Start by marking “Mating Balance” as Want to Read:
Mating Balance

Mating Balance

Dear Author,
I am a shifter looking for my mate and need to satisfy the overwhelming animal urge that dwells within me.

After many years prowling the globe looking for him, I believe my search is over.
I can smell him near me, I can feel him near me but, I want to feel him inside me!

Photo Description:
A man standing alone and naked in the woods next to a tree looking into the
Published July 11th 2014 by M/M Romance Group @ goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Mating Balance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mating Balance

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
The image prompt is hot, and the story is very readable and sweet.

A cougar shifter losing his human side goes on a quest to find his soulmate. Ironically, he only finds him when he returns home.

Parts of the story felt rushed; the two MCs meet, but their first "date" and the initial getting-to-know-each-other happen off-page and are later narrated in a paragraph.

There is a twist at the end that I saw coming and that fell a little flat when it was revealed. I would have liked to see the emotion
Vivian
Jul 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Soulbound enemies to lovers shifter/sprite story.

Sweet and carnal story of a cursed shifter and his quest. Just when he thinks he has the solution, there's a twist. A bit rushed with a lot of backstory exposition, but the MCs and the secondary characters (ferrets) are lovable.
Sheri
Apr 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Fun, funny and free!!
I enjoy my shifter stories...it's an escape to dreamland that I look forward to.
Yet....I fear I am becoming picky with shifters and their coupling.
And though this adventure was interesting it just didn't satisfy my shifter cravings.
The 'surprise' wasn't much of a surprise and though I liked both of the boys, I just wasn't wowed by their mating.
I've never known anyone with ferrets...they sound cute but I'm still a dog girl at heart. Or kitty cats. I'll smile fondly at the f
Meep
DNF at 55%

There's a cute shifter finding a quirky mate story here but it's bogged down by too many irrelevant facts.

Right at the beginning there's a huge angsty family background, far more than is needed for a short fun tale. Then there's what flooring Seth has throughout his house, what plants are in his garden...

Yet once they meet events get summarised!

The Ferrets are cute, but those 'babies' steal the show; Seth's 'fun' personality (that we're repeatedly told about) is shown through movie ref
Macky
Aug 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars. Surprisingly serious at the start, I was wondering where my funny Kyle had gone to for a minute, but then it hit it's stride when the two guys meet and Seth and the adorable ferrets appear. Funny (not hilarious), sweet, shifter/mate story with a touch of faerie magic. Sex appears latish on in the story but when it comes it's pretty hot! Very likeable and satisfying free short. Look forward to reading more of Kyle and Gina as a team. Thanks guys.
Teetee
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: para-mm-shifters
Urg…I struggled to finish this book and really am rather surprised I did. A LOT of skimming was involved. Lots of backstory before we get to the ‘good stuff’ and then after all that build up, the authors skip right over the best parts! The first meeting between the two is not a cataclysmic meeting; Troy, our shifter MC (and really, the shifter part was probably not even necessary it played such a little part in the relationship) wakes up his intended-Seth at the crack of dawn (because he couldn’ ...more
Bookwatcher
I LOVED THIS FREEBIE!

The book title fit perfectly with my experience reading it!. Perfect balance between dark and funny, sexy and romantic, instant-love and believable love!
This story also deserve my "pet" tag... The one I use to stories with pets that aren't just there in the scenery, but as CUTE animals and part of the plot.
Both writers are new for me, and I WILL search more of their works!
5 stars
Trisha Harrington
This was a really nice shift story that kept me entertained, even if it was a bit predictable when it came to the twist.
Joyce
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Crouck
Jul 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I think the most satisfying thing is the authors made a complete story out of a simple prompt. It was well-written, and my only issue is maybe how Troy's tragic past was handled... that is a lot, a lot of tragic that wasn't really resolved.
Mercedes
Jul 12, 2014 rated it really liked it

I don't usually read shifter stories but this one Was very nice. I would recommend it to those tired of wolf shifter and pack politics stories.
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Reviewed at The Blogger Girls.

When Troy’s dad tried getting revenge for his mom’s death, a Leshy cursed their family instead. To break the curse, Troy has to find his mate before he turns thirty so he’s spent the past years searching across the world for the one meant for him. Unfortunately, he’s had no luck and comes home to get his affairs in order. When he gets home and goes for one last run, he finally smells the scent he’s been desperately looking for. But when he tracks the delicious smell
Sandra
NSFW, there will be cock :) (view spoiler)
Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group's Love's Landscapes event. Thank you too all the amazing authors who participated!

I'm a sucker for shifters. And I'm a huge sucker for Kyle Adams's humor. I loved the quirky weird humor of Seth, it reminded me of me and my husband breaking into random made up songs and silly accents. The slight bit of angst worked and was a good little obstacle that you knew they would overcome. Hot Hot Hot sex
Serena Yates
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
A story about dealing with the past as much as accepting your open nature, this is a book about two men whose meeting makes them reconsider who they are. It's an interesting one because it's an "enemy to lovers" story - with one man not knowing he is the enemy of the other, and the other not realizing who the man he is falling for really is. And yes, that does sound complicated, but the discovery of the truth (on both sides) is also half the fun of reading this.

Troy knows he is a panther shifter
Kristan
Enjoyable and unique, this shifter story put a different spin on having to claim a mate.

