Start by marking “Heaven Can't Wait” as Want to Read:
Heaven Can't Wait

Heaven Can't Wait

When Brian Matheson dies at nineteen, his soul is in limbo. He has one chance to redeem himself before he’s thrown into a nasty pit. All Brian has to do is save the life of Kevin Anderson, a boy he and his friends tormented for being gay.

Kevin thought he’d finally escaped bullying. But his college roommate, Chuck, and his homophobic pals, prove him wrong. Now he can only
Published June 1st 2014 by Dreamspinner Press (first published May 31st 2014)

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
A little too preachy for my tastes but Eli Easton never fails me.

After Blame It On The Mistletoe I've been seeking out Eli Easton books like it's my job. When I saw this one I had to jump on it. Ghosts and M/M?? I was picturing some naked pottery scenes, ala "Ghost", and was letting my imagination run wild.

While this book was cute, it was both less erotic and less touching than I expected. First of all, you can't give me a virgin and have no losing-the-v-card scene! *pouts* That is just cruel,
Sheziss
Wow, I seriously loved this one.

It reminded me a lot of Unwrapping Hank. It's useless to deny it: I love hunky and apparently tough guys who are marshmallows inside they and lose their marbles for the twink but are so insecure they can't push themselves to reach for what they desire.

The idea is hot but also so adorbs I can't help myself. And Eli is a master at this. And I love how she writes, she captures my attention until the very end, so my only option is to finish the book, that's all.

The a
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
1,5-2 Stars

Sadly this book didn't work for me. I have come to love Eli Easton but this one wasn't as good.

My problems with it...

1) Splitting a tiny book in two stories means that at least one of the two doesn't get enough time to mature and unfold. In this book both stories(Brian's last act on Earth to earn his next life and Kevin's and Chuck's romance, seemed too rushed.
2) I couldn't connect with any of the characters because we didn't see enough of them.
3) I didn't believe in the romance asp
Jamie Fessenden
It's rare that I finish a story and find myself unable to stop smiling, but this one did that for me. The plight of Brian, a homophobic bully who is forced to go back to earth and "save a life" in order to redeem himself is very sweet and often hilarious. (Of course, the life he has to save is that of a gay college student.)

Perhaps not surprisingly, Brian turns out to be something of a disaster at fixing other people's lives. His misguided attempts to fix up his best friend (Chuck) with a girl a
Anke
Jun 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a nice one. Exactly the kind of paranormal I like. And the reason why I always give in and buy these Daily Doses - to get something I most probably wouldn't buy normally. Ok, this year again there were some stories I nevertheless didn't like, but It was great fun reading about Brian's experiences as a clumsy cupid. Wouldn't mind visiting him in his next life.
Gina
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, sweet, short, paranormal, humor
Ok this was all kinds of wonderful! OMG I LOVED this story!!

The blurb pretty much tells you what is going on so I am not going to rehash it. I just want to say this story touch my heart, warmed my soul and made me laugh out loud!! I love Ms Easton’s stories and the way she writes and this little gem did not disappoint.

Overall, a winner!!!
Tully Vincent
Aug 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Enjoyed Chuck and Kevin's story, but not so much the story of Brian and the angels as that part of the storyline struck me as preaching to the choir. And the spirals and rectangles in the brain thing is so black and white. Gay or straight. But what about all the various grays in between?
Therese
*4.5*

I really like movies like „Heaven can wait“, „Ghost“ and „Just like heaven“…So if you throw in a college M/M romance, AND add Eli Easton, and I guess the game was over before it started. Or as they say „you had me at hello“, darling novella.

Having a homophobic bully as main POV was, if not a stroke of genius, at least a very, very good idea. It gave the story an angle that I have not yet read in M/M romance. Brian should rightly be a unsympathetic narrator, but as Chuck says: " He could be
Don Bradshaw
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Eli Easton has the gift of being able to write what could easily be a sappy story and spin humor into it making it a fun read about a serious topic. In this story she takes an early death, internalized homophobia and possible suicide and spins then in her own unique way into a sweet and funny story. It's a joy to read one of her books.
Eli Easton
Jun 01, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This is my daily dose novella for 2014. It's something of a rom com with a paranormal twist. Hope you enjoy it.

Here's my desktop post for HCW, with inspirational images I used for the story:

And here's a page on my website where you can read an excerpt:
Janeylou
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Macky
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I've read every book by Eli Easton and each one has been a 5 star read for me except one, and that was still a 4.5 so I suppose you can tell by now that I'm a huge fan! I knew from the time that I picked up 'SuperHero', the first book I ever read by Eli, that she was going to be one of those authors who just 'fits'...if you know what I mean? And I haven't been wrong up to now. So I get really excited when I know anything by her is coming out. No way does one of hers get lost in the sea of a book
Ami
This one is a little bit different ... probably because it starts with Brian realizing that he died and he is going to be judged. Usually, then the story veers into a rather paranormal realm, maybe the ghost getting second chance with the boy he likes, or something like that. Interestingly, it doesn't happen here. Brian needs to save a life to get out of limbo and avoid hell. Kevin, the roommate of Brian's friend Chuck, is his assignment.

The part with Kevin and Chuck is lovely ... I loved every
❧Gwendolyn❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
3 Solid Stars~

-ok, maybe a wee bit more :-)

Because, man oOh man, this was such a sweet n' cute read. I wish it was longer~

And...

