Start by marking “Covert (Chicago Angels, #1)” as Want to Read:
Covert (Chicago Angels, #1)

Covert (Chicago Angels #1)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  219 Ratings  ·  106 Reviews
Alessandro is the unwilling heir of a Chicago crime family. Intent on leaving the life set out for him, he decides to run as fast and as far away as possible. His plans crumble when one girl crash lands in his life. He should hate the daughter of his father’s mistress, but it’s near impossible when he finds that they are alike in more ways than one.

Olivia grew up watching
Published December 2nd 2014 by G.K. Moore

To ask other readers questions about Covert, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Covert

Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘
THREE STARS!

When it comes to books about notorious crime families, I'll be the first to admit that I don't have a vast reading knowledge of these types of books, so I was more than happy to get my hands on this ARC, not only because it was my first, but also because I wanted to delve a bit more into this genre. And I have to say that I was quite pleased with this debut novel and can't wait to delve a little bit more into these types of books.

Covert starts off with a bang. Quite literally. Well,

Release date: December 2, 2014
Rating:3.5 stars
Cliffhanger:Yes
HEA: (view spoiler)

To say I'm having conflicted feelings about this book is putting it mildly. Ask me at random points in the book how I felt about it and I would give you a variety of answers. When I was offered a chance to read this book, after reading the opening paragraph, let's just say I was sufficiently hooked and ready to see what this author had
✿kawehi.reviews
Jun 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
-ARC Sign up HERE!!-

☆ I received an ARC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

3-3.5 stars!!

Unexpected first love. Secret agendas. Devious motives. Betrayal. Devastation. And heartbreaking loss.

Welcome to the world of G.K. Moore’s Covet.

☆☆☆☆☆

Covert Teaser Banner800x400

As the book debut from this author, I was actually quite surprised at how much I liked it. Covet was interesting, it was baffling, and it made me want to covet these characters into a love cocoon and never let them escape to lif
G.K. Moore
Jul 21, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Lindsay
I really want to knock a star off for the end because I hated it but to be perfectly honest, this book was amazing. I couldn't put it down.

I'm seriously addicted to mafia romances. There's just something about the guys that strikes a chord with me. Maybe it's their combination of being alpha males and going for revenge on the bad guys that threaten or hurt their women. But either way, from page one, Alex was perfect. I loved every moment of him.

Olivia aka Lou aka Lou Lou aka Livi....well...I h
Simona Misevska
First i need book 2 now,i need to know what happen next,i need to see Alex and olivia HEA,second i swear same author are sadistic,Damn and damn you cliffy,after that ending this is me right now:
description

Olivia(Lulu,Lou,Livi) just killed a man in her apartment,she know that the only men how will help her is Alessandro D'Angelo-her first love, and the men how broke her heart in million pieces.Olivia had bad and hard childhood,with her alcoholic mother who doesn't care for her,things to get even worst her m
Jesey ~ Schmexy GIrl~
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am going to start by telling you to DROP what you are doing and pick up this book! For a debut novel I was blown away and I’m going to mandate that everyone reads it ASAP ;) I was NOT disappointed in this book at all!

Set in Chicago we follow the story of Alessandro aka Alex and Olivia aka Livi/Lulu. Their pasts were thrown together, torn apart, and now they are back in each other’s lives.

“I should’ve know the past would catch up to me – he would always catch up with me.”

This story will keep yo
հմցՏɑղժϲօօƘíҽՏ
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it

Damn this is cliffhanger where you would want to know what's going to happen next.

Okay the book felt a little off in the beginning and then a few chapters in BAM it unravels with so maaaany twists and turns that for me it's total angst when feelings aren't been genuine so this is me when I read Alessandro and Olivia's feelings...

Book 2 where are you!!!
Zakirrah BookBlogger
3 Stars!!

This is book 1 in the Chicago Angels Series by G.K.Moore and consists of a cliffhanger which will either make you want to beg the author for the next book or bang your head against a wall.This is G.K.Moore's debut novel and I think she did a good job in reeling the reader in and wanting to read on to see how things will work out.

I love mafia romance so when I was offered an arc of this one I jumped at the chance.I didn't know how it would go and didn't read any reviews before reading i
Jennifer Senhaji
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This suspenseful romance grabbed me from the beginning and kept me up into the wee hours of the night reading. The story begins with great action, and the author does an excellent job of keeping the reader on the edge of their seat. The backstory is revealed perfectly throughout the story between action packed scenes and steamy romance, only giving you enough to keep you wanting more.
Alex is the domineering hero that you want to hate, but can’t help but love.
Lulu, is the vulnerable heroine who
Jenna
* * Arc provided in exchange for an honest review * *

I have so many feelings and i just don't know what to do about them because this book utterly destroyed me. I haven't read a lot of books that I've given 5 stars too but there is no doubt in my mind that this book is 5 and beyond stars.

