisiana Music Hall of Fame. Fellow Bliss author, Cindi Madsen, has written us Sadie's story and I will just tell you up front. I loved it. Second Chance Ranch drew me in right away and I could not get enough of Sadie and Royce together!

My heart broke for Sadie. After lea
Prone to Crushes on Boys in Books
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-drc
Cowboys…..you got to LOVE them!!

Sweet and Romantic, I love it when I'm reading a book and I found myself just smiling. This book will have that effect on you. Royce and Sadie, ex-high school sweethearts, 6 years later and forced to work together find that some of the old feelings are still lingering.

I kind of like that she pursued him.....NOT in a slutty and annoying way. FULL of sexual tension.

Finally at 72% ....FINALLY.....they get together......it's what I have been waiting for.....FINALLY
KAS
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cindi Madsen is one of my all time favorite authors. You know when you sit down to read one of her books you will be engaged from page one to the very end, and can't wait for the next book to come out. I love that her characters are down to earth and full of heart and soul. The dialogue between the characters in Cindi's books flow and are never boring. I like a book full of substance and that is what this author delivers. You will truly enjoy reading Sadie and Royce's story. I mean what's not to ...more
Jessica Alcazar
1. I love second chance stories
2. I love small town series/stories
3. I love cowboys!

Second Chance Ranch has everything I like in a story. It's a story about second chances, forgiveness, moving forward, family, following your dreams and so much more. It's told so beautifully, you don't want to put it down. I REALLY hope this becomes a series for Hope Springs because I see a lot of potential!

***ARC provided via NetGalley by Entangled Publishing, LLC in exchange for an honest review!
SnoopyDoo's Book Reviews
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cindi-madsen, arc
This was my third book by Cindi Madsen and was super excited when I saw this one coming up as a review copy. I jumped at it right away.
Cindi Madsen has a thing for writing such wonderful characters that just pull you in and seem so realistic. I just love her writing.
You can find my full review here:
Kelly
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was one of those books that I after I read it, I couldn’t get it out of my head and therefore couldn’t start the next book for days. I both like that and dislike it.

I really wished I could have been an outdoor gal and lived on a ranch with horses and cattle and worked from sun up to sundown. But, I like my air conditioner too much and I live near the ocean, so it is a good dream. Sorry, random thought.

Second Chance Ranch really has two meanings. One is for the second chance at love. The ot
Theresa Alberts
Sep 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Second Hand Ranch by Cindi Madsen is a story about second chances at the life and love that one leaves behind for ambitions of fame. Sadie Hart left her small hometown of Hope Spring, Wyoming for Nashville, for a chance to make it like the country singers whose posters graced her walls in high-school. Seven years later, out of money and maybe even out of hope, she returns home to regroup before she tries again to make her dream come true and then she runs into him, Royce, the love of her life in ...more
Fizza
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The beginning was very captivating, it was one of those books which you start and just keep on reading. IT is a reflection on our hopes and dreams. It is a story of two people whose life didn't turn out to be the way they envisioned. But in the end they realise; it wasn't such a bad thing after all. Sometimes what destiny has in store for us is better than what we wanted. I also liked the idea of "Second Chance Ranch." And it fits in the whole plot beautifully, capturing the true meaning of hope ...more
Shannon Daniel
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 star review

When Sadie Hart left Hope Springs, Wyoming to follow her dreams of being a country music singer she left behind her friends, family, and one true love. But when Nashville chewed her up and spit her out she had to go back home to Hope Springs.

Royce Dixon was hurt when Sadie chose Nashville and her dreams over him. He left the rodeo circuit to help his dad run the Second Chance Ranch which was started by his dad and mom to help troubled teens. When his dad passed away unexpectedly fro
Tina Larsen
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a great sweet story about a second chance romance. Sadie Hart had it all - a great family, a fantastic boyfriend and a chance to make it big in the country scene. She didn't want to have any regrets so when she graduated and headed off to Nashville she never looked back! Royce Dixon was heartbroken when she walked away from him and his proposal at 19 - but settled into his life on the ranch with his parents. He knew he'd always be a cowboy/rancher and his dad was set on running a second cha ...more
Linda
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cowboys, romance, western
Sadie scooped up a big pile of crap and placed it in the wheelbarrow. Royce turned to leave, but then she said, "You know, when I quit my last job, I told my boss I'd rather shovel horseshit than work for him." ....

Damn, damn, damn. He wanted to stay mad at her -- to hold on to how badly the girl had hurt him when she'd left him the way she had. But years had passed, and here she was, thanking him for the opportunity to shovel shit.

SECOND CHANCE RANCH by Cindi Madsen is the perfect second-chance
Kristine Ruiz
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sadi is a girl with a dream of making it big in singing, she's in love with her high school sweetheart but doesn't want to regret things like her mother did and has it set that she's going to make it big and when Royce ask her to marry him she says no and moves to Nashville to sing even though every day she thinks of him. She's hit some ruff times and after two contracts not working out and a bad night on stage she moves home to save money and re group.

Royce is killing him self working at his ra
Carra
Sep 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I just love a sweet romance. And you'll find a wonderfully sweet one in Second Chance Ranch. With writing that flows so smoothly and an excellent cast of characters that have depth and you can truly care about, this story will draw you in and leave with with that happy HEA feeling once you're done.

