Start by marking “Rout of the Dem-Shyr (Ascendant, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rout of the Dem-Shyr (Ascendant, #2)

Rout of the Dem-Shyr (Ascendant #2)

4.23  ·  Rating Details  ·  201 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Touted as the future ruler and savior of worlds, Ascendant KyrVawn is ready to put her growing power to good use. She intends to begin with her home planet of Alametria, where hints of corruption have infiltrated the highest levels of the palace. It’s a monumental task, but one she won’t undertake alone.

By her side is her personal bodyguard and secret lover, Dem-Shyr TaeDa
Published July 21st 2014 by Iambe Books, LLC (first published July 18th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Rout of the Dem-Shyr, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rout of the Dem-Shyr

A Book Vacation
Aug 12, 2014 A Book Vacation rated it it was amazing
To see my full review:

If you’re looking for an intense, sexy, powerful series that will leave you breathless, look no further. Raine Thomas’ Ascendant series is the perfect blend of action, romance, thriller, and mystery as readers are taken on a ride throughout the galaxy.

Fraught with tension, Rout of the Dem-Shyr definitely made my heart hurt as I read—especially with the opening of the story, a jaw-dropping revelation that put me on pins and needles thr
BookHookup
Jul 27, 2014 BookHookup rated it it was amazing
You know how sometimes when you read a second book in a series, you’re disappointed because it feels like filler? Well, I am happy to tell you that this book is nothing like that!! There is so much to love here. So much action…deceit…mystery. So much fantasy…romance…emotion. Just so much of everything I love.

I devoured this book, just like I did the first one, because I loved the characters and the world the Ms. Thomas has created. Right from the first page, she had my attention and then kept it
Ana
Jul 27, 2014 Ana rated it it was amazing

EndlessReading
Jul 21, 2014 EndlessReading rated it it was amazing
By FARRR the best in this series so far!

UPDATE:
WOW!

Here's me thinking that Thomas couldn't top the first book in this series "The Ascendant" but she totally did. "Rout Of The Dem-Shyr" is my favourite so far, but I can see myself saying that about all the books in this series when they are released.....Thomas certainly knows how to keep the reader enthralled and intrigued and craving more...

Kyr has Ascended and is becoming more powerful each day, in the beginning of ROTDS, Thomas leaves the read
Kel (Faerie-bookworm)
Wow, I'm in love with this series. Just need to get my hands on the last book :D
Take Me Away To A Great Read
Dec 04, 2014 Take Me Away To A Great Read rated it it was amazing
5 out of 5 stars

I received a copy from the author for an honest review.

This is an amazing sequel that I jumped right into. I loved the emotion that she drew from this story. I cherished that love and belief in love can conquer fear and forgive. Relationships are tested, and are never the same! Things will happen to them that they never saw coming!!! Raine opens up Route of the Dem-Shyr with you saying OMG!!! They thought they had more power and control then they seemed to. Things are going on t
Lisa
Sep 03, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Omg....I have said it before and I will say it many more times Raine Thomas Rocks. I often blame my baby for sleepless nights and bags and dark circles under my eyes but I think Ms Thomas really needs to take some of the blame, if she didn't write such amazing books I am sure I would get to bed at an reasonable hour.

The first chapter.. Nah the first line was all it took for me to be hooked. Straight away she fills the pages with mystery and intrigue that it is impossible to put down until the la
Meowzilla Y
Jul 23, 2014 Meowzilla Y rated it it was amazing
Great sequel to the first book! ROTDS not only follows up on the story line but also expands it in depth and breadth, allowing us to get a bigger picture of what the main characters are up against. The book starts with a twist that hooks you right away and makes you keep reading to find out what happens next. The hero and heroine are faced with seemingly insurmountable odds that just go to prove how strong their greater-than-life love is. It's a page turner and I can't wait for the 3rd and last ...more
Stacey
Jul 20, 2014 Stacey rated it it was amazing
This book is unbloodybelivable Eek
I love it, even the part that killed me emotional is an understatement .
Raine Thomas write the ultimate magnificent story full of twists mind blowing shocks and jaw-dropping story I couldnt get enough need more .
I love the TyDane and Kyr. They are perfect together and I was left in ore .
Tara Humphrey
Jul 28, 2014 Tara Humphrey rated it really liked it
I really think that I liked this book better than the first one. Kyr was much more poised in this book. I enjoyed all of the intrigue. Ty was selfless and amazing as always.
I can't wait for the next book in the series! Vycor, we are coming for you!! (Mama Bear too...haven't quite decided on Papa Bear yet.) :)
Tammie
Sep 11, 2014 Tammie rated it it was amazing
Rout of the Dem-Shyr. I couldn't wait to download it to my kindle and start my sheet grabbing action of a ride. If you’re looking for an intense, sexy, powerful series that will leave you breathless, you just found it. Raine Thomas’ Ascendant series is an excellent blend of action, romance, and mystery as readers are taken to another incredible world!

