Start by marking “The Undoing of Daisy Edwards (A Time For Scandal, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Undoing of Daisy Edwards (A Time For Scandal, #1)

The Undoing of Daisy Edwards

(A Time For Scandal #1)

London, 1923

Stage actress Daisy Edwards goes looking for escape at a wild party. Instead she finds reckless passion with a total stranger. Like Daisy, Dominic Harrington is reeling from the Great War, desperate to feel again. But the erotic force of their encounter leaves Daisy unsure whether to run or succumb….

Even if he hadn't met her in a police cell, Dominic would hav
ebook, 1st Edition, 90 pages
Published July 1st 2014 by Harlequin (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Undoing of Daisy Edwards, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Undoing of Daisy Edwards

Start your review of The Undoing of Daisy Edwards (A Time For Scandal, #1)
Wendy
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Moving, romantic, poignant, love-love-love Marguerite Kaye's intuitive understanding of the human psyche. Two lonely people, isolated by their experiences, the aristocrat in denial, and the famous actress, drinking and taking drugs to escape to oblivion.

This story has been written by Ms. Kaye in the first person, I don't remember ever having read a book written in this fashion. It was something I had to get my head around before getting started, but when I did I felt as though I was really 'in t
Maura
Alison
Jun 09, 2014 added it
Shelves: arc
I received an advance review copy of this book in return for an honest review. I'm rating it between 3-4 stars, because it is a special book and my review is slightly complicated!

First of all I love books set in the 1920s, in fact I love the 1920s so I was really happy to review this book and its sequel about Daisy's sister Poppy Edwards, which I'll be reviewing next. I had a feeling that after reading Marguerite Kaye's book Never Forget Me set during WWI that the emotion would overrun into thes
Charlotte Mcfall
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Of all the places to meet a woman Dominic Harrington meets Daisy Edwards in a police station. After a night of drinking and injecting cocaine our heroine finds herself in the last place she thought she would be.

Daisy had lost her husband during the Great War, she now finds herself hiding from herself and everyone around her trying to find something to make herself feel alive again. Nothing does, she wants so much but feels guilty that she has lived and her husband is gone.

Dominic too feels guilt
Judy
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Undoing of Daisy Edwards by Marguerite Kaye
A Time for Scandal Book One
London 1923, five years after the Great War and people go on trying to live in their own ways. Or for some like Dominic Harrington they go on, existing not living. They have all lost someone and have to accept they are still alive. Dominic does have his wild little sister to help out of trouble. Only this particular night, it’s not Grace at the jail.

Daisy Edwards is a stage actress. After losing her husband she continues
Alaine Batty
Aug 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Dominic Harrington meets Daisy Edwards in a police cell after his sister asked the police to call him to come a rescue Daisy.

Daisy had gone out looking to feel again after tragic events in the war, she hides from how she really feels and although she wants to move on she feels too guilty and to hide that fact she doesn't allow herself to feel - she cuts herself off from the whole world.. Even her sister...

Dominic isn't too doing too great at the moment either, he also lost someone in the war, a
Maria
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
The bewilderment, sadness, and devastation of the Lost Generation is beautifully evoked in Marguerite Kaye’s dual novellas in her A Time for Scandal series: The Undoing of Daisy Edwards and The Awakening of Poppy Edwards. Like Let’s Misbehave by Rae Summers (which I reviewed last year), both of these stories have a dark and melancholy tone yet, since they are romances, there are hopeful and happy endings.

In The Undoing of Daisy Edwards, Daisy and Dominic are merely going through the motions of l
Fiona Marsden
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Daisy Edwards and Dominic Harrington. In 1923 they are still suffering the aftermath of WWI. Daisy lost her husband and herself, alienating her sister, Poppy, in the process. The two of them were part of a singing duet but now Daisy can only do tragic roles.

The way she and Dominic come together is one hell of a cute meet. He's sent by his sister to rescue Daisy from a prison cell after she collapsed from drink and drugs in an attempt to feel something more.

Dominic suffers fr
G.
Jul 31, 2014 rated it liked it
The Undoing Of Daisy Edwards is not a perfect novella, but there is a lot to be admired about it. I believe Marguerite Kaye did a brilliant job at creating two people damaged by the Great War. Though I wanted more story, I think it's a great short read. Especially for those who are interested in the 1920s.

And the war, the bloody war, it's very good at making you care too much against your will, because it's way, way too practised at fulfilling your every nightmare.
SuperWendy
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story a lot - mostly because of how the author handled WWI. I loved that both characters had trouble thinking about a future in the wake of such tragedy. I also loved that the author didn't rush her ending. It ends well, but not in a syrupy saccharine way that would have been completely out of character for this hero and heroine. ...more
Kelly
Aug 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lovely, moving short that evokes all the loneliness and uncertainty of the time and allows the hope of love to shine through in a really beautiful way. This might be one of the first books I've read where the clothing references feel authentic, necessary and (above all) interesting. ...more
Harlequin Historical
Oct 16, 2014
Gigi Shirakawa
Nov 05, 2014
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 26, 2015 08:40AM
Marguerite Kaye is a prolific historical romance author hailing from Argyll’s West Coast. She is a voracious consumer of books, Scotland’s world-class larder, and the occasional cocktail.

Find out more on her website at www.margueritekaye.com

Join her on Facebook page at www.facebook.com/margueritekayepage

Chat with her on Twitter at www.twitter.com/margueritekaye

A Time For Scandal (2 books)
  • The Awakening of Poppy Edwards (A Time For Scandal, #2)