This story had a great plot-no craziness, just a well written storyline that keeps your interest throughout the book. Getting to see things from both Royce and Sadie's POV is a big plus. I'm a huge fan
Cheryl
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love this book!! Cowboys and country singers, a great combo and the chemistry between Royce and Sadie is sweet but hot. The back drop is the Second Chance Ranch, run by Royce and his mom after his dad's death. His ex Sadie comes back into town after leaving 6 years ago to live her dream of being a country singer. She's had some tough breaks and came home to be with her family. She starts to work for Royce and the feelings that never died start to rekindle. Will she give up Royce agai ...more
Lana
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Perfect read for fans of reunited lovers. When Sadie went to follow her country music dream, she left the guy she loved behind. Now several years have passed and they both think they're over each other. Until they see each other again, that is. With Sadie back in town, neither of them can deny they still have feelings for each other. I loved these characters and really wanted them to work things out, although I wasn't sure how they could and still follow their dreams. I couldn't be happier with ...more
Kelley Schmidt
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much I couldn't put it down! A very well written story about second chances and following your heart. You can't help but fall in love with Sadie and Royce. Both are very likable characters that are still in love with the other but afraid of getting hurt again. Cindi Madsen does a great job of letting the reader see both perspectives in a way that works very well and flows smoothly throughout the book.

**ARC provided by Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review.**
Irene
5 stars

SO many happy feels, loved Second Chance Ranch!

Second Chance Ranch is a very well written story about second chances and following your heart.
Loved Sadie and Royce, they were both very likable and you couldn't help but fall in love with them and their story.

Another wonderful read by Cindi Madsen, once I started I couldn't put it down!
I highly recommend Second Chance Ranch and I can't wait for the next book in the Hope Springs series =)

Thank you to Netgalley and Entangled Bliss for the a
Karen

REALLY loved this one! Such a sweet and heartfelt story about family, following your dreams and second chances. I think this just might be my favorite Cindi Madsen couple.

I hope this is the beginning of a series because I would love to get a few of the other characters HEA's.

Top 5 Reasons to buy Second Chance Ranch posted on For What It's Worth on 9/19/14

Carol-Ann
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A Lovely cowboy Romance read that was well-written sweet and romatic really enjoyed the character"s and there personal story,EX High school sweethearts Royce and Sadie who cross paths once again years later. They are forced to work together and find that the same feelings they had for each other was still there,But sadie has still got a dream to be a country singer which could force them apart once again,Thank you to Entangled Bliss for letting me read and review this ARC,
Bette Hansen
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book! It's a heartwarming second chance story with fabulous characters and a storyline that has you rooting for the H/h from the very start. Luke and Sadie had a young love that we all would want but different dreams tore them apart. But on the Second Chance Ranch anything is possible. Once I started this I couldn't put it down, I think everyone will enjoy it. I highly recommend it.
Tammy
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved this book by a new to me author. I loved the characters, the setting, the second chance at love. All of it! I hope I'll get to read about some of the secondary characters in another story. I love the sweet books published by this line. I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.
Chris Myers
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a great cowboy romance with a great cast of characters, from Sadie's family to Royce and his mom and the teens they work with on the ranch. Loved the ranch setting, too. This sweet romance was a quick read that left me with a big smile on my face.
Lisa
Cindi Madsen's books are always delightful to read. This one is no exception. Royce is one sexy hunk but to me the star of this book is Miss Sadie Hart. Love, love, love her.
Melissa West
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My favorite of Cindi's books! Love!
Claire
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic romance from Cindi. It's an honor to read the book after a those months having to share your research result. It was tough having to view all those cowboy related pics.
Monique
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As always, Cindi Madsen does not disappoint. Full review to come
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews

3.5 Super Sweet Cowboy Loving Fun!

Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Entangled Bliss via NetGalley

Genre: Adult Contemporary

Part 1 in a series

My Second Chance Ranch Review ...

I was flipping through my TBR list and thought ' what they hay' for this one and gave it a go.  So glad I did because it was exactly what I needed at that moment, which was a super sweet romance with a gorgeous cowboy.

Young love is a tricky thing and often it is something that goes into our
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Bargain Basement: GIVEAWAY - Second Chance Ranch 1 4 Sep 15, 2014 05:25AM
  • Resisting the Rancher (Three River Ranch, #4)
  • Making Waves (Perfect Kisses, #3.5)
  • Wild About Her Wingman (Secret Wishes, #3)
  • The Bouquet List
  • Racing the Hunter's Moon (Under the Hood, #3)
  • Her Unexpected Detour (Checkerberry Inn, #1)
  • Her Secret, His Surprise
  • Taming the Country Star (Hometown Heroes, #1)
  • Brushing Off the Boss (Half Moon Bay, #2)
  • Flirting with Danger (Firefighters of Adelaide, #1)
  • Kissing Kendall (Maritime City, #2)
  • Resisting Her Rival (Stealing the Heart, #2)
  • Your B&B or Mine? (Maple Cove, #1)
  • Accidentally Married on Purpose (Love and Games, #3)
  • Tempted in the Tropics (Suddenly Smitten, #2)
  • Head Over Heels for the Boss (The Donovan Brothers, #3)
  • Just for the Summer (Lake Bliss, #1)
  • Real Men Don't Quit (Real Men, #2)
Cindi Madsen is a USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary romance and young adult novels. She sits at her computer every chance she gets, plotting revising, and falling in love with her characters. Sometimes it makes her a crazy person. Without it, she’d be even crazier. She has way too many shoes, but can always find a reason to buy a new pretty pair, especially if they’re sparkly, colorful, ...more

Hope Springs (3 books)
  • Crazy for the Competition (Hope Springs, #2)
  • The Bad Boy's Baby (Hope Springs, #3)
“She’d heard people talk about electricity and butterflies; being with Royce was like a lightning storm and hummingbirds.” 1 likes
“She kissed him with all the built-up frustration inside her and drew it out, gently biting his lower lip. He groaned, and she moved her lips to his ear. "The longer you make me wait, the harder I'm gonna make you work for it.” 1 likes