Start by marking “Six Strings (Volume 1)” as Want to Read:
Six Strings (Volume 1)

Six Strings (Volume 1)

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  49 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Riley Witt is running out of time.

Battling Alzheimer’s disease, Riley’s grandmother Mary suffers from memory loss, mood swings, and a tendency to wander off.

As senior year approaches, Riley has to face the reality that the one person she depends on most is slowly fading. Making matters worse, when Mary does remember the past, she tells tales of time travel and visions. As
Published June 2014 by Booktrope

Kim
Jun 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hope the author is working on the next book, because I'm very anxious to see how this story pans out! There were a couple of editing errors that we're distracting for half a second, but the story is strong enough to look past those. I really enjoyed the original story, the real characters, and the escape the story provided the reader...not to mention it's set in my hometown, which was cool to see through someone else's eyes. I can't wait to see where the main character, Riley, goes next!!!
Geralyn
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club
Can't wait for the next volume! Fast, fun and entertaining! Enjoyed the characters and their interaction and the location! Pleased to see Mary's illness so realistically depicted. Looking forward to traveling with Riley again!
J.L. Dobias
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: soft SFF and time travel romance lovers
Shelves: book-shelf-09
Six Strings by Jen Sanya Williamson

I've read plenty of books and recently I seem to be seeing a lot of time travel novels. So when someone in Goodreads suggested that this book was well written with believable characters and some jaw dropping twists; I had to give it a try.I first read the sample and of course ended up buying the e-book and finished reading it in one sitting. This novel was so awesome it kept me in the story right to the end.

Riley Witt is a time traveler but she doesn't know it
kyendwarrior
Originally posted at: http://ethpages.blogspot.com/2014/08/...

This book surprised me- in a really good way. Based on the blurb, I didn’t think this was a time-traveling novel, and I still didn’t believe it until she, well, actually time-traveled. LOL. I really liked how that time traveling aspect was played out. Time-traveling in this book wasn't for some mission to save human-kind, but rather time-traveling is very personal for the traveler. I’m still not sure as to why she leaps back (there ar
Hebe Young
I must say, when I was first offered to review this book I leapt at the opportunity. I had never heard of it, yet I was intrigued by the synopsis. I haven't really read a book quite like this one and I have to say it was not what I expected.

When I started the book I have to admit that I was in the midst of (as many avid readers will understand) a reading slump, so it took me longer than usual to get into the book, but I have to say, it certainly proved me wrong.

The first thing I truly loved abou
Gabs {My Full Bookshelf Reviews}

*This review contains some spoilers*

I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

There are certain books where I simply have to fangirl over every single aspect of the plot, characters, romance, etc. Six Strings is one of those books.

Right from the beginning, I was totally into this book. I never lost interest once; when I finished, I was in a mixed state of bliss and sadness, because the story was wonderful, but I wanted it to go on longer.

Rile
Kathleen
Aug 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Six Strings is an intriguing young adult novel with a time travel twist that engages the reader to follow Riley Witt's journey of self-discovery and uncovering the hidden dynamic and secrets of her family.

Author Jen Sanya Williamson weaves a wonderful story about the special bond between high school senior Riley Witt and her grandmother Mary, who is suffering from Alzheimer's disease. Before the disease takes away all of her memory, Mary tells Riley that they share the gift of being a time trave
ReadAlong With Sue
Jul 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-tours
It was lovely to read a wholesome refreshing book like this.
I'm no prude, but a lot of authors these days are using some vile language in books and making it so erotic it belongs on the top shelf!Somehow, there is a trend.

All has its place, but too much of a good thing can sometimes get boring [that's just me]

Just look at that cover, its unique, well thought out and is part of the story. To me as an avid reader and reviewer I tend to notice things MORE than what's written in the actual book. I
Paula  Phillips
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I first saw the title of this book , I thought it was to do with Music and was another musician story but what captivated me the most was the amazing cover , as I loved the colour scheme of the purple and the turquoise - they are not normally two colours that you see together but they work well. This novel though turned out to be so much more as we first meet Riley and her grandmother Mary. Her Grandmother Mary has Alzheimers and is getting worst by the day but her grandmother has something ...more
Andrea Murray
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Six Strings by Jen Sanya Williamson
I received a copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review.
From the fantastic opening chapter to the jaw-dropping ending, this novel is amazing! There wasn’t anything I didn’t love about Six Strings. All of the characters are perfectly created to make this unbelievable, time travel notion totally possible.

I don’t typically like time travel novels and can count on one hand the number I’ve read and actually enjoyed; I get so confused and hate trying to rem
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Crazy for Young A...: eBook in Exchange for Review: Six Strings 3 34 Sep 06, 2014 02:53PM
Jen Sanya Williamson is a graduate of the University of Arizona where she received a BA in creative writing. She spends most of her time with her junior high students, teaching and talking books. When not in a classroom, Jen is writing, watching TV shows from the ‘90s, or cheering on the Wildcats with her husband and children in her adopted hometown of Tucson, Arizona.
More about Jen Sanya Williamson...