Start by marking “Six Strings (Volume 1)” as Want to Read:
Six Strings (Volume 1)

Six Strings (Volume 1)

Riley Witt is running out of time.

Battling Alzheimer’s disease, Riley’s grandmother Mary suffers from memory loss, mood swings, and a tendency to wander off.

As senior year approaches, Riley has to face the reality that the one person she depends on most is slowly fading. Making matters worse, when Mary does remember the past, she tells tales of time travel and visions. As
Published June 2014 by Booktrope

Kim
Jun 24, 2014 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hope the author is working on the next book, because I'm very anxious to see how this story pans out! There were a couple of editing errors that we're distracting for half a second, but the story is strong enough to look past those. I really enjoyed the original story, the real characters, and the escape the story provided the reader...not to mention it's set in my hometown, which was cool to see through someone else's eyes. I can't wait to see where the main character, Riley, goes next!!!
Geralyn
Jun 04, 2014 Geralyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club
Can't wait for the next volume! Fast, fun and entertaining! Enjoyed the characters and their interaction and the location! Pleased to see Mary's illness so realistically depicted. Looking forward to traveling with Riley again!
J.L. Dobias
Jul 09, 2014 J.L. Dobias rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: soft SFF and time travel romance lovers
Shelves: book-shelf-09
Six Strings by Jen Sanya Williamson

I've read plenty of books and recently I seem to be seeing a lot of time travel novels. So when someone in Goodreads suggested that this book was well written with believable characters and some jaw dropping twists; I had to give it a try.I first read the sample and of course ended up buying the e-book and finished reading it in one sitting. This novel was so awesome it kept me in the story right to the end.

Riley Witt is a time traveler but she doesn't know it
kyendwarrior
Originally posted at: http://ethpages.blogspot.com/2014/08/...

This book surprised me- in a really good way. Based on the blurb, I didn’t think this was a time-traveling novel, and I still didn’t believe it until she, well, actually time-traveled. LOL. I really liked how that time traveling aspect was played out. Time-traveling in this book wasn't for some mission to save human-kind, but rather time-traveling is very personal for the traveler. I’m still not sure as to why she leaps back (there ar
Hebe Young
I must say, when I was first offered to review this book I leapt at the opportunity. I had never heard of it, yet I was intrigued by the synopsis. I haven't really read a book quite like this one and I have to say it was not what I expected.

When I started the book I have to admit that I was in the midst of (as many avid readers will understand) a reading slump, so it took me longer than usual to get into the book, but I have to say, it certainly proved me wrong.

The first thing I truly loved abou
Gabs {My Full Bookshelf Reviews}

*This review contains some spoilers*

I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

There are certain books where I simply have to fangirl over every single aspect of the plot, characters, romance, etc. Six Strings is one of those books.

Right from the beginning, I was totally into this book. I never lost interest once; when I finished, I was in a mixed state of bliss and sadness, because the story was wonderful, but I wanted it to go on longer.

Rile
Kathleen
Aug 19, 2014 Kathleen rated it really liked it
Six Strings is an intriguing young adult novel with a time travel twist that engages the reader to follow Riley Witt's journey of self-discovery and uncovering the hidden dynamic and secrets of her family.

Author Jen Sanya Williamson weaves a wonderful story about the special bond between high school senior Riley Witt and her grandmother Mary, who is suffering from Alzheimer's disease. Before the disease takes away all of her memory, Mary tells Riley that they share the gift of being a time trave
Sue1958
Jul 15, 2014 Sue1958 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-tours
It was lovely to read a wholesome refreshing book like this.
I'm no prude, but a lot of authors these days are using some vile language in books and making it so erotic it belongs on the top shelf!Somehow, there is a trend.

All has its place, but too much of a good thing can sometimes get boring [that's just me]

Just look at that cover, its unique, well thought out and is part of the story. To me as an avid reader and reviewer I tend to notice things MORE than what's written in the actual book. I
Paula  Phillips
Jul 18, 2014 Paula Phillips rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I first saw the title of this book , I thought it was to do with Music and was another musician story but what captivated me the most was the amazing cover , as I loved the colour scheme of the purple and the turquoise - they are not normally two colours that you see together but they work well. This novel though turned out to be so much more as we first meet Riley and her grandmother Mary. Her Grandmother Mary has Alzheimers and is getting worst by the day but her grandmother has something ...more
Andrea Murray
Jul 07, 2014 Andrea Murray rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Six Strings by Jen Sanya Williamson
I received a copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review.
From the fantastic opening chapter to the jaw-dropping ending, this novel is amazing! There wasn’t anything I didn’t love about Six Strings. All of the characters are perfectly created to make this unbelievable, time travel notion totally possible.