The bottom line, I will ALWAYS wish this writer's books were long and longer...than most reads, cuz, I just love this writer. I can always count on her writing something I like. And I liked this.

Also, I like that...

❤This book was an easy read.

❤This nook has, adorable MCs, I love them ALL...okay, didn't like the chick, much (Brian's girlfriend).

❤And, I absolutely adored
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
Well, this was sweet, poignant, a little obvious in its political statement, and I enjoyed it.

Even in a short read like this, Easton can paint characters with whom I have immediate connection and emotion: Brian made me wanna shake him and shout "don't be a jerk!", Kevin is sweet, in tune and strong, while Chuck is struggling, smart, and takes bravery by the hand in taking a chance, his honesty winning out.

The "lesson" learned was obvious from the beginning, and Brian's character was a little two
Bev
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this little novella from Eli. 4 stars from me.

Classic tale of redemption...with a twist at the end, which was a little weird in my opinion, given what had happened before but at least we know that Brian had finally got the message and was getting with the programme. As a 'living' character, Brian was a complete waste of space, as were some of his buddies, and as he came to realise much too late in the day, he hadn't been a particularly good friend to Chuck when he was alive otherwise he
Jewel
3.5 Stars
Justina Johnson
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, paranormal
One somewhat raucous college guy, Brian Scott Matheson, meets a rather untimely end to his life when driving while intoxicated. However, he then finds himself in an intermediate heavenly court and is given two weeks to save his eternal soul from fire, damnation, and brimstone. Oh my goodness...how divine! This is a very fascinating twist on a theme and I was entranced even though I didn't give this fellow much of a chance to protect his soul from hell. The entire story takes place on his college ...more
☆ Todd
Jul 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Seriously cute read.

The best part was seeing Neanderthal, 'follow the herd' Brian actually evolve into a decent human being. Or post-human being, as it were. : )

As a side note, the one thing that confused me a bit is at the start of the book, Brian mentions his mother watching 'Downtown Abbey', so I was thinking the story is set in the UK. Then it's mentioned that Kevin is from Wisconsin. Just a bit confusing locale-wise for the setting.

And finding out that Peter is a bit sadistic at the end...
Deeze
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was looking forward to this one, but it wasn't quite what I expected.

From the blurb I was expecting some pretty heavy angst, instead this was a rather funny read with dashes of angst and a lovely little HEA.

Perfect for when you just want to lose yourself in a sweet story
Didi
That was fun. I thought there would be some angsts in this, instead I found something a tad humorous.

I guess being confronted with some of your unintended bad behaviour would worry your dead self, unless you got a chance to redeem yourself. :)
CrabbyPatty
Wow - Eli Easton really did it in this fairly short story of death and hell .... and young love and acceptance. Yeah, it's hard to describe but wonderfully done.
Jenni
I've seen many a friend use that gif from “The Sound of Music” where Maria is twisting and turning in joy from a Swiss mountaintop. You know the one, right? Well that’s me right now after finishing this story.

Oh my gosh, my heart may eeesplode!

For all the questionable choices I've made in my life (ahem), I sure hope this is the way things are when I go: a Gatekeeper upstairs has given Brian a chance to make things better in someone else’s life before Brian’s gig is up. Just 19 when he died, Br
Silkeeeeeereads
Okay I Cried - A Lot. But to be fair, it's Friday the 13th, and I've had an emotional day. All that aside, talent cannot be denied and this author has it.

The story was gloriously simple, but moved me in ways that others have that had plots you had to write down as you read. The characters were lovely and the end - FANTASTIC!

Kudos to you once again, Eli! Highly Recommended Sweet Read!
Liz (Bugetta)
Sweet, funny story of a guy who dies and is stuck in limbo and must do a good deed to make it to heaven. I really enjoyed this story even though it was focused as much on Brian's transformation from a jerkwad to a decent human being as it was on the relationship between Kevin and Chuck. I had a big ol' grin on my face the whole time I was reading.
V
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Funny and cute, I would have love less "heaven" plot but you can't have everything.Peter was and dickhead.
Jason Bradley
Oct 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, ebook, college, coming-out
3.75 stars. this is a great moral tale that reminds us of how much our actions affect those around us.
Lenore
2.5 stars rounded up. A bit too didactic for my liking.
Dennie
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, ya, 100-pages-or-less
So....darned....cute!!!
Ricardo
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars

Really cute and sweet short story. Easton has such an incredible way of writing dialogue and creating characters that pop out of the page. There were a few times when the story came across as preachy but overall, I liked the plot and the message. The ending was a bit confusing for me. The humor brought it all together and made it work.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Dreamspinner Press: Heaven Can't Wait by Eli Easton 1 8 Jul 02, 2014 03:40PM

• In Another Life (Heartwarming)
  • Feathers From the Sky
  • Always Joey
  • Grumble Monkey and the Department Store Elf
  • Spirit
  • Don't Name the Puppy
  • Initiation (SSU Boys #0.5)
  • Under Pretenses
  • Pledge Number Seven
  • Going Up
  • The Match Before Christmas  (The Match Before Christmas #1)
  • Screwups
Having been, at various times and under different names, a minister’s daughter, a computer programmer, the author of paranormal mysteries, a game designer, an organic farmer, an avid hiker, and a profound sleeper, Eli is happily embarking on yet another incarnation as a m/m romance author.

As an addicted reader of such, she is tinkled pink when an author manages to combine literary merit, vast sto