Start by marking “Lock & Key (Lock & Key, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lock & Key (Lock & Key, #1)

Lock & Key

(Lock & Key #1)

Love not only stings when you lose it, when it’s ripped away, but when it first sinks its teeth into you, it can cut just as raw and sting just as deep.
Unfortunately, I had forgotten that.

I was allegedly South Dakota's most famous Old Lady.
Fifteen years ago I had survived my Old Man’s murder and swore to myself never again.
Never again surrender my heart.
Never again sacrifi
Published June 20th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Lock & Key, please sign up.
Heather If I remember correctly, she's in her late 30's or early 40's.
Heather This could be read as a standalone, there is no cliffhanger or real lead into the next one. I definitely think you should read the series as a whole…moreThis could be read as a standalone, there is no cliffhanger or real lead into the next one. I definitely think you should read the series as a whole though, they're amazing books.(less)

Christy
Sep 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
4-4.5 LOCK stars!

photo 4d4a7ac4-8e21-4d2e-aa24-300752e93f42_zps62f3aae3.jpg

I love biker books- the ones that are done right. And let me tell you... this one was done right. I was hooked from the prologue and couldn’t put it down. One forty something heroine. Two heroes- one from her past and one from her present. This is their story. A story about love, loss and redemption. About family and friends, sacrifice and loyalty. And a secret Grace has kept for sixteen years...
This is a story of my love for two men at two different moments of truth in my l
Desirae (Dee)
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lock & key

My god. Cat Porter. I want to start this off by telling you one thing I absolutely fucking loved about this book. You may think this is stupid, but I don't care. The H/h in this book weren't in their 20s. They were in their late 30s and miller was 40. Thank fuck for that. I'm sorry but I'm so sick of reading all these books where the main characters are in their 20s. I'm not in my 20s anymore. I want a mature, dirty, raunchy, raw, gritty, alpha male. And let me tell you, I have fo
XxTainaxX
Jul 15, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
I one-clicked this some time in the last few days, b/c it's on sale for $0.99, and bikers are HAWT . . .

Do yourself a favor and DON'T.

I'm not trash-talking indies—my favorite MC series are BOTH indies—but this one . . .

Same and not the same.

The main plot thread is just TERRIBLE. Like spits-on-the-cardinal-rules-of-romance TERRIBLE.
Elizabeth
4.5 Beautiful Biker Stars

"Real life is messy and strange, and our ride through it left plenty of bruises, slashed hearts, a few lifeless bodies, and blood and smoke in its wake. But it’s our story, this rather mangled tale."

Just finished this amazing read! My mind is still spinning with the images and emotions this book evoked. I found this book to be more than your run of the mill motorcycle romance. It was truly a story of sisterhood, family, friendship, and second chances.

As the story begins
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★ 4 Stars ★★★★

Well this was a nice surprise!For a start, the main characters were in their 40's, and secondly the heroine was kickass - I loved her just as much as the swoony alpha male biker.

This was almost like two stories melded into one, we have Grace of the present day, a widow who has returned to her home town to help her dying sister. She returns to the only place where she feels part of something and that is at the One Eyed Jacks MC.

On her way home she meets a handsome stranger in a b
Michelle [Helen Geek]
February 2017 --

So, trying to prep myself to read the second in this series, I read this again. Yep. Read again. I really like this series. It has everything I love in an escapist read; great characters, interesting story, a length I can sink my teeth into, etc. I've read #3 and #4 too. The second book put me off a bit, but I decided to bite it and go in ... here I go!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Overall Rating = 5 Stars
Book Cover / Book Blurb / Book Title = 5 / 4 / 4 = 4.5 Stars
Writer’s Voice = 5 S
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
MY RATING: ☆☆☆☆☆ LOCK & KEY by Cat Porter

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

☆ Complimentary copy provided by the author "Cat Porter" in exchange for an honest review ☆
~ THANK YOU ~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

5 One Eyed Jacks Stars

I sat down with this on my trusty ipad air and looked at how many hours it would take me to read this..I kid you not the fukka said 9 hours *faints* Either I'm a snail paced reader or I need to take the hammer to my ipad!! But here's the thing once I got into this story I could not put it down!! I fucking loved this!! Ok it
Michelle
This was just absolutely brilliant.

My friends have been saying how good these books were for while so I finally got around to reading them and I m killing myself why didn't I read them sooner the book was just brilliant. I m a big MC fan so I was looking forward to seeing how good this book was. I couldn't get enough once I started it. I hooked from the start and right until the end. I luvd everything about the story the characters really really can't complain about anything. It's the first boo
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014

J&G: 4.5 Stars

“Change is always good. Keeps the blood flowing right?”