While I found the story to be predictable, the writing was well done and the characters were distinct. I especially enjoyed Seth who was just plain silly. There were some very well done tender moments between the two MCs, but I was disappointed with the conflict resolution - this tragic event in Troy`s life was never really dealt with and the ramifications of it just seem so large to not have a resolution of
K
Jul 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: dritc
a pretty solid 3.5 stars
Troy's father was cursed by a Leshey (nature spirit) after his wife was killed and he destroyed the home of the Leshey that was her best friend. As a result Troy must find his mate or risk going feral - which happened to both his brothers who are dead. After searching for five years he returns home, to give up and take his own life before the curse can. However, he discovers his mate quite by accident. Seth has moved into the area, with his two pet ferrets. The pair get t
Furio
Sep 01, 2014 rated it did not like it
As it is often the case, in this short M/M shifter romance a good basic idea and two potentially interesting characters/lovers are wasted by hurry.
A lot of the story, not only past events, is told and not shown and what is shown only deals cursorily with the potentially interesting conflicts and personality traits.
It reads like an unfinished draft: should the author decide to write the actual story, it might be nice.
Annika
Sep 21, 2014 rated it liked it
It was a nice story, unfortunately not more for me (and I love Kyle Adam's stories before and was looking forward to this one). But as said several times already, some of the major story events I would have liked to read about happened off page. Then I found Seth just too silly. I don't know, I think appreciation and joy of live can be demonstrated also very differently than in acting silly (but that's obviously just me, a rather reserved person).
Katy Beth Mckee
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This story has the angst and anguish of everything you hold dear being lost to you. Troy has lost his entire family and feels he must do something drastic to protect others from himself. But then there is the scent of Seth. They move slowly but ever closer until one last piece of a puzzle is revealed. Both men are left hurting. It it a testament to love that fear and hate can be overcome.
Teresa
While I liked the concept, and I liked that even though their was a mate/soulmate bond things were taken slowly, the ending felt rushed. There was just something missing. However, Seth was sweet and funny and I loved the ferrets.
Samantha
Jul 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-read
More of a 3.5, but not quite enough for me to round it up.

Something about this made it very difficult for me to get into, and I felt the ending was quite abrupt. That being said, I love my some animals, and I thought the two musketeers (my nickname for them) were adorable and made me smile.
C
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
Couldn't get past the fact that nearly an entire family was butchered by a curse that the leshy's didn't even attempt to lift. Celia died of loneliness? Boohoo for her. Why did the children get cursed. Did his brothers have to die?
Enjee
Jul 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-shifters, free
After reading Rob Coltons's Timberpack Chronicles, I have suddenly developed an interest in mm shifters. This was a nice addition. Recommendations?
Jenni Lea
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it

3.5

Cute and funny and I liked it.

Plus ferrets!
V
Aug 06, 2014 rated it liked it
A real shame that this book has a lot inner-thoughts, background story, too much bla bla and plenty useless information, and when it reached the good part, like a speed of a light....it finished.
Annie
A nice little novella that didn't have total insta-love. The main characters did take some time to get to know each other before falling into bed together which was a welcome change from the normal romance outline. The only part I wished was different was that the miscommunication between the characters wasn't really resolved and that one was way more forgiving in a matter of minutes then he should have been. A nice story for a rainy day.
UltraMeital
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A sweet and very enjoyable read! Loved this one! Both main characters were interesting and so different yet so very alike in nature. the build up of the relationship was great especially since it had both the instant primal mating concept we are used to with animalistic characters (in this case shifters) yet as they took their time getting to know one another, they truly built a relationship before fully accepting their bond.

Both Troy and Seth are in sort of the same place in life. They both wa
S.M. Franklin
Gina A. Rogers & Kyle Adams – Mating Balance (Review)

Finished: 250714

5 Twinkling Stars.

My Prompt! My Prompt!

First of all, thank you to these two authors for not only participating in the MM Romance Group’s event but also for offering to write a story and actually doing it.

This was freaking brilliant. I’ve been looking forward to reading this ever since Gina and Kyle claimed it. Then I wanted it even more when Kyle tempted us all with the cover.

At 73 pages, it was a quick and very easy
Cheryl
Apr 29, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a slightly different take on your usual shifter tale as it involves a shifter and a woodland sprite. Troy has a sad family history and knows that as the last of his line, he must find his mate to break the curse. He's been travelling for 5 years in search of his other half but it is only when he gives up hope and returns home that he can sense the proximity of the man he was seeking. It's obvious from quite early on, the direction the story is going to head but this doesn't make it any l ...more
Jeanne 'Divinae'
Troy is at his ends wits. Because of a curse, he is nearing the age where he will end up going feral if he doesn’t find his mate. Just as he is making his last run(he was going to kill himself), a smell overcame him. The scent of his mate. But instead of just running all gun-ho and jump his mate, he decides it is best to let his mate come to him. So he decides to court him instead. But even as things start to come around and looking great, something happens that could tear them apart. They need ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Kyle Adams - Q&A : Mating Balance - A Loves Landscapes Story 14 22 Jul 11, 2014 08:32PM
  • Jagged Rock
  • Expect the Unexpected
  • Broken Phoenix
  • Better Than New
  • Exposed
  • An Old-Fashioned Love Song (Woodshed, #1)
  • The Layover
  • Fighting Dirty (Fighting Dirty, #1)
  • The Badass Of His Dreams
  • Inhaling Smoke
  • All I Ever Wanted
  • The Raven's Flight
  • Knickers in a Twist
  • Don't Name the Puppy

Gina A. Rogers is an amazon living in South Central Pennsylvania where she grew up and will never be allowed to forget she once sported a mullet. She has mild OCD issues with regards to symmetry and reading order and is obsessed with the letter V. She loves nerds and men who wield swords (pun intended), especially while wearing skirts of the tartan or even leather variety. Although she loves readi