Olivia, or Lulu or Lou or Livi, was such a beautiful heroine. Her home life was something people need decades of therapy to recover from, yet she was such a strong character and you're able to see her character
Stefanie
Nov 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided by Fifty Shades of Grey Support Group for honest review**

This was my first book by G.K. Moore and it definitely exceeded all my expectations. For the most part mafia books can sometimes be unreal but this actually read like some of my favorite crime boss/mafia books.
The two main characters are Olivia and Alessandro. Alessandro is a couple of years older than Olivia and is now the head of his part crime lifestyle/ part businessman. He is a real estate investor that happens to mix
Dirty Dayna
Nov 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-r2r-arr
3.75 D’Angelo Stars
This book is tricky it would be a solid 4 stars but The language is a little tricky not every Italian word/phrase is translated.

ARC provided by the author for an honest review.

photo author_zps06219876.png
I love going online and seeing author requests to read their books <3
 photo http3A2F2F38.media.tumblr.com2Ftumblr_m20dyvYMiJ1qazkdco1_500_zpsfgkolhtz.gif
this book literally starts off with a bang, a mystery, a him and a blood/murder clean up crew wow!!
Our story starts when ( you know what fuck it I will pick my own damn name for this girl… her name is Liv for the purpose of thi
Lustful Literature
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
** JOSIE'S 5 STAR REVIEW **

WOW, just wow, the author started off with a BANG and she ended it that way as well. I love me a good mafia book that is filled with deception, secrets, dominant Italians and a heroin that believes in that one promise. The author never once lost me in the read. I had a slew of emotions while reading this book that left me questioning my sanity. I cried for Olivia/Lu Lu/Liv as well as laughed with her. I felt her heart wrenching in pain over and over again, all she
Moon Love
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure what I was expecting when I decided to read this book. I had hoped it would be hot and interesting, and boy was it that. However it was also really well written and also a mystery of sorts. Who was trying to kill Olivia and what had happened to Alessandro and Olivia six years before? I should've known I was going to fall in love with this book when a body was discovered on page one and set off events that I'm still thinking about long after I've finished reading this book.

I really
Hayley Faiman
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book.. i mean i loved to hate Alessandro..

i hate you photo: you're tacky and i hate you tumblr_m13he3dMnG1r5zq6ao2_500.gif

He really pissed me off.. and his actions after seeing her for the first time in years.. i was like wtf?

photo tumblr_mgzu1iy22U1rjj97jo1_500.gif

This story is about Olivia.. there are a few flashbacks to her childhood and i usually don't like flashbacks at all but these are short snippets that are needed for the reader to understand the relationship between Alessandro and Olivia.

kids holding hands photo: Holding Hands i114452142_20190.jpg

God Olivia's mom was queen bitch

sigh photo: Ugh OMG.gif

Silvio sweet jesus that guy is.. there aren't even words...

asshole photo tumblr_m1voxy1D3n1r2yedv.gif

If you
Candiefloss
Nov 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Covert - Chicago Angels #1 - 3.75 stars

*I was gifted an ARC of this book in return for an honest review*

I don't think I've ever been so conflicted about a story before. There's no denying that the book is great, brilliant even. The author draws you into a world that's raw and dark and gritty. In a round about way it reminded me of Spin and Ruin; a criminal world that sees people dealing or running and is filled with secrets - all amongst a dark romance. A love that is just out of their grasp du
Lisa
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Covert by G.K. Moore is the first in the Chicago Angels series. An edge of your seat, enticing, suspenseful read that will leave you desperate for more.

Olivia has escaped her past for over six years but now it has caught up with her.

She had one chance to call him. Life or death, he said. Well, it was life or death alright.

Alessandro didn't expect the call from Olivia and didn't know how to reign his emotions in to handle business the way he has planned for the years since she has been gone.

Every
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love reading debut novel because I have no idea what to except when reading them. Covert is G.K. Moore's debut novel and it's great. Covert has romance, suspense, and the mafia in it.

It starts off with a big issue Olivia is having and the story pulls you right in. Olivia also goes by Lou and Lulu. She has been strong and independent but she needs help with her issue. She calls Alex for help and is pulled back into the life she left 6 years ago.

Alex is a strong alpha male. At times I wasn't s
Suzanne Mayer
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing and I found it hard to put down. The story is suspenseful and kept me on the edge wanting to know what will happen next. The author does a very good job of building the story, smoothly intermingling the past back story and present within different chapters of the book.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading it through both points of views of the main characters Olivia(Livi) and Alessandro(Alex). The characters have a lot of depth and are well developed. I couldn't help feeling sad fo
Janee
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
G.K. MooreI received this book from the author for my honest review

Please tell me there is gone to be another one after this!!!! It keep on edge from the beginning. I truly thought I had it figured out about the ending, but course I was total wrong. This was a very suspenseful and exciting read. I eagerly to await to see is a next book, cuz I'll jump right on that a soon it comes out!!
BabyKeepTalkin
I kindly recieved an arc in exchange for an honest review.