Gitte: Change certainly is good and this MC book was a refreshing change at that. Why? Because our hero; Miller and our Heroine; Grace were older than what we’re used to which I absolutely loved! Not only that, Lock and Key was one of the best MC books I’ve read. It had such drama, passion, intrigue and suspense. It sure was a long book, but at no point did I want to skim or did I feel that anything written was superfluou
5 Flies By Eagles Stars!
This book started off in the present with Grace on her way home after being gone for sixteen years. She stops at a motel and decides to walk to this bar and have a drink. There she meets a man named Miller. After some talking, dancing and some heavy kissing they decide to move things back to her room. When Grace wakes up she sees a tattoo on Millers back and it causes all kinds of old memories to flood back into her mind. She makes a silent get away.

Miller is a member in
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grace wasn’t planning on returning home. For sixteen years she’s been gone. Sixteen years since her husband, Dig was killed. But when her sister calls to tell her she needs her, Grace knew it was time to come home. She never expected the sexy stranger she meets along her route home to be tied so much to her old life though.

Miller ‘Lock’ wasn’t looking for anything when he stumbled into the roadside bar, but he sure found something. A woman, one that sparked a feeling he had been searching for. O
Bev
I LOVE it when I pick up a book by a new to me author and it's just perfection. Even more surprising is this is a debut author, and she ROCKED this story.

Why? Because I got two believable main characters that I loved, great side characters, a brilliant story that was so very real, great writing, no editing issues and a fabulous epilogue. No cliffies here YAY!

I know some reviewers have taken off stars for the way the story went at 60%, TBH I wanted to kick him hard at 55% but I get where the auth
Dusti Hanrahan
It has taken me a while to review this because I had to immediately jump in to book 2.
This was a great MC story, very dif.
It was almost like 2 stories in 1 book. You fall in love w Grace and Digs from the past and then Grace and Miller in the present.
It was dirty and HOT and sexy as hell. The sex was intense, dirty, scandalous and I LOVED IT!
I loved that although it had so many of the typical biker elements in was unique in so many ways.
You go through so much with so many dif characters in this
Sammy ⭐️
Aug 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: biker, series, 4-star
I'm a huge Biker fan and it's getting harder to find ones that hit the mark, after reading a few reviews I really liked the sound of this one.

Grace was once part of the biker family within the One eyed Jacks. She's an Old Lady that will go down in history but tragedy struck causing her to run away from everything she's ever known.

Miller is the Road Chief for the One Eyed Jacks. A man that keeps everything locked up tight hence his road name "Lock"

photo B1E3B56D-BDA7-4C4E-8277-938E8775F20D_zpscnxjfbpe.jpg

When Grace and Miller meet one night in a bar t
VEL
4.5 Motherfudgemycake Stars!

description

I loved this MC book & the articulate way the author has the story going
back and forth from the past to present day with the main heroine Grace. Who by the way is a strong great character, like her name full of elegance and grace. Returning to her hometown because she has too. Returning 16 years after she lost everything.

We also have Miller’s point of view, which is the main male character in the story. I loved him straight away! I mean who wouldn't love a hunk
Paige
Wow

This was mind blowing. It was dark and gritty and soul shattering. It was also sweet and explosive and cleansing. I loved Miller and Grace. They were older and wiser and realistic. The description of MC life was fantastical (if I'm allowed to use Grace's wording). The back and forth between Miller and Grace really gave the book depth and character. In addition we also got the past and present from Grace's pov. One would think with all that going on it would get confusing but it absolutely doe
Vallsykes
Mar 10, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 56%
I might give this another go, but I can only see me rating it at a one or two stars.

This one produced a no-no for me.(view spoiler) Normally, I can read through this if it is understandable and written in a way that makes sense. Also, if it flows well with the conflict and/or plot. But this time, I had too many other potentially engrossing reads t
Jacqueline's Reads
Oct 13, 2014 marked it as top-tbr  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jacqueline's Reads by: Kara
Sexy MC book? Yes Please!

I suppose some of us have to get really dirty before we can become truly clean.

I was allegedly South Dakota’s most famous old lady.
Sixteen years ago I survived my old man’s murder

Never again.
Never again will I surrender my heart.
Never again will I sacrifice to the Club.

But that all changed in one night.

I came home and crashed into him,
and my past and present blew up in my face.
Both of us lonely, running on empty, and unwilling to admit it.