Rout of the Dem-Shyr has been one of my favorite reads of the year, definitely gave me exactly what I was looking for in the Oh my awesomesauce ter
Felicia Semmler
Jul 15, 2014 Felicia Semmler rated it it was amazing
Wow! This was prolly one of the best sequels I have read in a long time. I love Ty and Kyr - their forbidden love. Man the corruption you discover in the first book is just the start what happens in this book will shock you!!! I cannot wait for the next book - this series is just amazing. Well done :)
Debra
Jul 31, 2014 Debra rated it really liked it
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. It picked up where the first one left off and started of with a bang which left me wanting to read on to find out what happened as something unexplained happened to a major character at the hands of another major character that made no sense at all. The author did a great job of taking the reader through the events leading up to the shocker. The events afterward leading up to the conclusion of the book kept my interest. I wil ...more
Debbie
Nov 04, 2014 Debbie rated it it was amazing
This is book two in the "Ascendant" series and it is brilliant. The next book comes out before the end of the year, so get these books now, so you can read the last one, the day it releases. You will thank me for this tip and you are welcome
Becky Shambley
Raine Thomas has done it again. She has consistently written high quality stories that engage, thrill and forcefully grab reader's imaginations and don't let go! Her first book, Becoming, was instantly my favorite, and just like that first series, I am hooked.
The quality of her books is easily that of a book coming out of a major publishing house, and her command of her craft is just unquestionable.
I won't go into a synopsis of the book, I will just say, if you enjoy some fantasy in your reading
Sue M. Van
Sep 29, 2014 Sue M. Van rated it it was amazing
In this sequel to Return of the Ascendant, the story continues with further complications between the lovers, Ascendant KyrVawn and her secret lover Dem-Shyr Taedane. The forces of evil exist in this strange new world for KyrVawn that she has no idea of. Even those closest to her cannot be trusted. The story will keep the reader going until the end is reached and the conclusion is finally realized. This is another from Raine Thomas that will keep the reader going page after page.
Kelly May
Loved!

He did what?!?!? Kyr and Ty have a love that's meant to be... There's only one problem.... It's forbidden. Kyr is meant to rule the worlds and, as her protector, Ty can't have loving her become a liability. As Kyr becomes the Ascendant it seems those closest to her want her dead and her title but Ty?!?! He was meant to protect her... He loved her... But Kyr wakes up to find he killed her.

This book will have you captivated as you race to find out the truth. Who can Kyr trust? And who just
Jennie
Another awesome offering from Raine Thomas. In the second book of the series, the action picks up from where it left off and boy, it continues throughout the book.

Now that Ty and Kyr have discovered Vycor is a power mad force to be reckoned with, who just happens to know their secret, they share a mutual hatred for him. A hatred that grows fiercely throughout the book with each shocking and devious discovery of just how low he will sink to get what he wants. He is the ultimate villain that you
*Lily's*
Oct 10, 2015 *Lily's* rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: july, 2014
Man, what a way to begin a book. Rout of the Dem-Shyr starts off with a glimpse of whats to come and then it goes back to where we left off in Return of the Ascendant. The glimpse gets you wondering " what the hell happened".

In this sequel, Kyra has to go with her gut and trust those around her. Crazy things are happening in the Palace. She learns that many people are being manipulated and influenced and she has to find a way to stop it. With the help of her closest friends, she wants to righ
Michelle Cornwell-Jordan
Nov 29, 2014 Michelle Cornwell-Jordan rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of Rout of the Dem-Shyr for read and review...but this does not affect my honest review!

Rout of the Dem-Shyr (Ascendant#2) follows the story of Ascendant KyrVawn and her personal bodyguard and secret lover, Dem-Shyr TaeDane. Kyr is attempting to find her place in her home again and also adjust to her new role. But at the same time she cannot deny that she has changed while obtaining her life lessons on earth. Also she cannot deny her feelings for TaeDane. She hate
K
Dec 20, 2015 K rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 2015
Another amazing installment for the Ascendent series. From the opening pages I knew this story was goig to be an emotional rollercoaster but wow! That was a lot. I loved watching as Vycor's plan unfolded. It was so perfectly devious and solidified him as a worthwhile opponent for Kyr and Ty. I think Ty's sections were some of my favorites as he tried to navigate his way around the Dark Lands in order to seek his vengeance.

Once again another great addition to the series. I can't wait to see how
Stacie Thompson-Davis
Keeps you on your toes

Once again another series that keeps you on your toes. It's fast paced but detailed oriented do that it keeps the reader from getting bored!!!!! Off to book 3
Hailey
May 12, 2015 Hailey rated it liked it
Another good, likeable read.
Serena Principi
Aug 01, 2015 Serena Principi rated it it was amazing
Woaaaaa love it !! ...more
Snowrose
Snowrose marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Amanda
Amanda is currently reading it
Aug 22, 2016
Lorane Mitchell
Lorane Mitchell rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2016
tienne foreman
tienne foreman rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2016
Jennie
Jennie marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2016
  • Dark Secrets (Dark, #2)
  • A Wolf in the Fold (Triple Trouble, #6)
  • Moon Mark (Mark, #2)
  • Earth (The Invasion Trilogy #1)
  • Broken Fragments (Glass, #2)
  • Earth's blood (Earth Reclaimed #2)
  • Fury Rising (Dark Inside #3)
  • Hellhound Twisted (Kasadya, #2)
  • Stained (Stained #1)
  • Reclamation (The Ravening, #3)
  • With Visions of Red (Broken Bonds #2)
  • Masked (New World, #2)
  • Unfinished Muse (Mt. Olympus Employment Agency: Muse, #1)
  • Paladin (Elemental Paladins, #2)
  • Unraveling Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #5)
  • Fractured Suns (Broken Skies, #2)
  • Zoey Avenger (Incubatti, #2)
  • Resurrection (Apocalypse Chronicles, #2)
Raine Thomas is the award-winning author of bestselling Young Adult and New Adult fiction. Known for character-driven stories that inspire the imagination, Raine recently signed with multiple award-winning producer Chase Chenowith of Back Fence Productions to bring her popular Daughters of Saraqael trilogy to the big screen. She's a proud indie author who is living the dream.

Raine is a hopeless ro
More about Raine Thomas...

Ascendant (3 books)
  • Return of the Ascendant (Ascendant, #1)
  • Rise of the Faire-Amanti (Ascendant, #3)