I don’t typically like time travel novels and can count on one hand the number I’ve read and actually enjoyed; I get so confused and hate trying to rem
Pam
Jul 17, 2014 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let’s be honest here, I read this book in two nights. It was so good I couldn’t put it down. I got pulled back into my teenage years, but in a good way. I’m not saying that Riley had it easy though, because she definitely didn’t.

Riley’s summer leading into senior year is basically taking care of her grandmother who has Alzheimer’s. Riley and her grandmother were/are super close, so this is heartbreaking. Sometimes her grandmother is perfectly coherent, other times she wanders off and is in her o
Kelly Mccurdy
Aug 08, 2014 Kelly Mccurdy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
~~I received this in exchange for an honest review~~

I read this book thinking that this is about music. And in some aspect, I guess that it is. However, it isn't all about music. We meet Riley during the summer vacation before her senior year in high school. She has been put in charge if taking care of her grandmother who has dementia. Mary (her grandmother) starts telling Riley about her visions, and time travel. But Riley just thinks they are stories that Mary is telling her, for example, sh
Alleluialu
Jul 26, 2014 Alleluialu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I actually finished this book a couple of days ago, but had no Internet connection to write a review. First of all, I am a big fan of time travel. I have read many time travel romance novels and a few time travel novels that we're not romances. This novel is in the latter category. Riley is on a quest to use the gift she inherited to discover things about herself and the people closest to her. It gives her a chance to experience her grandmother when she was not under the influence of Altzheimer' ...more
Samantha March
Sep 11, 2014 Samantha March rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a review copy

Six Strings is a fantastic debut that brings up into Riley’s world and on a great adventure with her. The writing is fluid and makes it easy for readers to jump right in and get caught up with Riley and her supporting cast. The time travel aspect was fascinating to me, and there are definitely still many questions that are left to be answered, so I know I’m not the only one eagerly waiting for book two! A great book for YA/NA readers and even into the adult genre, I hope
Yani
Jul 27, 2014 Yani rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

♫ ♪ ♩
Who does not want to have a gift of TIME TRAVELLING
A want that worth the lift of tripping

Enjoyable, agreeable
A master copy of characters, story,
everything bringing!

I'm fond of the exceptional bond
of Mary and Riley

All of my thumbs
goes of bumps
♭ ♬ ♮ ♪
Elizabeth Malee
Jul 01, 2014 Elizabeth Malee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down!

Williamson's first book leaves you craving the next volume. With a little fantasy, a little romance and precise writing, Williamson takes the reader into a journey filled with smart teens, good music and family relationships. Riley is an interesting character, and I love that she is a gifted student and rule follower. Her relationships with her parents and friends are authentic and captivating. Can't wait for volume 2!
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This is a really truly amazing read.

This story is based on Riley and her grandmother Mary who has Alzheimer's. The relationship between these two is beautiful. I thought the author did a great job of portraying these characters as read. This has a great storyline with lots of twists and turns. Gripping read.

I will say that I don't normally read time travel books. I'm so glad that I got a chance to read this book.

Give this beautifully written story a chance- you won't regret it.
Dalene
Aug 14, 2014 Dalene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First, I would like to thank the author Jen Sanya Williamson for giving me this book for an honest review. The story-line is good, I enjoyed reading this book. The characters are well developed and written. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Katie
Jun 04, 2014 Katie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good. Can't wait for the next one!
Louisa
Aug 09, 2014 Louisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book, YA time travel, with lots of great twits, yeah, very good!
Amber (Cosying Up With Books)
Review and Giveaway will be up tomorrow here:

Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2014
Erin
Erin rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2014
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2014
Marty
Marty rated it it was ok
Nov 06, 2014
Sarah rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2014
Christa
Christa rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2014
Suzie Quint
Suzie Quint rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2015
Gloria Nielsen
Gloria Nielsen rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2014
Felisha
Felisha rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2014
Crazy for Young A...: eBook in Exchange for Review: Six Strings 3 34 Sep 06, 2014 02:53PM
Jen Sanya Williamson is a graduate of the University of Arizona where she received a BA in creative writing. She spends most of her time with her junior high students, teaching and talking books. When not in a classroom, Jen is writing, watching TV shows from the ‘90s, or cheering on the Wildcats with her husband and children in her adopted hometown of Tucson, Arizona.
More about Jen Sanya Williamson...