Until now.
Now I feel things I’d
Stacie
Jun 25, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 "Maybe I'm not being fair." Stars

Ok, so... I really don't know how to rate this book. It was an undoubtedly good story and the book was well-written. I liked the two MCs, quite a bit actually and I was happy for them at the end. But I didn't like the personal choices they made. The unfair part comes into play because I don't really see a way around them. Not anything realistic anyway when dealing with the club life; and this was the story the author wanted to tell. It just sucked IMO. It a
Christine
Kara
Oct 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kara by: Christy
My co-blogger said she's reading this... and I said why not. I didn't even know what it was about. I went in blind. I was completely hooked just reading the PROLOGUE.

Since then I have told everyone I know to put this book on their short list!! This book was great! The character build out - fantastic. The plot awesome. The dual POV and the Past & Present aspect - HOLY AMAZE BALLS. I read this book from cover to cover in practically one sitting.

Cat Porter did the world a good deed writing t
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
5++++ stars!!!

Once in a while, a book comes along that absolutely throws you for a loop and knocks your socks off and I'm happy to say LOCK & KEY is one of those books. A story about a 42-year-old heroine who has sacrificed her whole life to the One-Eyed Jacks MC, LOCK & KEY is hot, sexy, thrilling, perfectly written and filled with characters that I won't soon forget.

Grace and Lock meet right at the beginning of the story and sparks fly. They are both damaged and not looking to connect
Lisa
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really like a book that can take me by surprise and I find myself completely sucked into the story. I won't bother rehashing the storyline since it's been done on other reviews. I will say this story is a journey. Finding a way of letting go of the pain from the past and finding happiness again. I'm usually not a fan of books that jump from past to present but it really works in this case. It was important to get the history yet not have it overwhelm the present.

I really liked both Grace and
Elfina Renee
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
They say you can never understand what a person goes through unless you walk a mile in their shoes. God forbid you should ever wear mine.
 photo Grace2.jpg
The club first right? How much sacrifice is to much, when does an ole lady or patched member finish paying their dues...when is enough really enough?
 photo Grace.png
Grace has bleed for the club, lost everything to the life. Just when the famous Old Lady finally gotten her life together, tragedy circles around bringing her back. Until she meets him!
 photo Lock.jpg
Broken in his own way, Mi
Vee Paige
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*4.5* Wow! So glad I read this new-to-me author's book. This is a fantastic biker book, gritty enough not in the way of blood and gore, but gritty in the way of what a member of an MC would do for the good of the club. Lines between what's right and wrong are blurred. I had a hard time accepting what Grace and Miller had to do for the club in light of their burgeoning relationship. I didn't like it, but I got over it. I normally don't like past/present timeline shifts either, but Grace's past wi ...more
Monica **can't read fast enough**
Really enjoyed this one. Review to come
Rachel3368
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've thought about, I love the book but I know I won't do the book justice with any review I write. I'm not a reviewer. So I'll do what I do sometimes and give thoughts.

It's fully layered and the development is told beautifully. The characters are not straight out of high school, they've lived. Where younger characters have their place, these characters story would not be this story if they weren't older. And the story is just amazing, the writing is so good. I feel like every word written has
  • A Family Man (The Freaks MC, #1)
  • All the Sky (Signal Bend, #5)
  • Secondhand Smoke (Dartmoor, #4)
  • For Your Sake (Mountain Skulls MC, #1)
  • Blood in the Water (Kairos #1)
  • Perfect Collision (Marauders, #2)
  • Torched (Iron Serpents Motorcycle Club, #1)
  • Craving Absolution (The Aces, #3)
I daydream all the time, "what if" way too much, and am a lip-biting romantic. And I don't want to be cured of any of those. Ever. I'm a crazy New Yorker who now lives on a beach in beautiful Greece. I've been writing since forever because it keeps me sane. Well, sort of. I have two children's books traditionally published and I've self-published my romantic suspense series, the spinoff and a hist ...more

Lock & Key (5 books)
  • Random & Rare (Lock & Key, #2)
  • Iron & Bone (Lock & Key, #3)
  • Blood & Rust (Lock & Key, #4)
  • Fury
“Love not only stings when you lose it, when it’s ripped away from you. When it first bites, it can sting just as deeply.” 9 likes
“All this time Lock and I had managed to be civil to one another. No drama, all efficiency. But look him in the eyes? No, I couldn’t do that. That would cut me wide open, and there would be blood. Lots of blood. I’d crumble into a heap on the floor then beg him to collect the pieces.” 6 likes