5 stars for this amazing read.

description
I had been sure he would never be a part of my life again. After all, he had made that choice. But with a bleeding body on my floor, it seemed that facing him would be inevitable.

I closed my eyes and relished his embrace, knowing I would have to pull back at any moment. Then he said the word’s that were my undoing. “I missed you, love.”

He had sent her away. Told her not to call him unless it was a matter of l
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was very kindly provided with a copy of Covert to read and review by the author.

Covert is the opening book of the Chicago Angels series and it certainly gets things going with a huge bang and not just the one from me banging my head against the nearest brick wall because of that jaw dropping cliffy ending. This is the beginning of the story of Alessandro 'Alex' D’Angelo and Olivia 'Livi, Lulu, Lou'. Alex is dragged into his fathers criminal life literally kicking and screaming, Lou is equally
books are love
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Oh Alex...You are so swoony even if you are in a horrible place and situation. And LIvi girl growup. Seriously did you even think for one second that maybe things aren't what they seem that maybe people are doing things for a reason. You are a wee bit selfish and self absorbed. Years ago you changed the course of life for Alex. You made him need to make decisions that tore him apart and tore the two of you apart and now you call him for help, act like a petulant child, endanger people and treat ...more
Tbird London
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I wasn’t sure how I felt about this one till I was done reading it and sat back and pondered the lead female characters behavior and role in this story. I went and looked at the reviews to see if others had an issue with her as well and found I wasn’t alone. What I do think makes me different than others who have strong feelings about her behavior is I believe she had to be this reckless in book one, to make whatever the author has coming late mean more. My gut tells me the ending of this book w ...more
Aseel (In My Secret -Book- World)
**An eARC was provided in exchange of an honest review**

I really liked this book! I'm a huge fan of anything dark, twisted or involving killers. They are my favorite books and I read a whole lot of them. This book had a little of everything mentioned above. Covert is told by both Alex and Olivia's POV, following their lives six years after their separation and the night that changed their lives forever.

This book started off with something very big happening. I liked the fact that we didn't have
Nerdy Chic
Alessandro ~ "I'll say I love you, only because the words to describe what I feel for you have not been created."

From the moment I started reading Covert, I did not want to put it down. Great plot and writing kept me guessing until the last page. I was desperate to know what was going to happen next!
The story starts off with a bang (literally) and Olivia has only one person that she can turn to. Alessandro, the son of her mother's lover and the man that stole her heart six years ago. Theirs is
Klaire
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
3 to 4 stars

I’m on the fence with this one, as you know I am a huge fan of the Mafia genre and have read many, many fictional books covering this subject. This one seemed a little tame in terms of Alessandro’s input to the story. It seemed that all the violence and blood centred around Livi. Or Lou. Or Olivia. Or Lulu. I really don’t know which name to use for the main character as she was referred to the four I’ve just mentioned. For arguments sake I’m going to go with Olivia. Anyway, it all r
Vera
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW

Olivia, also known as Lou, Lulu and Livi, had a rough childhood being raised by a mother who would do anything for money. When she was twelve, Olivia's mother became Silvio's mistress. Silvio was the head of the Chicago Italian mob. When they moved to his house, Olivia became isolated from the outside world, being homeschooled, until she met Alessandro (Alex). Although he wanted to hate her, Alex and Olivia became very close and fell in love. They planned running away but one night everything
Alexa Nichole Demers
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When Alessandro’s father moves in his mistress and her daughter he should hate her. When he meets Olivia for the first time he found someone who might be lonelier than he is. Alessandro befriends the little girl the few short moments when he is home. When one summer he comes home and everything has changed. Olivia is no longer a friend, she is someone he is falling in love with more and more every day.

Olivia has watched her mother bring home different men for months at a time but this new one m
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
New Adult Book Club: #30/15 Covert (Chicago Angels #1) by G.K. Moore 31 85 Mar 21, 2015 10:33AM
  • Jax
  • Deciding Love (Bloomfield, #3)
  • Sins of my Father (Black Brothers, #1)
  • Return of the Bad Girl (Rock Canyon, Idaho, #4)
  • Obsessed
  • Step F*@k: Book One (Step F*@k, #1)
  • Down to Business (Business, #1)
  • The Undercover Playboy (Captured by Love, #3)
  • Sleepless Nights (Wrath MC, #1)
  • No One's Hero (Chadwell Hearts, #2)
  • Trash
  • Bringing Home the Bad Boy (Second Chance, #1)
  • No One Like You (Barefoot William Beach, #4)
  • Show Stopper (Rock & Release, Act #3)
  • Branded
  • Speaking Greek (Foreign Exchange, #1)
  • Wild Cards: A Twisted Novel 3: Dark Romantic Standalone
  • Sparrow 59 (The Sleepers' Coalition, #1)
G.K. Moore loves cake, romances with alpha males and happily ever afters. Her debut novel, Covert, is a romantic suspense. It was released December 2nd and the backdrop is one of her all time favorite cities, Chicago.
More about G.K. Moore

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
  • The Replacement Crush
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)